Chapter 10

Gazette Knapped!

Kairi’s POV

I decided to go to bed since Uruha came and asked us so nicely. I only did it though because I wanted today to be over with. I mean its bad enough that they all saw us walk out of the dining room and up steps without our leg coverage and then not to mention that I won a game of black jack and now I have Kai as my personal slave for a week.

I just hope they don’t catch on to us by then. I wonder if Alaina is thinking the same thing I am. I mean, we were pretty much alone anyhow; and here we have free living. They feed us, let us shower, and hang out for free. We may have had jobs, but apparently not now since we were kidnapped and haven’t been to our jobs for about a week now. Our boss wouldn’t report us missing because half the time she didn’t care if we were there of not as long as the job got done, that’s all she cared about. I hope it takes them awhile longer to realize that nobody has claimed that we’re missing yet. We have nobody; no family, no friends, just the two of us. Our parents died in a train crash, they were taking the subway to work when the train mysteriously de-railed, wrecking into another train and killed hundreds.
“What are you thinking about?” Reita asked, sitting up in bed.
“Oh, uh, nothing… Why are you in my bed?” I asked, confused.

Reita looked at me weird and laughed as he got up out of bed and walked over to me.
“This is my room, Kairi. I am not in your bed…” Reita said smiling in front of me.
“What? Why am I in here?” I asked.
Apparently, I was so deep in thought that I returned to Reita’s room instead of my own.
“Its okay, I would rather you sleep in here so I can sleep too. It having to stand guard outside your door so you don’t run…” Reita said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, using me to lean on.
“Who gave you permission to use me as a rest stop?” I asked, turning to look at him.
“Please… I haven’t had enough sleep in days. The one night I slept well was when you slept with me during the thunder storm… It’s easier to keep an eye on you in here.” Reita said, slowly pushing me towards the bed by walking behind me and using his body weight to send me forward.
“But…” Before I could say anything, I was already falling onto the bed.

We bounced onto the bed, and Reita laughed, then wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head in the crook of my neck which made me a squirm a little because I don’t like my neck being touched. He moved his head and rested it on the pillow though his arms were still around my waist.
“Just saying, but I am not sleeping in here because you want me too… I am sleeping in here because your bed is more comfortable and because I am too lazy and tired to go back to my own bed…” I replied, trying to sound as hatefully as I could.
“Okay… As long as I get sleep.” Reita said, chuckling quietly as he lifted his arm and moved the hair out of my face from behind.
“And what is this with your arms? They don’t need to be there…” I said, trying to move his arms.

Reita tightened his grip so I couldn’t move his arms, and layed there silently.
“Can I at least have some room to breathe?” I asked, trying to scootch away, although the farther I tried to get away, the closer he scootched to me.
“No… This way I know you can’t run from me and I can sleep without getting in trouble by Uruha.” Reita replied, half yawning as he nuzzled his face in my back.
“Fine… but you owe me for this… I don’t like to be touched, especially like this…” I replied, mumbling.
“Can I trust you?” Reita whispered lightly.
“Yes…” I replied, whispering back, biting my lip out of nervousness.

I don’t know why he asked me if he could trust me or not, but I hope he believes me when I say that. At that time, Reita removed his arm and moved about an inch away from me instead of right next to me with his arms around my waist.
“As long as you don’t run away while I am sleeping…” Reita said, placing his arms in between us, being careful not to touch me anymore.
“What if I just lied to you and told you that to give you false hope and run away through the night?” I asked, trying to see if I could get the answer to why he trusted me.
“Then, I guess you’ll have to deal with this…” Reita said, wrapping an arm loosely around my waist while putting one of his legs over mine.

I flinched slightly at his touch, not expecting him to do any of that. I guess I am stuck with it though for opening my big mouth. Although, for once in my life, when I slept with Reita I felt like I could sleep with no worries. I slept soundly in his arms during the thunder storm, and I didn’t even worry about Alaina that night, for once, I actually forgot about her, as if I had known she’d be safe with Uruha. Even though we just met these guys about a week ago, I feel like they have grown on us; like they are our parents or older brothers. They watch over us, make sure we are well fed, get plenty of sleep, and over all have a great time. I have honestly had hardly any worries the last couple of days since we have been with these guys.
“Quit thinking and sleep… Goodnight…” Reita said, hugging me gently from behind.
“I was trying until you opened your mouth…” I replied, trying to sound hateful, but for some reason failing.
“No, goodnight?” Reita whined playfully.
“Goodnight… are you happy now?” I asked quietly as I turned around to look at him laying there cuddled up to me with his eyes closed.

As I was looking at Reita, I realized how soft and gentle his facial features were. He opened his eyes, noticing that I was staring at him. He gently batted his eyes, opening them to look at me.
“What?” He asked, cutely smiling.
“Nothing… I was just trying to get comfortable, but you prevented me from doing so…” I replied.
“Oh, sorry… then make yourself comfortable real quick, then go to bed. I’ll give you one minute…” Reita said, lifting his arm and leg that was over me.
I turned around quickly and faced him, then closed my eyes. I snuggled under the blanket before Reita returned his leg and arm where they were; only pulling me closer to him this time.
“Hey…” I replied, putting a hand on his chest to push away.
“I’m cold…” Reita replied, resisting the force of me pushing on his chest.

I opened my eyes and realized that he had his closed but was smiling like a little kid in a candy shop.  It was kind of cute, though I still don’t like the kid personally. I will never admit to anything. Suddenly, his face turned into a frowny face, and his brows furrowed together.
“Good night, sweet dreams…” I whispered, so quiet that I barely even made a sound.
He smiled again, though this time a calm, innocent smile. I wonder if he heard me? I watched his facial expressions change while he was sleeping, admiring how gentle and perfect his facial features were.

Reita’s POV

I was laying in bed, hoping to myself the Kairi was going to walk in my door wanting to sleep with me so I layed there staring at the door, getting excited when I heard footsteps.
“What are you thinking about?” I asked her as soon as she walked in my room.
“Nothing… what are you doing in my bed?” She asked, confused.
“This is my room, Kairi. I am in my bed…” I replied, standing up, getting out of bed.
“What? Why am I here?” She asked, trying to recall events.
“Its okay, I would rather you sleep in here so I can sleep too. It having to stand guard outside your door so you don’t run…” I said, smiling to myself as I made my way over to her.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and put almost all of my dead weight on her, smiling to myself that she finally came.
“Hey, who said I am your personal rest stop?” She asked.
“Please… I haven’t had enough sleep in days. The one night I slept well was when you slept with me during the thunder storm… It’s easier to keep an eye on you in here.” I said, slowly pushing her towards the bed by walking behind her and using my body weight to send her forward.
Before she could say anything, we were already falling mid-air on our way to the bed. I laughed when we bounced on the bed then I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on the crook of her neck but she started squirming so I moved my head onto the pillow instead.

I liked laying here with her like this, she hasn’t hit me yet, or made any ert jokes towards me or anything. It was almost like we were a true couple for a moment, but I am not admitting to anything. I mean I just met this girl and she is an annoying, cute, stupid, beautiful, bratty, angel. And oh my god, what am I thinking? She is our victim, that is all, nothing more.
 “Just saying, but I am not sleeping in here because you want me too… I am sleeping in here because your bed is more comfortable and because I am too lazy and tired to go back to my own bed…” She replied, hatefully.
“Okay… As long as I get sleep…” I said, chuckling quietly as I lifted my arm and moved the hair out of her face from behind.

I layed there, listening to her calm, quiet breathing for a few more seconds until she made another comment.
“And what is this with your arms? They don’t need to be there…” She said, trying to move my arms.
I tightened my grip so she couldn’t move her arms, and layed there silently.
“Can I at least have some room to breathe?” She asked, trying to move away from me, although the farther she got, the closer I got to her.
“No… This way I know you can’t run from me and I can sleep without getting in trouble by Uruha.” I replied, half yawning as I nuzzled my face in her back.
“Fine… but you owe me for this… I don’t like to being touched, especially like this…” She replied, mumbling.
“Don’t lie…” I said, smiling to myself when she didn’t comment back.

 

Honestly, I was hoping she would just lay still and not worry about where my hands were. She could trust me to not let my hands wander. I’m not that kind of guy, unless you want me to be because then I would be okay with it, very okay with it.
“Can I trust you?” I whispered.
“Yes…” She replied, whispering back.
“As long as you don’t run away while I am sleeping…” I said, placing my arms in between us, being careful not to touch her anymore because I didn’t want her mad at me.
“What if I just lied to you and told you that to give you false hope and run away through the night?” She asked, almost sarcastically.
“Then, I guess you’ll have to deal with this…” I laughed, wrapping an arm loosely around her waist while putting one of my legs over hers.

I smiled to myself at the fact she just layed there and accepted that she is stuck with me here no matter what. I don’t care if she yells at me and pushes me off the ends of the earth to eternally fall in the pits of hell, I would always come back to her. I would never leave her side for any given moment. I want to be here for her, and I want her to be here for me. I am going to work a little harder if I want her to fully trust me and like me. Although, I am not admitting that I like her, I am just stating that it wouldn’t be a bad thing to be liked by such a beautiful angel such as her. She is still my victim, I just want to play with her, right? Yeah, I only want to play with her, I don’t have any feelings at all for this girl, none whatsoever.
“Quit thinking and sleep… Goodnight…” I said, hugging her gently from behind.
“I was trying until you opened your mouth…” She replied.
“No, goodnight?” I whined playfully, laughing at her last remark.

I am happy though, to be honest. I was almost close enough to her to hear her heart beating until she said that she didn’t like to be touched, so in order to have her remain civil with me, I did as she wished and moved away from her. Although she said she might have to run away tonight since I said that I trusted her, so I wrapped half my body around hers so that we were practically entangled together.
“Goodnight… are you happy now?” She asked quietly.
I closed my eyes before she said anything although, I was a little curious when she started moving, so I waited for her to stop moving then opened my eyes.
 “What?” I asked, curiously.
“Nothing… I was just trying to get comfortable, but you prevented me from doing so…” She replied, giving me a hateful look.

I smiled then rolled over some so that my arm and leg were no longer touching her at all.
“Oh, sorry… then make yourself comfortable real quick, then go to bed. I’ll give you one minute…” I said, rolling my eyes as she turned around to face me completely; afterwards I closed my eyes.
Once she was situated, I opened my eyes and put my arm and leg around her again, only this time, I pulled her closer to me. I didn’t want her to be so far away, I wanted her to be close to me so I could feel like we were together. I didn’t want any space between us because that would mean that we were apart. I wanted to hear her heartbeat and feel her breathing calmly against me.

I looked at how beautiful she was while she layed there, and admired her lovely features. She had beautifully white colored skin. Her hair was a long dark wavy brown mess with random blue sitting on top of her head, falling gently down her back and shoulder. I also couldn’t help but noticed how beautifully the colors of her eyes and the Dark Purple tee shirt I had given her clashed together. I want to know what she is dreaming about? Her face was soft, yet kind while she layed next to me, almost content. I wonder what she is dreaming about to have her smiling so sweet, yet innocent like that. I haven’t seen her make a smile like that before. I leaned as close to her as I could, trying to bring us together. She looks just like an angel when she sleeps. She has heavenly glowing skin, a gentle face, and a kind heart. I really do hope she eventually falls in love with me, I don’t really want to hide it anymore; my feelings for her but I am going to keep them under siege until she starts showing some feelings for me as well.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her and pulled my leg back to my side as I pushed myself closer to her, we were so close to each other that I could feel the warmth of her breath on my skin. I could hear the slow, calm, steady beating of her heart and feel every time she took a breath. I could even smell the sweet smell of strawberries from the shampoo in my shower from when Aoi’s older sister came over. For some reason, she would always choose to use my bathroom out of everybody’s.
“Hey…” She said, putting a hand on my chest to push us apart.
I didn’t want her to push me away, I wanted to be as close to her as I could or as long as I could. So, I came up with the best excuse I could and tightened my grip on her.
“I’m cold…” I replied, resisting the force of her pushing on her chest.
Kairi let out a sigh, then just relaxed and didn’t say another word, so I closed my eyes and we fell asleep together, as one.

