Chapter 13:

Everything Has Changed

After party, Jonghyun drive Yura to the playground in their neighbourhood, Jonghyun lead her to the seesaw. Yes, Yura already know what he want to talk to her, but she pretened didn’t know about it,

“You didn’t brought coat?,” he asked Yura who look chilled, without heard Yura’s reply, Jonghyun give her his coat and put it on her, “don’t forget to bring coat if you go out in night, because it’s cold.” Yura look at him and smile because of his consideration, “wanna hear my childhood story?,” suddenly he bring out about his childhood.

“You want to tell me your story?, is it alright?,” she asked him back, and he reply with a nod, Yura smile to him, “then..tell me..”. He start his story,

“It’s from 15 years ago, in this playground..in this see saw, I saw her for the first time, she was the one who approached me and she was the only child in this playground who wanted to talked to me. As a child, I were not really talk active, but if someone approached me first, I won’t hesitant to be friend with her/him. She asked me my name, I told her my nickname, not my real name, so she told me her nickname too. It was only three hours we talked to each other, but strangely I feel that we already closed, she feel that too. We often meet up at this playground, three hours..we spent three hours in three months. Because of it, I really like number three, everytime I joined in sport club, I’ll choosed number three as my number, because I feel that it’s my lucky number. In that three months, we shared many things, we know each other even more..sometime we fought over something, but we’ll get along again and forget our fight. And, until that day..when my mother decided to leave my father and take me with her..I must said good bye to her..Although we separated from that day, I can’t forget her until today.” Jonghyun look at Yura who listen his story without make sound, she smile when he said that he can’t forget her until today. Yura takes a deep sigh and start her words...

“She can’t forget him too..because he said to her that they will meet again, someday.” Yura sudden words, make Jonghyun frozen, she tell him about their childhood story, from her side..”She often come to this palyground, because this playground was the only place that they know with a hope that she will meet him. She didn’t get tired, and always come to this playground..until that day..when her parent passed away..she couldn’t come to this playground nor to this neighborhood because she’ll remember the incident that make her parent passed away.” Jonghyun shocked after heard about her parent’s died.., ”But after two years, she come here and take a picture of this see saw, and  there is someone in that photo, do you know who is he..?,” Yura gives him a polaroid photo, “I think his back look familiar to me,” she smile to Jonghyun, and Jonghyun smile back to her after look at the polaroid photo and knowing who is the one Yura talking about..”why are you smiling to me, do you know who is he?,” Yura look at Jonghyun, her eyes watery, the tears will fall.

“Is it me?, I came here long time ago, when I decided to comeback to Korea, the first place that I want to visit was this playground, I came with a hope that I’ll meet her again. But, why you have her polaroid photo..?,” he asked..he know that she is Yul, but he want to play along with her story, Yura’s tears suddenly fall, but she keep smile...

“Jjong-ah..” heard that name from ..Jonghyun suddenly pull her body and hug her tight, “for not recognized you from the start, I’m so sorry...” she didn’t hug him back, but she didn’t avoid his hug.

“It’s not like I recognized you from the start, I know it from that photo..the photo from your wallet. For not told you when I know that you are Yul..I’m so sorry for that..”

“It’s okay. I’m the one who make you affraid to told me about the truth, right?. Because I told you about my trauma that day..am I right?,” she hug him back and pating his back.

“Before you told me about your trauma, I already know that you are Yul..but I’m hesitant to told you back then..”

“Then..why you didn’t told me back then?,” Yura asked. Because, back then..don’t know why..my mood down when I know you had boyfriend..so I want to keep close to you as a man who just know you, not a man who know you from 15 years ago. In other word, I want you look at me as a man who can fall in love with you, not a man who stand by your side as friend. He said it in his own mind, without telling her, “Aii...talk loudly so I can hear your reason..”

“I don’t know..just I can’t tell you.”

“It’s okay. Should I greet you as someone who just meet me after long time, Jjong-ah?,” she asked Jonghyun and push his body from her, Jonghyun response it with a nod, “How have you been?, it’s really long time, right?, you became more handsome...”

“The last word, is that from your deepest heart?,” Jonghyun become uncertain, because she suddenly praised him.

“The handsome one?,” she’s grining...

“Am I change..?, is there something that make you upset?.”

“Hmm..you change..so much, and there is something that upset me..,” Jonghyun shocked by her reply.

“What kind of thing that change in me?,” he asked.

 “Change?, your face change, your height change too, it’s make me didn’t recognized you at first sight. Back then..you smaller than me, eventhough you older than me. The thing that upset me is, when you said good bye to me you made a sad face, made me more sad, but hat is this?, I think after that you live happily without me, right?,” she slightly touch Jonghyun shoulder. “You grow up so well, despite your family’s problem..you said to me that your parent decided to divorced, right?, You become a cool man now, even make a hottest model fall in love with you..” she bring up the topic, about Irene. Jonghyun look at closely at bubbly Yura who can’t stop her own mouth when she said something,

“You didn’t change..back then you always like this..made thousand question to asked to me..and you’ll get angry if I replied with a simple answer. But, you grow up prettily..despite your problem with your sister.” Yura smile to him.

“Ah..that problem, I already forget about it, why you bring it up again?. In fact not everything had changed..my sister, Dongwook and you..it’s just I don’t really know about them.”

“What are you talking about?,” Jonghyun asked to Yura.

“Because not everything had changed, I won’t affraid if someone or something from my past comeback to me. It’s not that bad to let someone or something from past comeback to you, because it’s make you look back..what you have done and tried to correct the wrong one. I think...you cured my trauma..At first I keep denied that you are Jjong..but deep inside my heart, I think it’s better if Jjong is you, because I know you are a good person. My thought  isn’t wrong, right?, you won’t make my trauma back to me by saying that what I know about you until know is a lie, right?.”

“What are you saying?, was that your sister’s word?, ‘all the thing you know until now are lie’?.” he asked to Yura.

“Why suddenly bring up about my sister?, just tell me so that my trauma really cure.”

“The person who stand in front of you, who you know until now..his personallity, his face, his addres, his job...all are true. It’s me, Jjong..your old friend who comeback to you,” Jonghyun’s reply make Yura happy.

“Ah..thanks god,” she smile once again to Jonghyun, “welcome back, Jjong..”

“Nice to meet you, Yul...”

The next morning, Yura meet with Irene to do fitting. Because of her busy schedule, she can’t spare a time to meet Yura even for one minute. So, today she’ll meet her and make an explanation about her relationship with Jonghyun,

“So, can’t you do it in two weeks?,” she asked after sit in front of Yura, “I don’t have much time, because the event is closer. What do you think?, you can do it, right?.”

“I’ll do my best to finish it in two week, so you won’t regret choosed me as your designer,” Yura stand and start to do fitting, “so I’ll measure your body, so it’ll be fit in your body. So, the event will be held in Jeju?,” Yura tried to make it more comfortable.

“Hmm..in Jeju, wanna go with me?.”

“Why you asked me that question..?, ah..by the way..I want to tell you something..,” Yura want to tell her about Jonghyun.

“Something that my manager said to you..you want to confirmed that?,” she knew it.

“About me and Jonghyun, I just know that he is my old friend that I meet 15 years ago, I didn’t decieved you..because I just know it..and about our relationship..it’s no more than friend..”

“You can’t guarantee it, right..that your relationship will be remind as a friend?,” Yura shocked with her question, for now Yura can say that they just friend, no more than that, but she doesn’t know about later, would it be remind as a friend or more than a friend, “I won’t greedy to make him loves me, I just realized that a smile can be mean in many way, his smile to me all this time was just a simple smile..that he give to his other artist. I can’t compare his smile to me to his smile to you, right?, because it’s really different.” Yura didn’t understand what she’s talking about, butr she give her a smile, “I want to stay focus at my career, as you know I’m a rookie. So, I’m sorry if my words lately made you hurt.”

“It’s okay. Let’s meet in ten days, I’ll bring it for you, my best dress,” Yura want to shake hand with her, she smile to Yura and said,

“I’ll wait a good news from you and our president,” and leave Yura confused, what is she talking about good news, but Yura who is confused just wave her hand to her and then she take her phone, she’s calling someone..

“Can I meet you today?, do you have time?,” she asked, “okay, let’s meet at cafe near your studio in an hours,” she ended the call and leave the meeting room. She meet Jonghyun in fron’t of management building,

“How was the meeting with Irene?, there is no problem, right?,” he asked her.

“hmm..there isn’t. Where have you come from?,” she asked him.

“A meeting with investor, where are you going?, do you want me to drive you?,” he offer to her, and she smile to him.

“I don’t think you have a time to drive me there, because our boss really busy today. Pick up the phone, I’ll leave now,” and she leave him after pated his shoulder.

“Ya..wait, I can drive you there,” after he said that, someone tell him that someone is waiting for him in his office room.

*

Yura waiting for someone in a cafe, she order a drink so her waiting won’t be bored..she look at someone who just enter the cafe,

“Sorry, I’m late..” it’s look like he runs to this cafe, his studio is in this neighboorhood, he can walk calmly, but he come to the cafe running, it’s because he really want to meet her, want to talk to her, want do something with her, “is there something you want to tell me?,” he asked after sit comfortably.

“I think, you order a drink first. I’ll tell you after you have a drink,” then he leave her to order a drink, he’s back with a glass of coffee in his hand,

“What is that?, the thing you want to tell me,” he said after had a sit and drink his coffee.

“About my old friend..I already know about him.., I sensed it before you told me, and yesterday, he revealed it to me. Strangely, I were not angry after knowing he hide the fact from me while staying closed to me. Do you know, why am I not angry to him ..?what kind of feeling is that?,” she asked the weird question to her ex-boyfriend.

