Six

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'If I told him, would he start avoiding me?' Junhyung wondered as he watched Yoseob munch on his food. 

He smiled as he saw the chubby cheeks moved as he chewed, the urge to pinch it grew in him, and he did.

"What was that for?" Yoseob exclaimed, swatting his hand away, annoyed at being bothered from eating his lunch.

"Those cheeks were just asking to be pinched", Junhyung laughed heartily as he stared at Yoseob pouting angrily at him.
His laughter soon died down as he started wondering what it would feel like to have a taste of those pouty lips.
His lips went dry as his eyes remained glued to Yoseob's lips and he fell into complete silence.

Yoseob narrowed his eyes and snatched the table napkin up, wiping his mouth hurriedly. 
"Next time, just tell me if there's something on my face."

Junhyung remained transfixed by the pink lips and slowly, he his own lips. 
Yoseob swallowed the food in his mouth down and started waving his hand in front of Junhyung, 
"Hello? Anybody there?"

"Hello? Anybody there?"
"Boo!"
"AHHHHHH"
"Hahaha!"
"You are so mean! Why would you do that?!"
"Who told you to show up so late~? I was pining for you so much!"
"You called me while I'm sleeping! How fast do you expect me to come over to your place so quickly?!"
"That's why I told you to just move in with me." 

"Junhyung, Junhyung!" Yoseob was gripping Junhyung's wrists tightly as his hands were pressing hard on his temples, his eyes tightly shut and his lips set in a grim line.

As he heard Yoseob speak to him, as he shook his head to clear his thoughts, he returned to reality. 

"I'm fine..." He whispered, grabbing the cup of water from the table and gulping it down.

"Another memory?" 

Junhyung raised his eyebrow when he heard Yoseob's question. Why did it seem like there was fear laced in it?
Shrugging it aside as him being overly sensitive, he nodded pensievely, "Apparently, I asked this ex-girlfriend of mine to move in with me... Did she?"

Yoseob shook his head, "She didn't. She didn't want to bother your parents and your maid for taking care of another person."

Junhyung sighed, "She must really mean that much to me if I asked her to move in with me.. But why..."

"Why?" Yoseob probed.

"Why is it the person I love now is someone else if I really did love her that much?" Junhyung asked, staring deeply into Yoseob's eyes.
He knew that it was a huge risk, he knew that it could probably end their friendship, he knew that he could wait awhile more.
But part of him didn't want to. He wanted to tell Yoseob exactly how he felt, he wanted to waste no time in creating memories with him. 

Yoseob stared back wide-eyed, his heart pounding hard as he knew what Junhyung meant. 
He wanted to reply Junhyung. Oh how he would love to jump into Junhyung's arms and tell him the truth.
But he knew he couldn't. He couldn't give Junhyung an answer. 
The image of Junhyung bleeding, his eyes shut, his body cold, flashed across Yoseob's mind.

Grabbing his bag, he murmured apologetically, "I've got to go. Got an appointment", and he scurried out of the restaurant.
Junhyung watched Yoseob's retreating back and slumped his body against the chair, "Great. I just scared him off."

-------

It had been days since Junhyung's confession took place and Doojoon was extremely puzzled.
He did not understand why Junhyung had stopped visiting Yoseob at work and why Yoseob had become even quieter than he already was after the car accident.
He tried calling Junhyung but his calls were always directed to the voice mail.
He tried asking Dongwoon but Dongwoon was equally confused with his boss' strange actions.
He tried prying for more information from Yoseob but he was also shrugged off or completely ignored.

Just as he was sighing to himself, Yoseob's desk phone rang and he watched as the man picked it up.
He frowned as he saw Yoseob's eyes expanding, his jaws dropping, the fingers of his free hand clutching the pen so tightly that his knuckles were white.
He tilted his head in curiosity as he saw Yoseob nodding his head and mumbling something anxiously before ending the phone call.
He stood up as he saw Yoseob packing things into his bag and switching off his laptop, about to leave the office room.

"What's going on?" 

Yoseob turned, a foot already out of the office room, "Junhyung has just been arrested for being a murder suspect."

Doojoon choked on his saliva, frantically gathered his stuff and followed the smaller male who was taking huge strides to the lift. 
In the car ride there, Doojoon's kept opening and closing his mouth.
There were so many questions that were running through his mind but he knew that Yoseob was probably not in the mood to talk about it. 

"Chan was killed in an alley last night. A witness claimed to see Junhyung performing the act. 
Junhyung had no alibi and he really was in the club near the alley. He was there to visit Kikwang. 
Dongwoon said that according to Kikwang, the timing Junhyung left the club matches the one of the witness seeing the act.
That's all I know."

Doojoon clamped his mouth shut and nodded, his mind trying to churn out ways to help Junhyung.
It was impossible that his friend would commit murder, it was impossible.
Everything must be just a coincidence.

He glanced at his side and saw two fat tear drops falling on Yoseob's hands.
He looked up and saw that a steady stream of tears were now flowing down his face.

"What if I'm not able to help him? This is the first time he has real, strong evidences against him.
Him declaring to kill Chan in the restaurant that night was heard by many in the restaurant too." 

Doojoon took a hand off the steering wheel and patted Yoseob's head comfortingly, "You're his best lawyer, the most trusted lawyer. 
We will figure a way out. Besides, we know that he would never have done it."

Yoseob nodded distractedly, "It's all my fault. If I had not agreed to dinner, Chan would not have done that and Junhyung would not have said such things in anger."

"It's not your fault. It's no one's fault. If anyone was at fault, it's Chan. He's the one who has so many enemies."

They had no chance to continue the conversation as they had reached the police station.
The moment the door was unlocked, Yoseob had jumped out of his seat and sprinted to the entrance.
By the time Doojoon had locked the doors, Yoseob was already out of his sight, in the building already.

"I'm Mr Yong Jun Hyung's lawyer", Yoseob tried to speak as calmly as he could while gathering his breath from the running he had just done.

"These are the charges we would be placing on him, these are the evidences. You know the law. You know that these evidences are strong.
It's better for him to admit to it. The judge might be more lenient on him." 

Yoseob's eyes scanned the evidences, his heart pounding so hard and loudly, blood rushing to his head as he tried to absorb it all.
Doojoon had arrived and was looking through it all also and the final evidence brought out a gasp to him.

It wasn't possible.

He stared at Yoseob, hoping the younger male would have a possible explanation for it.
When all he saw was a pair of pleading eyes, he knew. He knew that Yoseob was asking him for a possible explanation too.

Because, who could fabricate such a clear video of Junhyung doing the act on Chan?

Swallowing hard and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter