Chapter 14

Immortal Seoul

"So what you're telling me is if I drink this I can go outside... right now... in the sun?" Hyoyeon was holding a cup in her hand as she eyed the three women in front of her.

"Yes" Taeyeon replied smiling "I didn't believe it the first time myself but it's amazing."

"You're coming with me right?" Hyoyeon questioned for the fifth time.

"I'm just waiting on you" Taeyeon sat down next to Hyoyeon and patted her back. "Don't you trust me?"

"Yeah... of course I do" she looked down into the cup and then swallowed the strange liquid.

Taeyeon gave her a quick squeeze and stood up. "Let's go outside."

"Okay" Hyoyeon stood and rolled her shoulders back a few time. She exhaled loudly and started jogging in place while shaking her arms out.

"What are you doing?" Taeyeon asked as she stared at the young vampire.

"I'm getting ready..." Hyoyeon responded shaking her head as she continued to run in place.

"Well run towards the door." Taeyeon laughed as she pushed the girl forward.

When Hyoyeon realized she wasn't going to burst into flames she screamed and did cartwheels around Taeyeon's backyard for a full 10 minutes. "This is unbelievable" Hyoyeon stated as she jogged over to Seohyun and Yoona who were taking notes and whispering to each other.

"Yeah it's pretty amazing." Yoona smiled at the second vampire she had met in less than a month. To her the whole situation was unbelievable.

"How are you feeling, anything weird?" Seohyun questioned as she looked up from her notebook over the top of her glasses.

"Yes..." Hyoyeon nodded and made a serious face. "Something feels very weird right now." She looked down at the ground and sighed.

"Go on..." Seohyun urged waiting for Hyoyeon's answer.

"I'm a freaking vampire and I'm out in the sun!" Hyoyeon screamed and pulled the two shocked girls into a hug. "Have you thought about selling this? I mean we could make a fortune."

"We..." Seohyun looked at the vampire like she was crazy.

"Somebody has to hook you up with vampires." Hyoyeon said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"We're not selling it." Taeyeon walked over and stood next to Hyoyeon. "We have to keep this between us okay."

"Okay..." Hyoyeon nodded "but can I tell Sunny?"

"Yeah you can tell Sunny." Taeyeon smiled and patted Hyoyeon back again.

Hyoyeon pulled out her phone and dialed Sunny's number.

"What's up?" Sunny answered after a few rings. "Why are you calling me in the middle of the day?"

"You're not going to believe this" Hyoyeon laughed into the phone. "Let me send you a picture." She took a selfie and hit send. "Did you get it?"

"It's downloading..." Sunny uttered a little annoyed. "This better not be something stupid." When the picture loaded Sunny frowned and studied it for a moment then laughed. "Are you playing with Photoshop? I have to admit this is pretty damn good."

"It's not Photoshop I'm really outside. I'm gonna send you another one." She turned to get the other girls in the photo and took another picture.

"You're not joking with me" Sunny said looking over the second photo.

"No I'm not joking and you should get your back here right now."

"And how am I supposed to do that huh? I can't go out in the sun remember?"

"Yeah I forgot about that."

"Anyway I can't come back right now... I have to look after Sunmi." Sunny paused for a second "I turned her last night."

"What..." Hyoyeon looked over her shoulder and took a few steps away from the three women behind her. "You're serious... do you feel different... like a boss?"

"No... What... I don't feel like a boss." Sunny uttered confused by Hyoyeon's question.

"Really... have you done the eye thing? I bet you'll feel like a boss once you do the eye thing."

"You know what I'm not talking to you anymore. Goodbye Hyoyeon."

"Wait, wait don't hang up. You should bring her with you, she's family now."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"You know Taeyeon's not mad at you anymore. She asks me about you two every day... it's starting to get really annoying."

"I don't know... I'll think about it."

"Sunny, I just sent you a picture of me out in the sun and you're going to think about it?"

Sunny laughed "I guess you have a point."

"I'm going to give Taeyeon your number." Hyoyeon chuckled into the phone.

"Please don't..." Sunny sighed "I can't deal with her right now.

"You two should kiss and make up or whatever. I don't like having my family split apart. I miss you... we miss you."

"I miss you too." Sunny replied softly.

"And Taeyeon..." Hyoyeon questioned.

"I don't know."

"Sunny!"

"Okay, okay I miss her a little but don't tell her I said that."

"Yeah okay I won't tell." Hyoyeon smiled and looked over her shoulder again at Taeyeon who was laughing with the two other girls.

"I'm going to sleep for a while but I'll call you later." Sunny yawned into the phone. "I had a busy night."

"Okay later bunny." Hyoyeon hung up her phone and casually strolled over to stand next to Taeyeon.

"How's Sunny?" Taeyeon questioned and Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

"The same as yesterday and the day before that and the day before that..."

Taeyeon laughed and nodded " and Sunmi?"

"She's a vampire... surprise!" Hyoyeon raised her arms over her head and did a little jig.

