Chapter 24

Immortal Seoul

Taeyeon paced in front of her door waiting for Choa to show up. It was almost 10pm which was odd because Choa was usually there shortly after the sun went down. 'I should call her' Taeyeon pulled out her phone and started to dial but then her doorbell rang.

"Sorry... I know I'm late but I got a call about a job and we talked longer than I expected." Choa explained as she entered the house. "At first I thought someone was playing a joke on me but... Oh my god..." Choa stop when her eyes landed on her ruined mural. "What happened?"

"Tiffany and I had a fight... I guess." Taeyeon shrugged "it was more like Tiffany yelled at me and then I left. When I got back this gift was waiting for me."

"Oh my god..." Choa uttered again as she walked closer to the ruined mural. "I was almost done..." she sighed "I was going to finish tonight."

"I'm sorry..." Taeyeon walked over to stand next to Choa. "I can't ask you to start over. I'll just paint over it."

The room fell silent for a moment  as they both stared up at the wall. "It's not your fault." Choa placed her bag down on the floor with a deep sigh. "I'm going to finish it... I hope you're ready to see a lot more of me in the next couple of weeks." Choa laughed.

"I never mind seeing more of you." Taeyeon her lips and eyed Choa from head to toe.

"Okay so what happened with you and Tiffany again?" Choa asked trying to block out how y Taeyeon looked her lips.

"We... um... she didn't like the way we looked at each other." Taeyeon said making eye contact with Choa.

"Oh..." Choa broke the contact and turned to face the wall. "So am I the "Stupid ?"

"No..." Taeyeon shook her head. "I'm pretty sure I'm the "Stupid " she's referring to."

"Well at least it's clever..." Choa chuckled "she could be talking about either of us."

"True..." Taeyeon laughed.

"She did all this because of the way we looked at each other... kind of dramatic don't you think?"

"Hm..." Taeyeon nodded "well she did accuse me of sleeping with you."

"Oh... I'm sorry!" Choa was genuinely shocked. "I didn't... I wasn't... I never wanted that to happen."

"Never huh?" Taeyeon was a little hurt by Choa's statement. "It was bound to happen sooner or later." Taeyeon shrugged "we really didn't have much in common."

"I see..." Choa moved to put a little distance between her and Taeyeon. "You seem to be taking it pretty well." She wasn't sure but Taeyeon seemed to have a glow about her.

"Yeah..." Taeyeon agreed "it's nice being free to persue the things I really want." Taeyeon her lips again.

"Hmm..." Choa raised an eyebrow and frowned. 'Why is this happening now?' Choa grabbed her bag from the floor. "I need paint thinner for this wall if I plan to work. I'll be back later." She really just needed an excuse to leave and gather her thoughts.

"Wait!" Taeyeon held up a finger and disappeared. She returned shortly with a few bottles in her hands. "I already bought some and I got more paint."

"Thanks..." Choa half smiled putting her bag back down. "I guess you already thought of everything."

"I didn't want you to go through any extra trouble. I feel bad about what Tiffany did... I wish she would've taking her frustration out on me instead."

Choa nodded... there was no escape for her now. She wasn't ready for this newly single Taeyeon eyeing her like she was a piece of filet mignon. She had spent the last week convincing herself they could only be friends as she watched Taeyeon and Tiffany sit together on the couch. But now here they were alone together and both single. She didn't know why but the thought scared her.

"Choa... is everything alright?" Taeyeon questioned stepping a little closer. She was having trouble reading the expression on Choa's face.

"Um... yeah... I'm sorry." Choa gave a reassuring smile "I'll take one of those bottles."

Their hands touched briefly as Choa took a bottle. Taeyeon felt the small spark again but this time something was different. She didn't hear a change in Choa's heart, she was calm... too calm. Taeyeon hadn't notice it before but Choa's heart was beating normally. Taeyeon tilted her head as she watched Choa open the bottle of paint thinner. 'Why is she so calm?  Am I too late...' Taeyeon thought before opening her own bottle. "Let me do it." She grabbed a rag from the table. "I can't help you paint but I can at least help you removed it."

"No... I can't let you do this all by yourself."

"Don't be ridiculous." Taeyeon took the other bottle back from Choa and pointed to the couch. "I'm a vampire with super powers." Taeyeon made a silly super hero pose. "Now go sit my fair lady and watch the mighty Taengoo at work."

"Okay..." Choa laughed and made her way to the couch.

"Where is my cape? I'm not much of a hero without a cape." Taeyeon picked up a blanket dramatically from one of the chairs in the room. "There you are..." she exclaimed while tieing one end of the blanket around her neck. "Now I am ready to tackle this beast."

Choa couldn't help but smile at Taeyeon's playfulness. It had been a long time since she witnessed this side of Taeyeon. She watched in amazement as Taeyeon started to fly around the room removing the paint faster than she ever could. Close to an hour later Taeyeon was done.

"Ta da!" Taeyeon turned around with a huge smile on her face. She was covered in paint from head to toe but the wall was spotless.

Choa laughed as she walked over to the paint covered vampire. "You look amazing... I have to take a picture." Taeyeon posed like Superman and Choa snapped a picture. "Priceless..."

