Chapter 19:

Everything Has Changed

It’s already 3 Am, Yura still sleep in Jonghyun bedroom and Jonghyun sleep in the living room. Yura woke up because of her phone’s ringtone, she take her phone and saw the text messege, and it’s just spam. After that, she doesn’t continue her sleep, because she realized something..it’s not her room..and in her remembrance, before she fall a sleep..she was in Jonghyun car..then..

“Where is it?, is it Jonghyun bedroom?,” she asked to herself, she get down from the bed slowly and looking for evidence that it’s Jonghyun bedroom. She take a look at a big frame near the door, “it’s really his room,” that’s his familly photo...Yura take step back and look at his lamp table...a magazine that there is Jonghyun photo on the cover...”Is he artist or something?, I shouldn’t do this, but..” she open the magazine and read Jonghyun’s interview..there is some words that cath her eyes..

Q: Although you are a businessman, you must have another story of your live beside your bussines, right?..

A: Are you asking about my love live?, why didn’t asked directly?..hahaha. I’m also human, and human need love, so..of course I had love story. I had a crush on a girl from my childhood..I meet her again after long time..I thought that when I meet her, my feeling towards her will be change..but nothing change. My feeling towards her still the same, until now. Yesterday, I confessed to her, but..it’s like she didn’t belived that I love her, not as a friend but as a man.

Q: Is it okay if I write this in the magazine?, I think I should have your permission..

A: It’s okay..I want her to see this..and  I want her to know that I’m sincere..

Q: Do you have something to tell her?, it’s my last question for your love live..

A: Yul-ah..I’m still waiting..so let me know your answer  quickly.

Yul-ssi, you should give him your answer quickly before the other girl snatch him...haha..

 

She smiled and closed the magazine, she try to look for the house owner..and there he is..sleep on the sofa and the television is still on. Yura switching off the television and then sit near him. She look at his face deeply,

“I just realized that I missed this face so much.., I love you too, Jjong-ah,” she look at Jonghyun’s sleep postion, “why didn’t use blanket to cover your body, stupid,” and she stand up to get blanket from Jonghyun’s bedroom, when she take step, a big hand grabs her hand, she shocked..

“Where are you going?, you said that you missed this face..you can see as much as you want..” he still closed his eyes, but his mouth open.

“Yah..you didn’t sleep all this time?,” Yura asked, awkwardly.

“How can I sleep on the sofa, it’s so uncomfortable. And, how can I sleep when there is a girl who sleep in my bedroom, and how can I sleep when I hear a girl said that she love me,” he finally open his eyes..and grining. Yura look angry, but actually she is happy, “don’t get blanket from my room, I have a blanket here,” and then pull Yura hand and hug her tightly, still in his sleep position “it’s more warm than any other blanket..ah..it’s ending of my punishment,” Yura body on his body, it’s make Yura uncomfortable, she moved her body many time, “Hmm..why my blanket can’t stay still?,” Yura smiled and pinched his belly, “ah..my blanket had hand?,” he takes her hand and look at her eyes, because she feel awkward with this kind of situation she can’t look at him straightly, “Can I hear it once again?,” he asked her,.

“Hear..what?,” she asked.

“What you said to me..say it properly..Look at me..my blanket..”

“Hmm..I read that..your interview. Thank you,” she said that shyly.

“The words that I want to hear not that.., say it properly, you said to me while I closed my eyes just now,” Yura closed his eyes with her hand and then kiss his lips, Jonghyun smile, “ohh...what is that?, why closed my eyes..?,” he is giggling, “it’s not your first time though,” he continously teased shy Yura.

“What are you doing?, teasing me...,” she back to the comfortable position.

“Oh..my blanket..,” he again, she hit his belly, “ouch..from where you got that habit?, you always hit me..”

“I didn’t hit a person who didn’t closed to me, so it’s a sign that you are closed to me, ” she gave her explanation.

“How close are we?,” he teased again, Yura look mad at his tease, “I didn’t teased someone who didn’t closed to me, but I still don’t know how close we are?,” he sit and grab her head, “this close?,” he smile to him, Yura’s hand ready to hit him, “don’t hit me again, it’s hurt. You should know how to kiss from your experience, why you give a kiss like that..do it again, properly,” Yura give him starnge look.

“I think you are really sick...why you said that thing so lightly..?,” Yura take of his hands from her head, but he grab her head once again.

“Is it because I lived in overseas for a long time?, and, aren’t we in that level now?, because you are my girlfriend and I am your boyfriend..you should give me a proff that you are really love me,” he pouted his lips and open.

“Are we in that level now?girlfriend-boyfriend?,” Yura asked to .

“I confessed to you, and just now you said that you love me too. So, we are in that level now, why?, are yo regret that you said it?,” Jonghyun asked, Yura shaking her head and then move Jonghyun hand to her shoulder,

“Now, I’ll give you again, properly..” and then kiss him...long kiss..,”it’s my way to give you my answer..you should sleep in your bedroom, I’ll leave now..”, she take step back and walking towards the door.

“Our Yul-ah..just stay here until the sun rise..” Yura stoped her step..and turn her body, “should we watch movie?,” he asked and then Yura walking to him as the answer.

“By the way, are you going to call me Yul..?, as our pet name?,” she asked.

“Pet name?. It’s not a pet name, I call you by that name..because, you introduced yourself to me by that name.., you want us to have a pet name?, did you do that too when you dated Dongwook?.”

“Why talking about Dongwook, suddenly?. It’s okay if we don’t have pet name, just call me by that name,” Yura look a bad mood.

Aigoo..our girlfriend mad right now?. Sorry,” and then he kiss her check.

“It’s just an hour..we became a lover..aren’t we kiss too mu..,” she stoped..she thought that..it’s a weird question to asked.

“Why?, I want to do it more..” he teasing Yura again, he closed Yura eyes and his head closer to her head..Yura pinched his cheeck,

“Stop it or we’ll break up after this kiss,” Jonghyun move his hand and back to his position,

“It’s just an hour but I got hit and pinched many time..and now..my girlfriend threatening me..wah..,” Yura place her hand on his shoulder,

“You should be a good boyfriend for me, or else you will get hit and pinch everyday, do you understand, my boyfriend..Jjong-ah?,” she teasing Jonghyun, Jonghyun grining and then pinched her cheeck.

“Aigoo, why you so cute?.”

*

Jonghyun comes to office early than before, he smile a lot from the parking lot. Before going to second floor he meets Irene Kim and her manager,

“I read your interview well, president-nim..” Irene said that after bowed, “so, is the result already out now?. ” Irene know from his bright smile, Irene smile to him, “congratulation, president-nim..” after bowed to him she leave, her manager walk closer to Jonghyun,

“Congratulation, president-nim. I hope, it’ll last long..,” Irene’s manager said, “you should treat me something, I help you a lot,” Irene’s manager play joked on his president.

“Okay, I’ll treat you, someday..” Jonghyun rubed Lee manager shoulder, “thank you for your help..” and leave him.

Jonghyun enter his office room, and the ahjusi who help his father to manage the amangement already there..

“There is something I want to talk about.”

“Is there something wrong, ahjussi?,” Jonghyun asked.

“Nope..the management doing really well after you come..so, I want to say thank you,” Jonghyun smiled after heard those words, “but..can’t you not talk about your privacy on interview?,” he continue.

“Ah..about that interview..sorry ahjussi, I won’t do it again,” he makes promise.

“Okay..it’s okay. As a businessman..you must make your privacy as secret. Ah, your father told me..that he’ll came to Korea..with your mother and sister..”

“Came here?, when?,” he asked, his father didn’t tell him anything about that.

“I think, he already read your interview..I don’t know..he just said that he’ll come. I’ll leave, do your work, if you enter this building, forget about your love story..and get ready for work..don’t get bother with that thing if you doing your work..” he open the door.

“Ahjussi..love is part of live too..same with work and money, I can’t completely forget about that when enter this building..same with work..I can’t completely forget about that when I come out from this building..those things always with us.,” his ahjussi smile to him.

“You know to say those words too?, okay..do your work..”

When lunchtime, Jonghyun take his phone to call someone,

“Ai..our Yul..,” he said that with cute voice.

“It doesn’t cute at all..why?,” she asked.

“Do delivery for me, now is lunch time,” he made a request for jobless Yura, “you didn’t have something to do right now, right?,” his words make Yura little bit upset.

“I have job right now, ” Jonghyun laugh at Yura’s words.

“Yah..Kim Yura, you said that you’ll help me. It’s busy hours for us, don’t make a phone call now,” Hyeri screamed when she saw Yura standing in corner with phone on her ear.

“I told you that I have work, end it,” before she press the end button, Jonghyun asked where she do her new job, “my friend’s bakery..Coco bakery..” and end the call.

“Bakery?, a designer work at bakery?, what can she do there?,” he asked to himself.

*

Yura POV:

Because I couldn’t do the delivery for his lunch, I had plan to make dinner for him, so I’m on the way to his work with some plastic bag. He let me know her house’s password, so I just enter his house. When I open the door, there is three pairs of shoe there..two of them are woman’s shoes, I get curious..who are they..so I walk slowly until I heard familiar voice,

“I think..it’s his girlfriend, Yul..” a woman voice.

“He said in the interview that she still doesn’t give him her answer..so Yul..not his girlfriend,” a girl voice..I take step back when I realized who are they..but the man come to the entrance door..

“Oh..” he said when he saw me, “are you Yul..?,” he asked to me, I awkwardly bowed to him, I think he couldn’t remember me, we meet before in his Canada house, “I think I saw you somewhere before this?, right?,” he asked..finally he remember my face, because of that question, the two woman who in the kitchen hurriedly come to the entrance door to see me, two of them look shocked when they saw me..his mother and his sister still remember my face clearly..

“Oh..sister..why are you here?, you know this house’s password?,” she asked to me, I can’t open my mouth, my body is frozen now.

“Where is Dongwook?, the three of you will have a party in this house?,” his mother asked, I can’t reply their question, my mouth won’t say a single word..when I’m in emergency situation, the live saver come, I saw his face and he look shocked too when he saw me there,

“Why are you here?,” he asked to me, I lift the plastic bags with my trembeling hand, “why you don’t tell her to sit,” he said that to his family, he pushed my body to living room, “sit here, I’ll bring the plastic bags to the kitchen,” he said that and took the plastic bag.

“I think you have something to tell to us,” his mother said that while looking at me.

“Hmm..I want to tell to my family about something,” he back to the living room with five can of soft drink, he saw my nervous face, “it’s okay..” and rub my back..their family looking at us weirdly, especially his mother, “I think..dad..mom..and my little sister already read my interview..my first interview as busnissmen..” they response it with nod, “from that interview..is there something you want to know?,” he asked to his family in fun way.

“Just tell me, why Dongwook’s girlfriend know your house passwords?,” his mother asked, he shocked. He just remember that he introduce me to his family last time as Dongwook’s girlfriend.

“Is she Yul?, you snatched her from her boyfriend?,” his sister asked, his father didn’t say anything.

“Wow..wow..wow..snatched?, I’m not that bad. Okay, I’ll give explanation. She broke up with Dongwook because of some problem..and that problem..didn’t have something to do with me, it’s their problem so don’t ask the detail. She is my childhood friend, Yul. I told to you mom, about me having a friend back then..” his mother nods when she remember it, “she is that friend. I like her since child..but when I meet her some months ago, she already had boyfriend, so I can’t say my feeling. After she broke up..and I get closer to her..I confessed my feeling. It’s not that easy..she didn’t answer it, until..yesterday..” his mother take a deep sigh..and drink her soft drink, “she finally answer my confess, and we start dating..” he end his explanation, I close my eyes, I can’t look at them properly.

“Congratulation,” I heard that, a girl voice, “isn’t it a good news, mom..dad?, our brother have a girlfriend..” his father smiled but his mother stay still..didn’t smile nor angry. I’m in uncomfortable situation, his mother still looking at me with strange look, “don’t look at her like that, she and his boyfriend already break up, so it’s okay to have new boyfriend..” Miley tried to make her mother smile little bit, but failed, “it’s okay sis..I wish your relationship will last long,” she smile to me..I smile to her back, an awkward smile.

“Mom will make bibimbap for you, let’s eat,” his mother stand up and walk to the kitchen, “we will have a family talk after this, so..I’m sorry if I’m rude..could you leave four of us?,” I’m sure she’s talking to me..I stand up and bow to his family..and leave them.

“Mom, don’t need to say that. Let’s eat together..I think she didn’t have dinner, right?,” Jonghyun asked to me, his mother give her look..from her eyes I know her answer.

“It’s okay..I’ll eat at house..your family just come from Canada, they must miss you a lot. I’m sorry if I  made an uncomfortable situation like this, I’ll leave now,” and bowed to them once again. Jonghyun grab my hand, he want to escorte me, “I’ll go home by myself, it’s not that far from here..it’s okay just eat with your family,” and really leave them. I know that the way his mother look at me make me little bit sad, but it’s not her fault, so I tried to calm myself, that’s it’s okay..it’ll be okay, she’ll like me someday.

After dinner, I go to rooftop and drink beer, I thin it’ll makes me little warm. While looking at stars..I take a deep breath, “what if she won’t like me?, what should I do then?,” I hear the door open, someone come to the rooftop.