*****

Jessica waited patiently for Tiffany to arrive. It was time for her to report back any information she had learned about Taeyeon. It wasn't long before the girl bounced into the room wearing her bright smile.

"Miss Hwang" Jessica returned her own smile but it wasn't nearly as bright. "How have you been enjoying your new job?" Jessica really didn't care but she thought she should try to be polite.

"Oh it's been great! Yuri is amazing and she's taught me so much already." Tiffany beamed excitedly.

"That great..." Jessica uttered trying to sound more interested than she was. "What about Taeyeon did you see her or talk to her at all?"

"Yes, I saw her here once and I watched a sunset with her."

Jessica stared at the girl in front of her for a while. She wondered if the girl was crazy or maybe she knew a different Taeyeon. "We are talking about Kim Taeyeon... the Taeyeon you were talking to that night at the bar?"

"Yes, she's the only Taeyeon I know."

"You watched a sunset with Kim Taeyeon?" Jessica questioned and folded her arms.

"Yes" Tiffany frowned at the weird question. Why was it so hard to believe?

Jessica chuckled and shook her head. "Are you lying to me because I don't like liars?"

"No... Why would I lie about something so mundane? It was my day off I was walking my dog at the beach and she was there. She said she was there to watch the sunset so I joined her." Tiffany reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. "I took a picture with her see." Tiffany handed Jessica the phone and waited.

Jessica looked down at the photo and Tiffany was indeed on the beach with Taeyeon. Jessica smirked and handed the phone back to Tiffany. "It's night in that picture" Jessica pointed out.

"I know, it was after we watched the sunset." Tiffany was starting to get annoyed.

"Okay..." Jessica nodded "you said you saw her here, what did she talk about?" She was really starting to think the girl was crazy.

"She was real interested in you." Tiffany folded her arms and scanned the beautiful woman in front of her with a hint of jealousy in her eyes. "She wanted to know what you looked like."

"And what did you tell her?" Jessica sighed and hoped this girl hadn't actually described her to Taeyeon. Jessica closed her eyes as Tiffany repeated what she had said.

"" Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose and hung her head. Tiffany watched uneasily as her boss stayed in that position for a long time. It didn't even seem like she was breathing.

"Miss Kwon... Miss Kwon are you okay?"

"Yes Tiffany, I'm okay." Jessica straightened herself and exhaled. "Do you have Taeyeon's number?"

"Um... yes."

"Good, I need you to call and tell her you talked with Miss Kwon and she would like to meet her tonight."

"But if you meet her you won't need me anymore."

"It's was a stupid idea anyway" Jessica leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs. "It's time for me to stop hiding."

*****

Taeyeon couldn't believe her eyes when she walked into Jennifer Kwon's office and saw Jessica Jung standing there. She hesitated just inside the door as Jessica stared back at her with cold eyes.

"Jessica..." Taeyeon walked over to the immortal that had taking care of her for so many years and wrapped her arms around her. She knew what had happened to her and what Sunny told her but she had never heard Jessica's side of the story. She wanted to believe she had a good explanation for what happened. It took Jessica a while to return the gesture but when she did they embraced for a long time.

As they parted Jessica rubbed her thumb across Taeyeon's cheek. "What's this?" She held her wet finger up so Taeyeon could see. "Are you crying?"

"What? No I'm not crying" Taeyeon used the back of her hand to wipe her face. "Some water must have dropped on me outside or something."

"Yeah that's probably what happened" Jessica chuckled and rubbed Taeyeon's cheek again.

"So what's with the whole Jennifer Kwon thing? Why are you hiding?"

"Straight to the point I see" Jessica took in a deep breath. "I was hiding from you to be honest."

"But why?" Taeyeon frowned she wasn't a fan of that answer.

Jessica's eyes drifted over Taeyeon's shoulder to her open office door. "Follow me" she said as she turned and walked toward the back of the office. Taeyeon wasn't sure how it happened but the back wall opened and Jessica walked inside. The wall closed behind Taeyeon as she entered and she felt like she had walked into her dream. Everything was the same as the vision she was having for so long.

"What's going on Jessica?" Taeyeon questioned when she finally reached the small room at the end of the hall.

"Look Taeyeon I want to tell you everything but it's not safe for you here." She grabbed Taeyeon's hands and squeezed them. "You have to stop coming here okay."

"Jessica... why won't you tell me what's going on?"

"I will... I promise but not here." Jessica reached into her back pocket and pulled out a card. "This is my address meet me there in three days and I will tell you everything."

"But Jessica..."

"Taeyeon!" Jessica stopped her protest. "Just meet me there in three days and make sure you're not being followed."

"Okay" Taeyeon nodded she knew it was no point in trying to continue.

"Okay..." Jessica let out a relieved sigh and gave Taeyeon a quick hug. "I missed you" she smiled and pushed Taeyeon towards a different door. "Now get out of here."


A/N

Hi everybody I just wanted to say thanks to my subscribers and commenters. It really keeps me motivated so thank you and I heart you all! I see that I have a TaeMi fan out there and a TaeA fan. Well well what about the TaeNy fans? I haven't forgotten about you. Who will Taeyeon end up with? You'll have to keep reading to find out.

So if you have a minute or ten maybe twenty I wanted to talk a little about my motivation behind writing this story. You don't have to stay and read my ramblings so if you're only here for the story I hope you'll be back next week but right now I just want to talk a little.

"An artist's image is made by the fans and the artist's actions and performances inspire the fans. So depending on how we affect each other our actions will change." - Kim Taeyeon ~ Self Talk in Phuket

I've been a fan of Taeyeon's for a long time. She became my Ultimate Bias back in the Run Devil Run days and my love for her has only grown over the years. So of course I wanted to write a story with her in it. I'm also a fan of the Wonder Girls with Sunmi being my bias in that group and we all know about her girl crush on Taeyeon right? No? Well shame on you. AOA has been on the rise as one of my favorite groups lately and I just heart Choa so how could I not put her in my story. Then there's the infamous TaeNy... I've been on that ship for a long time. Yes I'm a card carrying Locksmith. I'm going down with that ship... TaeNy is real... even if it's just the friend ship.

So that's really why I wanted to write this story and I think vampires are cool. Yeah so that's it and now I'm about to talk about Taeyeon for the rest of the time so again you don't have to stick around just come back next week for more story. I won't be mad... honestly I won't even know you left. (Warning: I may say some things that will offend you and I apologize up front. Please don't hate me.)

I will admit that last year was a rough year for Taeyeon and her fans but what happened really raised some questions for me. I used the quote above because I feel like it's so true. Taeyeon has inspired me and so many others out there to write, draw, sing, and make videos or whatever. I once said that GG are my nine muses and I still believe that to this day. I will talk about the number nine in a moment and I also want to touch on people saying that Taeyeon has changed but first let's talk about Baekhyun.

Can I be honest with you if anyone is still reading at this point? I wasn't a fan of Taeyeon and Baekhyun's relationship. My good friend VictoriHyuk27 (he has a couple good stories he's writing so if you're looking for something else to read go check him out!) Anyway I would always tell him how much I disliked them as a couple. I tried to like Baekhyun but the more I tried the less it worked and his fan girl’s throwing so much hate at Taeyeon wasn’t making things easier. VictoriHyuk27 thought it was ridiculous that I wasn't supporting Taeyeon in her relationship. I was her fan right? I should be happy for her right? Yes... he was right I should've been happy for her but I wasn't and no it's not because I have some sick delusion about being with her in the future. I am very aware of the fact that I will probably never meet her in my life and I have no problem with that. The problem I did have was she never seemed happy with him. Maybe she did before the news dropped but after that she was a ing mess. She was sad and crying in a ing airport asking random people to apologize to her fans. That was sad and I'm sorry but Baekhyun didn't have the balls to stand up and say two words to defend his woman? Kim ing Taeyeon! The third most desirable woman in Korea! Please... get the out and yes I'm happy they broke up. Good she looks happier now anyway. (I'm sorry EXO-L's no hard feelings. I still like their music. Call Me Baby!)

Okay so people are saying she changed and yes I agree she has but that's apart of growth and life. She said it herself in the quote above. The effect of her fans has shaped her as an artist. She gets a lot of love but with it comes a lot of hate. So she has to protect herself and her image. Like it or not. She loves her fans and wants us to see the best side of her. How can I be mad at that? I heart her. Taeganger over here!

Now that I’ve got that off my chest, let's talk about Jessica and the eight others. A lot of people blame Taeyeon for Jessica getting kicked out of the group. This is another thing VictoriHyuk27 and I talked a lot about. (He's a Jessica fan. She was his bias in the group so it really for him.) I honestly don't have an answer for this one. Do I think there was some beef between them... yes? Do I think Taeyeon wanted to kick Jessica out of the group... maybe? All I know is the eight others agreed to some extent to kick her out. We don't know what happened and we won't (until Sunny or Jessica write a tell all book) I'm just saying that regardless of what happened I still love and support all nine of them. OT8 and Jung Jessica... no love has been lost for me. I do miss Jessica's vocals though... I mean come on man. Taeyeon and Jessica singing together was perfection. I'll always miss that GG sound. Okay that’s enough rambling from me. Wow if you made it this far you are probably me because I'm sure everyone else checked out a long time ago. But if you're not me and you're still reading this I heart you so much!!! Thank you and I'll see you next week.

Mad_One

"Thanks so much for being the energy that moves me. You're the reason I can sing. A singer has to have listeners to be able to sing. Well there's self-satisfaction but since the debut I've felt such a huge amount of love. So I'm honestly very worried about my future. What if I can't absorb all the love you give? What if my heart isn't big enough to hold it all? What if my love basket is empty? I worry... but... but... even so, nothing is going to change." - Kim Taeyeon ~ Self Talk in Phuket