Awkward Encounter

Seventeen One-shots

     Chan leaned back against the wall, trying to catch his breath. The others had left a few hours ago, but he had stayed behind to practice some more. And to think. For several months, almost a year, he had had a crush on his hyung, Jeonghan.So he started spending more time with him: laying against him during breaks in practice, sitting next to him in the car. It had been great at first, being so close to Jeonghan, being able to breathe in his hyung's scent and pretend that the older boy returned his feelings. But it had started to hurt. He was almost embarrassed to admit it, but he had started avoiding his hyung a couple of weeks ago, spending more and more time with Hansol. But now Hansol and Seungkwan were dating, and Chan had been left to figure this out for himself. It wasn't that Hansol was ignoring him, but he wasn't exactly around every second of the day so that Chan could cling to him, either. He sighed, letting himself slide further down the wall. He couldn't hang out with Soonyoung - the blonde spent almost every waking second attached to Seokmin at the hip. Junhui and Minghao rarely went anywhere without eachother, and the same could be said of Wonwoo and Mingyu. In fact, everyone in Seventeen seemed to have someone that they hung out with. That is, everyone except for Jeonghan, who tended to drift from group to group - the exact same thing that Chan had been doing since Hansol and Seungkwan started dating. Of course, this problem could be solved if they just hung out with eachother, but Chan found himself growing increasingly awkward around his long haired hyung. The maknae was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the door opening, and he groaned out loud.

     "Oh, damn it all! Why do I love you?" he demanded angrily. The person who had entered coughed once, and Chan jumped, looking up in surprise. He blushed deeply when he realized who it was standing infront of him. "Oh- uh, uh- h- hi there. Heyyy, Jeonghan."

     Jeonghan smiled at him in amusement, and Chan's heart melted a little at the sight of it. "Mind telling me who exactly that little outburst was addressed to?" he asked, his tone playful.

     Chan gulped, looking away. This was it. This was his chance to confess. But did he want to risk it? Could he risk his friendship with Jeonghan? He took a deep breath, and then spoke before he could lose his nerve. "Well... Y- you? It's... you. I'm in love with you." He slowly looked up at his hyung, biting his lip nervously. Jeonghan was staring at him in open mouthed shock, and Chan could feel tears beginning to well up in his eyes. But Jeonghan must have seen then because suddenly he was on his knees in front of Chan, hugging him and whispering soothing words.

     "Hushhh, it's okay. It's okay. I'm not mad or disgusted or anything like that, I was just... startled? I- I wasn't expecting that. It's alright, Channie. It's okay. We're okay. Just relax, okay? Just breathe. Everything's fine. Come here. Look at me, look at me."

     Chan looked up at Jeonghan tentatively, and the older boy pressed their lips together in a quick, chaste kiss. The gentle contact was gone all too soon, and Chan stared at Jeonghan in wonder. The older boy smiled gently, reaching up one hand to brush Chan's hair from his face.

     "Everything's okay," he whispered, and Chan nodded, relaxing against his hyung's chest. They stayed that way for several long minutes before finally Chan spoke up again.

     "Hyung..."

     "Hm?"

     "Does... does this mean we're d- dating now?"

     Jeonghan smiled, holding Chan a little tighter. "Yeah... We're dating now."


A/N

Credit for the poster goes to the We Got Fired graphics shop