Say You'll Love Me

Seventeen One-shots

     Soonyoung yawned, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand before looking around sleepily. He frowned when he realized that his mate wasn't laying beside him anymore. In fact, the side of the bed where his mate had been laying was completely cold, suggesting that he had been gone for several hours. As this realization hit him, Soonyoung shot up from his bed, suddenly terrified. Anything could have happened. His mate could have been taken, and if he had run away he could be or killed or kidnapped or he could get sick or hurt. Now in a complete panic, Soonyoung scrambled out of his bedroom and down the stairs. He was about to run out the door when he heard what sounded like crying. Soonyoung froze, turning on his heel and hesitantly walking towards the glass doors that led out into the rose gardens. He opened the doors slowly, concerned and uncertain. When he stepped outside he froze, staring at the sight before him in shock. His mate - his little Jihoon - lay curled up next to the fountain, his sides shaking with gentle sobs. For a moment Soonyoung coudn't move - couldn't even breathe. And then reality hit him and he rushed to his mate's side, kneeling beside him and pulling him into his arms.

     "Oh Jihoon," he gasped, hugging the boy to his chest. "Oh god, Jihoon. Do you have any idea how worried I was about you? I was so scared that you got hurt or that someone took you away from me." He pressed soft kisses against the top of Jihoon's head, over and over again, holding him tightly to his chest. "God, I was so scared. I thought I lost you. Oh Jihoon what's the matter? What's wrong? Why are you out here? Oh you poor thing you must be freezing it's so cold out here. Let's go inside okay?"

      Jihoon, who had been frozen with shock up to this point, shook his head violently, trying to escape Soonyoung's arms. When he couldn't, he began crying again, his struggle increasing. "Let go let go let go! Let me go! Let go of me!" he screamed, trying to get away. Soonyoung, shocked by Jihoon's reaction, let his arms drop and the boy scrambled away from him. Jihoon curled himself up in a ball, whimpering and sniffling softly, hiding his face in his knees. Soonyoung just stared at him, still in shock. Why was Jihoon acting like this? His Jihoon - his beloved, precious Jihoon -  was acting more scared of him now that he had when he had first found out that Soonyoung was a vampire. What could have happened? He could feel tears welling up in his own eyes as he watched Jihoon cry. He wanted nothing more than to help his mate, and he felt so helpless as he sat there and watched him. It was breaking his heart to see Jihoon like this, and it took all of his strength to hold the tears back. They stayed like that for several long moments before Soonyoung finally regained control of his body. He sat down, staring at Jihoon in confusion.

     "Ji?" he said softly. "Babe, what's wrong? What happened? Why are you being like this? Did someone do something to you?" He moved forward hesitantly and Jihoon flinched at the movement, whimpering softly. Soonyoung stopped when he saw Jihoon flinch, the tears beginning to fall from his eyes. "Babe please," he whispered. "At least tell me why you're being like this. And if you can't tell me that then at least come inside and lay down because if you stay out here you might get sick or something. Please, Ji. Come inside? I don't wanna see you get hurt. Please, babe. Please just come inside. I promise I'm not gonna hurt you. Please baby?"

     Jihoon looked up slightly, sniffling and wiping his eyes with the back of one hand. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, then quickly shut it again. He bit his lip, shaking his head. "Idon'twanna," he whispered quickly, his words blending together. Soonyoung bit his lip, unsure of what to do. Jihoon had never been like this before. He was always so calm and composed and sure of himself. It was strange to see him like this, and Soonyoung would be lying if he said that it didn't hurt. Then Soonyoung got an idea. He slipped off his jacket and offered it to Jihoon. The smaller boy stared at the jacket for a few moments before slowly reaching out to take it. He put it on before curling himself back up into a ball and hiding his face in his knees again. Soonyoung bit his lip before slowly inching forwards towards his mate. This time Jihoon didn't flinch away from him, though he did watch the taller boy with untrusting, frightened eyes. Slowly, carefully, Soonyoung settled himself beside his mate, wrapping his arms around the boy.

     "Oh Jihoon," he whispered, cradling his mate against his chest. "What's wrong, baby? Please. Please tell me what's wrong. Why are you so scared of me all of a sudden? Did I do something that upset you? If I did, I'm sorry. Please just tell what happened that you're this upset. I want you to be happy here. But I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong."

     Jihoon sniffled, his body tensing up at the contact before slowly relaxing into Soonyoung's warm embrace. It was so familiar, so comforting... Jihoon couldn't bring himself to pull away from it, couldn't bring himself to bring more pain to his mate's gentle eyes. "I..." his voice shook when he tried to speak, and new tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment. "I just... I'm scared," he finally managed, trying desperately to hold back his tears. "I'm scared of you, of us. Soonyoung..." Jihoon was crying now, and Soonyoung cradled him closer, pressing a soft kiss to the top of his mate's head. Jihoon swallowed, trying to regain his composure before speaking. "Y- you're my first," he whispered. "M- my first love, my first relationship, and y- you're g- gonna be m- my first t- time, t- too. But y- you... You've had so many before m- me. So many b- better than me. H- how can I compete w- with th- the p- pretty rich g- girls I t- took you away from?" Jihoon pulled away from Soonyoung, twisting to look at him. "I- I'm scared. I'm scared I'm gonna lose you, scared I'm not good enough to be yours. I'm scared you're gonna remember how much fun you had with them and you're gonna leave me and I'm scared of getting hurt and that's exactly what's gonna happen if I try to stay with you. So- so it's better if I j- just leave now, b- before I lov- b- before I c- care too m- much."

