Chapter 4:

Everything Has Changed

Today, two days after that drunk incident Yura come to the office. When she enter her office, on her table there is a style magazine, on top of that a cup of coffee put down by someone, a memo patch in that cup, This is Kim Yujin..drink this coffee before start your work...and read this magazine..

“Ah..this unni, doesn’t she know that I don’t really like coffee?, ” Yura take the magazine and read it. She searched what her unni want her to know in this magazine, and she finds a picture of a woman who she knows, it’s her sister,

“What is this?,” she began to read her unni interview, “it’s about the new wedding dreesses?, and what is this?, ahh..she copied what I’ve said to her before, she drive me crazy,” she take the magazine and leave her office, “where is kim Yujin-ssi,” she asked to her sister’s secretary.

“There is designer Kim outside..yes, I understand,” the secretary tell Yura to come in to Yujin office.

“Unni, what is this?. Are you show off?.”

“Yup, I want to show you that something can’t be done if it’s you, can be done if it’s me,” her voice’s tone like she want to start fighting with her sister, “I’m not even a designer, and can explain the detail of our new wedding dresess. If it’s you who got an interview with bussines magazine, you can’t do the same as me.”

“Ah...don’t we just say sorry to each other last night?, should we start fighting again?,” Yura throwed the magazine with anger, “why are you like this?, can you just say something nice to me?You become different from before.”

“I’m not a different person, you just couldn’t saw the real me. It’s me who you know from our childhood.” Yura can’t say another words, she just left her sister office. When Yura come to the rooftop, she want to be alone and set a mind at a rest, when she closed her eyes her phone ringing, her boyfriend call her when she isn’t in the mood to talking,

“Why,” she just response like that, her boyfriend feel something wrong with her.

“Is there something wrong?, why I feel you always throw tantrum at me?,” her boyfriend protested.

“It’s not like that, it’s just so coincidentaly that you are the one who called me when I’m not in a good mood . So, is there something you want to talk to me?,” she shift to another topic so she can avoid another fight.

“My friend come to Korea, from Canada and he wanted to see you, can you spare your time to dinner with us?,” he talked his first intention to call his girlfriend.

“Ah..that friend. Ok, I can. When?.” He talked to someone else

“Tonight?,is it okay?,” he confirm to her.

“Okay. Can I decide the place?, it has been so long since last time I came there, okay?.”

“Okay. That meat resto right?. I’ll pick you up at 5 o’clock, hmm,” he ended the call, Yura continue her contemplation with some sad song from her phone.

*

Yura waiting for her boyfriend in front of the office, her unni see her and asked her,

“What are you doing?, let’s go home,” she talked like nothing happen before.

“I have an appointment, I’ll come home late,” Yura response her sister without looking at her face, she still in angry mood.

“If you eat something like meat, don’t drink soju too much,” she reminds Yura that her drunk habit was too much.

“You are the one who make me want to get drunk tonight, ” Yura said with an anger that her sister can see clearly.

Not long after her sister left, her boyfriend come to pick up her, when she enter his car, Dongwook look at her face deeply, want to read what kind of thing that happen to his girlfriend,

“Just ask me ‘what happen’. Don’t look at me with that kind of expression,” Yura pinchs her boyfriend cheek, Dongwook cheek become red,

“I’ll ask after dinner, so can you smile a bit now?, we will arrive soon, I said to my friend that my girlfriend is pretty, but if you glum, that pretty face can’t be seen,” Dongwook pinchs her cheek, “you are always pretty, but you more pretty when you smile,” suddenly cheesy words come from his mouth.

“Ahh...it’s start, I don’t fall for that words. I’m not in the mood to smile, so it’s okay if I don’t look more pretty. ” Dongwook grins to his girlfriend,

“My girlfriend is so cute, whatever she does look cute in my eyes,” his words become more cheesy than before, and it’s make Yura closed her ears and switch on a radio broadcast,

“There is someone else talking, so stop talking that kind of words, it’s make me want to puke,” their cute quarrel end when they reached the restaurant, Yura organize her make up and her dress,

“It’s look like you want to look more pretty, right?.”

“Let’s go,” Yura get out from the car.

“Your comb..,” her boyfriend bring her comb that left in the car.

They enter the restaurant, and here he is, a friend from Canada. He is not Canadian, but he lived in Canada for a long time. Dongwook lead Yura to the table and prepare her seat,

“You are a capable boyfriend,” praised his friend.

“Is he?,” Yura looks like disagree with Dongwook’s friend praise and sit on the chair.

“Am I not a capable boyfriend?,” Dongwook asked Yura, “don’t make me embarrassed in front of my friend. So, Jonghyun-ah, she is my girlfriend,” he introduce Yura, so Yura stand up and give him a bow,

“Hello, I’m Yura, nice to meet you.” Suddenly he stretch his hand, he want to shake hand with Yura, so Yura reached his hand,

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Hong Jonghyun.”

Wait, is it my first time meet him?, why I feel his face looks familiar...their hands still in ‘shake hand’ position.

It’s look like we meet before, where did we meet?...he deeply look into her face,

“Stop it, you make me jealous,” Dongwook interupted them and hit Jonghyun hand,  they comeback to reality. The meat come to the table, the man grill the meat and Yura just wait for it, she looks deeply to the meat,

“Are you in love with the meat?,” Dongwook ruin Yura imagination, Yura staring at him, “Here we go,” Dongwook give Yura the meat and Yura eats it,

“Why I feel there is something left, what is this?,” Yura teasing her boyfriend, she wants soju but her boyfriend reject that, “Ah..jinja. Your friend is coming, and we must celebrate it, right Jonghyun-ssi?,” she want Jonghyun help her to persuade Dongwook, Jonghyun just give a smile, he think that his friend’s girlfriend is cute.

“Okay, one botol for the three of us,” Dongwook gives Yura dispensation.

“What kind of celebrating is that, one botol for one person?,” she beg to Dongwook.

“No, your bad habit is too much. Just one for the three of us, I’m driving, Jonghyun is drving..”

“I’m not driving, so..for me one botol,” she looks so stress, suddenly a tears drop, “ah..mianhae, I shouldn’t do this,” she wiping her tears, “Okay, one botol for the three of us, it’s better than nothing. So, Jonghyun-ssi, you’ll stay in Korea for along time?,” she change the topic.

“Maybe..because of some bussiness, I must stay in Korea for a long time, ” Jonghyun answered Yura question with a weird expression, why did she cried?, but she really something else, she changed her mood so fast...

“Are you okay?,” Dongwook who just silently look at her from that time when Yura suddenly cried.

“I’m not okay, just give me soju,” Dongwook order a botol of soju for her girlfriend.

“Just drink all of it, I’m not drink,” Dongwook pour it in a mini glass and she drink it one shoot, “something makes you upset, right?,” he asked his girlfriend.

“I won’t ruin the mood, so don’t ask me that question now, just enjoy the food and the drink,” she drink soju once again, “Jya..Jonghyun-ssi, I wish you’ll enjoy your time in Korea. And, because I’m your friend girlfriend, you can consider me as your friend,” she lift her glass and ask the men to do the cheers. They talked a lot about their experience when they studied togather in Canada, about their job, and about Yura and Dongwook relationship.

“I don’t want to see her face tonight,” Yura still upset with her sister, Dongwook know it. Yura looks drunk and sleepy so Dongwook carried her on the back,

“Her face?,” Jonghyun asked Dongwook.

“Her sister, I think they argue about something before, and she still upset with her sister,” Dongwook answered Jonghyun question.

Jonghyun look at them from behind, and still thinking her face is so familiar, when I meet her?, Yura. Still looking at them, still thinking about Yura’s face. His mind fill up with Yura face.  Yura still whining to Dongwook that she doesn’t to see her sister face, so Dongwook replay to her loudly,

“Okay, you’ll sleep in my home tonight,” after hearing that, don’t know why Jonghyun feel hurt.