Jealousy

Seventeen One-shots

request for ExoShinee93


     Seungkwan glared at the back of the seat in front of him, trying his very best to ignore Hansol, who was sitting next to him. Usually if Hansol was sitting next to him the two would be chattering nonstop, laughing and telling jokes like all best friends do. But this time was different. This time Hansol was with Chan. This time it was Chan and Hansol talking and laughing away, oblivious to everyone else around them. Seungkwan tried not to watch as Hansol whispered something that sent Chan into yet another fit of giggles. He tried to pretend that he didn't notice when Chan and Hansol's fingers intertwined to naturally, as if holding hands was something they had done several times before this moment. When Doogi PD looked back and asked if he was okay, he responded with a small smile and a nod of his head, giving the excuse that he was tired. He cast another subtle glance at Hansol and Chan. It wasn't fair. Hansol was his best friend, not Chan's. Hansol was supposed to be laughing at all of his stupid jokes and leaning on him when he began to get sleepy, not whispering and holding hands with Chan. If Seungkwan was honest about it, he wasn't really mad that Hansol had friends beside him. It hadn't bothered him when Hansol would lean forward and talk to Soonyoung, or when he'd twist in his seat and lean against Jeonghan, grinning up at their angelic hyung. He hadn't minded when Hansol and Seokmin would sing random songs together at the tops of their lungs. He didn't even mind the days when Hansol would sit next to someone else or when he would spend the entire ride texting Sofia. But this was different. If he was honest, he was jealous. And he wasn't jealous over the fact that Hansol was talking to someone else, either. It was fairly obvious to him that they were dating. The long looks, the slightlly shy smiles, the way they let their fingers intertwine. And he was jealous. He knew it wasn't really Chan's fault. It was honestly his. He had known for almost a year that he liked Hansol, but he had chosen not to say anything. And now Hansol belonged to Chan, and he was too late.


     It was several days later when Hansol confronted Seungkwan after practice, while the others had all left to shower. 

     "Seungkwan." The elder turned at the sound of Hansol's voice, curious but nervous, and still slightly angry.

     "What is it Hansol?" he asked, sounding slightly exasperated. "Don't you have a shower date with Chan or something?" Recently the two boys had been showering together "to conserve water and save time". Seungkwan would be lying if he said it hadn't upset him. If anyone should be showering with Hansol it was him, not Chan. Hansol looked startled at the unexpected harshness of Seungkwan's words, and the elder felt guilty. It wasn't Hansol's fault; he didn't even know why his best friend was attacking him. But Seungkwan couldn't bring himself to care that Hansol didn't know.

     "I... Well no... Chan's showering with Soonyoung today. They said that they wanted to work on some new choreography and that they get their best ideas in the shower." Had Seungkwan not been so confused, he would have questioned why the two members of the performance team would be working on choreography in the shower. But he was confused.

     "Chan's... showering with Soonyoung?" he asked.

     Hansol nodded. "Yeah. Anyway, I was wondering if you would shower with me."

     If Seungkwan had been confused before, he was just in complete and total shock now. It took him a minute to prosses what Hansol had said before he opened his mouth to respond with a very classy, very well thought out: "What?"

     Hansol rolled his eyes. "You, me, shower? I've gotten used to having someone with me, and since you're my best friend..."

     Seungkwan was still in shock. "Wait... Chan's showering with Soonyoung, and you want to shower with me?"

     Hansol groaned, shaking his head. "Yes, Seungkwan. What about this is so difficult to prosses?"

     Seungkwan's thoughts were going at a mile a minute. "Then... wait. If Chan wanted to shower with Soonyoung and you want to shower with me, then... You two aren't dating?"

     Hansol looked at him, now equally confused. "No? What the hell gave you the idea that we were dating?"

     Now Seungkwan was starting to get defensive. "Well I don't know, Hansol," he snapped. "Maybe the fact that you two were holding hands every time you were next to each other for more than three seconds and the fact that shortly after that started, you two started showering together. Maybe it was the way you've been ignoring me - and everyone else - and just laughing your of with Chan."

     Hansol shook his head. "I'm sorry I was ignoring you. It's just, Chan and I have been spending a lot of time together because of school, so I guess we just got used to it. And as for the hand holding, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out." Hansol shook his head again, biting his lip slightly. "But you see... I couldn't have been dating Chan because... I've got a crush on someone else."

     Seungkwan's heart sank. If this were a drama or a movie or a story, now would be the moment when Hansol would say his name, and they would kiss and live happily ever after. But this wasn't a drama or a movie. This was reality. There was no way Hansol was going to say-

     "I have a crush on you, Seungkwan."

     The elder froze. Had he heard that right? There was no way he could have heard that right. But apparently he had, because Hansol stepped forward then, gently pressing their lips together.

     "I've liked you for a while now," he admitted. "I guess the real reason why I've been spending so much time with Chan is because my feelings for you were getting so strong but I didn't want to risk our friendship by telling you. Besides, Chan understands how I've been feeling."

     Seungkwan but his lip. "I like you too, Hansol. I've liked you for over a year now, but I've been too scared to tell you and then I had started to work up the courage to but then I saw you with Chan and I got really jealous and-" he broke off then. "Wait, what do you mean 'Chan understands how you feel'?"

     Hansol laughed. "I'll tell you a secret," he whispered, leaning forward so that his lips brushed against the lobe of Seungkwan's ear. The elder shivered at the feeling, but nodded curiously. "Chan has a crush on Jeonghan-hyung."

     It took a second for it to register, but when it did, Seungkwan couldn't help but laugh. "So this whole time he's had a crush on Jeonghan, and the two of us could have started dating months ago." He shook his head, laughing, and Hansol joined him.

     "Well I guess if we would have started months ago, we've got a lot of making out to do."

     Seungkwan froze. "What did you say?"

     "I said we've got a lot of making up to do. Come on," he added, turning quickly and heading for the door, draggin Seungkwan with him by the wrist. "We can start with you taking me to the amusement park. I'm bored and I'm hungry."


A/N

Tada~! Here's the story you requested, sweetheart ^^ I hope you like it ^^

 

So what do you guys say? Shall I write a story about what happens with Chan and his cute little crush on Jeonghan? Or should it just be left a mystery?

 

Credit for the poster goes to the We Got Fired Graphics Shop