9th

Cherry Blossom Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month has passed. They are in the new term. Winter has gone and it was glad for everybody to not feel so cold on spring. And the matchmakers are anticipating the new blossom of love because the spring is… coming. It sounds childish for Jiwon but Haneul said just go with their flow. Jiwon always sighs every time she remembers or is remembered that both of them should go with the flow. It’s not something that Jiwon wants. Why do they have to follow people so easily without having any rational thinking?

Because the whole class have been planning something, Haneul makes sure their plan go well. Jiwon just goes with him. Since it is a new semester, Jiwon is going to study a lot social skills from him, so she just lets this go.

Haneul intentionally tags along with her wherever she goes (with this she rarely can spend time with Boa), pats her head, puts his arm around her. Jiwon secretly minds with this, but she puts a poker-face in front of her friends. Boa is not sure again whether her friend is sincere or not, because that couple looks like real.

Just like Haneul said, Jiwon still studies diligently, listens to the lecturer but when the quiz time is coming, she soothes herself from the obsession in her. Haneul and Boa see that Jiwon is trying. Good for it. At one side, Boa is proud of Haneul that can make her like that.

“On weekend guys! Don’t forget!” Junho shouts while standing above the table. He acts like the class rep, but he isn’t. The others confirm they will go, so does Haneul. “Especially you!” he points to Haneul and the pointed one just laughs.

“Okay boss!” Haneul answers and he approaches Jiwon, who is talking with Boa, puts his arm around her shoulder. “Let’s go,” he said. Jiwon waves goodbye at Boa and Boa waves her back, kind of zone out seeing what happened before her.

“Looks like we bring them surprise,” Jiwon said nonchalantly about it. “How many times left until they are calmed with it?” Jiwon said her burden once again and Haneul just raises his shoulders.

“You want this to end quickly, very bad, don’t you?” he asks her, chuckling. Jiwon smirks.

“You bet,” she answers. Of course, she wants to. Haneul knows this, but he’s trying to keep her with him. Jiwon doesn’t know why Haneul is so eager to soothe their friends with something like this, but she doesn’t have the initiative to ask.

Haneul gives a ride to Jiwon. They always put an act after lesson then go home to their respective homes. For Jiwon, why should they hang out with each other anyway? It’s just faking anyway. In this way, Haneul goes with Jiwon to put any suspicion away from her.

“Say, this place is cool, right?” Junho said as he’s walking. The flower park is beautiful in spring. The cherry blossom flower is blooming and Jiwon is amazed by it. The inside couples are already spending their time alone. “Great, I’m ignored,” Junho is pissed off. The other singles are laughing at him. Haneul makes sure he walks beside Jiwon. “But, great thing is that we can see the rivals are having fun,” Junho smiles while moving his eyebrows up and down.

“It’s best for us to leave them alone,” said another friend but Junho refuses.

“First, let us find a place to sit,” he said and the other follows his where he walks, automatically follow their leads. Junho heaves a breath of relieve after finding a good pasture with the view of cherry blossom trees. “Okay, let’s settle all things,” they sit down and basically doing a picnic while making large circle unlike anybody else.

They’re talking and playing games. Even now Jiwon participates with them. It’s fun, well there’s might be something irritating sometimes but it’s part of having fun too with friends. Jiwon is enjoying her time talking with the girls until someone asks Haneul. “Hey, Haneul-a,” Haneul, who is being called, turns his face. “How far do you know Jiwon already?” everybody looks at Haneul enthusiastically waiting for his answer. This is bad, Jiwon thinks. They haven’t spent time with one another now their friends ask this kind of question?

“Well, do you guys really want to know?” he said, smiling teasingly to them. “It’s a secret between us,” he chuckles then the others show their disappointment. “Okay, kidding,” he chuckles again then looks at Jiwon. What lie do you want to say? That’s all Jiwon said from her expression. “She brings snack while studying,” he said. Jiwon starts to become anxious of his answer.

“Oh, really?” the other asks for confirmation, but Boa backs it up right away. Boa says, “Yeah. Snacks help her studying,” they don’t like Boa’s cover. “C’mon, did you tell him, Boa-ya?” Boa shakes her head.

“I once followed her to her secret place,” Haneul said and it rings the excitement again. He’s saying good stuff. Jiwon’s relieved.

“Another thing,” the demand is start rising. Jiwon sighs secretly, Haneul by chance already knows her reaction.

“Well, she likes mystery drama. Also likes to read novel. Gardening is her secret interest,” he starts blabbering while glances at her, Jiwon can’t do anything. “And… she finds anything she could do if she’s bored. Example, kicking stone while walking,” Jiwon widens her eyes. She doesn’t know Haneul knows that thing. Even Boa just realizes it now.

“That’s what I call information,” Junho adds the other. He looks to Jiwon then, is about asking the same thing. Jiwon is nervous, because she doesn’t know what to answer. She hopes he doesn’t ask her. “What about Haneul, Jiwon-a?” oh shoot! He asks her. Haneul, then, points to the cherry blossom tree, tells her to do something with it. Jiwon’s eyes are going here and there, signs of uneasiness.

“Um… he likes spring, cherry blossom tree!” she blabbers nothing she know about him. To Haneul, seems everything stopped around him. She knows without him telling her all about it. His gaze towards her is empty, like really surprised. Jiwon is trying to wake his senses up by waving at him. What is wrong with him?

“Is that right, Haneul-a?” Junho asks Haneul. As he turns face to Haneul, he sees his friend’s expression much like in shock, in an awe. “Hey, Haneul-a,” he shakes Haneul and then Haneul gets back to reality.

“Yeah?” Haneul responds. The others chuckle while Jiwon doesn’t know what’s going on with him.

“You’re much like in a love struck,” Junho said and the others agreed. Jiwon starts to put her guard, afraid if Haneul really likes her. It means that this whole thing is different that it should be.

After eating, talking, playing games, spending much time with the whole classmates, they decide to stroll in the park and let Haneul and Jiwon have their own time. “Have fun!” Boa said then leave them. Jiwon looks at Haneul, still curious about what happened back then, because he wasn’t himself.

“Shall we go?” she asks and Haneul stutters, reacts to her.

“O…okay,” he said like in a nervous state. Jiwon doesn’t want to have anything bad in mind, she lets that thought go.

They walk slowly, enjoying the beautiful scenery of the park. The flowers are giving her inspiration so much. After this, she decides to buy some flower seed. They stop at the midway, go the fence and admiring the view of the river in between the cherry blossom trees. “Beautiful, isn’t it?” Jiwon said in awe.

“Yeah,” Haneul agrees. The cherry blossom tree always relaxes him. The beautiful pink petals fall, the nice weather, it’s enough to make Haneul silent in one day. Not like usual, disturbing Jiwon with his words.

“Haneul-a,” she said then he looks at her. For him, she looks different today and this day is what he’s waiting the most. “What happened with you back then?” she asks and Haneul remembered.

He chuckles, remembering how stupid expression he must make and she happened to look at it. Everyone happened to look at it. “I was surprised,” he tells her honestly. “How do you guess correctly to the cherry blossom hint back then?”

Jiwon gasped. “Oh, really? I just randomly said it,” she says. Haneul shakes his head, doesn’t believe it. She chuckles. “Well, the cherry blossom kind of remind me of the childhood friend I had told you before,” then Haneul remembers it clearly what she had said. She turns her body to see the view of people walk around the path.

“What about him?” he asks her back. She smiles, remembering back then.

“He used to like cherry blossom tree. I don’t know now, since I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter