Chapter 11:

Everything Has Changed

Yujin POV:

Today, I decided to come to Star entertainment...don’t know why but I hate it when I know Yura already have another job after leaving my company. That illness, jealous illness. I didn’t know if it’s just coincident or fate, but they can meet again and Jjong help her to get another job in short time. And after heard story from Dongwook yesterday, I think they are already that close, it’s makes me more jealous. I’m waiting for Jonghyun now, his secretary said that he has a meeting today..so I must wait until the meeting end in lobby, when I saw him walking to his office room, I followed him from behind,

“Hello..Jjong-ssi..how are you?, we meet after long time, right?,” he look surprised when I called him by that name, it’s look like he know that I’m Yura’s sister that know him long time ago,

“What are you doing here, Yujin-ssi?,” from his voice’s tone, he look hate me being here.

“Want to meet my sister old friend or maybe now became her new friend,” I said while give him smile.

“So, after meeting him, what are you going to do?,” he didn’t even asked me to sit in his office room and let me standing in fron of that his office room.

“Greet him..and ask him..did my sister already recognized you, Jjong-ssi?.”

“If she didn’t recognized her old friend, what are you trying to do then?,” he asked me a lot, he looks so curious with my exsistence in his management.

“You asked so many question. Now, I’ll be the one who ask the question...so, what are you planing..you already know that she is Yul..but you didn’t tell her..?”

“I didn’t planing anything, I’m not like you...who’s doing something because that ‘something’will full fill your own desire. I’m planing to tell her, but not now.” He hate me..for sure..he already know about our problem from Dongwook, so I’m sure that he really hate me because he think I’ve done something bad to his old friend.

“It’s look you know me well, back then we only meet four times. I feel bad for you, you already recognized her but she didn’t recognized you from the begining. She had bad memories, so she can’t remember the old things really well, although she often look at your childhood photo, she can’t recognized you, but I’m different, although I only meet you four times back then, I can recognized you from the begining, when I first saw your photo from Dongwook..”

“What’s your point to tell me that?. I’m fine even though she didn’t recognized me, I still on her side. So, your real reason to come here is?.” he really suspect me.

“Ah..really?, I heard that you give her new job here...,” I know he really angry right now.

“Ah..that’s your real reason?, Yes, I give her new job here, as a designer. Why, you want ask her to back to your company?.”

“I’ll get another designer for my company..My company doesn’t need her, I just want you to know that she didn’t have such experience to make that kind of dress. But, don’t you want her to recognized you quickly?, should I tell her?,” I tried to provoke him, I don’t know why I tried so hard to make him angry.

“I won’t intrude you. But, do you think she’ll believe you..?, after what you had done to her?. ” I become speachless..yes..I do think that she won’t believe me, “I know your real reason to come here is to make me stop our contract and make her jobless. You can go home now, I think you have so many work to do now,” he indirectly kick me out.

“I do think that she won’t believe me, but I’ll try to tell her, after all. it’s help for you, right?,” he didn’t reply me and immedietly enter to his office room, “you really cold, Jjong-ssi..” I leave the management with anger full fill my heart.

*

Yura alone sit on bench near the see saw with a beverage next to her, she carefully look at her skceth-book, in that book a lot of dresss design that she designed. On the last page, she design a dress for her new customer, Irene. She look at it once again,

“She’ll like it right?,” when she look at to her skceth once again, some voice come fro behind her, make her shocked, “Ah..seriously..”she know whose voice is that.

“She will like it..it’s really beautifull. You are a great designer,” he rubed her hair, “why always this playground?, you always come to this playground..”

“Then, how about you, you always come to this playground?,” without answer it, she questioned him back.

“Because I like it here..” Jonghyun stared at the see saw, “and I like that see saw,” he point out the see saw in fron of them.

“See saw?, you like play see saw?..”

“I like that see saw, just that see saw..,” he said that he just like the see saw in front of them.

“Just that see saw?, is there a hidden meaning in that see saw?,” she asked without look at Jonghyun face, just focused at her sketch.

Jonghyun look at her deeply, and smile..Are you that bad at remembering something?, I won’t tell you that me is Jjong..you’ve to remember it by yourself...

“I can’t hear it, said it loudly..what is that the hidden meaning?, don’t look at me like that,” she makes Jonghyun surprised with her words, she didn’t looking at him but she knows that he looks at her all this time.

“What do you mean looking at you?. Hidden meaning?, maybe..because there are a lot of good memories from that see saw..,” he said that while walking to the see saw, Yura saw him walking and follow him from behind. When he almost reach to the see saw, suddenly Yura run and sit on one side of the see saw,

“Ah..it’s surprised me..what are you doing, like a child..?” Jonghyun asked while touch his chest, but after that he smile at her,

“Wanna play with me?, come here and sit on that side..,” she look so happy when she wave her hand to Jonghyun, Jonghyun Sit on the other side of the see saw...”ah, it’s remind me to my childhood, is it too childish?” she asked that when they began to play the see saw.

