Chapter 19

Immortal Seoul

Hyuk waited in the private dining room of the restaurant his pack leader Lee Joon owned. He couldn't believe how out of control everything was getting. He drank a shot of soju and poured himself another. Taecyeon had given him no other choice. He had to tell Joon what happened. The door opened and the three men walked in.

"What is wrong with you?" Joon questioned Taecyeon as they took seats at the table with Hyuk.

"What's wrong with me?" Taecyeon repeated a look of disgust covered his face. "That killed our pack leader remember and I was just trying to return the favor."

"She was defending herself if I recall correctly." Joon poured himself a shot and drank it. "Rain was my brother and I was upset too but we don't need a war with the vampires."

"That's your problem..." Taecyeon shook his head "you were always too weak to lead our pack." Taecyeon locked eyes with Joon "your brother had the right idea... he was just careless."

"No..." Joon took another drink "he was stupid and got half our pack killed in the process."

"Can you believe this?" Taecyeon looked at Minho and shook his head. "We almost had the revenge your brother deserves and you're going to sit there and call him stupid." Taecyeon picked up the bottle of soju and finished it. "I should be the pack leader since it seemed I'm the only one willing to do anything around here."

Joon smirked "that's what this is about...? You've always wanted to be the leader but you're not. I am by rite and by blood so stop trying to use my brother's name for your own gains."

There was silence in the room as the two men stared at each other. Finally Taecyeon leaned back and pulled a small vial from his pocket placing it on the table.

"We can kill them with this." Taecyeon pointed to the small vial filled with a green liquid. "It slows their regeneration to the speed of a human and it works. We would have killed her if it wasn't for that explosion."

"Look around you Taecyeon. There are only four of us sitting in this room. I've witnessed the vampire you almost killed take out four of us without batting an eye." Joon stood and started pacing in front of the table. "This is the second time you've failed and this time they're looking for you."

"Let them look..." Taecyeon grabbed the vial and tossed it in the air. "I'm ready for them."

"You and what army?" Joon stopped and looked at the overly confident man. "Taeyeon alone could wipe us all out and now she has two vampires with her."

" her..." Taecyeon scoffed "we have something planned for that little too." He turned to Minho and they exchanged smiles. "Anyway Jun. K and his pack is helping us out."

"Jun. K...? You're getting help from Jun. K? He's the most unstable person I've ever meet."

"Well he has the biggest pack. Maybe if you stop being a little yourself some new wolves will join ours." Taecyeon and Minho laughed at his crude remark.

"You're really not that bright are you?" Joon took his seat again. "The pack only grows when the leader is facing a threat and Jun. K is always starting unnecessary fights. Yes his pack is large but how many young men have died following him?"

"It doesn't matter, with his help we can easily take out four vampires."

"Four...?" Joon repeated "have you forgotten about their friends?"

"You mean Jessica?" Taecyeon smiled "oh no... she knows her place." His eyes fell on Hyuk "and with pretty boy over there ing her sister's cute little she shouldn't be a problem either."

"Don't talk about her that way."  Hyuk finally said his first words of the night as he stared daggers into Taecyeon.

"Oooh... and he speaks." Taecyeon leaned forward and smiled at Hyuk. "I knew you had fallen for that vamp... I bet you even let her drink your blood."

" you!" Hyuk stood and pounded his hand against the table.

"Calm down" Joon gestured for Hyuk to sit. "I do believe you let a certain vampire drink your blood before."

Taecyeon frowned at Joon and leaned back in his chair. " if I did..."

"You have to stop this nonsense or you're going to get us all killed." Joon paused and looked at them all before continuing. "Let's all just go home and get some rest. I have to try and fix things with Boa... until then lay low and stop causing " he pointed to Taecyeon.

*****

Hyuk opened his apartment door and was surprised to see Krystal standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"What happened Hyuk... why didn't you warn me? I could have warned Boa."

"I didn't know until it was almost too late. If I hadn't blown up that truck they would have killed her." Hyuk walked up to Krystal and leaned his head against her shoulder. "I'm so sorry..." he sighed and wrapped his arms around her.

"It's not your fault" she rubbed the back of his head "but why didn't you know?"

He lifted his head so he could look into her eyes then he placed a small kiss on her lips. She held his face as he tried to pull away making the kiss longer. "Taecyeon doesn't trust me anymore. He knows I'm in love with you."

"You're in love with me, huh?" Krystal smiled and grabbed his hand "let's go to your room."

"I want you to marry me." Hyuk breathed out heavily his body was covered in sweat.

"You're so romantic" Krystal kissed his cheek "proposing to a girl right after ... how could I say no?"

"So that's a yes?" He raised his brows and smiled.

"No silly..." she shoved him playfully. ”Are you trying to relive Romeo and Juliet?"

"Not all werewolves hate vampires... just the stupid ones." He rubbed her cheek and kissed her.

She smiled and laid her head on his chest. "I love the smell of your sweat."

"Stop being weird..." he said as he ran his hand through her hair.

"It's not weird... I love your manly smell."

"I still think it's weird" he laughed and closed his eyes.

They lay together for a while in silence. Krystal closed her eyes and listened to Hyuk's heartbeat while he ran his fingers through her hair. When his hand stopped moving and his breathing slowed she knew he had fallen asleep.

*****

"He's stupid if he thinks he can work out a deal with Boa." Taecyeon said as he punched the punching bag Minho was holding.

"He's always been weak man. You'd be a much better leader than him."

"Damn right I would" Taecyeon punched the bag again. "I can't wait to take that and her family of vamps out."

"Yeah man I feel you" Minho agreed "I honestly think we should take them all out... Jessica included."

"You leave her out of this!" Taecyeon punched the bag with all his strength knocking Minho back a little.

"Sounds like you still have a thing for that vamper." Minho laughed as he set his feet again.

"Shut the up..." Taecyeon removed his gloves and walked over to the water cooler grabbing a cup.

"It's okay man I get it. You were in love and she broke your heart. She chose her friends over you... that's hard man." Minho grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat from his face.

Taecyeon drank a cup of water as he watched Minho wipe his face and then throw the cup away. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Look man I'm not judging you. I just think you'd be a better leader if you didn't have some vampire always in the back of your mind."

"We're not touching Jessica or her sister you understand?" Taecyeon stated clearly. "She didn't have anything to do with it."

"Yeah and either did Taeyeon but you sure do have a hard on for killing her." Minho grabbed a cup and poured himself some water.

"Why do I even hang out with you?" Taecyeon sighed and walked over to the weight set picking up a fifty pound weight in each hand.

"Oh my bad... I must have missed the long line of people waiting outside to hang out with you."

"You're a ing " Taecyeon laughed as he started to alternate lifting each weight.

"I learned from the best." Minho laughed too.

"Okay let's get serious now. We need to go over the plan again. We can't afford to this up a third time."