Hiding Place

Seventeen One-shots

     Sometimes, there is no place to hide. That was an unfortunate fact that Jihoon now found himself faced with. For so long he had been running from his feelings, hiding as if pretending they didn't exist would make them go away. But now here he was, face to face with Soonyoung, the elder watching him expectantly. He bit lis lip, looking everywhere except at the boy infront of him. He wasn't ready for this. He wasn't ready to admit the truth. He wasn't ready for him to know. But Soonyoung knew the truth now. There was no way around it, no way to hide from it. The truth was out. The two of them stayed that way for what felt like hours before suddenly Soonyoung spoke.

     "Jihoon, you can tell me, okay? Everything's going to be okay. No matter what you say to me, I'm always going to be right by your side. If you fall, I'll catch you. If the entire world comes after you, I'll stand in their way and defend you with everything I've got."

     Jihoon, sniffled, biting his lip harder. "It's just, I've always hid from this and I felt safe with you not knowing but now you've taken that hiding place away from me and I don't know-"

     "I'll be your hiding place. If the stars burn out of the sky, and your heart's lost its light, just never let me go. I'll scare all your fears away. I'll be your hiding place. I know it's going to be hard for you to trust me, but I swear to you I'll never let go of you. You don't have to go through everything by yourself. Open up to me, let yourself try to trust me. Let me prove to you that right here, right now in my arms, you're safe. I'm not going to let you fall. I'm not going to hurt you and I'm not going to let anyone else hurt you either."

     "I don't need you to protect me," Jihoon sniffled, trying his best to sound angry. Defensive. Anything except weak. Soonyoung held up his hands in defeat.

     "I know. I know you don't need me to protect you. I know you're strong, and i know you're perfectly capable of defending yourself. But I want to be able to stand beside you, back you up, be your reinforcements." He paused then and bit his lip before leaning forward and pressing his lips to Jihoon's cheek. "It might sound crazy to you but I love you. I'm really, sincerely in love with you. This isn't like anything I've ever felt before. I want to be serious with you, settle down with you, spend the rest of my life with you."

     Jihoon blushed bright pink at the contact and the words spoken afterwards, staring down at the floor. "I..."

     "You don't have to say it back. You can take all the time you need. But there is one thing I want you to say." Soonyoung took Jihoon's hand in his and Jihoon blushed again. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

     Jihoon froze, his mind going blank for a few seconds. Boyfriend? Somehow, his lips moved on their own, forming words before he even consciously knew that he wanted to say them. "I will."


Credit for this poster goes to the Fly To Love Graphics Shop

So this one-shot was inspired by the song Hiding Place by Hedley. It's an amazing song, and I highly reccomend you listen to it. A lot of the dialog (specifically what Hoshi said) is either a direct quote from or parodied from the lyrics to the song.

Thank you guys for reading ^^ I hope you enjoyed ^^

The next story won't be Soonhoon, so don't you guys worry XD I'll be writing for other couples too. But I was listening to Hiding Place and somehow or other it ended up giving me feels for Soonhoon, so.... this story was born XD