Friends

Seventeen One-shots

     Every class has that one kid that never talks; that kid that likes to sit in the back and that almost seems to not exist sometimes. In class 1A of the Seoul High School of Performance and Art, that kid was Lee Jihoon. When he had first transfered into the class, girls (and guys) had flocked to his desk and crowded around him in the halls, each trying desperately to get his attention. But Jihoon never said a word, not to anyone. And so everyone slowly forgot about him. That is, everyone except Kwon Soonyoung. Soonyoung had been fascinated by Jihoon from the very first time he saw the small framed boy. It was thoughts of Jihoon that filled his mind as he walked out of his practice room. He wondered what the small framed boy was studying here - he knew that is wasn't dance, since he knew every one of the dance students, but that still left several options. His walk towards the school's main entrance took him through the bottom half of the music wing, where all the recording studios were located. Usually all the music students were long gone by this time of night (it was currently about 11:30), but this time he noticed the lights in one of the studios were on. He could hear a voice, singing softly, and he stopped, staring at the slightly open door. It was... beautiful. Curious, Soonyoung bit his lip and then carefully pushed the door open. What he saw when he did left him completely stunned. Lee Jihoon. The mysterious singer with the voice of an angel was non other than Lee Jihoon, the boy who no one had ever heard speak. Soonyoung stared at the boy in shock, completely frozen. Jihoon didn't notice him at first but when he did, he froze, staring at Soonyoung in silent shock, his eyes wide. They stayed like that for a few moments, just staring at each other. And then Jihoon grabbed his stuff and ran, leaving a started Soonyoung staring after him.

     "W- wait!" Soonyoung shouted when he recovered fro his shock, chasing after the small framed boy. "Wait! Don't leave, I wanna talk to you!"

     Jihoon did not stop. He did the exact opposite, in fact. Soonyoung groaned, but ran faster, determined to catch up with Jihoon. But as determined as Soonyoung was to catch him, Jihoon was equally determined to get away. Unfortunately for Jihoon, the school was infamous for its dead ends. Reaching one of said dead ends, Jihoon let out an irritated curse, realizing that he was trapped. Soonyoung stopped in front of him, panting.

     "H- hey," he finally managed, smiling at Jihoon. Jihoon pouted a little, pressing himself against the wall. He looked like a cornered rabbit, his eyes wide with fear. Soonyoung felt bad, but he couldn't let this opportunity pass by. He extended one hand towards the boy, still smiling gently. Jihoon just stared at the hand that was offered to him, shaking his head. "It's alright," Soonyoung coaxed. I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Soonyoung," he added, being careful to keep his voice calm and relaxed. Jihoon bit his lip, shaking his head again. Soonyoung frowned, but took a step closer, and Jihoon flinched backwards, looking even more scared than before. Soonyoung stopped, staring at him in confusion. Why was he so frightened? He had known that Jihoon didn't like crowds and didn't like to talk, but he had never seemed scared before. So Soonyoung did what his mother had taught him: he stopped and he analyzed the situation. He bit his lip, backing up a few paces, and Jihoon seemed to relax a little.

     "It's okay," Soonyoung whispered. "I'm not going to hurt you, alright? I just want to be your friend."

     Jihoon's lip trembled a little, and Soonyoung almost melted at how cute it was. And then Jihoon did something unexpected: he spoke. "F- friend?" he said softly, and it took all of Soonyoung's self control to stop himself from squealing out loud.

     "Yeah," he said softly. "Friend. Is that okay?" he added. Jihoon bit his lip, then nodded slowly, and Soonyoung grinned, taking a step forward and offering Jihoon his hand. "Friends then?" he asked, and Jihoon nodded again, hesitantly taking Soonyoung's hand.


*1 year later*


     "Soonyoungie~" Jihoon called out with a pout. Soonyoung grunted, glancing over his shoulder at his boyfriend.

     "What's up, babe?" he asked, rolling over to face him.

     "Come here~" he whined, pouting again. Soonyoung scowled in mock irritation before getting up and walking over to his boyfriend, pinning him to his chair with his arms.

     "What?" he whispered, leaning close to the small framed boy. Jihoon looked up at him, still pouting.

     "I'm hungry," he whined, and Soonyoung laughed.

     "Yeah yeah. What do you want to eat, stupid?" he asked. Jihoon glared at him, drawing his knees up to his chest.

     "I dunno. But I'm hungry. I want food. Make me food."

     "I can't ing cook," he snapped. "If you want someone to make you food go find Jeonghan."

     "Jeonghan is on a date with Joshua, so I can't. Besides, you're my boyfriend, not him. Now come on. Make me food. Or at least buy me food. You are the worst damn boyfriend ever, holy ."

     "You know," Soonyoung said with another scowl of mock irritation. "I think I liked it better when you didn't talk."

     " you," Jihoon mumbled, and Soonyoung stuck his tongue out at him.

     "Maybe later. What do you want to eat, babe?"

     "Pizza?" Jihoon asked, and Soonyoung shrugged.

     "Whatever you want, babe."

     "Thank you," Jihoon said cutely, leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to his boyfriend's lips. Soonyoung grinned at him, returning the gentle kiss.

     "Hey babe," he said softly. Jihoon hummed in response, and Soonyoung smiled. "I love you."

     Jihoon blushed, looking away. "Yeah yeah," he mumbled. "I love you too."