Chapter 25

Immortal Seoul

"What do you think of this dress?" Choa asked standing in front of the full length mirror that hung from her closet door.

"Oh no..." Choa's old friend Hani frowned and shook her head. "That dress is way too trashy." She popped a chip in and crossed her legs. "Unless you want to look trashy?"

"No I don't want to look trashy." Choa sighed and hung the dress back in the closet. "What about this one?" Choa pulled out a long brightly colored dress covered in flowers.

"Are you going to meet her mother or something?" Hani gave a slightly disgusted look.

"You're really no help." Choa sighed again and threw the dress into the closet.

"Look I'm trying to help but you're being all secretive about this girl that completely changed your uality." Hani said as a matter of fact while munching on another chip.

"She did not change my uality and I'm not being secretive."

"Oh really? So why haven't I met her yet huh?" Hani closed the bag of chips and crossed her arms "and I don't recall you sleeping with girls before now."

Choa took a seat at her desk and stared back at her friend. "Just because I never slept with a girl before doesn't mean I never found them attractive."

"All the times I've changed clothes in front of you..." Hani sighed and shook her head dramatically. "You were checking me out... I feel so violated."

"Hani... please get over yourself." Choa rolled her eyes. "I've never looked at you that way and I mean never."

"But seriously why haven't I met her? I met all your boyfriends before anything got too serious. Definitely before you had with them."

"All my boyfriends..?" Choa gave a puzzled look. "There's only been a couple and one wanted to marry me."

"Yeah before you went and had with this mystery girl.

"Will you stop saying I had with her please!" Choa shook her head and covered her ears "...I knew I shouldn't have told you."

"But I'm your best friend so you have to tell me these things." Hani shrugged "...it's just hard to believe you slept with this girl before I met her. I don't even know what she looks like."

Choa glanced at the painting of Taeyeon that hung on the wall directly behind Hani and smiled. "It's not like I planned it. It just happened and now my life is ruined."

Hani laughed "...it was that good huh?"

"Good...? Good is an understatement. Good shouldn't even be in the dictionary when it comes down to it. I really have no words. It was truly amazing..." Choa paused letting herself get lost in the thoughts of that night. "The way she touched me... the way she..." Choa closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I can't... I can't talk about it."

"Damn... it was just about to get good." Hani joked.

"Shut up!" Choa blushed covering her face with her hands.

"Wow... look at you blushing like a school girl. It's been a long time since I saw you like this." Hani smiled at her tomato colored friend.

"I know..." Choa sighed and fanned herself with her hands. "You know what really about the whole thing?"

"What's that?" Hani questioned.

"Two months..." Choa pouted and nodded her head.

"Two months...?" Hani repeated not sure what Choa was talking about.

"Have you ever had something so amazing that it changed your life but then you couldn't have that thing for two long horrible months?"

"Um... no I don't think I have." Hani shrugged.

"But wait it gets better..." Choa straightened herself and cleared . "When I finally worked up the nerve to go fix the mess I created... some other girl was already there in my place. So I had to sit and watch this girl kiss and touch Taeyeon every day for a week. I wanted to scream."

"Wait... what? There's another girl? You didn't tell me about another girl."

"There was another girl... Tiffany." Choa made a face. "It was so hard watching the two of them together. She was in my spot... I was supposed to be sitting next to Taeyeon not her."

"Hm..." Hani nodded. "Well obviously she wants you and not that Tiffany chick. Tiffany ain't got nothing on you boo."

"Thanks..." Choa laughed "... I don't know. She's really pretty and she has a great smile and body... she was a little scary tho... intimidating that's the word I'm looking for. I guess I can see why Taeyeon was with her." Choa turned to her mirror and let out a heavy sigh. "Is my makeup okay?"

"You look gorgeous... I mean you spent like two hours messing with your face and you're an artist. You look like a ing painting."

"Really...?" Choa pouted "it's too much isn't it? I should go with less right? Less is more."

"No..." Hani walked over and sat on the side of Choa's desk. "You look perfect but we need to find you a dress. What's her favorite color?"

"I don't know." Choa shrugged "...blue I guess. She has a lot of blue in her house."

"Blue..." Hani stood and started pacing the floor repeating the word blue over and over again. "Aha! I got it!" Hani snapped her fingers together.

"What! What do you have?" Choa followed Hani to her closet excitedly.

"You remember that y form fitting blue dress you bought a few weeks back." Hani searched through Choa's closet for the dress.

"Yeah I remember you saying it was too short and it looked like my s were about to pop out."

"Yep... that's the one I'm talking about and here it is." Hani pulled out the dress and handed it to Choa.

"You don't think this one looks too trashy?"

"No... of course not. Just put it on already. You don't have much time left and we haven't even started on shoes."

Choa changed into the dress and Hani was right. The dress was definitely y but not overly so. Next up was finding the perfect pair of high heels.

"Am I ever going to meet this Taeyeon?" Hani asked as she watched Choa put the finishing touches on her hair.

"Honestly... I don't know." Choa sighed and faced Hani. "I want you to meet her but right now I really don't know what I'm doing. When I think about the future and what it would mean for us... for me... I guess I don't know what she wants from me. How serious is she about us... how serious should I be if I'm thinking about my future... our future? Am I really ready for what dating her means in the long run?" Choa stopped and stared out into space.

"I know it will be hard..." Hani walked over and patted Choa's back trying to comfort her friend. "When I think about how closed minded so many people are. It won't be easy here in Korea to have an open relationship... and your parents... how are you going to tell your parents? Are you going to tell your parents?!" Hani shook her head "...mine would probably die."

Choa blinked up at her friend with confusion covering her face. "What are you talking about?"

"You know the whole thinking about your future living as a gay lady." Hani looked at Choa like she was crazy. "I mean that's some serious stuff right there."

Choa laughed because she wasn't worried about being in a same relationship but she thought she should roll with it anyway. It definitely wasn't time to tell Hani Taeyeon is a vampire. "...oh yeah that's exactly what I was talking about. My future as a ...gay lady? Did you really just call me a gay lady?"

"Yes..." Hani smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh my god! It's 8:29! I have to go!" Choa jumped up and checked herself out in the mirror one last time.

"Okay bye... have fun." Hani waved as she watched her friend run out the door. "Don't worry I'll lock up when I leave." She said to herself and went to find her bag of chips.

*****

"How do I look?" Taeyeon pulled at the navy blue tie around her neck.

"Like the cutest little boy in the world." Hyoyeon patted Taeyeon's head.

"This is stupid..." Taeyeon pulled at the tie again. "I should've just worn a dress... I'm going to change."

"Don't listen to Hyoyeon." Sunny moved in front of Taeyeon and fixed her tie. "You look great."

"Really...?" Taeyeon frowned and started to pull at the tie again but Sunny moved her hand away.

"Stop pulling your tie!" Sunny reprimanded straightening the tie once more.

"Yes mother..." Taeyeon sighed and put her hands in her pockets.

"You really do look great." Hyoyeon agreed "... I think you planned a really nice date."

"God I hope so..." Taeyeon started to pace in front of her two friends. "What if she thinks it's too simple? I should've rented an island or something fancy like that."

"Now that would be stupid..." Hyoyeon laughed "...what would you two do on an island in the middle of the night?" Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Ugh... forget I asked." Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

"I don't think it's simple at all." Sunny interjected "...you clearly put a lot of thought into this and I think she will like this better than some fancy island." Sunny smiled and touched Taeyeon's cheek. "You can always take her to an island on your next date."

"You're right." Taeyeon smiled and gave Sunny a big hug. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too" Sunny returned the hug until it started to get awkward. Taeyeon wouldn't let her go. "Alright Kim Taeyeon that's enough. I didn't miss you that much." Sunny joked and pushed Taeyeon away.

"I'm so nervous you guys." Taeyeon started to pace again. "I've never been this nervous before in my life."

