Chapter 16

Gazette Knapped!

Alaina’s POV

I ran away from Aoi and jumped into the pool although, when I came up I saw Reita slipping in between Ruki and Uruha while two juvenile boys made their way towards me. One boy had black hair with dark red tips and the other boy had blonde hair with dirty streaks. They looked as though they had just gotten out of high school and heading off to college. Although, they are pretty cute I must admit. Though, Aoi is just as ripped, a lot hotter, and around my age.

The boy walked over and sat on the edge of the pool beside me as I waited for Aoi to return to the pool after talking to Kai.
“Hey girl… Why don’t we go swim to the corner and have a little fun?” He asked, smiling.
“No… go away. I want to swim like a loner…” I said, splashing water gently towards them.
“Come on baby…A girl as hot as you don’t need to be like a loner… Let me help you cool off a bit?” The boy said, smiling as he slid off the pool wall and into the water beside me.
“Go away… You are like what, eighteen? Nineteen? I am too old for you… so leave me alone or else…” I replied, starting to swim away from them.

As I turned to swim away, the boy grabbed my wrist and spun me to him, wrapping his arms around my waist when I hit into his chest.
“I didn’t give the option of leaving… I asked if you wanted to have some fun…” The boy replied looking me in my eyes.
“You know what…” I said, gulping some water in my mouth.
As soon as the kid opened his mouth, I spit the water at him and swam towards Uruha, Ruki and Reita who were uncontrollably laughing about something.

When I made it to the guys, I hid behind them, well mostly behind Uruha and Ruki, and Ruki put a hand behind him and rested it on my hip protectively.  The boys gave me dirty looks when I stuck my tongue out at them and Uruha smacked my stomach playfully.
“Hey, be nice… I know they were hitting on you but you will survive.” Uruha said pinching my cheek.
“Hey now, you aren’t trying to steal my girl now are you Ruki?” Aoi asked, removing Ruki’s hand from my side.
I laughed and swam over to him, then sat on his lap as we floated in the water as a group.

A few moments later, Kai was yelling at Kairi to let the kid breathe. As it turns out, Kairi had saw the one hitting on me and she dunked him although while she was dunking him and holding his head underwater, the other boy made a comment and touched her . She had both boys underwater so I had to go over to her and pull her away from them. The two boys came up out of the water trying to catch their breath and the manager came in to check on things. Seeing as though Kairi was angrily trying to get past Kai, the manager knew that something was up.
“What is going on here?” The manager asked, deepening his tone.
“They started hitting on the girls so one of them dunked them underwater because she told him no and that she wasn’t interested several times…” Kai said, holding Kairi in his lap and crossing her arms over her chest.
“I’m sorry but you all need to leave immediately. I apologize, because I know these two brats deserved every bit of it…” The manager said.
“But uncle…We didn’t do anything!” They both whined in unison.
“Uh-huh, I’m sure. Look guys, I just don’t wanna have to hear it from the wife that someone bullied her babies and I didn’t do anything about it.” He replied, Putting a hand up to cut off the boys.

I frowned as I looked at Aoi, then hit Kairi and stuck my tongue at her for getting us kicked out of the pool.
“Understood, I apologize manager. We will be leaving.” Uruha said, bowing as we all exited the pool.
“Way to go Kairi; if you weren’t so temperamental!” I snickered hiding behind Aoi again.
“I think they deserved it. They are old enough to know better than that. They need to be taught a lesson. So, shut up and be happy that I stuck up for you, you little brat.” Kairi replied, hatefully.
“Hey… You know what, if you weren’t so physical and violent all the time we would have been fine.” I said, sticking my tongue out.

We headed out of the hotel and decided to just head back home, after all, we had been in the pool for almost four hours. It was about time for us to go anyway. As we were walking, I noticed that Kairi kept casually looking back at Aoi and me. I couldn’t figure out what she was thinking until she stopped walking and smacked me on my face hard enough to knock me to the ground.
“Am I temperamental or do you just not the fact that I have to take care of you? What is your problem, I have tried my hardest to take care of you and you disrespect me every time!” Kairi said, her face glowing with anger, annoyance, and sympathy, mixed with sadness.

I sat there or a minute holding my cheek until the sting died down. I glared at her from below ad released my thoughts before I could process them thoroughly.
“Yeah, you are temperamental and if you were so violent all the time and forceful, then mom would have never of left us!” I replied, spitting at her.
“What?” The guys all asked, with seconds between each one.

Kairi looked at me shocked, but hurt. She looked at me instantly with a face of regret and shut . As she turned to walk away, she ran into Kai but just pushed him aside. Afraid that she would run away, Reita followed behind her, at a safe distance of course. I stared at the ground blankly as I ran over what I had just said, realizing my mistake as soon as I made it. Aoi crouched down beside me and waved a hand in front of my face.
“Hey, Uruha and Ruki have been calling your name for a bit now.” Aoi said, standing me to my feet.
“Oh, uh, sorry.” I replied, bowing to them as I walked in the same direction of Kairi.
“Wait!” Aoi put a hand on my shoulder, “I’ll walk with you.”

I just nodded and subconsciously walked until I came to a stop at a house. Aoi walked in front of me as I stared at the door and opened it, ushering me inside. I walked in and went straight upstairs and to the first room I could find. I sat on the bed and stared at the wall, black with red décor and white trim.
“What do you mean, ‘mom would never have left us’?” Aoi asked, kneeling in front of me to block my line of sight so I would only be able to see him.
“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” I replied, laying backwards onto the bed.
“No. It’s something or you wouldn’t be acting like this, neither would Kairi. So tell me.” Aoi replied, smiling gently.

I heard the door close then saw another figure appear behind Aoi.
“Yes, tell us. What did you mean by that?” It was Uruha.
Uruha’s face had a bit of anger, but hurt mixed in along with annoyance. Although, I really didn’t want them to know because if they find out that we are strays, they might throw us out.
“Tell us.” Aoi repeated after a few moments of silence.
I took a deep breath and began to speak.


Kairi’s POV

I rushed away from the situation as fast as I could. I can’t handle it anymore. I am tired of being the bad guy all the time. Even though I tried my hardest to take care of the little brat, she never appreciates it. I have had to act like a mother since I was thirteen years of age. I guess now though, its about time that I step down. We are both old enough to take care of ourselves, I just never realized it. I had been so worried about giving my baby sister a better life since mom left. Although, I wasn’t the reason mom left, I still felt bad for Alaina.
“Start talking.” Reita said, pushing to a seated position on the bed.
“There’s nothing to talk about.” I replied, looking away from him.
“Oh please, ‘mom left us because of you’ is nothing to talk about?” Reita replied, mockingly.
“Shut up, Reita. I am tired, get out so I can go to bed.” I replied, hatefully as I rolled over to lay on the bed.

Reita didn’t budge, but instead, crawled over top of me and layed on the other side of the bed.
“You’re forgetting that this is my room… Now spill it.” Reita said, rolling on his side to face me.
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, preparing for the story of my life.
“When was nine, my parents thought it would be nice to have another child. They originally didn’t want Alaina and me because we were girls. They wanted a male to become the heir of father’s company, not a female. Once they had us, they decided to keep us only because my father assumed we could be married off later on to other companies in order to make our company stronger and more successful. Once my mother had found out that the child they were having was a boy, they began to disregard us less and less.” I took a brief pause to keep my emotions in check and catch the breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

Reita put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me as I continued.
“Father had been searching the other companies that he was interested in and it just so happened that the main company he had his eye on, had an eldest son around my age and a wife pregnant with a girl. My father made a proposal to the company offering me up first, but the son refused to see me since he was at the age that thinks all girls have cooties. So my father suggested that his daughter should marry his son once they were old enough. The company president hesitantly agreed and signed an agreement contract with my dad promising his daughter’s hand in marriage.” I said sadly.
Reita put a hand on my shoulder before I continued.


Alaina’s POV

Aoi looked at me as if he’d just seen a kitten run out in the middle of traffic and almost got hit, losing a life.
“Once the two became old enough to talk, my father and the other company’s president began immediately having play dates. They waited for the two to grow fond of each other, slowly tossing us aside. By the time my brother was four, my father and mother had completely disregarded us. Kairi and I were forced to take care of ourselves. We had to learn how to cook and clean and basically act like adults before the age of fourteen. Eventually, neither my father nor my mother would recognize us as their own child. They put us in maid outfits, or butler uniforms and treated us as servants when guests would come. They kicked us out once Kairi hit the age of fourteen, I on the other hand was only thirteen.” I said, I could feel the tears starting to well up in my eyes.

Ruki sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders and hugged me gently.
“We lived in an old abandoned hotel building. It was torn down and there was just rubble but a few rooms survived on the bottom floor; so we lived there for a while. We stole food from the street vendors or worked without pay in order to get food from them. Once we both hit eighteen, we got jobs at a restaurant as waitresses. We figured that due to our parents, we were so great at catering to other peoples demands that we would be great at being waitresses. Kairi found some jobs about a quarter mile from our house, if you will, were we both got hired on. We have been living like that, until you guys kidnapped us. We’ve not caused any problems because this is the best we have been treated in our entire lives.” I said, a tear escaping down my cheek.

It was quiet and nobody said a word, so I let out a deep breath and continued to break the silence building up in the room.
“We tried to escape at first because we wanted to live. Once you said that you weren’t going to hurt us, we decided to cooperate because it was better for us here in our current situation rather than our previous situation.” I replied, staring at the floor.
“Seriously! That is why? So even if we did kidnap you forever, nobody would have put out an alert or anything? Well, what is the point of keeping you if you aren’t even going to be useful to us?” Uruha yelled, raging with anger.
“What?” I asked, looking up confused.

Uruha grabbed my arm and pulled me off the bed, and I landed on my hands and needs on the carpet.
“You… You took advantage of us? You knew from the beginning and you still let us do it? What the hell? How could you know that we needed you for money and then not tell us that nobody wanted you?” Uruha yelled, raising his hand.
As soon as Uruha’s hand raised, Aoi and Ruki both jumped up. Ruki grabbed Uruha’s body and held him while Aoi grabbed Uruha’s wrist.
“Uruha, what the hell? Control yourself dude, seriously!” Ruki said, nudging me with his foot and nodding to the door for me to leave.
I nodded back at Ruki, then stood and made a dash for the door.


Kairi’s POV

Once I was done explaining, I realized that Reita had gotten up to stand in front of me, while Kai was still sitting with me on the bed. I slowly raised my gaze to see an irritated face looking back at me.
“What the hell is this?” Reita asked angrily.
“What do you mean?” I asked, slightly confused.
“You mean to tell me that you have been lying this entire time? I can’t believe we thought you would be worth something when nobody, not even your parents want you! I can’t believe you lied to me, uh us, the most?” Reita said, pulling me off the bed.

I stood up quickly after catching myself before hitting the ground and shoved Reita aside before dashing out of the room. As I reached the hallway, I bumped into Alaina crying as she ran down the stairs. We nodded at each other, both having the same idea, and took off towards the front door. I grabbed Alaina’s hand and began heading towards our home, or rather rubble.


Aoi’s POV

I couldn’t believe that Uruha got so pissed that he almost hit Alaina. I hope she is okay, her face said that she was terrified for life. I am just glad that Ruki stepped in and helped me because I would not have been able to stop to him from doing more.
“What the hell Uruha?” I asked, releasing him once he calmed down.
“I just… They used us. They had no particular value to us; we didn’t need them if they had no value.” Uruha replied, hatefully as he dropped his hands to his sides.
“You’re an Uruha. They brought happiness into this house, and it was fun waking up to know that somebody needed us to take care of them. I’m glad you saw them as a need when the rest of us saw them as friends, or little sisters.” Ruki spat as he left the room.

I stood up as well and looked at Uruha with the most hate I could manage in one glare. I was pissed because I liked Alaina. I felt different with her, she wasn’t like any other girl I have dated. I found Ruki and pulled him aside.
“You want to go get her back, well then?” I asked, smiling.
“Hell yeah I do. Let’s lock Uruha in the punishment room first… since he was being a bad boy…” Ruki replied with a wicked smile.
“Deal.” I replied, rubbing my hands together.

Ruki and I walked back into the room that Uruha happened to be in and got close to Uruha.
“Hey, you know. We thought about what you said…” I started.
“Yeah… And what do you think about it?” Uruha asked.
“This…” Ruki replied grabbing Uruha’s hands as I grabbed his legs.
We carried Uruha against his will down the stairs and to the punishment room. I put one of his ankles in my armpit so he couldn’t try to escape while I opened the door then Ruki and I chucked him into the punishment room, after turning on the lights, and locked the door. The punishment room had the fears of everyone in the band. When you were bad, we would lock you in there until you confessed or apologized. Uruha started banging on the door as we noticed Kai running after Reita down the stairs.

I assessed the situation by the faces of the two and grabbed Reita, although, Ruki had the same idea, because he had already had the door prepared. We quickly opened the door and shoved Reita in whom landed on top of Uruha. Ruki closed the door and locked it tight. Then we all three looked at each other, nodded and headed out the door. We searched for hours on end trying to find the girls but had no luck. In the few minutes it took us to lock Uruha and Reita in the punishment room, the girls had managed to disappear from us. Looking towards Ruki and Reita, we exchanged glances and nodded; although we didn’t want to give up just yet but it was already getting dark out and we wouldn’t be able to see anything anyway so we headed home.

Hey, guys! I'm back! Again... Hehehe, well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter because this will be the last of my multiple chapter adding. So, what do you guys think? Do you think they will go out and try again tomorrow? Will they ever find the girls, or are the girls gone for good? How is Reita and Uruha taking it,are they still mad? There are so many questions that have yet to be answered! I guess, I could leave off like an anime and leave the rest up to your imagination. Though, that would be mean, I guess I'll see you all next time! Or will I? Hahaha. Love you ALL! \(^.^)/