“Maybe..we are look like big babies,” after heard that Yura want to go down from that see saw, “you didn’t answer my question?, why always this playground, and why always that bench?,” he asked while point out that bench near them.

“Because..when I come here..my longing for him like healed..,” Jonghyun smiling again..he feel that she must missing him all this time.

“Who is she/he?. Is that mean..you missed him/her so much?because you often come here..”

“Don’t asked me..I won’t tell you who’s that person. I missed him, especially when I feel lonely..,” she leave the see saw and walking to the bench.

“Why you don’t tell him/her to come when you missed him/her?.” Jonghyun followed her from behind.

“I don’t know how to contact him/her. But, although I miss him..I won’t tell him to come here..”

“Why not?.”

“Because..we didn’t meet after 15 years..don’t you think he’ll change?, I don’t know he’ll change to the good one or bad one, but still..I don’t think I can’t meet him. After that thing happen...I have such trauma. If the one who always next to you had big change, how about someone who didn’t meet you for 15 years?, don’t you think something will change from him?everything can change in that 15 years, I’m afraid to meet him again because of that. I don’t want to hate him because of his change, so I’ll stay like this with a good memories about him.”

So..things that happen recently had big impact to you. “You won’t know if he change or not if you don’t want meet him..”

“For me now, it’s better that I didn’t know anything.”

And for me...before, it’s better that you know that me is your old friend, quickly..but after knowing that, I become afraid  you’ll avoid me if you know that me is your old friend. What should I do now?

*

Yura POV:

He came again in my dream...I saw his back..he sit on the see saw. And..I think I ever saw that back somewhere, but who?. He turn his head..I’m walking closer to him, slowly his face became clear..and..Hong Jonghyun. Ah, he is Hong Jonghyun..not Jjong, is it because we share the same place that leave good memories to us?,

“What are you doing here?,” I asked him and he just smile at me.

“I want to meet my friend,” yeah..we share the same place that leave good memories for us, but he doesn’t look as usual.

“Why?,” I asked him but he just stare at me, his eyes become red, and the weird word come from his mouth,

“I’m sorry,” and some voice distrub me. Wake up from my long dream, and look at the clock,

“What is that?, it’s already 9 o’clock,” a call come from Irene, yeah we’ll meet today at 11 AM, “hello..”

“Did you just wake up?, okay..designer Kim..because I have a drama meeting, we’ll meet after that..maybe at 3 PM?, I’ll contact you again. Wake up and go to the management quickly, wait for me there,” what’s wrong with her?, am I her slave or something?, she just said that our meeting will pushed back but she want me to come to the management, “you’ll stay quiet like this, huh?, answer me,” ah...her manner really make me mad.

“Okay Irene-ssi, but can I request something?,” I asked her.

“Why suddenly request?, okay, I’ll hear it.”

“Don’t speak like I’m your slave or something, because I hate it,” yeah..it’s too straight forward, but I think it’s better.

“Wh..at?,”  it’s look like she can reply me, her voice stutter, “is it my words too rude for you?, I speak to my manager like that..”. Just said you’ll do it, is that difficult. It’s your manager, not me. I’m different from him, if you are someone who know me long time..I won’t protest like this, “okay..I’ll change my rude words to better words..” without said good bye she end the call…ah..seriously this girl..her manner..

After taking bath, I went to café nearby and check my design for Irene while drinking hot chocolate and eat bread and a call come..from Jonghyun. When his name come up on my phone, suddenly I remember something..my dream, Why he appear in my dream,

“Good morning..!!,” I said it loudly when pick up his call.

“What’s wrong with you..?,” he asked me.

“Because I’m annoyed by your artist manner in early morning..why are you calling me this time?,” I reply with annoyed tone.

“Come to company..I have something to tell you.”

“Ah..seriously. Okay, I’ll come, however, I'll be there today, it does not make any difference now or later. I have an appoinment with Irene today.”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you. If you already in company, just come in to my office room. See you later…” and he end the call, he has good manner, not like his artist, ah..I closed my sketch book and walking to bus stop, yeah it’s my first time after those years ride my sister’s car.

Here I’m, Star entertainment. When I enter the building, someone familiar come down from second floor. She saw me and smile at me, after talk to the receptionist, she walk closer to me,

“It’s look..you are doing well..” I didn’t expect anything from her.

“What are you doing here?,” I asked her because it’s not her work area, it’s kind of suspicious.

“There is something I must sent to some people in this management, and there is someone who I want to meet for the second time, but he avoided me, so for the second time I can’t give something to him,” she show me a paper bag, I don’t know what is that and I don’t want to know.

“You know some people in this management?. What a pity..you can’t meet with that ‘someone’. I should get going..” I bowed to her and leave her like that, she wave her hand at me and say,

“Have a good time here..”

*

Yura waiting for Jonghyun in his office room, his secretary inform her that he goes somewhere, but will go back. Someone come and said sorry to her,

“What is this?, you want me to come but you leave your office room,” she complained.

Mianhae...I’m back, right?.” He give her an invitation card, wedding invitation, “wanna come with me?,” suddenly he asked her to come to wedding party.

“Come with you?,” she open the wedding invitation and read it, “this person?.”

“Your sister come here personally to give that wedding invitation, the artist was this management artist, so she invited some people from this management. So, wanna come with me?, ” he asked her once again.

“Why?, in this invintation didn’t mention that you must bring partner, right?. Why you asked me to attending that wedding party with you?,” she is in confusion.

“Because I think you wanna come. You want to see the wedding dresses that you designed, right?, just came with me.” Yura thinking...,

“But, if I go there, I must see them again..”

“You said that you want to take revenge?,” Yura interested in Jonghyun statement.

“What kind of revenge is that?. ”

“Just..show them that you can attend the wedding, although you aren’t Yuu wedding’s designer anymore. You came as my partner, and I’m a VIP in that party, you know?.”

“Aiii...you want to show off?, yes..boss, I know. I’ll thinking about it,” she put the wedding invitation on the table, “so..you want to talk about something..is this the ‘something’?,” she asked to confirm.

“Yup, ah..what time you’ll meet with Irene?.”

“3 PM. I’m hungry right now...,” she said while touch her belly.

“Okay, let’s have lunch..,” he grab her hand.

“Jonghyun-ssi, don’t grab my hand so naturally like that in work place,” Jonghyun pulled off his hand and smile to her, while Yura look at him so deeply..., “I’m still wonder, why you come to my dream..did we really meet before this year?,” suddenly he asked Jonghyun about the dream.

“I appear in your dream..wah, I must be a precious person to you then..”

“What are you saying...let’s go.”

After lunch, Yura waiting for Irene in a meeting room while listening to the music. After thirty minutes, Irene come with her manager and stylist. Yura show to them the design that she made from four days ago,

“I thought your speciallity is wedding dress. It’s nice, I like it, but can you add a decoration near here so it’ll look more elegant,” she ask another favor, Yura nod and make a sign in the area that she pointed out, “I want an elegant colour, like dark red or black.”

“Okay, I’ll looking for the best fabric for this dress,” she take a note.

“Want to have lunch with me?,” she asked Yura to have lunch togather.

“I had my lunch with Jonghyun this afternoon, thank you.”

“With Jonghyun?..you call him ‘Jonghyun’?.”

“It’s his name, right?. Is it wrong to call him that?,” Yura confused.

Irene’s manager gives Yura signal to ignore Irene, Yura gives him smile, “yeah..it’s his name, but you call him just ‘Jonghyun’, for me it’s strange.” Her manager gives Yura signal once again to end the conversation about Jonghyun,

“Okay..I’ll contact you or your manager if the design is ready. Then, I’ll leave first,” after bowed to them, Yura leave the meeting room.

“I think they are really close, Jonghyun-ssi called her just ‘Yura’ and she called him just ‘Jonghyun’.”

“It’s their name anyway, so it’s not strange that they called by their name. Can I ask to you about something?,” Irene nodding, a sign for her manger to ask that ‘something’, “do you like our president?, and you think he likes you too?.”

“Maybe, I do love him, and I think he loves me too. Don’t you know he always smiling ear to ear when meet me, it’s a sign from him.”

“Because he smiled while looking at you, and you make conclusion that he love you, it’s too simple for something called ‘love’. I just saying this, don’t put too much feeling in your delusional,or you’ll hurt by it.” Her manager advice make her angry, so she his him hard,

“What are you saying?, delusional?.”

*

Jonghyun POV:

I saw her from a far leaving the building, when I try to call her name, my phone ring..it’s from her,

“Hello..” she didn’t reply until I said, “what are you thinking?, if you called me said something…”

“About the wedding..I want to attend it with you. Is it alright?.”

“Of course. I’m the one who asked you first. Want to wait for me?, I’ll drive you home..”

“Nope..I’ll go by myself, our boss is so busy today..”

“Nope..I just finished my work for today, just wait for me there, I’ll go there…” she look confused with my words, so she tried to looking for me who is watching for her all this time, when I’m walking closer to her, she wave her hand many time, but slowly that hand stoped wave and her gaze change…suddenly she take out her wallet from her bag, and open it slowly. I run to her to stop her, there is a photo of our childhood in her wallet., I had a bad feeling. Don’t know why, now I don’t want her to recognize that I’m Jjong, her old friend. Because her words from that day..

“What are you doing?,” I touched her hand because of shocked with sudden skinship, her wallet sliped from her hand, I take it and closed it for her, “let’s go.” I said while push her body so she will forget about that wallet, she put her wallet to her bag again without saying anything. And, now, I’m become more afraid that you’ll realized that the one that you can’t see, already by your side all this time. Because I can’t guarantee, if me in your imagination is same with me in real live. I’m such a coward.