Chapter 27

Immortal Seoul

A knock on Choa's door made her jump off her couch. She took a deep breath and exhaled. "Everything is going to be okay." She mumbled to herself. In the time she spent waiting for Taeyeon she tried to think of the best way to tell her she's leaving. She wondered if it would be better to start with small talk. She could ask her about her night out or even the weather... then bam! I'm moving to Paris. Or she could just say it nonchalantly in conversation like it's not a big deal. So many possibilities had gone through her head but in the end she decided to just say it straight. She would open the door and tell her she's leaving. A second knock on the door made her jump again. 'Maybe I should invite her in first' Choa thought as she made her way to the door and looked out the peep hole.

It was indeed Taeyeon outside waiting to be let in. She was dressed simply but Choa thought she looked hot. She was wearing black skinny jeans that hugged her slim waistline with black heels to increase her height. She had on a plain loose fitting white button down shirt that was tucked into the front of her jeans with a thin black leather jacket too finish off the look. Her hair flowed over her shoulders like waves on a dark ocean and her eyes were intense with dark smoky eyeliner. 'How am I supposed to talk to her when she looks like that?' Choa grabbed the door knob. 'I hate my life...'

"Hey..." Choa greeted "...sorry I took so long."

"It's okay..." Taeyeon shrugged and looked back over her shoulder. "I could hear you breathing on the other side of the door."

"Yeah... that's not creepy." Choa joked but Taeyeon was still looking down the hall. "Is everything okay? You seem distracted."

“Everything’s fine." Taeyeon turned her attention back to Choa. "There was a girl downstairs staring at me... it was weird that's all.

"Why is that strange? I'm sure girls and boys stare at you all the time."

"You're cute." Taeyeon smiled "... but this was different... it doesn't matter. You wanted to talk?"

"Ah... yeah come in." Taeyeon followed Choa into her apartment and took a seat on her couch. They sat there for a moment in awkward silence until Taeyeon cleared .

"What did you want to talk about?" If Taeyeon could sweat she was sure her hands would be covered in it. She was nervous and didn't have a good feeling about this talk. She had spent her time on the way over preparing for another round of rejection. What else could it be?

"How was your night?" Choa asked "... did you have fun with your friends?"

"Yeah we always have fun when we're together." Taeyeon smiled thinking about the friends she couldn't imagine life without "... we haven't gone out like that in a long time... it was nice."

"That's cool." Choa nodded "... but it sounds like I interrupted a good time. I'm sorry... you should've stayed out with your friends."

"We have an eternity to go out and party but right now I would rather be spending my time with you."

Taeyeon was so confident in her words and the intensity in her eyes made Choa's heart skip a beat. 'Why is she making this so ing hard for me?' Choa swallowed and asked her next question.

"So... how's the weather?"

"The weather...?" Taeyeon repeated with a frown. "Um... it's nice... I guess."

"Oh... that's nice." Choa nodded again.

"What's up with the small talk?" Taeyeon questioned, she had caught on to Choa's little game.

"It's not small talk!" Choa opened her eyes wide as if offended by Taeyeon's words. "I've been busy and haven't had time to talk to you so... you know... I'm like talking to you now."

"Is that so...?" Taeyeon wasn't convinced by Choa's act.

"Yes that's so... and didn't you have something you wanted to ask me?" Choa crossed her arms and gave Taeyeon a questioning look.

"Wait... what?" Now Taeyeon was confused. How did this get turned around to her?

"You said you wanted to ask me something on the phone." Choa pointed out their earlier conversation.

"But the whole reason I..."

"What did you want to ask?" Choa cut her off. She wasn't ready to tell Taeyeon she was leaving. She needed to buy more time. She would answer the question and then tell her... for sure.

"Okay..." Taeyeon put her right hand into the pocket of her jacket and lightly squeezed the ring box that was there. "I... um... I know we haven't known each other for long..." she paused and brushed her hair back over her shoulder. "I don't usually do this kind of thing..." she laughed nervously "... but I really like you." She pulled the box out of her pocket.

"What are you doing...?" The words fell from Choa's lips calm and clear but Taeyeon could hear the sharp spike in the girl's heartbeat.

"I don't know..." Taeyeon smiled and opened the box. "Choa... will you be my girlfriend?"

