Chapter 9

Immortal Seoul

Taeyeon woke to the sound of beautiful singing as it echoed through her home. She had given Choa a key so she could work on the mural of the Seoul night skyline. Taeyeon walked slowly towards the sound until she was in the corridor where Choa worked. From her shadowy spot she watched silently as Choa drew the outline of the cityscape on the wall. The girl would alternate between singing and humming, stopping every once in a while to step back and look at her work. Taeyeon watched her for nearly an hour before she decided to approach.

"You have a lovely voice." Taeyeon said softly into the girl's ear from behind. Choa jumped at the sound of Taeyeon's voice and nearly knocked over her painting supplies.

She laughed nervously as she stabilized herself on the small table next to her. "I didn't know you were here."

"I'm just waking up." Taeyeon studied Choa's face. "I could get used to waking up to something so lovely."

Choa didn't know what to say. Was she referring to her voice or herself. Was she flirting with her? Her heart skipped a beat at the thought and she watched as a small smirk played on Taeyeon's lips. She didn't know why but she was beyond attracted to this girl. She knew it the first time she saw her standing outside the window of her art exhibit. And now every time they were in the same room her heart would race at 100mph and the butterflies were alive and well in her stomach.

"I'm surprised you're just waking up." Choa finally stated checking the time on her phone. "It's nearly 9pm."

"I have an unusual sleep schedule."

"Oh... I hope I didn't wake you." Choa uttered turning back to the wall to continue working. "Have you found a job yet? You seem pretty well off."

"Not quite..." Taeyeon pulled a chair over so she could sit closer to the painting girl. "But there is a position I'm interested in. I'm thinking about art dealing again."

"Really?!" Choa stopped working and turned around. "You have an artist in mind because it's really hard to find anyone worth their weight around here."

"Yes, I have you in mind." Taeyeon smiled at the pretty girl. "I honestly love your work and I would like to help you sell it."

She was hoping Taeyeon would say her. She loved her dad and all but he didn't know the first clue about art dealing. "You would really work for me?" Choa questioned slowly.

Taeyeon laughed shaking her head. "No, but I would work with you."

Choa narrowed her eyes, a small crease forming in her forehead. "I probably can't afford you." Her eyes wondered around the huge open corridor.

"You probably can't." Taeyeon smiled "but I'll work on commission, I was thinking I should get 10% of what I sell. If I don't sell anything I won't get paid."

Choa nodded her head thoughtfully. The deal was almost too good to be true. She couldn't see a downside to what Taeyeon had said. "Okay I'm in but can we have like an official business dinner on something?" She let out a little laugh. "I always wanted to have one of those... you know, we could dress up all fancy and have an official contract signing."

"Sure" Taeyeon laughed along with her. "I like getting all fancy some times."

"I'm so excited!" Choa exclaimed pulling Taeyeon into a long hug. Her heart nearly jumping out of her chest as she felt Taeyeon's hands move around her waist.

"Well, well..." Taeyeon heard the familiar voice of Sunny. She turned around and watched as Sunny and Hyoyeon enter the room both wearing smiles.

"We stopped by to see if you wanted to go pick up dinner with us." Hyoyeon said as she eyed Choa and Taeyeon.

"It seems like you already have dinner plans." Sunny walked over and placed her arm over Taeyeon's shoulders. "Something smells delicious in here." She smiled as she looked at Choa.

"No, I don't have dinner plans." Taeyeon said removing Sunny's arm. "This is my new friend and co-worker, Choa."

"Co-worker?" Hyoyeon repeated frowning.

"Yes she's an artist and I'll be working with her as an art dealer."

"Oh... I see." Hyoyeon nodded. "Choa, I'm Hyoyeon." She extended a hand. "I'm an old friend of Taeyeon's... we've been friends for like fifty years." She laughed and Taeyeon shot her a look.

"And I'm Sunny." She extended her hand next. "Taengoo and I have been friends for nearly one hundred years." Choa took her hand as she eyed the three of them suspiciously.

Taeyeon shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Don't listen to them. They're crazy..." she grabbed both of them by the arm and pulled them towards the door. "We'll be right back."

"You guys are hilarious. Were you trying to scare her away?" Taeyeon questioned seriously in the next room.

"No we just figured you already told her you were a vampire since that's your thing." Hyoyeon shrugged and Sunny laughed.

"That's not my thing!" Taeyeon said defensively her eyes wide with surprise.

"It's totally your thing." Hyoyeon laughed as well. "Stop acting like you're surprised."

Taeyeon just stood there with open as she tried to think of a counter but she couldn't. She knew deep down it really was her thing even if she couldn't admit it.