"Don't worry so much." Hyoyeon put her arm around Taeyeon's shoulders. "Choa clearly likes you so just be yourself and everything will be great."

"Okay..." Taeyeon took a deep unnecessary breath. "It's 8:30... the limo should be picking her up now."

"Well we should get going." Sunny gave Taeyeon a pat on her shoulder.

"Relax and have fun." Hyoyeon gave her a thumbs-up and then her two friends vanished into the night.

Taeyeon had a little time to go over the date in her head before she saw the limo pull up and Choa get out. Taeyeon thought she looked beautiful.

Choa on the other hand was a little shocked. Taeyeon was wearing a sleek looking black three piece suit with a white shirt and navy blue tie. Her long black hair that usually flowed over her shoulders was pulled back into a slightly messy bun and she had the cutest grin on her face.

"Oppa!" Choa exclaimed as she got closer.

"My lady..." Taeyeon gave an exaggerated bow and a silly laugh.

"Taeyeon, you look so... handsome." Choa blushed as she took a second look at the girl in front of her.

"You really think so?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrows and pouted a little. "Honestly I think I look like a little kid playing dress up." Taeyeon touched her tie again wanting to pull it but she remembered what Sunny said.

Choa walked closer to Taeyeon and grabbed her tie. "You look uncomfortable..." Choa loosened the tie and ed the top button on her shirt. "Now that's better..."

"Thank you..." Taeyeon smiled the small gesture was enough to make her like Choa even more if that was even possible.

"I know this place..." Choa looked up at the building in front of them.

"Really…?" Taeyeon pretended she didn't know what Choa was talking about.

"Yeah..." Choa smiled "... I used to come to this museum all the time when I was younger with my parents. This place inspired me to become an artist."

"Wow... that's amazing." Taeyeon feigned ignorance again. "What a coincidence! I guess I picked the best date location ever!"

"Yeah I guess you did..." Choa laughed at Taeyeon's obvious bad acting.

"Shall we...?" Taeyeon reached for Choa's hand and their fingers laced together naturally like they had been doing this for years. She smiled at the sound of Choa's increased heartbeat and thought the date had started out on a good note.

It wasn't long before they were in the museum sharing laughs and stories about their favorite paintings. Choa was impressed by Taeyeon's knowledge on the history of the paintings but Taeyeon was even more impressed by Choa's knowledge of the technics the artist used.

After spending most of the night walking hand in hand discussing art they came to a door at the end of the room.

"There's one more painting to see." Taeyeon opened the door and they entered the room. "This painting means a lot to me. It reminds me of a time before I became a vampire and it will always be a reminder of the first day you came into my life."

In the middle of the room sitting on an easel was the painting she had sold to Taeyeon of the girl in a dark room looking out into a bright garden. It was the first painting she had sold and now it was sitting in her childhood museum. She stared at the painting for a long time until tears started to fall from her eyes.

"Don't cry...!" Taeyeon started to panic a little. "I didn't give it away it's only here temporarily. I just wanted to share your work with other people because I love it so..."

Taeyeon's words were cut off as Choa threw her arms around her neck. "I'm not upset... thank you Taeyeon. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me..."

"You're welcome..." Taeyeon closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Choa's waist. She had never felt so comfortable and warm in another person's arms before. The smell of her, the fast beating of her heart, the feel of her body pressed up against hers was too much to handle. She had to break the hug as her fangs emerged against her will.

"Is something wrong...?" Choa was surprised to see a red tint covered Taeyeon's eyes as she removed herself from the hug.

"Forgive me..." Taeyeon looked away and took a few steps back. Choa caught a glimpse of Taeyeon's fangs as she apologized.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Choa had never witnessed this side of Taeyeon before and the red eyes and fangs were more than a little worrying.

"I'm okay..." Taeyeon faced Choa again and her eyes were back to normal. "I... um... I don't know what happened... I... I'm sorry." Taeyeon really didn't know what was happening to her. She had taken the time to eat before the date so she wasn't hungry. Was it because she was aroused? Did she just have some kind of vampire ? She was going to have to call Sunny and Hyoyeon after the date to see if they knew anything about this.

"Are you sure?" Choa asked worriedly. "Your eyes were..."

"Red..." Taeyeon finished Choa's sentence and placed her hands in her pockets. "Yes I'm okay and I'm sorry... it won't happen again."

Choa narrowed her eyes and took a step closer to Taeyeon. "Do you want to bite me?"

"Yes... I mean No!" Taeyeon took a step back shaking her head.

"Which one is it?" Choa took another step forward.

"Yes..." Taeyeon stepped forward this time and their faces were inches apart. "I want to bite you but not to drink your blood."

"Hmm..." Choa smiled and took a step back. "I see."

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip as she watched Choa turn around and walk back to her painting.

"I prepared something else for you." Taeyeon said as she walked over to stand next to Choa.

"There's more?" Choa questioned raising her brows. "How can there be more?"

"One more thing." Taeyeon grabbed Choa's hand and escorted her into a room upstairs. When the door opened the smell of Choa's favorite home cooked meal hit her. Taeyeon led her to a well decorated table in the middle of the room and there it was... her favorite meal.

"Oh my god! How did you know... this is my favorite?" Choa was on the verge of tears again. She sat down and took a bite. "Oh my god... and this tastes just like my mom's cooking. Is this heaven?"

"It is your mom's cooking." Taeyeon laughed at the shocked expression on Choa's face. "I knew you wanted me to meet your mom so I paid her a visit. I even brought gifts... she was really sweet and she talked about you a lot."

"I can't believe you went to see my mom without me."

"It was your dad's idea. I went to him first to find out a little more about you and said I should ask your mother."

"I can't believe him either..." Choa said before finishing off her food.

*****

"I had a great time tonight." Choa unlocked her apartment door. "I think you've earned yourself a second date."

"I had a great time too." Taeyeon smiled back at the girl.

"It was the best date I've ever had." Taeyeon found herself in the arms of Choa again.

'Why does she keep doing this to me?' Taeyeon thought as her mind started to cloud over. The electricity shooting through her body was overwhelming. She closed her eyes getting lost in the feeling until Choa tried to pull away but this time Taeyeon didn't let go.

"Goodnight Taeyeon." Choa tried to remove Taeyeon's arms from around her waist.

"How about a goodnight kiss?" Taeyeon her lips seductively.

"I don't kiss on the first date." Choa joked "what kind of girl do you think I am?"

"I promise I won't tell..." Taeyeon leaned in for a kiss but her lips were met by Choa's cheek. Taeyeon not being discouraged took the time to kiss her way down to Choa's now exposed neck.

"Taeyeon..." The name left Choa's lips as a soft moan.

"Just one kiss..." Taeyeon whispered against the girl's ear sending a chill down her spine.
She was about to give in but when she saw the red tint in Taeyeon's eyes she knew she had to stop or she wouldn't be sleeping alone tonight.

"I can't and you're uninvited." Choa uttered as she stepped backwards into her apartment leaving Taeyeon standing in the hallway motionless.

"Wow... that really works?" Choa laughed.

"Unfortunately..." Taeyeon sighed and placed her hands in her pockets.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon but I need a little time to think things over okay. I won't be able to think straight if I let you in and we... you know."

"No... I understand." Taeyeon smiled. "Goodnight my lady." Taeyeon gave another exaggerated bow "... thank you for the lovely evening."

"The pleasure was all mines." Choa blow a kiss and Taeyeon pretended to catch it. "See you later." Choa said before finally closing the door.

"Oh my god..." Taeyeon heard Choa's voice as she leaned her forehead against the door. She could tell Choa was still standing on the other side with her back against the door. Taeyeon stood there listening as the girl's heart returned to its normal pace. "God... I need a cold shower." She heard Choa say as she moved away from the door.

"That's not a bad idea." Taeyeon said to herself and left to go have her own cold shower.