The sheer force of Choa's body knocked Taeyeon back onto the couch. Her brain stopped functioning as Choa's lips pressed against her's. The kiss was long, slow and filled with passion. If Taeyeon needed air she would say she was being smothered in kisses.

"So... is that... a yes?" Taeyeon managed to ask between kisses.

"Uhm..." Choa hummed against her lips. She had forgotten how much she missed Taeyeon's soft lips and the way she always smelled of vanilla. She knew there was something she was supposed to tell her but it didn't matter anymore.

*****

Choa woke to the sweet smell of vanilla that now covered her body. She opened her eyes and was greeted by the side of Taeyeon's gorgeous face. She realized she was lying partially on top of the sleeping girl. She studied Taeyeon's face for a while and then ran her finger along her perfect jawline. She stole a few kisses along perfection and then down to her neck but Taeyeon didn't seem to notice. She was lying completely still... she wasn't even breathing.

To see Taeyeon asleep for the first time was a little unnerving. Her body was slightly cold to the touch and the fact that she wasn't breathing didn't help matters. The more she thought about it the more she realized she was lying next to a dead body. She placed her head on Taeyeon's chest and closed her eyes. At first she didn't hear anything but after a while she could hear the slow soft beating of Taeyeon's heart. She exhaled and placed a small kiss on Taeyeon's lips. "You're alive." She whispered before snuggling up to Taeyeon again.

She drifted in and out of sleep for a while until she was too hungry to stay still. She groaned and started to get up when Taeyeon grabbed her.

"Where are you going?" Taeyeon asked opening her eyes.

"... Taeyeon!" Choa jumped and shoved the vampire "...you have to stop scaring me like that."

"I'm sorry..." Taeyeon pulled her back down and wrapped her arms around Choa's waist. "Don't leave..." she said closing her eyes again.

"But I'm hungry... I need food." Choa placed another kiss on Taeyeon's lips. "I thought you were sleeping anyway."

"No..." Taeyeon opened her eyes again and smiled. She took Choa's hand and placed it over her heart. "I'm alive."

"Oh my god..." Choa blushed with embarrassment "... you were awake the whole time?"

"Yes... I don't need to sleep very long." Taeyeon pulled Choa closer and closed her eyes again. "Can we stay like this forever? You're so warm."

"Sure..." Choa nodded "... if you don't mind me starving to death."

Taeyeon sighed and opened her eyes. "You know I can fix that?"

Choa blinked a few times and then raised an eyebrow but she didn't respond.

"Alright..." Taeyeon sat up "... I'll cook you something."

"No... you don't have to cook for me. I can do it myself." Choa got up as well.

"Don't worry... I got it." Taeyeon walked towards the door but Choa ran in front of her to block it.

"Wait!" Choa screamed. "It's the middle of the morning and I know it's bright as hell in my kitchen. We didn't cover the windows out there and I don't want you to die so at least let me close all the blinds and cover the windows."

"Oh... yeah okay…" Taeyeon took a step away from the door. "I forgot I'm not at home."

"I'll come get you when I'm done... okay?"

"Yeah... okay." Taeyeon sat down on the side of the bed and spotted the painting of herself leaning against the wall next time Choa's desk. She smiled as the memory of that night flooded her brain but the smile soon faded when she thought of how the night ended.

She wondered why the painting was sitting on the floor as she scanned the room more thoroughly. She noticed how clean everything was... it almost looked as if Choa had just moved in. Then she spotted a few suitcases sitting next to Choa's partially open closet. Two of them were closed but the third was open and half full.

'Is she going somewhere?' Taeyeon thought '... she wanted to talk to me about something. Is that it... is she leaving?' She shrugged and picked up her phone as it started to ring.

"Hello..." Taeyeon answered the call. It was Hyoyeon.

"How did it go?" Hyoyeon asked from the other line.

"Well... she said yes." Taeyeon smiled down at the couple ring that was now on her right ring finger.

"See... I knew she would and you were worried. Are you still with her now?"

"Yes but... hold on." Now Choa's phone was ringing and a picture of a girl was on the display. "I recognize her..."

"Who... who do you recognize?"

"Last night when I came over there was this girl in the lobby with a hat and sunglasses on staring at me. I thought it was weird because it was already dark outside but now she's calling Choa's phone."

"Yeah... that is weird but what did Choa want to talk about?"

"I don't know..." Taeyeon watched the display on Choa's phone go out.

