Chapter 15:

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 15:

In six days, the dress almost finish. Yura spending often her day in management with Irene’s stylist, in that six days she’s feel there is something or someone lost. When she’s tired, she look at Jonghyun’s childhood photo while saying,

“How are you?,” she talk to the photo like a stupid, “what am I doing right now?,” she asked to herself and put back the phone to her bag and back to her work. Although she always said that she won’t do that again, but in the next day she do it again, until six days,

“Is he really won’t text me or call me?. Why that question come from my own mouth, it’s like I hoped him to contact me,” she hit her own head. On the way to her house, a call come from Dongwook, she hesitant to pick it up or not, but in the end she pick it up,

“Hello..oppa..

“It has been a while to listen such  word from you, how have you been?.” It’s so awkward, their conversation. Yura doesn’t give him a reply, “Yura-yah,” Dongwook want to know if she still there.

“Hmm..I’m fine, how about you?,” Yura asked him back.

“Me..?, I’m not really okay. Ah..I want to meet you, do you have time?.”

“I’m on the way home now, how about tomorrow, after work?,” Yura suggested to Dongwook.

“Okay, in cafe near yor work place, because I want to meet Jonghyun after that..”

“Jonghyun?, he is in Singapore right now. If you want to meet him, contact him first,” she let Dongwook know that Jonghyun had work in overseas.

“You know his schedule?, okay thank you for letting me know,” he sound jealous.

“Ah..because we work in the same office,” Yura sound awakward when give him that answer.

“Okay, tomorrow after work at cafe near the management,” and then he end the call.  

“Why he want to meet me?,” while look straight, “Haa..why I feel so awkward talked to him..”

*

Dongwook POV:

“You often come here now, why?,” I asked Yujin who just enter to my office room, “are you insecure that I’ll be on Yura’s side?,” I asked her because I feel that she’s affraid that will be no one on her side.

“What..?, insecure?..nope..I just feel bored, so I come often,” I look at her face, and I know that she’s denied the fact, the real reason why she comes often.

“If you bored, just play with your staff, or if you feel uncomfortable to play with your staff, just call your sister and play with her. Be good to your own sister,” I play joke on her, to see her reaction.

“What do you mean play with my sister?,” she throwed the pillow to me, “everytime I came here, it’s mean that I finished my work early, so I went play. Let’s have dinner,” she asked me to dinner, but I already had appoinment with Yura after work today.

“I can’t, there is something I’ll take care today, and I must do it today. So, we will have dinner another time, okay?,” I suggested to her, she just noded to me but she look curious what is that something I’ll take care, “just have dinner by yourself for today, you said that you life well by yourself.”

“Yes, I life well by myself, are you satisfied?, stop playing joke on me. I’ll leave now,” she leave my office room with bad mood, “just make me sure, that you won’t go to Yura’s side,” she back again.

“Ah..always talking about whose side..I’m not on Yura’s side or your’s side, I’m on happy’s side, someone who feel happy, I’m on her side.” I talked the truth, I’m not on both side, I just want them to became like a real sister that always be there when they sad or happy, I’m a good person, right?. “Yujin-ah, you are a good person, I belive it. So, be a good person to her too.”

“You want me to be a good person to her?, it’s like you’ll run to her side after this. The something that you want to take care today, is it related to Yura?,” she asked me what make her curious all this time.

“The question that you want to asked, that’s it. Finally you said it, it’s related to both of you, or should I say to four of us?. I want to stop war, so if you want you can join me to have dinner with her, you won’t be lonely to have dinner by yourself,” She in deep tought, I know that she miss her sister, but won’t said it because her pride.

“I’ll have dinner by myself, just go. But, after you take care of that promise me that you won’t go to her side.”

“I just said that I’m not on Yura’s side or your side, so I won’t go anywhere, I always here.” It’s like my word make her more in bad mood.

After cleaning my office room, I go straight to the appoinment place, where I’ll meet Yura. It’s not take long time to go there, just 30 minutes from my studio. Like before, she already at the place before me, I walk closer to her, slowly. She saw me, and wave her hand with that smile, the smile that I miss so much,

“What you want talk about?,” she asked to me after I sit in front of her.

“Order some foods first, I’ll talk to you slowly while eating, okay?,” she nod at my suggestion and call one of the waiter.

“What you want to eat,” she asked me first even before she order her food, “should I order bibimbab for you?, you still like it, right?,” she asked me, it’s like one of our memories is still in her remembrance.

“I’ll eat it even I don’t like it.”

“What do you mean?,” she asked to me without looking at me. Yes, I’ll eat it even I don’t really like it. I don’t really like bibimbap, but that food is the first food that she cooked for me when we were dating, I said to her that I like it. So, everytime I worked out until late, she’ll bring me that food. But that time won’t come to me again so I start to hate that food, “I think you get bored with bibimbap, give us tofu soup, for two, and ddokbukki.” She finished the order and back to look at me, “so, could you start it now?, while waiting for the food.”

“It’s about what you said that time. After carefully thought about it, I think what you said to me was right, so I’ll do it. I won’t make my friendship with Jonghyun became worst, so I’ll stop it. And, the important thing is I’ll stop to making an effort to comeback to you, after the pain, I think I shouldn’t think that you want me to comeback to you, right?. ”

“You are a good person, I know that. You can meet a better woman,  and for Jonghyun, after he come back from Singapore, you should say it to him about that. You know right that I did it not because I like him, but because it’ll be dissapointed if a friendship end like that, and it’ll be more dissapointed if the reason of the broke is me,” she smile to me, yes once again she smile to me, “so, we are friend, right?,” she extened her hand to me, that words make me hesitant to reach her hand, ‘friend’. Can I only became her friend?, I just smile to her and heavily shake hand with her, “friend?”, she said that word again.

“Hmm..friend,” I don’t want to say that word, but what can I do now, that it’s the only way for me to see her smiling face, to hear her laugh, and to standing next to her not as a person who she hate, “I want to fix another thing.”

“What is that?,” she look at me, “Oh, the food comes, let’s eat first,” she smile to me once again, and then smile to the food that comes to our table, “wah, it’s look so delicious..jya, eat it first, and then tell me what you want to fix.”

I eat the food while looking at her who eat so fast, she is really hungry, “eat it slowly, I wont snatch it from you,” and she laugh at me, I never know before that her laugh are this precious to me.

“So, what is that..?,” she wiped her lips, she didn’t know that there is a rice on her face, so I tried to take it..but it’s so awkward, “ah..thank you. I’m eating like a child..hehe,” she laughed awkwardly too.

“Don’t you feel awkward with this kind of situation?. Sorry, if I make you uncomfortable, I promise that it’s my last time to do that to you. So, find a man that will take good care of you or throw away that bad habits..”

“Ahh..I’ll take care of that bad habits by myself, I won’t make other person take care of it. Ah, tell me, what is that?.”

“The thing I want to fix..I’ll do it, if you help me..so do you want to help me?,” I look at her face, and she nod so I start it, “the thing that I want to fix with your help is your relationship with your sister,” there isn’t response from her for one minute, and I heard she take a deep breath, “why?, you won’t help me?.”

“So, the thing that I can help, what is that?,” she asked me, and I smile to her, “I want to have the real sister relationship..so, tell me..” she is so nice.

“Just talk heart to heart with her, I know that she’s lonely after you leaved her. After talk heart to heart, I think her old pain will slowly heal. Do you want to do that?,” I asked to her.

“I have to do that, but I think she doesn’t want to meet me.”

“It’s me the one who’ll  bring her to you, or should you come to the house without her knowing?.”

“Without her knowing?, how?.”

“I will tell her that I want to visit her to her house, but instead of me, you’ll come to her house. When is your free time?.”

“I’ll spare it, so we can settle our sisterhood problem. Maybe the day after tommorow?, thank you Dongwook oppa.”

“No problem, because I take apart at your sisterhood problem, so I’ll take a part at your sisterhood reconcilement, right?,” she smile again and again, she thanks to me again and again.

“She is doing well, right?,” she asked.

“Beside of being lonely, she’s doing well. She looks lonely since you get out from house, she never say it, but I know, that’s why I want to fix it..fix her habit who said that she’s fine when she’s not..she couldn’t said her pain to your parent or to you when she was child, so she became like this now.”

“You know her better, than me. Tell me everything about her that I don’t know, I want to properly say sorry to her , sorry for didn’t know her true heart,” it’s her anywhy, not like her sister who like to hide anything, she express what she want, properly.

“Okay, I tell you everything about her that you don’t know.” We spent more than three hours, from that restaurant to a cafe..I feel happy that I spent so much time with her today, as her friend, her new friend.

*

Yura come to the office, on her table there is a cup of coffee an a memo on it,

Yul-ah..Drink it before you start your work, Fighting..! ^-^

“Jonghyun?, he put it here?, he comes to Korea?, it’s just a week..he said he’ll be there for two weeks. What is this?,” she look at the his written, “it’s not like his written, who is playing prank on me?,” she looks angry but she can’t hide that she’s slightly happy.

“It’s not prank, it’s him who want me to write those words for you. You look happy though. How do you know  that it’s not his hand writing?, you are so close to each other...” Irene’s manager comes in, he comes often lately, “he told me that he want to give that to you, although he couldn’t contact you, at least he want show you some care with this. He told me before he leave to Singapore a week ago,” she look like didn’t believe his words, “why?, you don’t believe me?.”

“Is it even possible?, he asked you to do that?.”

“Because it’s not too obvisious that I came to your office often, because you are a designer for Irene, so he told me. The one that I want to know, but I couldn’t asked to our president is, what kind of relationship between you two? I’m sure it’s not just friendzone, right?.”

“I don’t really know about that, you should ask the one who asked you to do this,” after she said that she drink the coffee.

“He even ordered me to bought the coffee you liked, it’s too detail. He said that you didn’t really like coffee, so I must make it as sweet as possible.”

“You made it?.”

“Of course not, and when you drink it, that coffee must still warm so it can help you to get an energy this morning. I do this much, but he didn’t tell me anything about his relationship with you, and I couldn’t asked that to him because he’s my boss. So, I think I’ll get some reply from the girl’s side. Don’t you think so?,” he asked Yura who still clueless.

“I don’t really know why he did this to me, so can you just said that it’s a friend’s gift. If you that curious, ask him not me.” She back to her work, the dress already 80%, and it’s look beautifull.

“I know about your childhood story, and because of this I start thinking that maybe what Irene said that time was right..”

“What she said to you?.”

“She said that the way our president look at you is different..I think I know the answer. I’ll get going, Irene have a schedule today. And, she said that she’ll meet you the day after tomorrow, at 3 o’clock. Okay, bye,” he leave Yura who still have no clues about the answer.

“What’s the answer?, Jjong-ah..don’t do this to me..you made me miss you when you didn’t contact me in the whole week, but suddenly you sent me this coffee..,” without knowing, she just admided that she miss him, after saying those words, she hits her own lips, “what am I saying?, seriously”. She take her phone and contact someone, “today right?, I’ll go there when lunch time, she’ll be home at that time, right?,” she waiting for the reply for that person.

“I think she’ll be late today because there is meeting with her customer. How about another day, I’m so sorry..”.

“Okay, how about after I finish my dress. Three or four days letter?, I’ll contact you again,” and she ended the phone, she take a deep breath and take her coffee, “it’s really warm.”

*

In other side, in a hotel in Taiwan, a man look at his phone again and again,

“Should I contact her?..ahhh..I can’t do this..push and pull?, what is that..I don’t think it’ll make her more miss me, I think it’ll make her forget everything about me..” his assistant come to his room and inform him that he can leave to Seoul early from the first plan because the bussines in Taiwan end early too, and there will be a meeting in Korea four days, so after meeting two investors tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, he’ll be back to Korea, “ah, really?, it’s relief. Thank you,” he smiled to his assistant and thor his body to his bed, “I won’t contact you until that day I came to you, and I’ll ask you..do you miss me?. I hope you give me the truth answer,” he put his phone on the table lamp and start to close his eyes. There is a messege, it’s from Korea,

Annyonghasseyo..I’m Irene’s manager. Today, I had done one of  your order and I think she like it.

Can I ask something to you?, what she’s to you?, you won’t do that kind of thing if she’s just same with the other people, right?. Sorry, if I asked a rude question.

“What she’s to me?, she is...a first love?,” he talked to himself.