Eight

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ouch! That hurts like a---“

“Don’t you dare swear in front of me!” Yoseob warned as he finished up cleaning the wound, applying antiseptic and ointment before attempting to bandage the wound up.

“Fine. But your bandaging skills .”

“I’m a lawyer, not a doctor”, he snapped. Here he was, saving this man from bleeding to death and yet this man was just behaving like an ungrateful child, whining about how the room was too neat for a man and how his first aid skills were lacking. He was very thankful that the stab wasn’t a deep one so stitches were probably unnecessary.

“Why did you save me?”

Yoseob rolled his eyes and crossed his arms as he admired his own bandage work, “Because you were bleeding and I don’t think people usually would ignore a bleeding person if they see one.”

“I do.”

“You’re pretty heartless then.”

“Everybody is,” the man scoffed.

“Do you see me salting your wound? No, right? Then I guess I’m not everybody.” Yoseob replied, brushing his fringe out of his eyes as he eyed the man in front of him.

How was it possible that two men in this world could look so alike? 
The man that sat in front of him had the same sharp nose, the same arched lips, and the same cat eyes.
But then again, Junhyung’s eyes were warmer, his lips was set into more of a smile than a frown, and his cheeks were slightly fuller.

“What?” The man asked, aware and conscious of the intense stare that Yoseob was giving him.

“What is your name?”

“Why would you want to know?”

“Because you look exactly like a friend of mine. I had actually been waiting for you to appear for quite a while,” Yoseob replied calmly with unblinking eyes. He figured that he did not want to waste any time in finding out the truth and since the man in front of him could barely walk, Yoseob would definitely be able to keep him in Hyunseung’s place, in the guest room that was his room now, for some time.

“A friend? Or a boyfriend?”

Yoseob tilted his head, curious as to how did the man actually knew.
The last he knew, his ual orientation wasn’t that obvious to people that he just met.

“Your photo frames,” the man explained simply.

Yoseob nodded, feeling slightly daft that the evidence was all around and very relieved that he had not attempted to lie about why he wanted to know more about the man.

“Well, since I am kinda indebted to you, I can tell you in all honesty, I don’t know that man in your photos at all.”

Yoseob frowned and rubbed his palms together, “But you killed someone and framed him. You should know him somehow.”

“Look, when I said I’m being honest, I really am. So take it or leave it. I kill people all the time so I don’t know who you are referring to but I don’t frame people. I just help the rich in killing people they want dead.” The man replied crossly.

“Then did you remember working for the Goos?”

“I do not tell anybody who I worked for. Kind of defeats the purpose of me doing the dirty job for them right?”

“A month ago.

At an alley near Club Red, did you stab a man named Chan four times in the heart?
Did you wear the clothes of someone else, kill the man, and get someone to film it down to frame the owner of the clothes?!” Yoseob asked, his voice increasing his volume as he got more agitated.

The man stood up in anger but hissed in pain as he fell back down to the chair, “I kill to make a living and I will admit that. I don’t push the responsibility to others. I’m not a coward of that sort.”

“Then why do I have this video of you, in Junhyung’s clothes, killing Chan?!” Yoseob exclaimed as he shoved the copy of the video that he had previously attained from the police station into the man’s hands.

The man’s knuckles turned white as he gripped Yoseob’s phone tightly.
His lips had turned into a snarl as he growled at what he was seeing on the phone.
Enraged, he threw the phone aside, “That bas---“

“No swearing!!”

“I was told to change into those clothes and out of it so that they can ensure my identity would remain unknown and all evidences would not be linked to me. I was not told that my act would be filmed.”

“Well, the Goos are very good at manipulating,” Yoseob tried to console the infuriated man as he picked up his phone that had been flung across the room and checked on it’s working condition.

“I’ll talk to them about this. I’ll murder them alive if I have to.”

Yoseob snorted, “You think you could even meet the Goos? You’re just their puppet or killing machine in this case.”

“So what do you want from getting to meet me? You want revenge don’t you? You want me to be your puppet just like them don’t you?”

“Nope, wrong again. I want to make sure that you do not do something that will land Junhyung in trouble again. And I want to know if you are related to him or something, then I can help bring you back to your family and stop you from doing such dangerous acts again.” Yoseob replied in a matter of fact tone.

“You could just turn me in the police.”

“Look, I don’t care how many people you have killed before. I’m a lawyer, not a police. I don’t catch murderers, that’s their job. But now that I know that you are just doing all these killings for survival and you do have your own morals that you follow, I want to help you.”

“Who am I to you? Why would you want to help me?” The man spat bitterly.

“Well mister, I saved your life and I’m not going to leave a person I saved to die. One of these days, your potential victim might just be stronger and more cunning than you.”

The man stared at Yoseob in amusement.

The smaller male stood in front of him, hands on hips and pouting in a ridiculously cute manner.
He was glaring at him but the glare wasn’t intimidating and fierce.
In fact, it was pretty endearing and adorable.

He started laughing and Yoseob frowned in confusion, “What?”

“You are one strange lawyer,” he smirked. Yoseob frowned, that was something Junhyung always told him too.

“So, do you want me to help you dig into your family background or not? I’m a pretty good investigator.”

“Why not? Like you said, I might be killed instead of being the killer one day. And I wouldn’t fancy that at all,” He shrugged as he looked away from the eyes of the lawyer.
He wanted himself to believe that that indeed was the real reason but there was a something in him that was mocking him.
Because deep inside, he knew that all his Life, he lived as a cold and heartless loner.
And this was the first time someone actually genuinely wanted to help him, and that someone had actually looked at him straight in the eyes with such care and sincerity.

Of course, it helps that the someone was tremendously adorable too.

Yoseob smiled gleefully and clapped his hands, “So what’s your name? And tell me all about your childhood and family!”

“My name… is Jaesoon. I have no surname, no childhood, and no family.”

-------

“I like your hair the most when it’s black”, Junhyung murmured as he breathed in the refreshing apple scent of Yoseob’s bed of hair.”

“I like you without hair the most”, Yoseob smiled as he pressed his face against Junhyung’s neck, slightly nibbling on the skin, enjoying the feeling of being enveloped in Junhyung’s warmth.

Junhyung frowned, “I’ve never shaved my whole head before. You sure you talking about me?”

A giggle was heard from the smaller male as he stopped nibbling and looked up into Junhyung’s eyes, “It’s you alright. I’ve always imagined you without hair.”

Junhyung laughed as the tinkle of Yoseob’s laughter rang in his ears, “You are one strange lawyer”.

“Well, I always imagined how ugly you would look without hair and I love that the most because then, all those women would stop eyeing you lustfully.”

Junhyung stared hard at the smaller male who was pouting as he continued ranting exasperatedly about how Junhyung was forever being pulled away from him during social events and how women were particularly touchy around him.

“And and and, last night when that woman was rubbing her hips against you. I almost pounced on her you know!”

Junhyung’s body trembled as bouts of laughter escaped from his throat and he hugged the smaller male tightly, muffling his complaints against his neck. “You are so silly. I’m always pushing them away and I’ve never been by them. You know what turns me on?”

A muffled “what?” was heard and Junhyung chuckled, “a highly jealous and possessive lawyer.”
With that, he pulled Yoseob up to connect their lips for a long, passionate kiss.

 

“Flashback?” Doojoon asked as he watched Junhyung squirming on what used to be Yoseob’s office chair.

“Mmmph,” Junhyung mumbled, trying to ease the pain away, “they are getting clearer and longer. My therapist said that sooner or later, they will all come back.”

“That’s good news isn’t it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter