Chapter 16

Gazette Knapped!

Kairi’s POV

I went to sleep next to Kai who was holding me like a teddy bear and woke up the same way. I was laying in the arms of Kai and he was still sleeping while cuddling me like a teddy bear. I tried to get out of his grasp but it was too strong so I had to lay there and wait for him to wake up. Once Kai woke up and saw that he was holding onto me, he immediately pushed away from me causing him to fall off the bed.
“I’m so sorry! Please don’t hate me, I have a habit of cuddling in my sleep because of Ruki…” Kai said, sitting up after rubbing his head.
“I can look past it for now… Besides, I am used to cuddling with my body pillow at home, so it probably wasn’t just your fault.” I replied, smiling to let him know that I wasn’t mad.

Kai relaxed and smiled back, then sat on the edge of the bed. He looked at me with a serious expression and sighed.
“So you know that today is when we go swimming right?” Kai asked, curiously.
“Yeah, I know… Hey, do you have a t-shirt that I can wear over my swim suit so that I don’t get molestated on the walk to the pool by Reita?” I asked, poking his side, causing him to cower.
Kai stood up and walked over to his dresser then opened the middle drawer and started digging through the clothes. He pulled out a navy blue t-shirt that was long enough to reach my knees but small enough to fit my physique just right. Kai walked over and handed it to me smiling happily.
“Will that work?” He asked, tilting his head slightly.

I laughed as I reached for the shirt and slipped it on over my current shirt. One good thing about cuddling is that if you are cuddling tight enough, you can’t strip your clothing completely. The shirt fit exactly the way I thought it would, though it fell about an inch or two above my knees but it fit my physique perfectly. I know it looked good because when I looked up Kai was blankly staring in my direction with a smirk on his face while his eyes trailed along my body.  I smacked his cheek and he frowned.
“Don’t look at me like that… We aren’t dating so you have no right to look at my bah-ray!” I said, laughing at his facial response.
Kai looked at me, wrinkles slowly forming on his forehead as he raised his eyebrows signifying that he had an idea while his frown turned into a smile.
“What if we were dating? I could keep Reita away from you, or at least it would keep him under control…” Kai suggested, immediately his face turning a flamingo pink before looking away.

I laughed obnoxiously, probably more than necessary but even then, it was still funny. I stood up and smiled as I walked over to his side of the bed and sat on his leg while looking at his face.
“I think we might be able to…” I whispered happily.
Kai smiled and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist in a hug.
“Is this just to keep Reita away from you… or do you actually mean it?” Kai asked curiously.
“I think we can date for a while and see how it goes. You seem really sweet…” I replied.

Kai smiled and let me loose then rested his hands on my hips before pushing me towards the bathroom.
“Get changed into your swimsuit! After we eat, we are leaving right away… Although, I will be downstairs making food so just come downstairs when you are done!” Kai said happily as he walked out the door before I closed the bathroom door.
I changed into my swimsuit and slipped on the t-shirt that Kai gave me over my swimsuit then headed out of my room and to the downstairs. I walked over by Kai and peeked around his shoulder to see what kind of food he was making. He turned around and hugged me as soon as Reita walked into the room and I gently punched him in the side before leaving to sit at the island.

Reita stood behind me and just stared at me without saying a word.
“What?” I asked, annoyed.
“How come you let him hug you but I can’t even hug you…” He whined, crossing his arms like a child.
I noticed Kai turn around and open his mouth like he was about to say something, so I quickly shot him a glare to keep his mouth shut. Once Kai saw my face, he just smirked and turned back towards the stove to flip the eggs.
“I think you two are up to something…” Reita said before child-like stomping angrily out of the kitchen.

Kai walked over beside me and put a plate full of bacon and a few eggs then leaned in closer to me, touching his back to the counter as he looked at me with a smirk.
“So what do I get for keeping quiet and being a good boy?” Kai asked, smirking as he was still holding the plate of food, hovering it over the table.
I was afraid that he would take away my plate of food if I told him nothing so I leaned forward and planted a kiss on his cheek. He smiled then pecked my cheek after setting down the plate then running playfully around the table and back to the stove. I heard some random scuff noises and assumed that it was Reita.
“What do you want?” I asked, annoyed.

