16th

Cherry Blossom Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walk but it fills with silence. It’s suffocating for both of them but they are still in doubt themselves whether they should talk or not. Since they are not in situation to do their college task again. He unlocks the doors and she just stares his car. Blankly. “Er… well, get in,” he says to her and she just looks to him, confused then she gets inside.

He drives like usual and she’s silent as usual. No one starts to talk. Her face is looking left, outside, without looking to him. But because it’s night, his resemblance sometimes appears on the window. “Can I ask you something?” he initiates and she starts to look at him.

She doesn’t know what she should answer. “Okay,” she is surprised by herself that word is coming out from .

Haneul is taking his time to talk again. It’s just for minutes, but it seems longer for both of them. Awkward and quiet. “Did you forgive me?” he finally can speak this. This one is always on his mind. He thinks it’s time for his to clear all things since he makes all like this.

Five minutes left, it’s almost close to her house and he doesn’t receive her answer yet. “Yeah… I think,” she says. The car stops at the red light and he’s looking at her. She knows his glance toward her so she looks at him back. “Yeah.”

He looks seriously to her. “Do you mean it? Really?”

She looks back seriously to him. “Yeah,” the green light is back on again. “Drive,” she wakes him up from the feelings once caught him for a while. “I mean, I thought it a lot. Why do we have to keep this longer? You know what I mean,” he understands what she says. “Just start something new,” she can’t believe she can say these wise things, and can’t believe she offers him to start something new.

Her neighborhood is on the right, but Haneul drives straight, far from it. She puts her hand on his arm, confused of what all of these mean. “Let’s talk for a while,” he tells his reasons of passing her house. He drives to nearby coffee shop.

She feels that this talk will be so deep than ever before.

“Can I ask many things? But I want your honest answer,” he explains. They sit down and just focus on themselves, the problem between them and how to solve it. She thinks this time is the best to solve all of it. She nods, agrees on his deal. She thinks, he must be nervous too to come to this point. “I’ll start,” and now she becomes nervous too. He takes a deep breath and ready for the first question. “Haven’t you listened to my CD?” she is surprised because he shoots (she thinks) the most important question.

She nods. “I have.”

“Why did you not text me?” he asks again, sounds kind of intimidating but she knows part of him kind of curio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter