Chapter 26

Immortal Seoul

Taeyeon paced in front of her coffee table lightly biting her thumb as she usually did when she was nervous or thinking. She thought her date with Choa went well but she seemed to be avoiding her for the past few days and Taeyeon wasn't sure why. She had called Choa a couple times but each time they only spoke briefly before Choa said she was busy and had to go. Taeyeon sighed and looked down at her coffee table. "Did I do something wrong?" She questioned aloud "...I knew I should've worn a dress."

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and typed: 'I need you two ASAP! It's an emergency!' She pressed send and before her phone was back in her pocket Hyoyeon and Sunny entered the room.

"What's wrong?" Sunny said scanning the room. "Did something happen?"

"What the is up with these ring boxes?" Hyoyeon flopped down on the couch and pulled Sunny down with her. Sunny frowned as she studied the 5 rings boxes sitting on the coffee table in front of them.

"What is this about?" Sunny looked up from the rings to Taeyeon with a puzzled look on her face.

Taeyeon shrugged "What does it look like?"

"Holy !" Hyoyeon leaned closer to the table to get a better look at the rings. "This is serious... are you going to propose?"

Taeyeon's face filled with horror as if Jason Voorhees himself had walked into the room. "No!" She shook her head furiously "couple rings... they're couple rings."

Hyoyeon picked up one of the boxes and examined the rings inside before turning it so Taeyeon could see. "These are engagement rings Taeyeon." The rings were beautiful, both gold with one having a huge diamond in the middle but they were definitely not couple rings.

"Give me that." Taeyeon grabbed the box and threw it over her shoulder. It landed in the trash can behind her. "Okay that box is eliminated three more to go."

"Wait... wait... wait..." Sunny shook her head. She still wasn't sure what was going on. "Why do you have couple rings in the first place?" It may have seemed like an odd question but Sunny really wanted to know. She had lived with Taeyeon for a lifetime and Taeyeon had never been one for commitment. She would always find a way to change the subject but now she has couple rings. Something was wrong and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

"Why else would I have couple rings?" Taeyeon was slightly annoyed by Sunny's question. She had always been loyal to her girlfriends... she just never made it official but she didn't want to make the same mistake this time. "I'm going to ask Choa to be my girlfriend and give her a ring if she says yes."

"Wow..." Sunny leaned back and grinned at Taeyeon.

"What? Don't do that!" Taeyeon crossed her arms and frowned. Sunny nudged Hyoyeon and she chuckled.

"Good for you!" Hyoyeon clapped her hands. "I don't know why but I'm so happy for you. Next we have to work on Sunny... she needs a good lay."

Sunny shoved Hyoyeon and gave her the finger. "I'm fine thank you..." she said rolling her eyes. "How about you go and find yourself a boyfriend."

"I don't have time for a boyfriend." Hyoyeon flipped her hair "...I have all the desert I need when I want it anyway. But seriously when is the last time you got laid?"

"The last time I saw your mother." Sunny replied with a straight face.

"Ouch..." Hyoyeon clutched her chest. "My mom is dead."

"So am I so it wasn't weird at all." Sunny laughed and Hyoyeon shook her head. "You're disgusting..."

"Children please..." Taeyeon sighed. "Why can't we ever have a serious conversation?" She looked down at the rings in front of her. "I really need your help. I want to pick the perfect rings."

"I like these two." Hyoyeon pointed to a pair of rings, one silver in color the other a dark grey. "They match my wardrobe..."

"This is not about your wardrobe." Sunny rolled her eyes and pointed to a pair of rose gold rings. "I like these two... they're simple but cute with a bit of color. I think they match you two well."

"Hmm..." Taeyeon kneeled down in front of the table to take a closer look at the rings. After a moment of contemplation Taeyeon stood holding the rose gold rings. "Sorry Hyoyeon but I have to go with Sunny on this one."

"I was hoping you picked those anyway." Hyoyeon picked up the other rings. "Like I said these will go great with my wardrobe."

"So you're really serious about this?" Sunny asked standing and walking over to stand next to Taeyeon.

"Yes!" Taeyeon beamed as a huge smile covered her face.