"Whatever..." she sighed. Well I haven't told her so stop being weird. She's my guest and she'll be here for a while working so try not to make her feel uncomfortable."

"I think you're doing a good job of that all by yourself." Sunny joked. "The girl's heart is beating like crazy and we could smell her blood as soon as we opened the door. She is definitely hot for you."

"I know..." Taeyeon uttered absently as she her lips. "I think I will have dinner with you guys tonight."

"Awesome" Hyoyeon spoke up. "Let's go, I'm starving and she's not making it better." She nodded her head toward the room Choa was in.

When Taeyeon returned to the room with Choa she saw the girl was on the phone. Her voice was normal but there was clear annoyance on her face.

"Yes I know it's late but I'm working." Taeyeon heard Choa say into the phone. "I know you have a job but you can't expect me to just..." Choa rolled her eyes and sighed. "Okay... okay, fine." She ended the call and put her phone back in her pocket.

"Everything okay?" Taeyeon asked as she walked over to Choa.

"Yeah it's nothing" Choa said as she started to put her things away. "I have to go but I'll be back tomorrow." She gave a small smile that landed somewhere between happy and sad.

"You sure you're okay? You need me to punch someone for you?" Taeyeon joked trying to cheer the girl up.

"That's cute" Choa chuckled "but I think I'd fair better in a fight."

"Really?!" Taeyeon uttered slightly offended. "Don't underestimate me."

"Alright, my knight in shining armor." Choa placed a small kiss on Taeyeon's cheek and grabbed her bag. "See you tomorrow?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Taeyeon smiled as she watched the girl leave.

"Aww... you two are so cute." Sunny said as she entered the room.

"I thought my ability to throw up was about to return." Hyoyeon pretended to gag.

Taeyeon smiled at her two dearest friends. "Let's go eat."

"What did you find out about that club?" Sunny questioned as they took seats in a small cafe in town. They had finished eating but no one was in a rush to go home. So they decided to sit down and talk.

"Not much to be honest but there's definitely someone immortal behind it." Taeyeon paused for a second as one of the waitress stopped to ask if they wanted anything. She continued when the girl left. "One of the bartenders practically described Jessica to the T when I asked her about Jennifer Kwon."

"Really?" Sunny's interest was piqued. "What did she say?"

"She's gorgeous with long honey blonde hair and a nice rack." Taeyeon said calmly not picking up on the look Sunny was throwing her.

"That's all she said?" Sunny shook her head. "Really... and now you're convinced it's Jessica."

"I'm not convinced... but Jessica does have all those qualities."

"What if she dyed her hair, and how many blonde gorgeous girls with nice racks are out there?"

"Only two are popping into my mind right now." Taeyeon bit her lip and grinned. "But one of them has short blonde hair."

Sunny rolled her eyes and scoffed as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms. "Unbelievable"

"I'm blonde and gorgeous." Hyoyeon causally stated while looking at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shot her a disgusted look and changed the subject.

"I met Heechul there and this really old creepy vampire."

"Heechul? It's been so long since I saw him. How was he?" Sunny asked leaning forward again.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this lovely conversation." Hyoyeon broke in "but that woman over there keeps staring at you." She nodded to Taeyeon.

"I seem to have that effect on most women." Taeyeon laughed but didn't look.

"I'm being serious. She's creeping me the hell out."

Taeyeon looked in the direction of the woman who was staring back at her. She was pretty with big brown eyes and high cheekbones. Taeyeon wasn't sure why but the woman seemed familiar. The feeling reminded her of the visions she was having when someone was watching her. The woman smiled at her as their eyes met but Taeyeon couldn't hold her gaze for long.

This feeling was unfamiliar to her, this urge to look away. Is she... could she be... Taeyeon thought as she looked at the woman again but she was leaving. As the woman walked towards the door the waitress ran after her.

"Ms. Kwon, Ms. Kwon!" The girl called and the woman turned around. They exchanged words and then the woman left.

"Ms. Kwon?" Sunny repeated as she stared at a dazed Taeyeon.

"Like in Jennifer Kwon?" Hyoyeon questioned looking worriedly between Sunny and Taeyeon.

"I... I couldn't... hold her gaze." Taeyeon stuttered.

"What?" Sunny frowned.

"I couldn't keep eye contact with her." Taeyeon looked into Sunny's eyes and she looked away after a brief moment.

"Oooh..." Sunny nodded her head.

"So she's like your maker?" Hyoyeon asked and Taeyeon looked at her blankly.

"I think she is..."