The Escape

Lift Off

“Princess! You musn’t, we have to go now!” a servant exclaimed to his master.

 

The girl was as stern as ever, “No! There is no way that I’m leaving my mother, if she will be executed by the Rare Hunters, I will be executed by them as well!”

 

The servant grabbed her arm, “Princess Haewon, please… Just say goodbye to your mother. Our only hope after this war is you, and you and the Prince must rule after.”

 

The Princess’s mother looked at her lovingly, “My daughter, no matter where you are, always be happy and always know that your father and I are here for you no matter what.” she took off a necklace from neck as she transferred onto her daughter’s, “Here, you’ll always have a part of us.”

 

The two were both quiet before her mother said something again, “As the Queen of Enia, I command you, my daughter, our last hope, to leave.”

 

The girl hugged her mother tightly before she was escorted out by her servant, as two guards accompanied them.

 

The current situation in the Kingdom of Enia was that a group of soldiers from their rival country called the Rare Hunters, successfully made their way into the castle to kill every member of Enia’s Royal family.

 

Princess Haewon’s father was the first one to be killed, and they were looking for her mother next.

 

“Princess Haewon!” a voice called out, it was the current Prince, the next heir along with Haewon herself. She and this Prince were arranged to marry within the next few years to take over after her parents. However, that wouldn’t be happening anymore.

 

She turned around, “Pri-” she planned to call out for him, but was pulled into a hallway. The last thing she heard was a loud explosion, and she knew that the only one left in her family was indeed her.

 

Princess Haewon was brought into a secret jet plane underneath the castle, and she, and the two extra guards went inside.

 

As the jet plane lifted off, one of the guards looked at her, “I hope you’re ready for your new life as a normal girl.”

 

“New…?”

 

“Yes, Princ- I mean, Haewon. We have a little story for you.”

 

The other guard began to speak, “So, your parents always knew that the rival country of Enia would someday declare war, and years ago, she contacted us, the Royal Protection Agency, to take of you when that actually happens, like today.”

 

The first guard continued his part of the conversation, “So as of now, you are nineteen year old Park Hye Rin who lives in Seoul, South Korea. You are a college student who majors in Music and will be living with a couple who has worked with us for years.”

 

Haewon, or as she now is, Hye Rin, opened , “Will I be able to go back to my country?”

 

“Of course, once the war is over. It’ll take days, weeks, months, maybe even years before we allow you to go back.”

 

Hye Rin sighed deeply, “I don’t like this…”

 

“Hye Rin, think about it. This will be the only opportunity for you to be a normal kid, as you are a Princess. You may not even want to go back to Enia after your experience in Seoul.”

 

She shook her head, “I will go back to my country no matter what.”

 

The guard nodded, “I’ll just let you know some Princesses preferred to stay where we assigned them.”

 

“Well, I’ll be one of those that want to go back. I will go back to Enia, and I will be happy being back in my country.”

 

----

 

Hye Rin was brought to a separate room, where there were a couple, a middle-aged man and a woman, and were actually happy to see her.

 

“Hye Rin, this is Park Hyo Geum and Park Mi Cha, and they will be your so-called parents for the time that you’ll be in Seoul.” one of the two guards said as they walked in.

 

Mi Cha smiled at her, “Hye Rin! It’s so nice to meet you after being told we were going to take care of you.’

 

Hyo Geum looked at his wife, smiled and looked back at Hye Rin, “It’s our first time taking care of one of the protected Princesses after working with this company for almost a decade. Please be gentle with us.”

 

Hye Rin could only nod because she was more confused than she was scared. She still wanted to be in Enia with her parents, her Prince, and her staff. Of course, the relationship she had with the Prince was arranged, but she knew now that no one would assist her with reigning when she went back to Enia. No love was involved, with her side anyway. Her mother and father never really had a good relationship as husband and wife and King and Queen, so as a young girl she never believed in an actual Prince Charming.

 

“Hye Rin, we just need you for quite a bit, if you don’t mind.” one of the guards said, “We have to change your appearance right away. We need to fix your hair and help change your make-up routine. Please come with me and I’ll bring you to one of the Royal Protection Agency stylists right away.”

 

Her eyes widened in shock, “No! You musn’t touch my hair! It is already too short to be cut!”

 

“Trust us with this, Princess. Do not object to anything because we’re only trying to help you.” the guard carefully grabbed her arm and escorted her out of the room.

 

----

 

“Well, welcome to Seoul, Hye Rin!” Mi Cha exclaimed as the three of them walked into their house.

 

Hye Rin chuckled weakly, “I guess so…”

 

Hyo Geum patted her shoulder, “You’ll fit in fine, Prin- Hye Rin. Anyway, what would you like us to call you? Princess, Haewon, or Hye Rin?”

 

“Hmm… If I need to fit in, then I will request of you to call me Hye Rin. I shall be a normal Korean girl who lives in Seoul for the time being.”

 

The middle-aged couple nodded with a bright smile on their faces. They were extremely welcoming, and Hye Rin was very thankful for that.

 

Mi Cha yawned as she looked at her watch, “It’s getting late. We should all get rest, we’re enrolling Hye Rin to start college tomorrow. Hye Rin-ah, your room will be the first bedroom to your right when you go upstairs. You can go to sleep now.”

 

“Mi Cha-ssi, do you have a silk nightgown for myself to wear?” she asked.

 

She smiled with a chuckle, “Normal girls don’t wear those to sleep.” she walked up to her and put a hand on her back as they walked upstairs, “I’ll help you out. I’m sure you’ll love Seoul.”

 

 
Helloooo~~~ Thank you for reading the first chapter, and please subscribe and comment if you like it! I'll see you all in the next chapter!