Uruha’s POV

I was just getting out of the bathroom from washing my face and shaving when I walked out to find that Alaina had made her way into my room. She was sitting on my bed, apparently waiting for me.
“Hey, what are you doing in here?” I asked, a little shocked, but more angry than intended.
I came out of the bathroom with no shirt on because I usually sleep in just night pants, though sometimes boxers; assuming that Alaina realized I was shirtless because she stared at me for a few minutes with a smirk on her face, not saying a word.
“Hey, if you’re not careful you might start to drool…” I laughed as her face turned pink and shot towards the ground.
“So, why are you in my room this time? What do you want from me?” I asked, somewhat a little angrier than expected yet again.

I can’t believe my words are coming out harsher than I want them too. I mean, I want them to be harsh so she knows I am mad but I don’t want her to think I am mad at her because I’m not; I am actually more mad at Aoi. I walked over to my bed and layed down, relaxing on top the covers, leaning on the pillows against the headboard. Alaina leaned forward and layed on my stomach, wrapping her arms around my neck, burying her face into my shoulder, squeezing me gently in a hug.
“I’m sorry if I did anything to hurt you…” She whispered.
“You… you didn’t do anything wrong…” I replied, sighing as I wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her back.
“Well, I am not sure if that is true of not, but I am sorry… for whatever it is that is bothering you…” Alaina said, nearly in tears is what it sounded like.

Alaina and I sat there hugging on my bed for a little while until she yawned and I broke the hug apart. She sat there, looking at me with a slight smile, her eyes still cute and teary. I leaned forward and pulled the covers out from under me then pulled her up onto my lap and lifted my legs so I could get the blanket out from under me entirely. She giggled quietly when I lifted my legs because she fell back onto my chest and wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing my cheek. I smiled as she slid off under the covers beside me, never moving her hand from my chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close while putting my other hand under the back of my head as a pillow. She snuggled closer to me, laying her head on my shoulder, intertwining our legs; all while her hand, never once left my chest. I smiled to myself the whole time, feeling as though once again, I was happy but knowing that happiness doesn’t ever last forever.
“Goodnight, Alaina…” I whispered kissing her forehead.
“Goodnight, Uruha…” Alaina giggled to my surprise then hugged me tightly.

Kairi’s POV

When I woke up the next morning, Reita was nowhere in sight. I was confused at first, but then worried.
“Where did he go?” I asked looking around.
“I had to get a shower…” Reita said, walking out of the bathroom.
Reita walked out of the bathroom in a pair of pants but no shirt while towel drying his hair. He had a pretty nice six pack as well, if I may add. Although, he was still kind of wet, so his skin was shiny and smooth as if he had just lubed up before coming out into the world.
“Um, are my clothes clean yet?” I asked, not wanting to move from under the covers.
“Yeah, they are over there on my dresser…” Reita said turning around to throw the towel back into the bathroom.

I took this moment to get out of bed and run towards his dresser to get my clothes and get my pants on though, I heard the towel swish in the basket and Reita walk in my direction before I even got to the dresser. I just gave up and grabbed my clothes then slowly walked to the bathroom.
“Do you want to take a shower before switching back into those clothes?” Reita asked, hugging me from behind when I stopped to turn around and answer his question.
“No, I am not. I will take one tonight…” I replied, trying to push away from him so I could put my clothes back on.
“You know, you could always just stay in my room and wear that, and I could get you food and bring you stuff. That way you don’t put on your clothes and dirty them up before getting your shower and stuff…” Reita suggested, smiling sweetly.

I laughed until he let go of me and I about fell on my . I didn’t realize that I was using him to support me entirely. We both started laughing and I stood up straight as Reita took my clothes and sat them on the bathroom sink counter.
“You know, if you stay in here, I can protect you from creepy erts like Aoi.” Reita said, hugging me.
“What is up with you hugging me so much all of a sudden? Go away…” I whined.
“Well, I hugged you once and you were like a huggy-monster so now I just can’t stop hugging you because you are just so dang huggable.” Reita said kissing my forehead, causing my to blush slightly.
“Stop it…” I replied, trying to break the hug.

Reita just laughed and fought against my struggles.
“Awe, is my little baby girl blushing because I kissed her forehead?” Reita said, pinching one cheek, then kissing the other cheek, causing me to blush a little more.
I don’t know why I am blushing when there is nobody else in the room, and how does he know that I am blushing? That’s what I wanna know, he is behind me, he can’t see my face.
“Stop it, I told you earlier. I am trying to make friends with you but you are making it difficult to not burn you alive…” I replied, whining.
“Awe, if that makes you blush… I wonder?” Reita asked.

Although, before I could open my mouth to talk, Reita was tilting me backwards, though sideways and kissed my lips all romantically and stuff. He kissed me for a little bit until I slapped his face, then he stood me back up straight and I looked at the ground, using my hair to cover my face, hoping that he wouldn’t notice how badly I was blushing from that. I have no idea where that came from, and why but I don’t really like it so far. Although, I can’t help but blush after that kiss he made so dramatically. I hid my face by looking down and tilting my head in the direction away from him. He put his fingers my chin gently and lifted my head to look at him. I tried to hide the fact that my face was brighter red than a tulip in the spring.
“I see? Well, better than I expected I guess…” He replied, smiling happily.
“Douche…” I replied quietly.
“You know you secretly loved it…” Reita whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I tried to get away from him but he held me there by wrapping one arm around my shoulders and the other around my waist. I just stood there and thought of a way to get away from him.
“You know what actually, I don’t even care anymore… I’ll just walk around the house like this. I mean, its not like you guys didn’t see us yesterday after dinner when we walked up the stairs…” I said, smiling evilly.
“Yeah, that is true, we did see you girls. Which by the way, you may want to be careful going up the stairs dressed like that… because I mean, Your blue underwear with black lace is cute and all… but I should be the only one to see, not everybody else…” Reita said pouting.
“I don’t care if you want to be the only one to see them or not, Nobody should see them…” I whined, immediately forcing out of his grasp and walking over to his dresser.

I kneeled down in front of his dresser an opened the middle drawer. I assumed his dresser was like mine, top drawer was all the personals then the middle pants and the bottom shirts. I was right, the middle drawer had all of his pants in it. I dug through until I found the smallest pair out of all of them.
“Why are you going through my clothes?” Reita asked, trying to push his drawer shut.
I grabbed the pants and pulled them out before he got it shut and held them up to my waist.
“And you said you had no smaller pants?” I said, making a sarcastic frowny face as I slipped them on.
I looked down and played with the waist band to see how well they would stay on.
“Hey, look at that! They almost fit…” I said walking towards my clothes.

I grabbed my clothes and dug through the pile so I could find my golden bullet belt. I put the belt on and tightened it and smiled when it fit.
“Awe, It looks like I get to walk around with clothes on after all?” I said, smiling evilly as I walked out of the room.
“What? No, you just ruined all of my plans…” Reita whined following behind me.
“Oops…” I said sarcastically as I turned around and smiled evilly at him.
Reita pouted as he walked over and sat on the couch, crossing his arms.
“This so isn’t fair…” Reita replied, still whining as I made my way into the kitchen.

I couldn’t help but smile when I was by myself. Nobody has ever really liked me before, or has ever treated me as sweetly. I am really happy that Reita likes me, I feel like I can trust him, and my gut tells me that someday, we might be the best of friends.
“You have been quite happy today?” Ruki asked, suspiciously walking up to me.
“Huh? Uh, yeah? Am I not allowed to be happy every once in a while?” I asked, snapping back like my usual self.
I was trying hard not to let it show how happy I was, I didn’t want anybody else to know.
“True, well, continue on having a happy day today in a while…” Ruki laughed, hugging me before walking out of the kitchen.

I decided to go upstairs and play the game console I found in Reita’s room, so I headed to his room and bumped into Kai before I got there.
“Hey, what are you doing?” Kai asked, as I continued walking.
“Simple, I am going to play Reita’s game system.” I replied, smiling.
“Oh, well are there any favors you want me to do?” Kai asked, rubbing the back of his neck curiously.
“Hmm, you could watch me play and keep me company?” I replied, looking at him.

 

Please continuing reading, I know it has taken me such a long time to update, but I try to give you guys about four to five or more chapters to read so you won't be as mad at me. Sorry, again! >.<