      Soonyoung stared at his crying mate in shock and horror, the words taking a few moments to register. "Jihoon," he said softly. "Ji, baby... I love you. I love you more than words can describe, and nothing is going to change that. You're my mate, Ji. You're my whole world. I could never leave you. You mean too much to me. Please, Jihoon," he said pleadingly. "Don't do this to me. You might be alright if you leave now. You might get over me. But I won't. I could never stop loving you, not even if I wanted to. I know you're scared, but give me a chance. Give me a chance to prove myself to you."

     Jihoon was sobbing now, and Soonyoung could feel tears falling from his own eyes as well. Being careful not to startle his sobbing mate, Soonyoung carefully moved forwards, scooping him up into his arms once more.

      "Please, Jihoon. Please babe. Give me a chance to prove how much you mean to me." He held the boy tightly, pressing soft kisses to his forehead and nose. "I'll do anything, Ji. Anything you want me to do."

     "S- say you'll love me," Jihoon whispered against Soonyoung's ear. "Say that you'll always love me, that you'll always be there. Say... say I c- can t- trust you."

     Soonyoung leaned closer to Jihoon and repeated the words in a voice hardly louder than a breath of air. "I love you. I'll always love you and I am going to be right here as long as you want me. You can lean on me. I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere, Jihoon. I'm not. You can trust me. I'm right here, and I'm not leaving. Just lean on me, trust me. I'm not going anywhere, I'm not leaving. I promise you, Ji. I promise. I'm not gonna go anywhere, and I'll never stop loving you. Not ever."


*1 year later*


     Soonyoung woke to the sound of sheets rustling and the familiar feeling of his mate snuggling into his side. Jihoon had a tendancy to work late into the night, writing songs, and he would often come to bed late. As long as he actually came to bed, Soonyoung didn't mind all that much. As Jihoon settled himself, Soonyoung rolled over to face him, smiling sleepily and wrapping his arms around Jihoon. The small, pink haired boy returned the sleepy smile as he nestled into the warm embrace, yawning as he rested his head on his mate's shoulder. Soonyoung grinned at how cute his mate was, ruffling the boy's pink hair affectionately. Jihoon leaned into the touch, closing his eyes, and Soonyoung couldn't help but marvel at the response. As they frequently did, his thoughts flashed back to last year, when Jihoon had been so frightened of him and of their relationship: the night when he had almost lost his beloved Jihoon. That night seemed so far away now, as they lay there together on the bed they shared, Soonyoung playing with Jihoon's hair as the smaller boy lay half asleep in his arms. Many things had happened since that night, some good and some bad, but somehow they had pulled through, and here they were. Suddenly, Jihoon shifted and leaned up, pressing a soft kiss to Soonyoung's lips. Soonyoung started at the contact, but returned the soft kiss, looking at Jihoon questioningly when he pulled away.

     "What?" Jihoon mumbled sleepily. "Do I need a reason to kiss my mate? Shut up and go to sleep already."

      "I didn't say anything," Soonyoung said in mock protest, more for Jihoon's amusement then out of any real feelings of protest. As he had expected, the corners of Jihoon's lips curled up a little at the words, and the smaller boy snuggled closer to him, yawning once more.

     "You were thinking it," he mumbled sleepily, all of the usual fight in his words lost in sleepiness. "Goodnight Soonyoungie." he paused, yawning before speaking again. "Soonyoungie? I love you."

     Soonyoung, who had been just about to say goodnight, stared at Jihoon. This was the first time he had ever heard the small, pink haired boy say those words, and he couldn't control the smile that hearing them brought to his lips. "Goodnight, my fairy prince. I love you too."

     "Don't call me fairy," Jihoon mumbled, weakly hitting Soonyoung's side with one hand. Soonyoung laughed quietly.

     "Fine. Goodnight, my prince. I still love you, by the way. Even if you won't let me call you my fairy."

     Jihoon blushed a little. "Whatever," he mumbled, yawning cutely one more time before falling asleep in Soonyoung's arms.


A/N

So

This has been in progress for a while

But it's finally done ^^

I'm gonna start working on all the requests I have now ^^"

Don't worry, my lovely requesters. I haven't forgotten about you ^^

I will be doing them in the order that they were requested, so please be patient if you requested recently ^^

Thank you all for reading and a huge, huge thanks to all of my subscribers and requesters ^^

Please continue to support me and my stories, and I hope you enjoyed ^^