Chapter 7:

Everything Has Changed

His mother help him to prepare anything for his party tonight, while his sister just enjoy watching television.

“Did you meet her again in Korea?,” her mom asked when he busy preparing for party, Jonghyun looks confused, “the girl you meet 15 years ago at playground..” she asked about Yura.

“She is became a beautiful woman,” he indirectly tell his mom that he meet her before, “Mom, I’ll go to supermarket, I think we need more meat, ” he takes a leave with his car to the supermarket, “is she already check out from the hotel?, whats wrong with me?,” before goes to supermarket, he decided to come to hotel, the place Yura stayed for three days.

While in the hotel, Yura looks busy, it’s already 10 Am, while her plane already take off 30 minutes ago,

“I must be crazy, why that kind of thing always happen to me...what should I do now..,” the flight agency already give her a notice that tomorrow at 10 Am there is a flight to Korea and she bought one ticket for that, now the problem is her money in her ATM not enough to book one night in this hotel, so she must look for another place that have lower price. She return the room key to the receptionist and check out from hotel, when he try to search solution from her problem, someone come to her mind,

“Should I ask his help, he must know a lot of place in Toronto more than me,” she try to search Jonghyun’s number, but she still hesitant to press the call button. Suddenly, a voice appear from her back,

“You want to call me?,” he asked Yura.

“Oh my god..why are you here?,” Yura try to avoid aye contact with him.

“I thought your plane was already take off, I’ll drive you to airport,” he offer to Yura.

“That’s right, the plane already take off, I can’t go back to Korea today,” she explain her situation right now to Jonghyun.

“So, when will yo go back to Korea?.”

“Tomorrow morning,” suddenly Jonghyun slighty smile because of her answer, if she go back to Korea tomorrow, she can join his party right?. Yura tell him that she is already check out from the hotel, and it’s a pity that her money was not enough to book for one more night in that hotel, so she want Jonghyun to help her to look for another place with lower place, but Jonghyun,

“You can stay at my house tonight, today there is a party in my house, you can join it,” Yura looks hesitant, “don’t worry, there are my parent and my sister in the house,” his word assured Yura.

“If it’s not make your family burdened, I’ll be really grateful,” when he heard Yura’s answer he immedietly take her luggage and put into his car.

“But, before go to my house, you can accompany me to go to supermarket right?, I must buy meat for today party,” she asked Yura when Yura put her seatbelt.

“Ah..it’s okay. I’ll choose a good meat for you, ” she smile when she heard meat.

In supermarket, Yura busy choosing a good meat and Jonghyun busy observing Yura, she looks like a housewife  he said in soft voice, when Yura talked to herself, Jonghyun smile, is she meat specialist?.

“This meat, it’s good for party,” Yura give him the meat that she thought a good one, “Do you need more..?,” she asked Jonghyun whether the meat is not enough, Jonghyun take another meat and order to wrap the meat that Yura choosed.

Jya..we’ll go home know,” Jonghyun take all of the thing that he bought and Yura follow him from behind. When they reached the car, Yura called someone to let her know that she can’t comeback to Korea today,

Unni, mianhae...it’s happen because my sleeping habbit, I’ll take off tomorrow..hmm gomawo,” and then end her called.

“Your unni..?,” Jonghyun asked Yura who was she, Yura answer it with a nod, “Yujin-ssi?,” Yura look shocked that Jonghyun know her sister name, she never tell him about her sister.

“How did you know about my sister name?..ahh..did Dongwook oppa tell you about her?,” she said Dongwook name, and Jonghyun..ah..Dongwook-ie, I just remember that she is his girlfriend. Suddenly, he become gloomy after hearing Dongwook name, and forgot to answer Yura’s question, “Dongwook oppa tell you about it?,” she asked him once again.

“Dongwook oppa?, you called him oppa?,” when they first meet, he never heard she called him oppa.

“Ah..is it strange..?, I usually called him oppa, but on that day when we first meet, because I were not in a good mood, so I didn’t called him oppa. He is two years older than me, so I must called him oppa, right?,” Jonghyun just smiled while he heard her answer.

“Yes, he tell me about your sister.” On the way to Jonghyun’s house, the atmosphere doesn’t look good. They just silently sit and Jonghyun look so concentrate at driving,

“Ah..Jonghyun-ssi, should we hear some music, it’s just too quiet,” Yura suggested to Jonghyun, Jonghyun turn on the music. When they reached Jonghyun’s house, Yura look amazed with Jonghyun’s house,

“Wah..is this house?, it’s look like a castle,” she talk to herself.

“This way,” Jonghyun shows the way to Yura. It’s not an odd scene that his house is so wide, because his parent have some bussines in Canada and Korea. A poll and greeny garden in the back house, a big living room and kitchen, three rooms in second floor and a spare room in first floor, “Mom, she is Dongwook’s girlfriend from Korea,” he introduce her as Dongwook girlfriend to his mom, seem like his mom know Dongwook well.

“Dongwook?, ah..Wook-ie?, welcome to our house. When he was in Canada, he often come to our house,” she looks at Yura luggage, “what are those?,” she point it out.

Annyonghaseyo, I’m Yura. And, this is my luggage,” she explain her situation right now.

“Ah..is that so?, it’s okay you can stay here tonight, Dongwook often come here and sleep in Jonghyun’s room, so you can consider as your house, ” she take the plastic bag in Jonghyun’s hand and look at Jonghyun face, “what’s wrong with your face?, accompany her to the spare room,” she hit Jonghyun hand. Yura look at Jonghyun’s face, that face doesn’t look good,

“Is it a burden for you if I stay here?,” Yura’s question shocked Jonghyun, she thought that Jonghyun’s mood now is not good because of her.

“No, it’s noy like that. It’s your room, you can take a rest, we have party at 5 Pm, you can join us,” he opens the door for Yura and put Yura luggage next to the bed.

“Thank you,” Jonghyun left Yura.

Yura choose to help the family to prepare for the party, she become closer to Jonghyun’s sister, Miley. When Jonghyun joined with them, Yura look at his face once again, his face is still the same, yeah he’s not in a good mood right now,

“What’s wrong with your face, brother?,” Miley asked Jonghyun when he sit beside her, Yura curious about that too.

“Why?, don’t say harsh thing about my face.”

“What did I said?, wash your face, it’s doesn’t look good. It’s almost 5 Pm, your friend will come,” she pushed Jonghyun so he goes to wash his face, “Unni, change your shirt, we’ll have a garden party.”

When the guests come, the party begin. The barbeque party, it’s not that extravagant. They had small talk while griling the meat and the sausage, Jonghyun’s mood look good now, because his friends come. Miley come closer to Yura and pull Yura hand to walk away from the crowd,

“They talked about the boring thing, I can’t talk with them,” Miley said when she and Yura sit on the bench, far away from the crowd, “bussiness thing, can they talked about the happy thing?, why always about money,” she complain to Yura.

“If you at their age, the money talk will be your first topic,” Miley look like agree to Yura’s words, “because you are not in their age, you feel it’s a boring topic,” and they talked about their childhood story.

“So, until now, you didn’t meet him?,” Miley asked.

“Hmm, that’s right. Jya..let’s go there..I’ll finish the story here, it’s become darker, tomorrow I must go back to Korea,” they back to the crowd, when about 10 o’clock, one by one, the guests go home and Yura prepare to sleep, when she lied down on the bed, she facing the open window,

“Ah..this house is so nice, when you open the window the night scenery is really nice, ” she get up, take her sweeter and come out from the room. She sees the stars and smile to them, “they are really amazing, the dark sky became really beautifull because of them,” while she look up to the sky, someone look at her from second floor,

“Why I’m in bad mood after heard you call Dongwook your oppa?, it’s not like I love you, I just happy seeing you again after 15 years, but it’s just..I feel hurt when I realize that you already had a boyfriend,” he just look at her direction, “do you like stars so much..?,” he asked her loudly, make her stratled from his sudden question.

“It’s shock me, I thought I’m here by myself,” she talk softly, “Yes, I like them, they are just so amazing,” and look up to the sky again.

“It’s already this late, I think you must sleep so tomorrow we won’t late,” after that he entered the room.

“We?,ah..yes..thank you,” and she enter to her room.

In the morning, his family’s driver drive them to the airport, they took the same plane but different seat, on the way to the plane, they just keep silent, Yura want to start the talk, but she doesn’t catch the timing, so in the end,

“Here my seat, I’ll seat here, see you later,” Yura sit on her seat and Jonghyun just nod to response Yura, and head to his seat, not that far from Yura seat.

While in Korea, the preparation for the new customer of Yuu wedding organizer is already 50%, Yujin and Dongwook work togather to succes it, but Yujin still hide it from Yura,

“I’m happy because of your bad habit...for the first time,” now she is in Yura room looking at the hanging photos and slightly smile “I think, Hong Jonghyun is Jjong.”

After Yura called Yujin...

“Dongwook’s friend?, she know his Canadian’s friend?,” she tried to call Dongwook, but he didn’t pick up her call, “ah..it’s already late, I’ll ask tomorrow.”

Dongwook come to her office to give her the pre-wedding photos,

“Is there your friend named Hong Jonghyun?,” she asked him after she check the photos, “Yura know him too?.”

“Jonghyun?, how do you know  him?, hmm, we meet when I came to Canada to study. Ah, I intruduce her to Jonghyun last time, so she know him. Why you asked about that?,”

“Actually, today Yura come from Canada, but because of her bad habit, she was late to came to the airport and she meet your friend in Canada, because she doesn’t have enough money to stay in hotel, so he sugest her to stay in his house,” she explain the detail.

“What..?his house,” he shocked after heard that.

“There are his family in his house, that look doesn’t suit you. It’s look like you jealous of him.”

“I’m her boyfriend, so it’s normal,” after hearing that, Yujin burst of laugh.

“Boyfriend?, don’t joke around, stop it. So, what kind of person Hong Jonghyun is?,” she asked Dongwook.

“Why you asked about him?, you always like that, want to know the detail about the person who seem close to your sister,” although he complain about it, Dongwook still tell her about Jonghyun, “He is a Korean and start live in Canada when he was in middle school, her mom married a businessman and stay in Canada. About 2 weeks ago, he come to Korea to do his father business, an artist management. Should I show you his photo?,” he asked Yujin while take his phone in his pocket and show it to Yujin, “That photo take in Canada, about four years ago, when I came to Canada,” Yujin look at the photo thoroughly and she feel that she meet him before,

“I think I meet someone like this before, a child...there are similiarities in their face. Who was that child...”

For full fill her desire, here she is, in her sister room, she look for her sister childhood photos because she surely know about that child from Yura. And, photos hanging on red thread, the photo that she looking for not there because Yura take it, but..”I think, my feeling right. But, Yura didn’t recognize him from the start?, she always looking at that photo and dream about him, but it doesn’t effect to her weak memories,” she smile once again.