"Can you help me out a little?" Taeyeon questioned trying to wipe her eyes on her arm but she was only making things worse. "This paint is getting in my eyes."

"Sure... wait a minute." There was a strong sense of deja vu when Taeyeon felt the damp cloth touch her face again. She wondered if Choa was thinking the same thing. Taeyeon opened her eyes as the cloth moved away. She smiled when she saw Choa's face so close to her own. Choa smiled back but quickly put a bit of distance between them.

"What... no kiss this time?" Taeyeon half joked.

Choa stared at her for a moment then furrowed her brows. "Close your eyes." Taeyeon obeyed and waited to feel Choa's soft lips against hers again but her heart dropped when she felt the kiss land on her cheek.

"Thank you for helping me out with this." Choa was heading over to her painting supplies when Taeyeon opened her eyes. "It would have taking me like two days if I did it myself."

"No problem... anytime." Taeyeon smiled weakly and touched her cheek. 'Is it really already too late?' She turned to go up the stairs. "I'm going to take a shower.

Taeyeon returned about an hour later nice and fresh following her long hot shower. Choa was now sketching the outline of the city while humming to herself.

Taeyeon watched Choa work for a while without interrupting. She had grown fond of listening to the girl's soft humming.

"Can I ask you a question?" Taeyeon asked once Choa's song ended.

"Sure..." Choa put her pencil down and walked over to sit next to Taeyeon. "I wanted to take a break anyway."

"Do you want..." Taeyeon paused and cleared "...would you like to date me?"

"What...?!" Choa blinked a few times and then frowned. She wasn't sure what Taeyeon was asking.

"You know... like we go out and do stuff together as a couple."

"I know what dating is Taeyeon." Choa sighed and walked back to the wall. 'What does she mean by as a couple...?' Choa looked at Taeyeon who was nervously biting her thumb and waiting for an answer.

"Yes... No?" Taeyeon questioned raising her brows. She knew she shouldn't have asked the question.

"I... um... I don't know if we should..." Choa said carefully.

"Why not..." Taeyeon approached the girl and searched her eyes.

"It's just... you're very complicated and I... I don't know any more Taeyeon. Had you asked a week ago I would've said yes but a lot has changed since then." Choa picked up her pencil and looked down at the tip.

Taeyeon sighed and ran her fingers through her damp hair. This was definitely not the way she wanted this conversation to go. "Wow..." Taeyeon chuckled to herself and shook her head. Here she was again standing in front of the girl she loved and being rejected... again. It was so ironic but she wasn't about to give up yet.

"Just one date?" Taeyeon asked with her best puppy dog eyes.

"That's so unfair!" Choa protested while crossing her arms but then Taeyeon added a pout. "Oh my god... okay... one date alright just stop doing that."

"Awesome!" Taeyeon fist pumped, she was proud her tactics worked. "Where do you want to go for our first date?"

"First date...?" Choa repeated "... you're so confident there's going to be a second?"

"Of course..." Taeyeon smiled confidently. "I have no doubt."

Choa chuckled "okay... but you have to plan it yourself. You asked me out remember?"

"Alright... I'm up for the challenge." Taeyeon winked and walked back to the couch.

Choa watched Taeyeon as she typed into her phone smiling to herself every once in a while. 'This is really happening...' She had dreamed about this moment from the first day she saw the gorgeous little vampire standing outside the window of the art gallery. Now her dream was about to become reality but the timing couldn't have been worse.

*****

'I can't believe that stupid little midget walked out on me.' Tiffany was at her local gym running on one of the treadmills. 'She even picked that little painter girl over me...' Tiffany laughed to herself and stopped the machine. 'I guess stupid midgets belong together anyway.'

A tall young man walked into the nearly empty gym and removed his shirt. Tiffany couldn't help eyeing him because he had some of the best abs she had ever seen in her life. She grabbed a weight and started doing some arm excises when the man approached.

"You're doing that wrong." The young man gave her a million dollar smile. "Do you mind?" He gestured towards her.

"No... I don't mind." Tiffany giggled as the man moved behind her and grabbed her arm. He was so close that she could feel his manhood pressed against her.

"You have to do it slowly like this." He whispered softly into her ear while lifting her arm in a slow motion. "Also remember to keep the muscle tight."

"Mhm..." Tiffany nodded. 'He was definitely making one of her muscles tight.'

"Yo... Minho! Over here!" A guy called as he entered the gym.

"There's my friend..." Minho smiled as he moved in front of Tiffany. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card. "Give me a call sometime and we can work more on you form.

"Yeah sure..." Tiffany giggled again and took the card.

"I'll be waiting..." he winked and left to go find his friend.

Tiffany looked down at the card and read it aloud "Choi Minho Personal Trainer." She smiled and put the card in her pocket. She was definitely going to give him a call. He would help her forget about the stupid midget in no time.

"Who's the red head?" Taecyeon asked while putting on his boxing gloves.

"I don't know..." Minho shrugged "... she's just some chick I'll be boning soon."

"That's my dog." Taecyeon laughed "... always trying to bury his bone."

"I can smell when a is in heat from a mile away." Minho joked and grabbed hold of the punching bag. But the truth is he knew exactly who Tiffany was and he was going to use her to get what he really wanted.