“Why are you asking that kind of question to me?, how did I know about that..” he looks angry because of her question, why she asked about a feeling for another man in front of a man who still love her,

“The thing that I’m talking about is not a feeling that you are thinking, it’s just a feeling of meeting an old friend from a long time, and the old friend even grow up in that good state, it’s beyond my imagination. Why am I not angry to him?, it’s because the old friend in my imagination is exactly like him. Before I meet him, I imagine that he’ll grow up handsomely, and so he is. He’ll grow up to a good person, eventhough he grow up under a family problem, and so he is. It’s make my imagination turn out to be true, the other thing is...the one who make him can’t revealed about his real identity to me was because of my trauma that I told him. The trauma that appear because of my dearest people,” he can’t say a word to her after she said that because he know that the dearest people are him and her sister, “you should stop now, if you continue doing this, your friendship will become worse.”

“Why are you doing this to me?, It’s like you start fall in love with him, am I right?,” he asked because he feel that she start love him.

“What are you talking? Fall in love?, I’m doing this because I thought that you and him became like this because of me, but you make your own interpretation for what I did for you two. I came here with a good intention, but you doing this to me. I want to became friend to you after what you’ve did to me, but you like this again?.”

“Are you talking about it to Jonghyun too?. And I don’t want to be just your friend, I want more than that.”

“Don’t you think you are too greedy?You want to comeback to me after what you had done to me?. I’ll ask Jonghyun too after this. And, I don’t want to fight with you, so if you don’t want to do what I want from you, it’s okay. I thought that you’ll changed to a good person and learn from what happen, but I were wrong. Okay, I’ll leave now, I ‘ll give you another chance, a chance to became my friend. Think it carefully, it’s not for my own good, but for your own good.” She leave Dongwook who stil can’t mastering his anger.

“Yura-yah, don’t you know what I want now?. Why are you like this to me?.” He leave the café with a bad state, he goes limp to his studio, in front of the studio he meet Yujin,

“Dongwook-ah. Where are you from?,” Yujin asked but there isn’t reply from him, “yah..what wrong with you?, you look like a dead person..” she held his hand and leads him to his studio, “bring him a warm water, I think he is sick, his face so pale,” she order one of Dongwook staff. Dongwook lied down his body on the sofa, Yujin sit next to him, “tell, what’s wrong with you?, are you sick?”

“I came from meeting Yura at the café nearby.” He reply with a soft voice.

“Really?, she want to meet you?. But, didn’t you want to meet her?, why are you in this state after meet her?, did she said something bad to you?,” she asked too much question.

“Yah..ask one by one. Hmm, I want to meet her, but I’m not expect her to said something like that to me, I’m still shocked right now, she really hate me..she didn’t want to comeback to me.”

“Something?, what is that?”

“She told me that she already know that Jonghyun is Jjong, even before I told her. And she told me that, she didn’t angry at him although he hide the fact that he is Jjong and continue to stay next to her, she even asked me ‘do you know why am I not angry to him?’, how am I supposed to reply that kind of question.”

“She can’t angry to him because she really want him to comeback to her and, I think she really love him, after all he hided it to her, it’s something bad, right?, but she can’t get angry to him?, what do you think is that,it’s love .” She make her own interpretation.

“Don’t say thing like that in front of me,” his staff come and give him a warm water.

“Get well soon,” and leave the room.

“You want to take revenge to him?, for the pain you get?,” the evil Yujin come out again.

“What are you saying?, doing bad things again?. She said that she’ll give me a chance, at least to became her friend. After thinking it, I think that I’m too greedy, after all I make her in pain and she even had trauma because of us.

“You changed so fast, I thought you want to take a revenge to him. Why are you became so weak?.”

“I’m not weak, it’s because I can’t lose my friends. You must do good things, so there is someone will always by your side, at least make up with your sister,” his words make her in bad mood

“Why you said words ‘made up’ to me?, I won’t do that. I still had someone next to me though,” she look at Dongwook, “you won’t go to her ide too right?,” she asked with an evil eyes.

“What are you saying with those eyes. I think, I’ll take the chance so I still can see her happy face, so she not hate me anymore. So, if she give you a chance, take it.”

“What are you talking..why she give a chance, I’m comfortable with this..she live far away from me.”

“Don’t lie to me. You feel lonely at home, right?.”

“I’ll leave now, your brain really mess up tight now.” She leave him in his room with an anger face,

“Why would I make up with her, it’s not like what had happen to her are my fault.” When she about to open the door, she turn her head, “I just let you know, if friendship end up as love, it’s possible. But if love end..and will the friendship will countinue, it’s impossible. In other words, it’s possible for Jonghyun to end ap as Yura’s boyfriend, but it’ll be hard for you as her ex-boyfriend to be her friend. If you want, just give a try, if it were me, I won’t even give a try, cause it’ll be hurt me, bye.” And she really leave the room, Dongwook is still thinking,

“What she said..it can be right, but it can be wrong. I want to give a try, I don’t want to be a bad person for them.”