“If that happen, you must work hard,” he said while put blanket on my body, “it’s really cold, let’s have talk in your house,” he give me hot packs.

“You give me this and this,” I point out the blanket and two hot packs.

“Okay, wanna another blanket..” he said and sit next to me, “are you okay?,”he asked while hugging me.

“Hmm..I’m okay, don’t worry.”

“My mom just worried, if my friendship with Dongwook get bad because of this, my mom really close to Dongwook. I reassured her that we are in good term now, so she won’t worry. They will back to Canada after new years..mom want to spent her time here with you..,” I don’t believe those words, Iknow her face when Jonghyun told her that we are dating,, “why?..she said that to me, you don’t believe me?,” I smiled to him..hmm, I want to believe now, all is well, I will get close to his mother..”what is this?,” he asked to me..I brought memo paper and wrote something..

“It’s my bucket list. The things I want to do when I’m dating you.., wanna write too,” I give him bolpoint and he get the paper..after write his bucket list, he hide it in his pocket,

“I want to see it,” he shake his head.

“You’ll see it later..I’ll read your bucket list..1. going picnic in spring, 2. Watching movie in cinema, 3. Shooping together, 4. Going to sauna, ” I stoped him to read my list, “why..?, are the rest too much if I read out loud?,” he asked to me, I just take the paper from him and put it in my pocket, “at least I already know four of your bucket list, I’ll grant it one by one..and you must grant my bucket list too..is not that much..just three…”

“Let me know..what’s your bucket list, and then I’ll decide..” I want his paper, but he doesn’t give it to me.

“You’ll know, I’ll give it to you, but not now.” I pretend get upset, and he just pinching my check while say, “aw..so cute..” I get rid of her hand, “ah..tomorrow, come to my house..mom and siter want to go to Namsan tower, you go with them..you don’t have something to do anywhy..” he talk about that thing again, doesn’t he know that is a sensitive thing for me..

“Okay..I’ll come..”

“And..we’ll have dinner in new year, ask your sister to come..my parent want to know you more..isn’t it a good sign?,” he asked to me, and I smile to him.

“Thank you..” and I kiss his check, than he touch his lips, while say,

“here too..,” athough I ignored it at first, but in the end..I grant it. The weather is cold, but because of this man..I feel warm.

*

Jonghyun’s bucket list:

  1. Get married
  2. Have one son and daughter
  3. Grow old together

*

Today is first day in February, tomorrow is Jonghyun’s birthday, Yura still busy preparing surprise party for her boyfriend in Hyeri's bakery, “I’ll take the cake later, unni asked me to come to her office, I’ll go there,” and she leave Hyeri. Yura stoped her step in front of her sister office, there is a wedding dress in a mannequin..there is a flower crown on mannequin’s head, “I think I saw this dress somewhere..who’s the designer of this dress?,” because of curious about the designer, she hurriedly come to her sister office room, “unni, that a new wedding dress, right?, you displayed it..” she asked after sit.

“Hmm..new wedding dress..why?.”

“I feel familiar with that dress, who’s the designer, unni?,” she asked again.

“Designer?, you are the designer, it’s from your sketch book..”Yura shocked when she heard that, it’s from her sketch book, but she didn’t know anything about it.

“Why..you made it without inform me?, why you did this unni?.”

“Yah..I’m not the one. Someone want me to make wedding dress like the design you draw..it’s your first designer, right?,” Yujin smile to her, “Look at the mannequin carefully..I think you..too focus on the dress..there is something in mannequin that you must know, go back and search it,” Yujin push Yura body to the place where the weddimg dress displayed, “you’ll be happy..” and leave her.

Yura look at the mannequin carefully, on the mannequin hand, there is paper..thin paper..she take the paper and open it,

My first bucket list..

  1. Get married

You’ll grant it, right?    

Without knowing, Yura tears fall dawn..she smiled while looking at the wedding dress. When she wipe her tears, her phone rang, it’s Jonghyun..

“Hello..” she said.

“Do you get touched by it?...it’s just an opening, I’ll do it properly..in midnight come to the rooftop..”

“Hmm..I’m the one who will say that, why you said it first?.” Yura had a plan to give him surprise party in her rooftop at midnight..

“Because I know that you’ll give me surprise party in rooftop, hehe. See you there..” and end the call.

“Although you didn’t do the purposed properly, I already have my answer, why didn’t asked it now?.” And put her phone back to her bag with bright smile.