Chapter 17

Immortal Seoul

Taeyeon stood nervously outside of Jessica's door. She rang the doorbell a couple times and waited. Her mind drifted to the last three words that came from Choa's mouth... 'I'm sorry too'. She wanted to go back and work things out with the girl but talking to Jessica was more important. She decided it would be best to just let Choa move on with her life. 'She deserves better than me anyway' Taeyeon thought as the door opened. The young immortal girl she met in the hallway of the club invited her in.

"Please follow me Miss Kim." The pretty girl with a jaw length bob haircut turned and led Taeyeon into an empty room. "Jessica will be here in a moment." The girl said as she typed into her phone.

Taeyeon took a seat in what she could only guess was Jessica's living room. It was smaller than Taeyeon imagined and nicely decorated but it looked barely lived in. The whole house was smaller than she imagined to be honest. Taeyeon remembered Jessica would always buy the biggest house on the block never looking twice at a small house. As she looked around the room she noticed a picture of Jessica and Krystal hanging on the wall. She smiled as she studied the picture. Krystal was like a sister to her. She had spent most of her young vampire life with the girl. Jessica had turned her younger sister only a few years after she had been turned herself. Taeyeon was forever grateful for the girl's company. It was nice to have someone on her side when she made stupid mistakes. Krystal had always been understanding when Jessica was hard on her.

"Taeyeon, you made it." Jessica walked hurriedly into the room. She eyed her secretary who was still typing into her phone. "Can you bring us some refreshments?"

"Yes ma'am" the girl bowed and left the room.

"It's so hard to find good help these days." Jessica sighed and took a seat in front of Taeyeon. "Did anyone follow you?"

"No... I don't think so." Taeyeon shook her head.

"Good..." Jessica leaned back in her chair and stared at Taeyeon.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Taeyeon returned Jessica's glare.

"In a moment..." Jessica turned her head as her secretary Eunjung entered the room with two glasses. She placed the glasses on the coffee table between them and stepped back. "Eunjung please give us some privacy and make sure we're not interrupted."

"Su...sure" Eunjung looked surprised Jessica asked her to leave. "I'll be outside if you need me." She bowed and headed for the door.

"Wait..." Jessica gestured for the girl to return. "There are some documents downstairs on my desk. I'd like you to read over them and write out a brief summary for me."

"Yes ma'am." Eunjung bowed again and eyed Taeyeon before she left the room.

"What was that about?" Taeyeon asked as Eunjung closed the door behind her.

"She's nosy and I don't want her listening to our conversation." Jessica picked up a glass and took a deep drink from it.

"I can't wait to hear what you have to say." Taeyeon wasn't sure but Jessica seemed uneasy and on edge. She wondered if it was because of her or was there something else bothering her.

Jessica put the glass down and crossed her legs. "I have to go back to before you were even a vampire if this is going to make any sense."

"I have nothing but time." Taeyeon sat back in the oversized chair making herself comfortable.

"Well..." Jessica smirked "let's get started."

*****

"What do you think of her?" Boa asked Jessica as they watched the petite girl sleep from their hidden spot across the street.

Jessica shrugged "she's a bit weird" she turned her attention to Boa. "The girl has everything. She's pretty, she's rich and she has plenty of suitors but she refuses them all. All she does she sit in that garden and paint... she's not even that good at it."

Boa smiled and nodded "I like her… she's not a spoiled little brat like the rest of them."

"True" Jessica agreed "but I still think she's strange. I mean the girl barely talks."

"Says the quietest girl I've ever met."

"Whatever..." Jessica rolled her eyes. "She'll be your little mute vampire... not mine."

Boa shook her head "Let's go" she put her arm around Jessica's shoulders. "I think I've made my decision."

"So this Boa person is my maker?" Taeyeon picked up the other glass and took a sip of the now room temperature blood. She made a face and put the glass down. "That's disgusting..." she pointed to the glass. "You two were watching me, judging me?"

"Yes" Jessica sighed "and don't interrupt I have a lot to cover."

"Fine..." Taeyeon sat back in her chair again and waited for Jessica to continue.

"Things were different back then because there were a lot more vampires around. We didn't have a vampire council or anything like that but Boa's family was the closest thing to one. Her maker was the oldest vampire in existence that I knew of. Boa never told me how old she was and I never asked but I knew she had to be at least a couple hundred years older than myself."

"Is Boa's last name Kwon?"

"Yes..." Jessica narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon. "How did you know?"

"I wasn't sure at the time but now I'm sure I saw her before. I was in a cafe one night and she was there staring at me. When I looked into her eyes I had to look away. Sunny and Hyoyeon do that all the time but to have the feeling myself was... was... I don't even have words." Taeyeon shook her head and chuckled as her mind drifted back to that moment.

Jessica smiled as she watched Taeyeon get lost in her thoughts. It had been hundreds of years since she last saw her maker but the feeling was still very clear in her mind. "Hyoyeon... she's the new vampire? How long has she been with you?"

"Fifty years..." Taeyeon looked up into Jessica's eyes. "The night Sunny rescued me from your boyfriend and his friends. Hyoyeon was unfortunate enough to run into us. I don't know what they did to me but I was weak and nearly dead. Hyoyeon saved my life that night but I took hers." Taeyeon looked away and wiped a tear from her eye. "I... I just couldn't leave her there in the streets... I owe her my life."

Jessica nodded "I'm sorry... Taeyeon."

"Yeah" Taeyeon smirked "I can't wait to hear what you have to say about that."

"I'm getting there..." Jessica sighed "stop interrupting me." Taeyeon nodded and waited again.

"I never told you this but bloodlines are very important to our kind. The older a vampire is when they make a vampire the stronger that new vampire will be. Boa has one of the oldest if not the oldest bloodline of all the vampires that remain. She didn't pass her blood on lightly. We monitored several people for years but in the end she chose you. It just so happened there was a storm brewing but we didn't know until it was too late."

*****

"Let me go!" Taeyeon screamed and tried to fight against the two women holding her. "What do you want... is it money? I'm rich... I have money... you can have it all... just let me go." Taeyeon started to cry as the two women stared back at her.

"Let her go" the tall modelesque woman said to the other. The woman released Taeyeon and she stumbled away from them.

"So that's it... you want money? Taeyeon questioned backing away from the women.

"No..." the tall one approached and ran her finger over Taeyeon's cheek down to her neck. "You're very cute. I see why she wants you... you have pretty eyes."

"What are you talking about?" Taeyeon stepped away again scanning the room for an exit. "Who wants me...?"

"You'll find out soon enough cutie." The tall woman made a kissing motion with her lips. Taeyeon stared back at the woman for a moment and then slapped her across the face. The ring on her finger cut into the woman's skin. Taeyeon watched in horror as the cut healed before her eyes.

"You're a feisty one..." the woman wiped the small drop of blood from her cheek and it. "This is going to be fun."

Taeyeon screamed and ran for the door but before she could reach it the tall woman was in front of her then everything went black.

"What happened Sooyoung?" Boa questioned as she entered the room with Jessica. Taeyeon was lying unconscious on the floor.

Sooyoung shrugged "she got out of hand."

"Really...?" Boa kneeled down beside Taeyeon and moved her hair from her face. "I find that hard to believe and she's bleeding."

"I'm sorry..." Sooyoung yelled "but she cut me and tried to escape."

Boa turned to the other woman who looked at Sooyoung and shrugged. She turned her attention back to Sooyoung as she stood. "You're a vampire and she's human. I'm sure you could've found another way to stop her."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and shrugged again.

"Leave us..." Boa said after exchanging glares with the disrespectful vampire.

"Now I understand why you chose her." Jessica walked over to Boa as the two women left the room.

"I never want to give my blood to someone like her." Boa kneeled down again and lifted Taeyeon into her arms. "Let's get started."

As they waited for Taeyeon to wake Sooyoung ran back into the room. "Boa you have to come with me! Your maker is being attacked!"

"What!" Boa jumped up "by who?"

"The werewolves..."

"But I thought we came to an agreement." Jessica said moving closer to them.

"We did..." Boa uttered as she looked at Taeyeon. "I have to go..."

"I'm coming with you." Jessica locked eyes with Boa.

"No... I need you to watch over her." She pointed to the unmoving girl on the floor. "I'll be back soon."

Hours passed before Boa returned covered in blood.

"What happened...?" Jessica ran over to the blood covered girl. Boa fell to her knees as tears smeared the blood covering her face.

"My maker is dead... I was too late."

"Oh my god." Jessica tried to wipe some of the blood from Boa's face. "I'm so sorry." She pulled her into a hug for a small time.

"I can't stay..." Boa said against Jessica's chest. "They're still following me... they have my scent."

"Who's blood is this, where did it come from?" Jessica tried to wipe more blood from Boa's face.

"I killed a few of them..." Boa said as she stood and looked at the door. "They're getting closer..." She turned to face Jessica. "Give me your shirt."

"What...?"

"Take off your shirt... hurry!" Jessica was confused but she obeyed removing her shirt and handing it to Boa. She grabbed Jessica's hands and wiped away as much blood as she could.

"I have to disappear for a while. I need you to watch over Taeyeon until I can return. I know she will have questions but you can't tell her about me. I'm not sure what happened or what's going to happen but if I die she will be the last of my bloodline. You have to take care of her for me and keep her out of danger."

"Boa... I... I can't..." Jessica stuttered.

"Yes you can, you're my best friend and I trust you with my life but now I'm entrusting you with hers."

"Alright... how can I say no to that?" Jessica sighed and looked down at Taeyeon. "I can't believe you're leaving me with a mute vampire."

"She's not mute..." Boa chuckled "you heard her screams... the girl has a powerful set of lungs on her."

"What should I do?"

"Take her and leave the country. I will contact you when I can but I must go. Thank you..." Boa smiled before disappearing from the room.

"Wow..." Taeyeon was now on the edge of her seat. "I remember that girl... Sooyoung... right?"

"Um... yeah her name was Sooyoung."

"What happened to her?"

"She died that night fighting the werewolves I was told."

" me..." Taeyeon leaned back in her chair and stared out into space. "I really thought she was going to me you know." Taeyeon laughed at how ridiculous it sounded to her now.

"Who knows what that girl would've done?" Jessica laughed with Taeyeon "she was reckless."

Taeyeon nodded "that was a great story and all but it still doesn't explain what happened fifty years ago or what's happening now."

"You know... sometimes I really wish you were mute." Jessica stood and walked towards the door. "I'll be back I need another drink."


A/N

I have a quick note this time around. First let me say thank you for the new comment and new subs! Welcome and I hope you'll stick around until the end. Next, to the people that have been around for a while I'm sure you've noticed my updates have been coming a little later but don't worry I haven't given up writing or anything like that. I had a small transition in my life so my schedule has changed a bit so now I will update on Saturdays. Again thank you everyone for reading and for the few people leaving comments a big thanks. I like to read them so keep them coming. I also like Taeyeon and Choa (TaeA) too but who knows whats going to happen between them? Stay tuned to find out... ;-) Later

Mad_One