"You've been over there all night and half the morning and you still haven't talked?"

"We've been... busy... okay."

"Yeah... I bet."

Choa's phone flashed to life again the same girl's picture popped up.

"She's calling again..." Taeyeon said as she watched the light flash different colors on the phone.

"You should answer it." Hyoyeon joked.

"I'm not going to answer it. She's probably just a friend or something."

"Or a lover... maybe that's what she wanted to talk about?"

"You sound like Sunny and speaking of Sunny… I'm not jumping to a conclusion over a phone again. That didn't work out too well for me last time."

"Good point..." Hyoyeon agreed.

"She's coming back. I'll call you later." She hung up her phone as the door opened and Choa walked in.

"The kitchen is now safe!"

"Your phone was ringing..." Taeyeon said as if it wasn't a big deal but she really wanted to know who the girl was.

"Oh!" Choa ran over and picked up her phone. She smiled when she saw who called and typed a brief message: 'I heard you were being a stalker. Stop creeping on my girlfriend.' She pressed send and threw the phone on the bed. "Are you still going to cook for me?"

"Yeah..." Taeyeon stood but Choa's phone started to flash again. "Your phone is ringing again."

"I know..." Choa laughed "...she can wait."

"Who is she... if you don't mind me asking?" Taeyeon's eyes were still glued to the phone. Why was she feeling jealous right now?

Choa noticed the tease look on Taeyeon's face and the way she was balling her hands into fists. "No I don't mind... she's my best friend, Hani. We lived next to each other growing up and we've been friends for as long as I can remember."

"Your best friend...?" Taeyeon relaxed her hands. "I saw her... downstairs."

"Yeah I figured..." Choa shook her head. "She's like dying to meet you."

"To meet me…?" Taeyeon frowned and pointed to herself. "Why?"

"I'll tell you later... I want food." Choa pouted.

"Alright... alright I'm going." Taeyeon smiled as she passed the pouting girl. In the kitchen she opened the refrigerator to see what ingredients she had to work with. "Didn't you have something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Hm...?!" Choa pretended not to hear.

"You know... you called me because you wanted to talk to me in person."

"Oh yeah... about that... it's so funny because I almost forgot." Choa let out a nervous laugh. "You see I'm moving to Paris for three years in like a week! That's crazy right?!"

"Yeah that is crazy." Taeyeon laughed too but then the reality of what Choa said finally hit her. "Wait... you're moving to Paris?"

"For three years..." Choa added. Taeyeon stopped moving and stared at Choa for a long time. She wondered how long Taeyeon was going to stay like that because it was starting to freak her out but then she finally blinked.

"Why are you moving to Paris?"

"You see... you're not going to believe this but I got an amazing job offer like 10 million dollars amazing and I really couldn't turn it down."

"That's great news..." Taeyeon started to prepare the food again.

"Great news... how is that great news? I'm going to be in Paris for three years... three long years away from you."

"I could go with you... I mean if that's something you would want?"

"Oh my god…! Would you really move to Paris with me? No... that's crazy… I couldn't ask you to do that."

"You don't have to ask. I want to go… if you'll have me."

"If I'll have you...?" Choa spoke the words as she approached Taeyeon and planted a kiss on her lips. "I love you." She couldn't believe those three words came out of . What was she thinking... she obviously wasn't thinking but the four words that followed was music to her ears.

"I love you too." Taeyeon had never told anyone she loved them in her two hundred years of her immortal life. It made her feel vulnerable and more alive than she ever felt. At that moment she realized the girl in her arms had the power to make her the happiest vampire alive or make her life an eternity of misery.

"I'm not hungry anymore." Choa grabbed Taeyeon's hand. "We should go back to bed."

"... but I thought you were starving?"

"Oh but I am starving just not for food anymore." Choa winked and stole another kiss. "I think I'll live."

"Are you sure? It won't take me long to finish."

"Let me show you how sure I am." Choa said pulling Taeyeon towards her bedroom.

Taeyeon smiled as she followed Choa lead. 'I can definitely get used to this' she thought as she entered Choa's room and closed the door behind them.


A/N

Wow @ justincredible. Thank you for such an amazing comment. It really motivated me to work harder and try to give you all a better story. Thank you again to everyone that has left a comment or subscribed. It keeps me going. Thank you!!!

Mad_One