Chapter 9

Gazette Knapped!

Kai’s POV

I walked into Uruha’s room and noticed he was laying on his bed with his hands covering his face. So, I slowly walked over to him and gently shook his leg.
“Hey, dinner is done. Come eat, boss…” I said, making sure he looked at me before walking away.
He got up and followed me out of the room, though he headed downstairs for the kitchen as I was heading towards Ruki’s room. I knocked on the door and got no response so I just opened it and walked in.
“Hey, dinner is done. If you want food, come and get it.” I said, smiling.
“Um, if its all the same to you… would you mind making me a plate and bringing it to me. I’d like to eat in here by myself…” Ruki replied.

I was shocked by his response but nodded my head in agreement and walked out. I walked downstairs and noticed that only Uruha, Reita and me were in the kitchen. Then, we heard people stumbling and turned around to see Aoi and the girls walking in the kitchen. Aoi had a large smirk on his face as he walked by Uruha and over to the counter to get food. Meanwhile the girls are trotting behind him with tee shirts and blankets. Kairi was wearing one of Reita’s shirts while using his blanket to wrap around her waist and Alaina was wearing Aoi’s shirt with his blanket wrapped around her waist.
“I know it looks bad, but nothing happened…” Kairi said, walking over to grab a plate.
“Do you have any duct tape I can borrow?” Alaina asked, smiling sweetly at Aoi.
“Depends, why do you need it?” Aoi asked, looking at her suspiciously.
“So that I wouldn’t have to hold this blanket up…” She replied, whining.

Aoi laughed then walked up to her closely.
“Why don’t you just let go of the blanket and come back for it?” Aoi asked, leaning in closely to her face.
“No… I don’t want too, I don’t have any pants on, you know that!” Alaina whined back.
“And? Its not like any of us would care?” Aoi replied with a smirk.
“That is true, the most we would do is enjoy the view…” I said, chiming in laughing.
“Shut up, Kai! You stay out this!” Kairi said angrily.
“Why can’t you just go buy me some clothes?” Alaina whined again.
“I don’t know your size. And you can just go around in a tee shirt; nobody is going to care…” Aoi replied.

The girls ignored Aoi’s comment and got them food then stole a pop from off the counter. Alaina walked out to the table and sat down, so Aoi sat on one side of her, while Kairi sat on the other and Reita sat next to Kairi, so I sat across from them by Uruha who was sitting across from Aoi and Alaina. I noticed Uruha glancing up at the two of them every now and then.
“You can drop the blanket at any time. I’m sure Uruha here wouldn’t mind it if you went around like that.” Aoi said, breaking the awkward silence, causing Alaina to blush slightly.
“No… I would rather carry around this blanket.” Alaina replied, playing with her food with her fork.

Kairi gave Aoi a dirty glare and he put his hands up in defeat though, standing firmly to his words. They could do that, I would agree with him on that. I see why they are making such a big deal out of it though. I mean, two girls surrounded by five guys who are pretty much constantly hitting on them. Plus, not to mention that we kidnapped them.
“I’d agree to that…” Uruha replied, almost expressionless.
“Hey, where is Ruki?” Alaina said smiling brightly as she awaited the answer.
“He asked to eat in his room alone. I was supposed to bring him a plate…” I replied, smiling back at her.

Ruki’s POV

I wonder what is taking Kai so long to bring me food. He should have been here by now.
“Ugh, I am so hungry. I don’t want to go downstairs though…” I said, sadly laying on my bed.
“Ruki! I brought you food!” One of the girls yelled.
I really wanted food so I walked over to open my door but just enough to see who it was. It was both of them, Kairi and Alaina.
“Come on, let us in… We brought you food!” Alaina said, smiling as she shoved a plate of food towards me.
“Fine…” I grumbled, opening my door to grab the plate.
I grabbed the plate and headed back to my bed and sat down leaving my door open. They walked in, closed the door behind them and sat on the end of my bed and comforted me. Alaina moved up on the bed so she was sitting right next to me, and grabbed my spoon out of my hand.
“Hey… what are you doing?” I asked, backing away slightly.

Alaina looked at me with a smile I just couldn’t resist. I am still a little mad at her, but maybe I should listen to the full story before assuming that things happened, when they might not have happened. She seems like a pretty decent girl so I hope I am right when I give her the benefit of the doubt.
“I am going to feed you so you can rest. I saw how everyone reacted when Kai said that you were going to eat alone. So, we came to check on you!” Alaina said smiling.
“Yeah, we were worried about you…” Kairi said, smiling as she leaned forward to hug me.
Honestly, this blows my mind because Kairi is usually never this nice to me. Although, I never really gave her anytime to show the real her, I was always making her mad by flirting with Alaina. They are actually kind of sweet.

I never expected them to be so sweet and innocent.
“Thanks. And um, why are you guys sitting on my bed dressed like that?” I asked, pointing to them, moving my finger up and down.
“Well, all we had was a tee shirt so we stole their blankets to use as the bottom half of our clothing.” Kairi replied, smiling happily as she reached down to pull up the blanket that wasn’t there.
“Yeah, but where are the blankets?” I asked, laughing as they turned around panicking.
“Ah, where did they go!” Alaina asked, pulled my covers over her.
“You guys didn’t come in with them on…” I replied.
“What?” Kairi said, wide eyed.

I laughed uncontrollably when Alaina jumped behind me and hid herself behind my back as soon as someone knocked on the door.
“Well, I am staying here… I am hiding so that Kairi doesn’t yell at me if someone sees me like this.” Alaina replied, resting her chin on my shoulder.
“Hey, you girls left your blankets in the kitchen when you grabbed the stuff for Ruki… Can I come in?” Kai said knocking on the door.
“Yeah, sure. Come on in, Kai.” I yelled as Kairi immediately pulled the covers over her lap to cover.

Kai walked in, holding the blanket that the girls were so desperately trying to find. I was surprised when Kai directly handed them their blankets then turned around like a gentlemen until they were able to cover themselves again. That was so unlike Kai to do, he must have gotten a death threat?
“Thank you for turning around, Kai. And thank you for involuntarily letting me use you as a hiding spot…” Alaina said, smiling shyly at me.
“Yeah, no problem.” Kai replied, sitting on the edge of the bed, closely to Kairi.
I wonder if he has a slight thing for Kairi.
“So, can we all agree to lock the door and play some cards and not let anybody else into this room?” Kairi said, pulling the pack of cards off my nightstand and holding them up.

I just smiled as I reached to pull them out of her hands, then laid them on my pillow before standing up. I laid my blanket out on the ground and got my food and sat it beside where I was sitting; then I walked over to get the cards.
“What are we playing?” Kairi asked, sitting down across from me.
Alaina and Kai joined; Alaina sitting to the right of me and Kai on the left of me.
“This is going to be a really fun awkward game…” I said laughing as Alaina smiled sweetly.
“Yes, it is going to be…” Alaina replied, making sure that she was fully covered with the blanket.
“Okay, you know what. As long as you play the game and not be creepy about it I am taking this stupid blanket off, it’s making me hot. I hate the heat…” Kairi said, shocking everybody.
“What?” She replied, when Kai and I looked at her.

Alaina immediately ditched her blanket once Kairi moved hers off to the side although, Alaina wrapped hers around her shoulders.
“Alright… how about a game of black jack?” Kai asked, smiling at everybody.
“Deal...” The girls said looking at each other with evil smiles.
I have seen Kai play black jack, and I have also seen him win. I have never seen him lose once to anybody.
“Are you sure you want to lose again, Ruki?” Alaina said, challenging me.
“Are you sure, you’re not going to lose this time?” I replied, raising an eyebrow at her.
“Positive…” She replied, confidently.
“Yeah, and she has me as a back up. If you want, we can make wages?” Kairi suggested, grinning.
“Okay. Slavery for one week. You’re mine, you’re his. Deal?” Kai said, pointing to Kairi to be his then pointing to me and Alaina.
“Ugh, deal…” Alaina and Kairi replied in a creepy unison.

We heard a knock on the door, assuming Reita, Uruha or Aoi. Though, we weren’t sure which, so we made Kai go check. Kai opened the door slightly and peeked out to see who it was.
“It’s Aoi… Is he invited to our party?” Kai said, closing the door slightly.
“No, only us four! Remember, we already agreed. The stakes have been made and we are not losing. And plus, nobody needs to see us like this…” Kairi said, putting her cards towards the ground as she talked.
“You heard the girl…” Kai said, closing the door on Aoi.
“Hey! Let me in, I wanna play too!” Aoi said, banging on the door.
“No!” We all replied in unison before we started laughing.

Aoi slid down the door harshly and sat at the bottom.
“Let us in!” Reita said, whining as he came up knocking right afterwards.
“I tried, they won’t let us in…” Aoi whined.
“Will you guys shut up! We can’t think over your constant whining!” Alaina yelled.
“You guys, Promise you will go to bed as soon as your game is finished?” Uruha said, tapping on the door.
“Yes, Uruha!” I replied, smiling as I laid down my hand.
“Awe, damn…” Alaina said frowning as she laid her cards down.
“We win!” Kairi said, pointing out their winning hands.
“Wait, what? I thought we won?” Kai said, shockingly.
“Nope, you can never beat us at cards games, especially when there are wagers as good as that. Now I am going to bed, peasants…” Kairi said, standing up and walking out of the room.

We heard Reita and Aoi slump off the door when Uruha came so we assumed they had already went to bed.
“Well, I am getting tired, and I am sure y’all can sleep in your rooms. Unless, you want to sleep in my bed with me…” I replied, raising an eyebrow at Alaina.
“No…” Kairi said, harshly.
“Yes, Kairi.” I replied, saluting to her as she walked out.
“I’m going to bed too…” Kai said following behind Kairi.
“Seriously though, if you want to sleep in here with me, you can… I might feel better if someone stayed with me a while longer…” I said, hoping she would stay with me.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed and hurt when I saw her in Aoi’s bed dressed the way she was dressed, but I just assumed things. I never stuck around or asked what they were doing, so I never gave them the chance to explain themselves.
“Okay… I’ll stay in here for a while longer…” Alaina replied, laying down in my bed, curling up in Aoi’s blanket that she stole from his room a while ago.
“Yeah!” I replied, laying beside her.
I layed so that we weren’t facing each other, although our backs were touching under Aoi’s warm blanket; I really hope she leaves his blanket in here with me, it smells just like Aoi. It makes me feel as though he is in here with me. I like the smell and feel of it.

Alaina’s POV

I layed with Ruki until he fell asleep then inched my way out of bed and made my way towards the door. The way Ruki was so cutely curled up in Aoi’s blanket made me want to leave it with him; so I did. I walked into Aoi’s room after carefully shutting Ruki’s door so it didn’t make a sound.
“Hey… If you are still up, I brought you Ruki’s blanket. He was pretty curled up in yours since that was the closest blanket to him at the time.” I whispered, quietly walking in to Aoi’s room.
“What? First, you accuse me of being a ert, then you steal my blanket and let someone else sleep with it? Gosh, that’s so rude…” Aoi said, opening his arms to invite me to bed.

I walked over to him and hugged him, but when I hugged him, he forcibly pulled me into bed with him and made me lay down with him for a few minutes.
“You know, the moment I saw you, I knew you wouldn’t be mine. You look too much like Kaitlin. So, Uruha is going to be extra careful around you and watch his actions, words and thoughts…” Aoi said, smiling to himself as he looked into my eyes.
“I don’t know what you are talking about…” I replied confused.
“You’ll understand eventually. Go to bed, and I am charging you for that blanket.” Aoi said, smiling as he let me go.

I walked out of his room, and headed down the hallway for Uruha’s room. I know, my room is safe to sleep in now, but when I slept with Uruha the night of the storm, I could actually sleep. I was able to relax and feel like someone would watch over me while I slept and that he would take care of me.
“Hey… What are you doing in here?” Uruha asked, as I walked in and sat on his bed.
Uruha had just come out of the bathroom, getting ready to go to bed, I am assuming. He walked over to the bathroom and shut the door after turning off the light and coming out shirtless. Hot damn did he have a nice body, and a toned one at that.
“If you’re not careful, you might start to drool…” Uruha laughed crawling into bed, relaxing.
I turned my face immediately towards the ground, frozen with a little bit of embarrassment, yet relief.
“So, why are you in here at this time? What do you want?” Uruha asked, curiously.

I looked at Uruha who still seemed kind of sad, or hurt. I leaned towards him and hugged him wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing him gently.
“I am sorry if I did anything to hurt you…” I whispered as Uruha just sat still emotionless.
“You... you didn’t do anything wrong…” Uruha replied, slowly moving his arms up to hug me.
“I am not sure if that is true or not, but I am sorry…” I replied, almost in tears for some reason as Uruha and I remained sitting there hugging for another five minutes before laying down, getting situated and going to sleep.

I've been trying to keep up with the story, I promise. I just have to get better about posting it once I'm done writing it! Hehehe, sorry.... >.< Love you guys!