Aoi looked at me with a surprised slash confused look on his face as he walked to the counter and grabbed a plate of food before going back into the living room. Once I finished my food, I stood up and took the plate over to the sink. I noticed that the dishes were a bit stacked up from the other night, so I just went ahead and started hand washing the dishes. As I was taking my time scrubbing a pan that had baked on cheese stuck to it, Kai came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. He put his hands over mine and helped me scrub the pan clean by giving me a little extra force on the scrubbing. We continued this until all the already dirty dishes were clean and so were the counters and sink. Once we were all done, we decided to go to the living room and see what was on TV.

When we walked into the living room, we found Aoi sitting in the recliner eating eggs while feeding bacon to Alaina who was sitting right beside him on his lap. She giggled when he would drop his hand and let it fall on her side, knowing that she was ticklish. I wanted to barf at their signs of affection that was oddly more affectionate than usual. I waited for Kai to sit down on the love seat, then sat down right beside him, practically laying on him instead of the couch as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I rested my head on his chest and turned slightly to look at Aoi and Alaina who were sitting across from us.
“Why are you sitting on his lap?” I asked, suspiciously.
“Why are you and Kai sitting like that?” Aoi replied as Alaina had just stuffed a piece of bacon into .

I looked at him evilly then waited for Alaina to get done eating before asking another question about the new found closeness of the two.
“He is my slave, I do what I want…” I said pointing my index finger at him.
“Speaking of slavery actually… Is there anything you would like me to do?” Ruki asked, stopping in front of Aoi and Alaina.
“Hmm, not that I can think of at the moment… give me time…” Alaina replied, squinting her eyes at the thoughts running through her mind at that given moment.
“Good…” Ruki said happily as he made his way to the kitchen.

A few moments later, Ruki came back into the living room wiping his mouth after chewing then sat beside Alaina on Aoi’s lap as well.
“Hey, woah? What is this… it isn’t everybody sit on Aoi day?” Aoi said, poking Ruki laughing.
“No! He stays…” Alaina said, pushing Aoi backwards.
Aoi was leaning back onto the chair fully now and Ruki was laying half on him and half beside him in the chair while Alaina did the same on the other side. Alaina grabbed Ruki and curled up next to him like a teddy bear cuddle buddle, though apparently using Aoi as the bed to cuddle on.
“You’re really comfortable…” Ruki yawned playfully as he scooped Alaina up in his arms and held her like a baby doll.

Aoi put his arm around Alaina but just awkwardly kept Ruki there by himself. I looked at Kai who had about the same general expression that I had on that very moment, a look of confusion mixed with an ‘I do not care’ attitude. Eventually, there was a loud thump of someone falling and hitting the floor. I looked up to see it was Ruki. Ruki sat there and rubbed his eyes like a child, then sat on the couch beside Reita who was sleeping as he sat up. I poked Kai in the leg and he wrapped his arms around me waist, then resituated on the couch. I moved his arms and he whined but allowed me to move. I stood up and headed out of the room so Kai got up and reluctantly followed.
“I’m just getting a drink, geez… And when are we going to the pool?”  I asked curiously.
“Whenever Uruha decides to wake up…” Kai replied, scratching his head.

 

Around that time, Uruha walked down the stairs wearing his swim trunks and a loose t-shirt.
“Are we all ready to go?” Uruha asked walking up to Alaina laying on Aoi’s stomach.
Alaina perked up happily and smiled as she stood up, dragging Aoi up with her. Uruha grabbed the keys to the house and walked out, all of us following behind. I solely got up off the couch and gently punched Kai in the side to get him up. He stood up and grabbed my hand, though hiding it behind his back so that nobody saw us.
“Let’s go!” I demanded, catching up with Alaina causing Reita to see Kai and me holding hands.

Alaina’s POV

I was happily walking with Aoi as we were holding hands, walking behind Uruha. We waited for Kai and Kairi to catch up to us.
“Yah, why are you guys holding hands?” I teased, poking at their fingers.
“I’m not allowed to walk unless he is holding my hand in case I try to run away…” Kairi said, trying to pull her hand away from Kai’s.
Kai tightened his grip on her and flashed a look with his eyes, almost as if signaling to her that she wasn’t allowed to let go, while smiling a friendly smile. I laughed and as she walked with her back to me, Aoi pulled my hand causing us to slowly fall behind the others.
“Hey, why did you pull me back here?” I whined, reaching for Kairi as I sped up a little bit.

Aoi just smiled and evil smile as he pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheek.
“This way, we can have some time to just us and nobody can see us because their backs are turned.” Aoi replied smiling as he leaned down and kissed me on the lips while still walking.
“Hey…” I replied, turning away, pretending to be mad.
“Don’t be like that… Come here…” Aoi said, turning my face towards him in which I immediately turned away again.
“No…humph…” I replied, jerking my hand away from his to cross my arms.
“Alaina…” Aoi whined, poking me in my side.

I squealed and started to drop to the ground but Aoi caught me and picked me up bridal style in the process. I tried my hardest to not look at him, but how he was holding me made me feel like a baby and forced me to look at him practically.
“Ha, now how are you going to look away?” Aoi asked, smirking.
“It’s simple… I can just close my eyes…” I replied, closing my eyes.
“Ugh, can I make it up to you with a piggy back ride?” Aoi asked, slightly annoyed that I wouldn’t look at him.
I opened my eyes, smiling happily as I nodded when he rolled his eyes, though remained with a smile on his face as he put me down. He stood in front of me and kneeled down so I could get on his back. Once I was on, he stood up and carried me on his back, eventually catching up and walking right beside the others.

Kairi’s POV

I looked back every now and then at Alaina and Aoi. Something is going on between them and I don’t think I like it. Although, I can’t really yell at her because then she’ll bring up the way I have been acting with Kai. I don’t think she is buying it anymore, she knows that something is up. I know if I point out how close her and Aoi all of a sudden are, she’ll point out the same thing with me and Kai.
“What are you worried about?” Kai asked, not even turning his head to look at me.
“My sister… that’s all…” I replied, looking at him curiously.
How he knew I was worried about something completely confuses me but I continued about my way.

Kai chuckled a bit, then turned to look at me with a bright smile while lightly squeezing my hand.
“Trust me, even if she is dating Aoi. He will take good care of her, I promise. Just like I’ll take care of you… Well, for as long as we are together anyhow…” Kai said, his face turning a light shade of pink as he looked to the ground.
“Well, I just don’t know if I can trust him yet…” I replied, smiling at the ground.
It made me happy to hear those words. I haven’t heard those words since our parents…well, in a long time.
“I just hope he doesn’t do anything he shouldn’t to her because if he does, I will castrate him with a spork and dig out his liver with a melon baller and force feed it to him…” I said, smiling evilly at Kai.

Kai looked at me horrified and let go of my hand, backing away slowly.
“I said him, not you…” I said, turning around to point at Aoi.
That’s when I realized that he was carrying Alaina on his back. She would pretend to pull on reigns and he would follow the commands as if he were a horse. Alaina had a big smile on her face, the realest smile I have seen on her face for a long time. I smiled to myself and Kai picked me up bridal style when I wasn’t paying attention.
“Hey!” I said, playfully hitting his chest so he would let me go.
“What? You weren’t paying attention, it was the perfect opportunity…” Kai replied, kissing my forehead causing me to blush due to him catching me off guard.

I pointed back at Aoi and Alaina without saying anything and Kai turned around to look at them.
“You want me to give you a piggy back ride too, I’m guessing?” Kai smiled, shyly as he put me down and stood in front of me, kneeling down so I could reach.
“Yay! Piggy back ride!” I cheered, jumping on his back.
Kai laughed as he stood back up and began to walk, catching up with the group as we had fallen behind when he crouched down to let me get on his back. We caught up with the others and when we got near Alaina, I reached over and pushed her, causing Aoi to go sideways a bit.

I laughed and Aoi turned to look at us with a hateful glare.
“Hey, watch your lady dude… Keep her tame…” Aoi replied, doing a casual jog to get away from us as Alaina stuck her tongue out at me.
“You know, they do seem like a cute couple… I mean, if they were dating.” Kai said jokingly.
I punched him in the shoulder and he laughed.
“Don’t give me any ideas to do to you…” I replied, gritting my teeth.
“I’m so sorry…” Kai replied, immediately.
“It’s okay, just remember…” I replied, laying my head on his shoulder.

Kai smiled and turned his head catching me off guard and kissed my lips as we walked. I don’t know why I did it, but when he kissed me, I kissed him back until he broke it off, smiling brightly. He slowly dropped me on my feet and turned around to wrap his arms around me. I looked around and noticed that he had been walking so slow that we were by ourselves, everyone else were almost two streets, turning a corner.
“You know how to get there, right?” I asked, pointing to the others.
“Yes, I do…” Kai replied, hugging me tight.
“Good, because they are all the way up there…” I replied, again pointing at them.
“I know they are…” Kai said, holding my shoulders as he stood me back and looked at me.

I was only wearing an old t-shirt of Kai’s over my swimsuit that went to about my mid upper thigh. Kai, grabbed my leg behind my knee and pulled me closer to him, relaxing my leg on his hip while the other arm was around my shoulders pulling me close to him.
“You have no idea how y you look in my clothes…” Kai whispered in my ear before trailing kisses on my neck and kissing me harshly.
I pushed Kai away from me, then held up his wallet happily. When he pulled me close to him and grabbed my leg the way he did, I slipped my hand into his back wallet while he kissed me and swiped his wallet.
“How much money should I get for that?” I asked, curiously as I opened it.
“No you don’t…” Kai replied, snatching it back before I got the cash.

I whined about it until we caught up with the others again.
“How much farther do we have to walk?” Alaina and I both whined.
“Why are you complaining? You aren’t even walking?” Aoi said, bouncing Alaina on his back.
Alaina giggled and I smacked Kai on the arm before running up with Uruha, Ruki, and Reita whom was leading the way. Reita looked at me angrily, then turned his head so he was looking in the opposite direction of me. I felt a slight emptiness in my heart when I noticed that he was avoiding my gaze and wouldn’t look nor talk to me.
“Just around the corner…” Ruki finally replied pointing to a nice hotel.
“Really? Wow, that is a nice place…” I said, checking out the building.
“Yeah, I know the owner of it. He said we could swim in the indoor pool reserved for his family only.” Uruha replied, smiling proudly.
“That’s cool!” I replied, smiling then stopping to wait for Kai.

I noticed Alaina walking with her hand in Aoi’s as they passed me.
“I can’t believe you are making me walk the rest of the way…” Alaina whined as she walked by.
“Well, you need the exercise…” Aoi replied, casually smiling.
“What is that supposed to mean?” Alaina yelled hitting him in the stomach.
I will admit, they would be a cute couple if they were dating. Although, I would be really mad if they started dating without telling me, I am her sister so I should know these things.
“About time you catch up…” I said, still standing as Kai passed me, grabbing my hand, pulling me along.
“Hey, it’s your fault for leaving me…” Kai whined in return.

I noticed that Reita would casually glance back at us every so often and pointed it out to Kai who just chuckled. He shook his head and shrugged as we made our way into the building being greeted by a fairly dressed middle-aged man.
“Welcome Uruha, Ruki, Reita, Aoi, Kai. Ladies…” The man said, bowing.
“Are we still up for swimming today?” Uruha asked, happily.
“Yes you are, but if you don’t mind, my grandkids also asked to swim today … Although, they won’t be over until way later…” The man replied, looking towards Uruha.
“No, it is fine. Your family comes first always.” Uruha replied smiling as the man lead us away.

The man led us into a separate quadrant of the hotel and went into a back room where there was a large, square pool with benches along the sides so you could sit in the water. The pool was huge, and I had never seen one so big.
“How big is the pool?” Alaina asked curiously.
“It doesn’t matter, silly. Just swim in it and have fun…” Aoi chuckled.
“I can do that! Only if we are allowed to jump in it though…” Alaina asked, smiling childishly.
“Oh but of course, fine young lady.” The man said waving his hand.

As soon as Alaina heard that, she immediately took off running, dropping her stuff by the bench and jumping into the pool. Alaina made a cannon ball and after a few seconds, she came up smiling and pointed to all of us.
“Are you coming or do I get this whole pool to myself?” Alaina yelled, swimming backwards.
I shrugged my shoulders and took off running towards the pool, taking my shirt off and dropping by her stuff on the way. I jumped in and made a cannon ball right beside Alaina, causing a large wave to knock her off balance slightly.
“Hey! You could have jumped over there…” Alaina whined, playfully splashing water at me.

A few seconds later and there was a line of cannon balls, one person after the other jumped in. The pool was like the ocean on a stormy day, wild and unforgiving as a wave came over Alaina’s head and knocked her into me. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me, then sat her on my knee, allowing her to take a breath, as we floated in the water.
“Hey, Let me go… I am fine. I can swim on my own…” Alaina said, struggling to get free.

I laughed and squeezed her a little tighter, then made my way towards the steps while dragging her along with me. Alaina splashed everyone who came near us as we swam then I sat on the steps and she sat on my lap.
“Hey, What are you two doing over there? And why are you sitting in his lap?” Kairi asked swimming over to us.
As she got about half way over to us, Reita came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, squeezing her in a bear hug.
“No you don’t… Leave them alone. This is a time to play around and get to know each other better…So, I suggest a game of chicken?” Reita asked, smiling evilly towards Alaina and me.

I smiled at his thoughts and agreed.
“I think it sounds like a good idea, what do you think Alaina, you want to play?” I asked, bouncing her as I kissed her cheek when Kairi was too busy arguing with Reita to notice.
“I think its sounds fun… Kairi! I want to go against you… I’ll use Aoi as my base, you can use Reita…” Alaina yelled happily.
Kai swam over towards Kairi and had her on his shoulders before Reita even had a chance to realize what was going on. Kairi laughed happily and stuck her tongue out at Reita.
“At least I know that I have a base that I can trust who won’t me while I am up here…” Kairi said, just as Kai grabbed her thighs.
“Hey, watch the hands!” Kairi said, soon after Kai grabbed her to reposition her on his shoulders.

Kai laughed and moved his hands back to on top of her knees so that he could hold her in place. I sunk down a step and Alaina climbed up on my shoulders, then I swam over to Kai and Kairi. As soon as I swam in front of them, the game began. Alaina and Kairi were already trying to knock each other into the water.  Before I knew it, Alaina was off my shoulders and falling into the water behind me.
“Hey! You so cheated… You untied my swim suit and knocked me off when I tried to catch it!” Alaina whined holding her chest.
“Alaina, do you need help?” I asked, turning around to look at her.
“Ah! Don’t look!” She said, quickly turning her back towards me.

I swam closer to her and stood behind her, I pulled her closer to me and took the two straps tying them together.
“It’s not like I won’t see them eventually…” I whispered causing Alaina to turn around and smack me playfully when I was done tying her top back together.
“No, you won’t…” Alaina said sticking her tongue out playfully.
“Oh, says you…” I laughed pulling her closer to me and kissing her cheek seductively.
About that time, Kairi came over with Kai and splashed Alaina playfully. Reita, Ruki and Uruha were all talking in the other corner of the pool.
“I have a confession. I can’t keep secrets from my little sis anymore… So, Kai would like to tell you something…” Kairi said, pushing Kai towards Alaina and hiding behind him.

Alaina smiled evilly and covered with one hand while turning her face angry while still smiling under her hand.
“Yeah, and what is this secret?” Alaina said, almost as if she really was mad that her sister kept a secret from her.
“We are together… as a couple and have been for a little while now.” Kai said, cowering as if Alaina was going to hit him.
“You are lucky that I have been keeping a secret too or I would have hit you both by now…” Alaina replied, smiling even more, causing her eyes to crease more.
“Really? And what secret might that be?” Kairi said, instantly popping up angrily from behind Kai as if she was going to murder us both that instant.

Alaina laughed and pointed towards me.
“We have been dating for a little while now too…” Alaina said, now showing her cute smile.
“What?! I will kill you if you do anything to my sister! I swear it!” Kairi said, lunging towards us.
“Whoa, babe. She didn’t get angry at us for lying to her, maybe you should let this one slide? I mean, it’s only fair…” Kai said, holding her back.
“Ugh, fine…” Kairi said, swimming towards the other end of the pool.

Kai stayed over with us as we watched Kairi swim over to Ruki, Uruha and Reita, targeting Reita specifically and dunking him underwater while he wasn’t paying attention.  I noticed that Ruki was watching the two of us, Alaina and me, closely. Uruha watching us like a hawk as well.
“Hey, you know what. I have to pee. So, I am going to run to the bathroom real quick, okay?” I said, swimming slowly to the edge of the pool.
And just like that, Alaina took the bait and followed me.
“Yeah, I have to go pee to. Show me where the bathrooms are in this place…” Alaina said, following me out of the water.

I smiled to myself before turning a straight face and looking at Alaina. I just shook my head and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the family bathrooms. As we got into the bathroom, I locked the door behind us and pushed her up against it.
“You know, I don’t really have to pee. I just noticed that we couldn’t do anything out there because everyone was watching us but we have a lot of privacy in here…” I said, grabbing her thigh and pulling her towards me, wrapping one arm around her waist while the other on her thigh.
“I figured as much, that’s why I followed.” Alaina giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck as I forced her against the door.

I mashed our lips together and slid my tongue across her lips, trying to gain access to , though after multiple tries, she wouldn’t allow me to so I bit her bottom lip and pulled her closer to me. Finally she allowed me access to the inside of , immediately after she opened against mine; I slipped my tongue in and explore . I forced my tongue into every inch of , her doing the same. I broke apart the kiss so we could take a breath and Alaina rubbed one of her hands down my chest, and brought the other one down my back. She wrapped the leg I was holding around my waist and kissed my cheek as I began to kiss her neck and run butterfly kisses along her collarbone.

Alaina dropped her leg and forced us to spin, causing me to be against the wall and the situation to be flipped. She nibbled along my collar bone and the crook of my neck before biting it gently. I let out a satisfied moan and ran my fingers through her wet, tangled hair. Before we could go any farther like I had wanted to, Alaina broke us apart because someone had bung on the door and wanted in.
“Hey, you guys have been gone for like half an hour, and plus I have to pee to!” Kairi said knocking on the door after trying to turn the locked door knob.
Alaina walked over and unlocked the door.

When Alaina opened the door, I immediately turned the water on like I was washing my hands. Kairi rushed in to the very back of the bathroom and burst into the very back stall.
“Apparently, she had to pee really bad…” Kai said walking in as well.
I dried my hands then wrapped my arm around Alaina’s waist, heading out of the door. Kai grabbed my hand and smiled at me.
“You didn’t get too naughty, did you…” Kai asked whispering, winking while smiling at me.
“Of course not… We still have our clothes on don’t we?” I whispered back smiling.
“Quit talking, I want to go back to swim!” Alaina whined, getting out of my grasp and running to the pool.

Alaina jumped in and waves rushed over by Ruki and Uruha, though I noticed that Reita was nowhere to be seen. I continued talking to Kai for a few moments to talk to him about the last couple nights and what we have been up to, as well as what I am planning for us later.
“Well, what are you talking about that made you leave Alaina by her lonesome? And who are those people headed to the pool?” Kairi asked, washing her hands after pointing to two boys who looked about nineteen. 

 

Love you guys! Also, I want you all to know that I will and DO take suggestions. So, if you have any suggestions for the story or would like to make a special guest star appearance, I will gladly accept. Or, if you have any ideas about what will happen next in the story, feel free to speak up and let me know! ~(^.^)~ *hugs* Love you all!