Mansae

Seventeen One-shots

request for SEVENTEENSECRETTIME


     Junhui was a hopeless romantic, and he knew it. His heart fluttered excitedly as Wonwoo - his crush of almost three years - entered their classroom. It was always the same story. Wonwoo would enter and spend a few minutes talking to his best friend, Mingyu. When the warning bell rang, Wonwoo would go to his desk (which was coincidentally next to Junhui's) and sit down. He would greet Junhui, a cheerful "hello" to which Junhui usually responded with an awkward "hi" and a shy smile. Junhui would then spend the rest of the day berating himself for being stupid. But today was different. Wonwoo sat down right away, though there was still 10 minutes before the warning bell and Junhui knew for a fact that Mingyu was there. There was no cheerful "hello" either, and though he had no right to, Junhui found himself feeling worried.

     "Wonwoo?" he said questioningly, his voice laced with concern. Wonwoo turned to face him, and Junhui felt his cheeks heat up as he met that blank, mysterious gaze. It was suddenly diffiuclt to speak, but he couldn't back down now. "Uh- I- uh... A- are you alright? I- I mean it's just you- you usually talk to Mingyu until the warning bell and y- you seem kinda... upset this morning?"

     Wonwoo dropped his gaze, shrugging. "I'm fine. I'm just..." he sighed. "Oh what the hell. There's no point in lying. Mingyu and I... got into a fight yesterday."

     "About what?" Junhui asked automatically. As soon as the words left his mouth, his eyes widened. "I- I mean, i- if you wanna tell me. You don't have to. I mean, we're not even friends so I don't know why you would but I'm more than willing to listen if you want to talk about it and I'm babbling now. Why do I always manage to sound like such an idiot in front of you. You'd think I'd at least be able to form coherent sentences in front of you, even if I do have a crush on you-" Junhui froze when he realized what he had just saidm his eyes widening and his cheeks heating up. "I- I didn't- I didn't mean to... say that..." he mumbled.

     Wonwoo was staring at him blankly when Junhui finally got the courage to look up, and his blush deepened. He desperately wanted to know what Wonwoo was thinking, and he wondered briefly if his father had been this awkward when he first confessed. He didn't have long to wonder, though, because it was then that Wonwoo spoke.

     "Actually it... was bout you. I... I like you too, Junhui. Actually, I was planning on confessing to you but Mingyu... he said I shouldn't because you're always so cold and distand and he didn't want me to get hurt but I don't think you're cold at all. You're always really sweet to me - making sure I have the notes if I'm out sick, amd like just now asking if I was okay, and just- you're just really sweet and- that's not the point. The point is, I like you."

      Upon hearing those words, some of Junhui's usual confidence returned and he leaned forwards towards Wonwoo, grinning. "Well then, if the feeling is mutual..." he swallowed nervously, feeling himself blushing again. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

     Wonwoo blushed a little, but returned Junhui's grin. "Yeah. I- I'd like that."


A/N

I'm sorry that this is really short and probably kinda crappy, but I hope you like it anyway ^^"