Chapter 18:

Everything Has Changed


 

Yura still smiling happily because she has said what she want to say yesterday to Jonghyun,

Are you that happy?, your smile never leave your face since yesterday,” Hyeri comes to play to Yura house.

I feel relieved, hmm finally I can say those words…” and then drink her hot chocolate.

Don’t be too happy, you still don’t know he’ll wait for you or not..if he runs away and look for another girl, what will you do?,” Hyeri asked try to scare Yura.

If he do that, then he’ll be a losers. I’m a women, and I could beared to wait for him for 15 years, if he can’t wait for me in 5 day or 15 days..he’ll be a loser.”

Okay..okay, I understand. Don’t said those words with those scary face,” she turn Yura head that face her when she talked to her.

Yura back to her world, smiling again and again..and then a messege come to her phone, she open the messege,

Wow, no doubt. She is really beautifull,” Hyeri who doesn’t know what she’s talking about asked her, “today will be Irene’s best day..she get award from model award event..and the dress that I design for her will be make her more confident,” Hyeri take a look at the photo that Yura show to her.

She’s model after all, she’ll look pretty whatever she wore,” and then give back Yura’s phone.

My dress will make her more pretty, you saw that, right?,” she said it proundly, “I never know that I have talent to design a dress beside wedding dress,” and then reply to Irene messege, “You look pretty, good luck on today event..fighting..,” Yura typing messege while talking.

And you must be greatfull to someone who give you the chance to designed a dress beside wedding dress, right?,” Hyeri said to Yura, Yura glared to Hyeri in response. Hyeri talked about Jonghyun who give Yura chance to design another dress beside wedding dress.

I know, I should be greatfull towards him who give this job,” a messege come again, “what?, she held a party..tomorrow. She invite me.”

It’s good, you can meet Jonghyun there.”

Does she invite him too?, you still don’t know.”

It’s management party, right?. If it’s management party, she should invite her president,” Hyeri grining, “you should come too..and give him your answer…”

Aii…it’s too short..tomorrow..not even a week, I’ll make him wait more than 5 days..,” she is unwavering.

I know that you are afraid too, afraid that he’ll leave you once again after this, why ou stil did that?, because of your pride as a women?. I made this for you,” Hyeri give her a bowl of ramen.

Thank you..hmm, actually you are right. I’m afraid that he’ll leave me, but stil..I think is the best way to punish him..,” and eat her ramen.

Okay maam..I’m understand..” they eat ramen together.

*

You must come tonight..

7 o’clock at N restaurant….


 

A messege from Irene, Yura look at her phone..doesn’t reply to her messege, she want to come..but if she really invite Jonghyun..what should she do then?, she can’t give him her answer today, but if they keep meeting like this..it’s bad,

I’ll come..with a mindset..that I came for Irene..not for Jonghyun..so my focus is Irene.” She reply I rene’s messege, said that she’ll come for her. Not long after replied Irene messege, a call come from her sister,

You’ll come to my office today?,” she asked her sister.

Hmm..I’’l come to your office at lunch time..I’ll bring foods there..I already made some Korean foods..”she answer while preparing the food.

You cooked?, for what?, just order.”

We didn’t have a party after our reconcilement, so I made some food for us, I’ll be there in two hours..” and then she end the call. After dressing prettily, she come out from her apartement and Jonghyun car pass by her aprtement, she frozen in exit door,

Why am I like this?, it’s just his car, not like he’ll come out from his car and come to me..” and she continue her walk, she is frozen once again after heard his voice from her back, “calm down,” she softly said that and turn her head to her.

Where are you going?,” he asked, he look nervous too.

Ahh..sister’s office,” and showing two bag paper that full off foods to him.

Get in my car, I’ll drive you there,” his offer makes Yura more nervous, she can feel that her cheeks are red.

No, I just call the taxi, it’ll come in one minutes or two minutes.” Not long after she said that, the taxi come, “I’ll go first, thank you for your offer,” and get in to the taxi.

You make it more awkward Yul-ah,” Jonghyun said after Yura leave.

Yura enter Yuu wedding organizer building, Yujin’s staffs look at her strangely. Someone who had a fight with her sister, come to her sister office with a big smile,

Unni..you come?,” one of Yujin staff who close to Yura greet her.

I want to have lunch with unni..I leave first..let’s have talk letter. Have a nice lunch..,” she loudly said that so the other staff hear it. She come in to her sister office and happily greet her, “hello my lovely sister..”, her sister look at her weirdly.

Yah..don’t be too loud, it’s office. Just come in, and let’s eat..”

It’s like you don’t want me to be here.”

Don’t be so melancolis again, just sit and let’s eat..” Yura open the lunch book that she brought and eat the food with her sister happily, “the one that make me miss you is your food..after you leave my house, I rarely, eat at home,” she said while eating the food, Yura grining..

Wah..I just know that you love me so much, unni,” Yujin look at Yura weirdly.

I don’t think you are in good state right now, wanna warp up this lunch and just go home, you still jobless until today?” Yura shake her head cutely and Yujin continue eat,

I finished my contract two days ago, why?, want to give me a job?,” Yura asked to Yujin.

My wedding organizer already have a new designer, want to fire her and hire you again?,”Yura smile to her sister while shaking her head, “so, did you meet Dongwook even after break up?,” suddenly she asked that question.

The last time I saw him was when I go to Your house to make up with you..after that I don’t see him, because he doesn’t want to see me.” She keep eating the food.

What do you mean?,” Yujin asked.

He said to me that he can’t meet me again, at least for one month or two months..after that he’ll be fine if he meet me again,” Yura give Yujin explanation.

Hmm..you said that after this you’ll go to party?,” Yujin asked and Yura noded, “what kind of party?, don’t drink too much, who will handle your drinking habit when the one who always beside you when you drank can’t come,” she talking about Dongwook.

Eii..I won’t drink too much. There isn’t something that make me stress lately, so I won’t drink. That’s Irene’s party, congratulation party..” and then eat again.

There isn’t?, really?. Then, answer for Jonghyun’s conffesion that still hanging..I guess it’s not make you stress, because you already have the answer but still don’t know the right time to tell him, right?.” Yujin start to playing joke on her sister, and it’s for the first time.

Unni, why talking about that?,” Yura protested.

Okay, sorry. I’ll drive you there, where is the location?,” she asked to Yura.

N restaurant,” Yura answered.

Ahh..in Gangnam?, ok, I’ll drive you there. Just wait until my work done, have a talk with my staffs, I think they really miss you..,” she drink the water and back to her work, “thank you for the meal, clean this..I’ll finish my work..” Yujin with her reason that she must back to her work take adventage and made Yura, the chief, cleaning the table,

We eat together..so we must clean this together too, right?,” Yura protest to Yujin, but Yujin can’t hear it..so Yura cleaning the table by herself. After have talk with her juniors, she back to her sister’s office room and saw that her sister finished her work,

Get ready..we’ll leave in 10 minutes,” after heard that Yura run to the toilet to see if there something wrong in her dressing and make up, after that she wait for her sister in her car, “wanna drive?, I guess you miss my car,” without hear Yura’s reply, Yujin give the key to Yura.

Aii..you want me to be your driver, but you said it with a nice words..” and she changed her seat to the driver seat, Yujin sit next to her, “you offered to me that you’ll drive me there, but now I’m the one who drive there..” Yura protest once again.

Be quiet..let’s go there calmly..and safely..” after Yujin put her seat belt, Yura start the machine and ready to go.

Do you have any plan tonight?,” Yura asked after 15 minutes.

Hmm..I have an appoinment around here, it’s here, N restaurant. It’s not too late, come in and meet Jonghyun there..”

How did you know..Jonghyun will be there?.”

Irene is his management artist..shouldn’t he be there if she held a congratulation party..?,” what she said..is the same as Hyeri.

Be careful on your way,” Yura come out from Yujin car and wave her hand.

I wish you’ll survive tonight, fighting,” Yujin change her seat to driver seat.

Survive?..unni..stop it..” and then Yujin car leave Yura in front of the restaurant.

*

Yura POV:

I’m looking for Irene, but she is nowhere. A waiter approached me and ask me,

Is there anything I can do for you, maam?,” he asked.

I’m looking for Irene Kim..Model Irene Kim, she invite me to her party in N restaurant..” I replied to him.

Please go this way..Irene-ssi want to have a barbeque party in our garden, so we prepare it there,” he show me the way to the garden, yup, in there..there is a party..but isn’t she crazy..want to do garden party in this cold weather.

Thank you,” I said and he leave me. I walk closer to the crowd..a voice greet me, Irene’s manager.

Yura-ssi,you come?, it’s glad to see you, Irene-ah..Kim designer is here,” he called Irene who still have a talk with some girls, Irene turn her head and wave her hand to me, I walk closer to her,

It’s my designer for the dress that I wear las night, Kim Yura..” she introduce me to her models friends, they bow to me, so I’m, “let’s go there,” she asked me to come with her, “enjoy the food,” she say good bye to her friends and pull my hand to a table that full of food, “you can eat those food..or you can join the barbeque team..there. Would you like to drink?,” she give me two glass..one glass is orange juice and one glass is wine, I take the glass that contain orange juice, “just take this,” she take the juice and give me wine.

If you want me to drink wine..why you told me to choosed?,” I protest and drink the wine, because I don’t really like wine..my expression became weird after I drink it.

I just want to test you..haha. In day like this, wine is the best. Sorry, this restaurant didn’t provide soju, so we can’t have soju here,” she smile to me.

Why you choosed garden party in this cold weather?,” I asked without looking at her, I’m looking for someone else..it’s not like I want him to come, but I want to prepare if he really come here..prepare to run away..ah..why I became weird like this.

Why you asked me a question but..your focus not in my answer..” she turned my body.

Sorry..”

Someone you looking for..will be here in 10 seconds..10, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1..” she deliberately do that, just now I didn’t saw him..why he’ll be here in 10 seconds, Annyonghaseo, president-nim,” she bow.

What are you doing,” and I turned my body, someone there.. and I sreamed, “oh my god..,” almost all of the guest looked at me weirdly, a man in front of me..he’s tall..wear a casual clothing,and this parfume is familiar for me..I take step back, want to hide my embrrassment and keep bowing, Irene grab my hand and rub my back, “ahh..it’s embarrassing..” I said that with soft voice.

Why you look so nervous, Yura-ssi..” it’s like she teased me, I hold my anger, and bow once again to Jonghyun..ah..it’s so awkward..and weird, “you are his friend, right?, why are you nervous like that?. Would you like to drink?,” she offer wine to Jonghyun, and I try to step aside from them, but Irene grab my hand once again, “where are you going, Designer Kim still didn’t congratulate me..and now wanna run away..?” ahh..that’s right.

Sorry, Irene-ssim I almost forgot about that. Congratulation for your first award..and thank you for praised the dress that I designed for you in front of so many people..I want to go to barbeque team..I want to eat meat.., after bowed once again to Jonghyun, I step back and walk faster.

Let’s go there together..let’s go president-nim..” I heard that..Irene Kim..what are you doing now?, stop it.

Ah..okay.” They enjoyed the party, but for me..it’s not a party. I keep the distance with him, so I won’t feel awkward, after 15 minutes he leave the barbeque team and sit with Irene manager, I acted to ignore him, but actually I keeping an eyes on him. After an hours I join the party, I tell Irene that I want to go home because I have something to do at home. When I leave the party someone call my name, that man, Irene’s manager,

Yura-ssi, you wanna go home?,” he asked to me and I noded, “I have a request for you, you want to do it for me right?,” what..now..I take a deep sigh and then noded, “our president is really drunk, and he can’t drive his car by himself in that state. Wolud you..go with him?, I heard that your house and his house are in the same neighborehood..” again..he asked me to do mission impossible, once again.

You can call a driver, right?or you go there with him. ,” I rejected his request.

I don’t his address, and I don’t bring my wallet here.”

I’ll tell you his addres. Just say all of your reason, I won’t accept your request,” I became angry, when I try to leave him he grab my hand and give me a car key.

It can help you to saving your money. You remember that you are jobless now, right?,” he really knock me down. Why he brought out that topic, “you bring out his car and wait in front of restaurant, I’ll bring him to you in 5 minutes,” he leave me and walk to a table that Jonghyun tightly sleep..he’s really drunk right now. With heavy step, I walk to parking lot and drive Jonghyun’s car, when I stop the car in front of the restaurant, Irene’s manager help him to walk to his car, I open the car door for him, “I entrust him to you, thank you Yura-ssi,” he wave his hand and enter the restaurant again when we leave the restaurant. On our way, I mumbling..

