10th

Cherry Blossom Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul’s birthday is around the corner. Jiwon doesn’t have any idea and she plans to just give him a congratulation message rather than make an event. She thought boys don’t like event, but the girls in her class insist for her to do it. Jiwon asks them to give her the plan and she will do it (because the girls said so).

He doesn’t expect anything from Jiwon, even though it’s just a bit. Actually, he wants to get something too but Jiwon is not a type like that. So, he doesn’t put his hopes high.

Jiwon decides to give him an acoustic music sheets for him to play, she doesn’t know if he already has it or not, the matter is she will give it to him so her friends can shut up. And she will put a cherry blossom petals when she wraps it. She asks Boa for help and it’s been a long time for Boa seeing Jiwon in this state.

“I bet things are going well with him?” Boa asks, smiling as she smells something good from them. Jiwon just raises her shoulders and focuses on picking the music book. “You’re attached to a boy again after that your first love,” rather than attached, it’s glued, it’s for you guys but let Boa has her own thoughts. “How are you planning to give it to him?” she asks when they arrived at the cashier.

“Just give it to him. The most importance thing is the heart, you know,” Jiwon answers her friend like that and she doesn’t even believe herself how she can say such cheesy things. She’s disgusted at herself. Boa chuckles, hearing Jiwon’s answer.

Boa is seeing her phone right now as she walks, but then she stops and calls Jiwon. The one who is called comes to her and asks what happened. Boa shows the group chat. “Haneul is making a party in his flat,” Boa says. Jiwon reads the whole chat and just oh. She doesn’t know what he’s planning, but let him throw a party.

At night, Jiwon calls him asking what he’s planning to do. “Nothing, I just want to spend time with everybody,” that’s what he said but she still doesn’t believe him. “Well, since it’s my birthday, you just have to prepare yourself,” he said like a threat. Right, he must be planning something. Jiwon sighs.

“I hope it’s nothing strange,” she warns him. Haneul just chuckles.

“Of course not,” he confirms. “But if you want something strange, I don’t mind…”

“Shut up!” Jiwon said and hangs up. Haneul grins widely. He’s really looking forward to it, her reactions, how the others react. He thinks it will be the best birthday ever.

Here comes the day. Jiwon already prepares the present and she comes with Boa, because Boa doesn’t know where he lives. They take the public bus. Along the way, Boa always asks how his flat looks like and else, Jiwon gets irritated with it. “You’ll know it,” she said coldly and Boa is slightly taken aback but chuckles. Boa thinks that Jiwon’s jealous.

They arrive. Jiwon takes her for a walk until in front of his flat. It seems like everybody is already there because as soon as they come in, the voices can be heard downstairs and gladly they’re not using their loud voices here. “Nice flat,” Boa comments and Jiwon agrees to it. Sure it’s a nice flat. “How many times you come here?” she asks, Jiwon just shows the ‘two’ hand sign and Boa nods. “You should come here more often,” this makes Jiwon looks at her strangely.

The loud chants and applause comes as soon as Jiwon comes inside and it’s overboard. She looks at her friends strangely and goes to Haneul who is standing beside his dining table and the classmates surround him there. Haneul said that Jiwon should stick close to him when he wants to blow the candles. She feels something bad will happen.

Junho starts the birthday song and everybody follows him after. The song is finished, Haneul blows the candle and starts to cut the cake. He cuts it and first cake is given to Jiwon. “Let’s take a picture!” Junho says and he’s on standby being the photographer for Jiwon and Haneul. In Junho’s hands, there’s Haneul’s phone with him. “Look here!” Junho says to Jiwon and Haneul. It’s very awkward for her, but Haneul calmly puts his hand around her shoulder and they smile for the picture. Junho asks for another one, Jiwon doesn’t know what pose she should give. Well, a smile again but then Haneul aims for her cheeks and others chant for it.

Jiwon shakes her head. Haneul really likes to make news about them. Many times Jiwon told him they don’t have to be like this, but he thinks differently on this. The second picture of Haneul gives Jiwon a peck is saved right to his phone.

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter