Nightmares

Seventeen One-shots

     Jeonghan sighed softly, leaning back against the wall behind his bed. He had been registered at Pledis University for about 3 months, and he still had yet to get to know his roommate, Wen Junhui. Of course, that wasn't because Jeonghan wasn't trying. He always made an effort to smile at Junhui and make sure that he didn't disturb him while he was studying; he always made sure that he cooked dinner on the nights that Junhui had late classes, so that the boy would have something to just eat quickly. He always made sure to keep the dorm at least relatively clean and he made sure that if he wanted to watch a video or listen to music that he put his headphones in so that he wouldn't disturb Junhui, who spent most of the time he wasn't in class either sleeping or studying. He would always say goodmorning to Junhui and say hello when the boy returned from his classes. But Junhui remained cold and distant. Jeonghan was honestly certain that Junhui had not spoken more than 5 words to him for the entire 3 months they had been living together. Sighing again, Jeonghan shifted his position so that he was laying down properly. There was no point thinking about this anymore than he already had. It was fairly obvious to him that Junhui didn't like him, and it was becoming increasingly obvious that there was nothing he could do about it. It would be best if he just let it go. Jeonghan sighed again, shaking his head. He couldn't. He didn't know what exactly it was but he just couldn't let Junhui go. He wanted to get to know him, wanted to be his friend. But that wasn't likely to happen any time soon. So with yet another sigh (Jeonghan had been sighing a lot recently), he turned off the light next to his bed and curled up under the blankets to sleep.

     It was about an hour later when Jeonghan was awoken by the sound of his bedroom door creaking open. He groaned softly and rolled over, opening one eye. He started when he saw someone standing in his room, then let out a soft sound of confusion as he realized that it was his roommate, Junhui. He sat up, rubbing his eyes with the back of one hand.

     "Junhui? Wha- What are you doing here?"

     There was a long silence, and Jeonghan could make out Junhui fidgeting. Fianlly, he spoke. "I... I had a n- nightmare..."

     Jeonghan's eyes widened slightly as Junhui spoke. Had he been crying? He frowned a little and bit his lip before speaking. "Come here," he said gently. Junhui remained still for a few moments before complying, walking over to the edge of Jeonghan's bed. Now that the boy was closer, Jeonghan could see that he had in fact been crying and he felt a strong desire to just give his roommate a hug. "Come here, it's okay," he said, shifting over so that Junhui could join him on the bed. "Come on, it's alright." Jeonghan pulled the blankets back and motioned for Junhui to sit.

     Junhui hesitated for a second before sitting down lightly on the bed, drawing his knees up to his chest. Jeonghan frowned a little, then hugged Junhui. The Chinese boy stiffened at first, then all of a sudden he twisted around and wrapped his arms around Jeonghan, beginning to cry. Jeonghan hugged his roommate tighter, rubbing the crying boy's back with one hand.

     "J- Jeonghan," Junhui whimpered softly. Jeonghan shifted, pulling the crying boy closer to him.

     "Shh, it's alright. It's alright. Everything's okay now. It was just a nightmare, yeah? That means it's not real. Nothing's gonna hurt you here. I've got you, alright?" Junhui nodded weakly against his shoulder, and Jeonghan smiled. "Now come on," he said gently. "Let's get some sleep, okay?"

     Junhui nodded again and both of them laid down, Jeonghan pulling the blankets over them. Junhui hesitated for a second before shifting closer to Jeonghan, wrapping one arm around him, and Jeonghan smiled at the action, hugging the still crying Chinese boy tightly. They didn't speak again for the rest of the night; they didn't have to. Slowly, Junhui's quiet sobs eased, and he fell asleep in Jeonghan's arms. Jeonghan smiled to himself as he watched Junhui sleep. It was fairly obvious to him that he had been wrong about Junhui and for once, he was glad that he had been wrong.


*3 months later*


     "Junhui!" Jeonghan yelled happily as his roommate - and now boyfriend of 2 months - opened the door to their small apartment. The Chinese boy jumped a little at the unexpected shout, then grinned, shutting and locking the door behind him.

     "Hey," he said, smiling brightly. He walked over to the couch where Jeonghan was sitting, settling himself contentedly on his boyfriend's lap. "You're awfully excited, aren't you?" he added teasingly. Jeonghan shrugged, wrapping his arms around Junhui's waist.

     "Yes~. You're my boyfriend, Jun. I'm allowed to be excited when you come home. After all," he added with a pout. "You left me here by myself all day. And now you're finally back!" He kissed Junhui on the cheek, and the Chinese boy blushed a little, smiling contentedly.

     "It's not my fault that I have more classes than you today," he whined, shifting to snuggle into Jeonghan's shoulder. "What's for dinner?"

     "Is that all you care about," Jeonghan said in mock irritation. "I figured we could order pizza in a little while, once it's a bit later. How about you go change, babe?"

     Junhui nodded, blushing a little at Jeonghan's use of the pet name as he stood up. "Y- yeah. I'm gonna go take a shower."

     Jeonghan watched with a smile as Junhui walked down the hall and into his bedroom. The quiet Chinese boy had really started to open up to him after that night 3 months ago, and their relationship had progressed rather quickly. Within a week they were best friends, and it wasn't long after that that the Chinese boy had confessed that he had a crush on him. And so 2 months ago they started dating, and Jeonghan had never been happier to have been wrong about someone. Jeonghan started when suddenly he felt a pair of lips press against the corner of his mouth, opening his eyes to look at Junhui. The Chinese boy smiled at him, sitting down next to him on the couch, his hair damp from his shower.

     "What were you thinking about, Jeonghan?" he asked quietly, snuggling up against him. Jeonghan hummed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

     "You," he said after a few moments. "And us. And how I've never been so grateful for nightmares."

     Junhui blushed a little, yawning as he buried his face in the crook of Jeonghan's neck. "Yeah," he said quietly. "Who knew that nightmares could be so... rewarding."

     Jeonghan smiled, gently pressing his lips against Junhui's forehead. "Yeah.."


A/N

idk why I wrote this, but... yeah. Random Junhan fic

Credit for the poster goes to the We Got Fired Graphics Shop