"You do remember she's human right?" Sunny's question made Taeyeon's smile fade away into nothing. "I only ask because what are you going to do in the long run? Are you going to turn her and what if she doesn't want to be a vampire?"

"Don't listen to Debbie Downer over there." Hyoyeon said getting up and putting her arm over Taeyeon's shoulders. "Of course she will want to be a vampire and live happily ever after with our Taengoo."

"I have thought about it..." Taeyeon nodded her head slowly. "It's something we'll definitely have to discuss when the time is right." She sighed and gave a weak smile. "First I have to get her to agree to be my girlfriend, one step at a time."

"Why are you worried? She will say yes." Hyoyeon found her seat on the couch again.

"I don't know..." Taeyeon shrugged and hung her head. "When I asked her before she said she didn't think we should."

"You already asked and she said no?" Hyoyeon was shocked.

"Yes... well not really. I couldn't bring myself to just say it so I asked her if she wanted to date me and she said she didn't know."

"If you really think about it, how can you blame her for being hesitant?" Sunny started, taking her seat next to Hyoyeon "she has the distinct advantage of already knowing you're a vampire. It's a lot to take in especially for her. She's pretty, young and talented with a lot going for her. She has to be thinking ... do I want to give up my whole life to be with a vampire."

"She doesn't have to give up her life..." Taeyeon sat down on the floor and crossed her legs. "I don't want her to give up her life." She put the rose gold rings back on the table and sighed. "Maybe I should just forget about the whole thing. I'm being selfish and stupid."

"What the are you talking about... no?" Hyoyeon narrowed her eyes at Sunny and picked up the rings. "That's not for you to decide..." she placed the rings back in Taeyeon's hand. "It's even more stupid and selfish to not let Choa make her own decision about your relationship. Yes she may be hesitant but that's a good thing. It means she has a brain and doesn't make rash decisions without thinking things through."

"I'm sorry Taeng I wasn't trying to talk you out of anything." Sunny brushed her hair out of her eyes. "It's just what I would be thinking if I was in her shoes."

"Yeah... no problem..." Taeyeon shrugged again "... you have a point. I didn't tell you guys this but she uninvited me from her apartment."

"Really..!?" Hyoyeon was surprised at first but then she laughed "...you were probably being erted."

"I was not!" Taeyeon pretended to be shocked. "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

"A erted one..." Sunny chimed in laughing along with Hyoyeon.

"Oh my god... I can't with you two." Taeyeon stood and crossed her arms.

"Oh but you can and you will" Hyoyeon smiled and stood as well. "Let's go out and celebrate your newly found commitment."

"Okay I'm down..." Taeyeon agreed, it would be nice to get out and not think about the whole thing for a while. "Sunny you coming...?"

"It's been a while..." Sunny laughed and got up too. "Let's go party like we did in the old days."

*****

Choa sat on the side of her bed staring at the painting of Taeyeon now sitting on the floor in the corner of her room. She closed her eyes and sighed, everything was moving so fast and she felt like her world was starting to spin out of  control. She thought about how quickly her life had changed in a few months. Everything was going according to plan. She had graduated college with a degree in fine arts. She found a gallery that agreed to show her work and she was probably going to get married to a guy her parents liked in a couple years. She was living the dream until the girl in the painting walked into her life. Now marriage was out the window and a hotel in Paris called offering her a 10 million dollar contract to provide art for the grand opening of their new hotel in a few years. There was no way she could turn it down but there was a catch. They wanted her to move to Paris while she worked. The owners thought it would be good for her to get a feel of the city and hoped it would inspire her work. Two weeks was as long as they would wait though or they would go with another artist but she was their first choice.

She opened her eyes and the painting of Taeyeon was still staring back at her. "How does someone in Paris even know about my work?" Choa asked the painting in front of her. "I know it was you Kim Taeyeon..."

"Are you talking to yourself?" Hani walked into Choa's bedroom holding a pot in one hand and a plate in the other. "Do you have boxes for these?"

"I don't need to pack the dishes." Choa shook her head "... they're providing me with a place to stay and everything. I only need to take clothes."