How much he drunk until like that?,” I feel flustarted with this situation, and then I remember that..Idon’t know his housew password, “Jonghyun-ah..wake up..we’ll arrive in 10 minutes..wake up and tell me your house password so you can enter your house,” we arrived in front of his house..I parked the car and then try to waken him, I took down the sealt belt, and suddenly he grab my hand..tightly..and say,

Yul-ah..I’ll wait until you give me your answer..if you want to punish me, I’ll accept it..” his words..are those words come out from a man who drunk much wine..it’s strange, I take a look..closer to his face..I feel that his hand more tightly grab my hand, I stop when our face so close, and I say to him,

Jonghyun-ah..you..lie to me, right?. You, conspired with Irene manager so I can drive you to your home, right?,” there isn’t response from him, “just let me know your house password, so I can go home quickly.” I pinched his hand that hold my hand, there is a slightly response from him after the pinch, “okay, I’ll leave you here,” I try to come out from his car, but his hand really hold me tight, “Yaaa...” I hit his hand, “I’m sleepy right now, so let me go home,” there isn’t response from him, “Aigoo, my hand hurt Jonghyun-ah..” I pinched his hand once again, but his hand still holding my hand, I’m really sleepy right now, I don’t have any energy leave to pull my hand from his strong hand, so I decided to save my energy by sleep for 10-15 minutes, yes we sleep togather in his car that night.

*

Come here, Dongwook-ah,” Yujin called Dongwook.

Here?, where?,” Dongwook who doesn’t understand what she is talking, asked.

Park, in front of your apartement. I buy bear, let’s drink..” and then Dongwook end the call. He walk to the park near his apartement, Yujin is there, on the swing, Dongwook walk closer to him and push the swing from behind.

Why you come to this park in this cold weather, just come to my house, it’ll be warmer.” Yujin smiling to him,

It’ll make our body warmer,” she give him a can of beer, he take it and drink it, “Let’s sit on that bench, I buy snacks too,” she walk to one of the bench, Dongwook follow her from behind, “I heard from Yura that you can’t meet her in the next two months, I guess you really try hard to erase her from your heart. Isn’t that too difficult?,” Yujin asked to Dongwook.

Hmm..it’s difficult, so I told her that I can’t meet her in the next two month, I think it’ll help my effort to forget her,” he drink the beer and then eat the snack.

You really love him, right?. So, it’s difficult for you.”

I’ve done this before..try to forget someone who I love..even then I still meet her, almost everyday, I still tried hard. Because she wanted me to like someone else,” he told her his old love story.

Who did that crazy think to you?, and why you didn’t told her that time?,” she asked without looking at Dongwook, Dongwook looking at Yujin,

Right?, she must be crazy women. I didn’t told her because I already had girlfriend..I didn’t want her to feel that she’s my second girlfriend...” Yujin look at him, Dongwook give her a signal who is that crazy women, but Yujin ignored it.

Are that feeling still the same, now?,” Yujin asked.

I don’t know, she caused all this mess. She asked me to like the other girl, and now I really like that other girl and try so hard to forget about that other girl. If you were me, do you think that feeling still the same?, ” Dongwook look at Yujin who look at him with teary eyes.., “what’s wrong with your eyes?,” he asked her and then wiped her tears that falls from her eyes, “don’t cry..it’s from the past...I just told you my old story, just forget about it.”

Sorry for not knowing..” he huged her and rub her head, “sorry Dongwook-ah, it was hard for you, right?, don’t love that girls, that girl doesn’t have the right to accept your love.”

Who are you to decided?, just let it go..I want to forget about it. Let’s life happily,” and rubing her head once again.

*

Still in that car, 30 minutes after Yura sleep. Jonghyun wake up and looking at sleep Yura, he smiled and then get rid of a hair that laid on her face, “you said that you’ll slepp for 10-15 minutes..it’s already 30 minutes,” he moved his hand that hold her hand for the whole time and get out from the car, he open the car door on Yura side and then lift up Yura’s body and then walk to his house, “just sleep here, if you sleep in the car, you body will be hurt when you wake up,” she sleep in a room, it’s look like Jonghyun’s bedroom, he turn off the lamp and then, “sleep well, dream of me,” he kiss Yura on her forehead and then closed the door, Yura doesn’t move her body at all, although he moved her from car..or kiss her head..