Hey.

Seventeen One-shots

request for macchiato_


     "Hey."

     Hansol had never expected that one word, especially one as simple as "hey" could make him feel so insanely happy but at the same time make him want to sink into a hole in the ground and disappear. It still hadn't fully sunk in that he was going on a date with Joshua. Hell, he had barely processed the fact that the senior was aware of his existance, let alone the idea that the most popular guy in their school was interested in him romantically. But here they were. To be honest, Hansol had been terrified that this was just a prank; Joshua was going to stand him up and he would be the laughing stock of the school. A crowd of girls (and some boys) had gathered on the opposite side of the courtyard, watching him with jealousy in their eyes. At 2:00, the time they were supposed to meet, Joshua wasn't there. By 2:05, the group was beginning to whisper and giggle, and Hansol could feel tears beginning to well up in his eyes. But the senior had arrived only a few minutes later, completely out of breath.

     "Hey." he said when  he reached Hansol, trying to regain control of his breathing. "Sorry I'm late," he added, running his fingers through his hair. "My class didn't let out until 1:50 and I swear to god Jeonghan does not know how to shut his damn mouth sometimes and people in this school don't know how to walk and I am so sorry."

     "I- It's okay," Hansol stammered. Joshua was... concerned for his feelings? The idea was new to him and he blushed as the realization began to sink in. Joshua grinned when he noticed Hansol's blush, extending one hand to him.

     "Shall we?"

     "Y- yeah," he stammered, his blush deepening as he took the senior's hand. Joshua led him out of the school and down the street to a small cafe where they ordered bubble tea and cheesecake. Joshua stared at him as they ate, and Hansol blushed again when he noticed the senior's stare, and Joshua smiled at him.

     "Sorry for staring," he said softly. "I was... thinking about something."

     "What were you thinking about?" Hansol asked, relieved when he didn't stutter. Joshua smiled at him.

     "You," he admitted. "And... us. This might sound crazy but I really like you Hansol."

     Hansol stared at him in confusion and shock. "Y- You... you do?"

     Joshua smiled again. "Yeah. I... have for a while to be honest with you. I'm not expecting anything," he added quickly. "I don't expect a serious relationship instantly or for you to return my feelings but I just wanted to tell you."

     Hansol blushed, trying desperately to regain his composure. "I- I- I-"

     Joshua shook his head. "Don't. We'll talk about it later, okay? Don't push yourself."

     Hansol nodded, and the two didn't talk about it again for several hours. They went to an amusement park after they had finished eating, and Hansol tried his best not to think about their conversation. He wasn't sure how to deal with this yet, and he didn't want to ruin their date with his insecurities. To his relief, Joshua didn't bring it up, and the date continued without any mention of it. Every now and again, he would notice Joshua staring at him somberly, but the look was gone almost as soon as he noticed it every single time. It was around 9:00 when Hansol finally checked the time, and he bit his lip, looking up at the senior.

     "I... I should probably get going," he stammered softly. At first Joshua said nothing, so Hansol turned to walk away. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his wrist, and he looked back to find Joshua staring at him.

     "W- wait." Joshua cleared his throat. "I- there's one more thing that I want to do before you go, okay?"

     Hansol nodded nervously, and Joshua led him back through the amusement park. With a start, Hansol realized that they were headed for the ferris wheel, and he looked at Joshua curiously. What was the senior planning? Joshua didn't say anything as they waited in line or when they actually got on the ride, and Hansol was starting to get nervous. Finally, the ride started and it was then that Joshua started to speak.

    "Hansol... Thank you for agreeing to go on a date with me today."

     "Why wouldn't I?" Hansol half mumbled. "I mean, you're only like the most popular guy in our school and all. It's not like it's a big deal or anything. I mean, I've only had a crush on you for like, 4 years. You know, no big deal or anything."

     Joshua stared at him in shock.  "Seriously?" Realizing that he had spoken out loud, Hansol blushed deeply. 

     "Uh, w- well,  y- yeah..." He swallowed nervously. "Y- yeah. I... I really like you, Joshua... And I- I just l..." He stopped then when he realized that they had stopped at the very top of the wheel, looking around. The view was beautiful from here. The sky looked so clear, and in the distance they could see the river sparkling in the moonlight. Hansol glanced over to look at Joshua, starting when he realized that the older boy was staring at him with a smile. Joshua bit his lip for a second, then reached out one hand, lacing his fingers with Hansol's. Hansol blushed, looking away, but squeezed the senior's hand gently. Joshua returned the gentle squeeze, grinning when Hansol's blush deepened.

    "You're adorable," he whispered, pressing a soft, quick kiss to the tip of Hansol's nose.


A/N

Tada! ^^

I hope you like it ^^