~Chapter 7

Gazette Knapped!

Aoi’s POV

I woke up and heard someone walking down the hall which is unusual in this house. I am usually always the first one awake. So, I walked over and opened my door not thinking, to see who it was.
“Oh my god, Aoi. Put some clothes on!” Alaina said, covering her eyes as she walked to me.
“Oh yeah… I forgot I sometimes sleep in boxers…” I replied, looking down.
“Yeah… Go put some pants on…” Alaina replied, still covering her eyes.
“Come here…” I laughed, grabbing her hand.
I grabbed her hand removing it from her eyes, and sat her on my bed. I walked over to my dresser and dug out a pair of my favorite white skinny jeans and slipped them on.

I looked over and noticed that Alaina was no longer covering her eyes and looking around my room while glancing towards my stomach every once and a while.
“Come on, I’ll show you how pretty the sunrise is…” I said, buttoning my pants as I walked over to her.
“Please sleep with clothes on from now on…” She said, blushing.
“If I remember, sure…” I replied, rolling my eyes as I took her hand and led her outback.
We walked over to my favorite spot in the grass, and sat down. I pointed in the direction of the sunrise, and she sat back and stared in awe.
“It’s so pretty…” Alaina said, leaning back on her elbows.
“Have you never seen a sunrise before?” I asked, curiously, though shockingly.

I looked at how sparkly her eyes were in the sunlight, and how beautifully tanned her skin was; the way her hair glistened and flowed in the wind. She truly was a pretty girl. I reached over and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, kissing her forehead. She giggled and moved back to her original sitting position. I laughed and she smiled at me so I moved my hand over hers and didn’t hold her hand, just rested mine on top of hers. She moved her elbows and let herself fall onto the hard ground, making a slight groan when she fell.
“Owie… That hurt more than I thought it would…” She said rubbing her head.
“Awe… come here babe. You can use me as a pillow…” I said, bringing her head over to my chest.

I let her rest her head on my chest for a while as we watched the clouds go by, pointing out shapes and what we saw in the clouds. I smiled to myself knowing that Uruha was going to eventually come out and see us. Though, since the girls have been here, he hasn’t punished us over very many things. He usually just yells at us or makes a snappy comment.
“I never knew how pretty a sunrise was. Or even that clouds could look like objects other than white puffy cotton balls in the sky…” Alaina said, pointing to the sky.
“Well then I am glad that I was the one who got to show you. I usually do this every morning… Um, If you want, we can do this together?” I asked, smiling, hoping she would say yes.

I waited for her reply, then she laughed lightly and rolled over on her stomach to face me.  She rested her elbows on my chest and looked me in the eyes, practically all up in my face.
“Can I call you Aoi-bear?” She asked, just out of the blue.
“Uh, yeah… sure…” I replied, smiling at her.
“Yay!” She replied happily.
“Only if I can call you…” I said, thinking to myself.
“Call me?” Alaina asked, leaning closer with anticipation.

 

I thought for a moment, long and hard as of what to call her. I can’t call her Alaina-poo because that’s just stupid. I’ll just call her alley-bear. Yeah, that doesn’t sound too bad, and its relevant to mine as well, so I think I’ll just call her that.
“I’ll call you alley-bear… Okay?” I asked, patting her head.
“Bleh…alley isn’t my name though…” Alaina replied, sticking her tongue out at me.
“Fine, then Alaina-bear it is…” I replied, laughing.
When I laughed, Alaina smiled and layed back down beside me and poked my stomach before rolling away.
“Hey! Come here, you!” I said, following her and grabbing her sides.

Alaina just squealed and curled into a ball so I rolled over so she was on my stomach. She layed back normal so I put my arms around her waist and she struggled against me trying to get free of my hold. I poked her side and she squealed before crunching up again like a roly-poly. I laughed until she punched me in the stomach moments later, causing me to roll over and release her.
“Ha, I win!” She said happily, doing a little victory dance.
I couldn’t let her win that easily, what do you think I am?
“Really? That’s funny, because I don’t remember losing?” I said, rolling over top of Alaina.
Alaina quit laughing and her eyes got bigger and wider. Its almost as if she thought I was being serious instead of joking around.
“You should see you face… You know I’m not going to do anything to you, right?” I laughed, rolling beside her after leaning down to kiss her cheek.

Alaina let out a breath I didn’t know she was holding then rolled over on her side to look at me.
“I… I just get scared… I mean, I don’t know you guys, or what you do, or have done. I know nothing about any of you. All I know is that you kidnapped me, and I don’t even know what for?” Alaina said.
“Oh, about that… Well, Sebastian was trying to help us find a girl to hold for ransom. You see, right now, we are having a bit of a money crisis though, Sebastian took it on himself to try and take care of it. We actually have back-up funds. Though, we decided that maybe it would be fun to hold you guys for a while since we never get any company or visitors except for whoever Sebastian brings.” I explained.

I gave Alaina a minute to take in what I have said so far, then continued with the story.
“We don’t ever get visitors or anything because our house is believed to be condemned… or something like that. Nobody really knows we live here…” I said, looking at her confused expression.
“So, really… You have no reason to keep us here, you just like to because you wanted company?” Alaina asked, trying to understand everything I just told her.
“Well, yes and no… You’ll figure it out as we go along…” I replied, smiling at her.
“Oh, uh, okay…” Alaina said, smiling and nodding, though you could tell she was still a little confused.

About that time, Uruha came out looking for her and saw us together. Alaina crawled over me and layed across my stomach, her stomach on mine while resting her head on her elbows. Uruha looked at me angrily, so I figured I would make him even madder and sat up so that Alaina fell in my lap instead; knowing that she wouldn’t move but only laugh.
“I was just making sure you didn’t get away… I am going back inside now…” Uruha said, as he left.
“You aren’t going to sit out here with me and Aoi-bear?” Alaina asked, smiling.
“No, I’m going to go take a shower. You sit out here with Aoi-bear and enjoy whatever it is you are doing…” Uruha said, walking quickly back inside.

Well, looks like I succeeded in making Uruha jealous. I’m glad too, this will be payback for all them years of punishment which was truly punishment. Though, Alaina is getting me to start liking her which isn’t good. I mean, it is because she is a girl, a pretty one at that. And she is built nice too, but as far as dating her, Uruha wouldn’t only punish me, he’d kill me. Although, since the girls have gotten here, we have all been pretty unruly and Uruha hasn’t done anything about it, I might consider it.
“What are you thinking about?” Alaina asked, her face two inches from mine.
“About stuff…” I replied, looking her in the eyes; her beautiful green eyes.
“What kind of stuff?” She asked, smiling.
“Oh, the stuff that doesn’t concern you…” I replied, lying entirely.

Alaina stuck her tongue out at me, nearly my face, then fell back beside me laughing.
“You are one crazy girl…” I said, laughing along with her.
“I always have been… and I always will be…” Alaina said, smiling as she stood up.
“Where are you going?” I asked, reaching for her hands.
She grabbed my hands and pulled, helping me up to my feet then walked over to the edge of the fence so I followed closely behind her in case she tried to jump.
“I don’t know… but a shower does sound nice. I mean, I have no other clothes obviously, but I have worn these for three days now and its starting to smell bad… plus, my hair is getting greasy…” Alaina whined, playing with her hair, then braiding it into pigtails.

I laughed and took her hair out of the braids because she had them crooked and re-braided them for her. I started to picture her wearing one of my old tee-shirts and it was the cutest thing ever.
“If you want, you can use my bathroom since Uruha is taking a shower, and I can let you borrow one of my tee-shirts while your clothes are being washed?” I offered, smiling at the thought of her in my clothes.
“Okay, but only until my clothes are being washed, right?” She asked, pointing a finger at me.
“Right, only while yours are being washed.” I replied, nodding.
“And no peeking on me either, deal!” She replied, her finger getting closer to me.

I shook my head yes then grabbed her hand and led her inside. I walked into the living room to find Ruki and Kai cuddled up together on the couch which caused my face to get hot for some reason. I rushed Alaina past them and brought her to my room, sitting her on my bed while I dug through my drawers for a tee-shirt she could borrow. I found one of my favorite white button-ups and gave it to her.
“Here, you can put that on when you get out… or this one?” I said, throwing her my favorite one and only black button-up I found in my drawer.
“I’m going to go with the black one… its less see through…” Alaina replied, throwing back the white one.

 

I grabbed her hand, and showed her where my bathroom was, then sent her in and closed the door behind her.
“No peeping!” She yelled from behind the door.
“I promise… I will sit out here and watch TV until you come out.” I replied, laying down in my bed.
I watched cartoons patiently until I heard the bathroom door handle jiggle about a half hour later. I looked over as the door opened to reveal Alaina.

She was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. She had my black shirt on that went to about her mid-thigh, and her beautiful, long black hair was no more but a mess of tangled, curly, wet, hair with random streaks of red. She looked at me blushing shyly and walked out of the bathroom, with her clothes in her arms.
“Um, where do I put these?” She asked, walking over to the edge of the bed.
“Throw them in my hamper and I will do them later…” I said pointing across the room to my dirty clothes bin.
“Okay, thank you for letting me borrow the shirt…” She replied, dumping her clothes into the bin.
“No problem… Although, you don’t look comfortable… would you like me to see if I can find you a pair of pants or something?” I asked, sitting on the edge of bed, watching her walk back over to me.
“Umm, if you would please…” She replied, blushing still as she tried to pull the shirt down a little more.

I laughed, which caused her to blush more, then got up and headed over to my dresser. I dug through my pants until I found a pair of my old sweat pants. I handed them to her so she could look at them and see if she liked them.
“That’s all I have that would fit you… Try them on and see if they are too bit or not…” I said, awkwardly.
I never thought I would ever have to go through my clothes so that a girl could wear them. Although, I must admit, she looks really cute in that shirt I gave her. To be honest, I am hoping that the pants don’t fit so that she has to walk around in just my shirt because its so adorable and Uruha would be so pissed if he saw her I nothing but my shirt.
“I can try… but I don’t know… they look kind of big?” She replied, sitting down on my bed so she could slip them on.

Once she got them on, she stood up and looked down, watching them as they fell back down. They were too big for her.
“Huh, well… It looks like they won’t fit… You’ll have to do without pants. Is that okay?” I asked, hoping she’d say yes.
“Yes, it’s fine. Thank you for everything so far… You’ve been really nice to me.” She replied, handing my sweat pants back to me.
“You’re welcome, Now if you want, you can watch TV but I think I am going to go and take a shower too if that’s okay with you?” I said, giving her the remote control before heading to the bathroom.
“Yeah, that’s fine.” She replied, lifting the covers and making herself comfortable in my bed.
“Hey now, don’t get too comfortable in there; that is my bed…” I said, pointing at her while smiling playfully as she stuck her tongue out at me.