"Oh..." Hani put the pot and plate on Choa's desk and sat down next to her. "Are you okay? You've been staring at that painting since I got here."

"Yeah I'm okay..."

"Oh my god... is that Taeyeon?" Hani questioned eyeing the painting. "Aww... she's cute."

"Yes... that's Taeyeon..." Choa nodded. How was she going to tell Taeyeon she was moving to Paris... in less than two weeks?

Hani looked at her friends face and knew something was wrong. "You didn't tell her you're moving to Paris did you?"

"No..." Choa sighed. "I was going to tell her the day I got the offer but she asked me out and the whole thing with Tiffany and the mural." Choa shrugged "it kinda got lost... you know."

"You could have told her on your date."

"Oh yeah, that would've been so nice. Thanks for the date but I'm moving to Paris in two weeks. Bye!"

"So are you just going to move to Paris without telling her?"

"No! I'm going to tell her."

"When... the day you're leaving?" Hani laughed "...as you're boarding the plane? Are you going to send her a text message?"

"You know sometimes I really hate you." Choa rolled her eyes. "This is not easy for me."

"I'm sorry..." Hani rubbed Choa's back. "I know you really like her but if she feels the same way what's a few years in Paris. People have long distance relationships all the time."

"I don't know... she doesn't seem like the type that would want a long distance relationship." Choa shrugged "... she's like a chick magnet, why would she wait around for me?"

"Don't do that." Hani frowned at her friend. "You're awesome and she would be stupid for not waiting for you."

"God... I don't know what to do." Choa sighed and pulled out her phone. "I'm going to call her."

"You can't tell her over the phone." Hani made a face and shook her head.

"I'm not... I'm going to invite her over so we can talk."

"Oh... can I stay? I want to meet her." Hani asked with excited eyes.

"No." Choa said flatly and dialed into her phone.

"Hello." Taeyeon's voice greeted from the other line. It was noisy in the background with loud music playing.

"Hi... Taeyeon... can you hear me?" Choa questioned because all she could hear was the music.

"Hold on let me find someplace a little quieter." She heard Taeyeon say into the phone. After a little while of waiting the sound of the music died down and Taeyeon spoke again. "Hello Choa... are you still there?"

"Yes I'm here. It sounds like you're at a party."

"Ah... yeah." Taeyeon chuckled "I'm out with Hyoyeon and Sunny just for a little fun."

"Oh... I can call back later."

"No... No I'd rather be talking to you anyway. What's up?" Taeyeon asked not wanting her to hang up.

"Um... well... I kinda need to talk to you about something... in person."

"Really..." Taeyeon didn't like the sound of that. "Yeah... okay... sure... did you want me to come over now?"

"I mean... if you're out it can wait until tomorrow."

"It's okay I'll be right over. I want to ask you something anyway. Let me tell my friends I'm leaving then I'll be there."

"Okay... see you in a bit then. Bye." Choa hung up the phone and grabbed her stomach. "I think I'm going to throw up."

"Is she coming… like right now?" Hani asked still looking like an excited kid.

"Yes and you need to go." Choa stood up and pulled Hani up with her. "Oh my god... why did I let you talk me into this."

"Everything is going to be fine." Hani said as Choa pushed her towards the door. "Call me after you tell her. I want to know what happens."

"Yeah… okay." Choa stopped pushing her friend when they reached the door and gave her a hug. "Fingers crossed." Choa held up her crossed fingers.

"Fingers crossed." Hani smiled and held up her own fingers. "Talk to you later buddy." Hani opened the door and left Choa alone to wait for Taeyeon's arrival.


A/N 

I wasn't going to add an author note for this chapter but I just had to say that the blank comment down there is driving me a little crazy. What did you have to say about chapter 25 Terenceng1996? I really want to know... lol. Anyway four more chapters until the end. I hope you all have enjoyed so far and let me know what you liked or disliked. You all have been really quiet readers which is okay. Don't get me wrong subscribers are heard loud and clear. I heart you all. Yeah so thank you everyone for reading and I hope to hear a little back from you. Until next time, later.

Mad_One