Fifteen

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"What's the situation now?" Doojoon panted as he held Dongwoon's shoulder with one hand and tried to catch his breath from sprinting over the moment the car was parked.    Dongwoon shook his head, looked cautiously at Yoseob and went over to him to place an arm over him for support. 
"The nurses that ran out said that Junhyung's wound started bleeding profusely for no reason at all and though they have stopped the bleeding, there was internal bleeding too... 
And well.. Things don't look too good."   Yoseob gave a strangled cry and fell to the ground on his knees.  This was not supposed to happen.   He had pictured himself miraculously winning the case and in the triumphant glory, he would walk into the hospital with his head held high and Junhyung would be sitting on the bed, awake and out of danger, waiting to give him a kiss and a hug as a reward for a job well done. 
Haphazardly scrambling to the doors of the operation theatre, Yoseob kept praying in his heart. 
He hoped and hoped that Junhyung would emerge from the doors perfectly well and fine.
He prayed and prayed that this was just a terrible nightmare and that when he awoke, Junhyung would be with him again.

Hyunseung ran to Yoseob and gathered him in his arms, "Yoseob ah, I won't live you alone and just watch you cry like the other time. I'll be stronger and you can depend on me okay?" 

Yoseob opened his mouth to say something but there was huge lump in his throat that was choking him.
He attempted to speak again and again but all everyone heard was wheezing cries. 
Swallowing hard, Yoseob finally choked out, "I don't want to. I want to depend on Junhyung, not you... Hyunseung ah, what could I ever do without him?
I thought I was stronger than this but I'm not... I'm not... I can't live without him..."

Hyunseung hugged him even tighter and patted him on the head comfortingly, "Let's not think of that first. We will all just pray hard that Junhyung would be fine."

"What if he is not...?" Yoseob asked, blinking away his tears as he looked pleadingly at Hyunseung, begging for the usual sarcastic remark that Hyunseung would give, saying that Yoseob is overly paranoid and that things weren't as bad as it looks. 

"I..." Hyunseung knew, he knew what Yoseob wanted to hear but he just couldn't say it. 
Because this time, things were exactly as bad as it looks. 

Watching Hyunseung struggle with his words internally, Yoseob released a loud sob and collapsed into Hyunseung's chest and wailed loudly. 
"Even you... Even you can't tell me that things would definitely be fine."

Doojoon stared at the situation wordlessly and staggered slowly to the pair, unsure of what to do but very certain that he wasn't just going to stand back and watch.
Crouching down upon reaching them, he ruffled Yoseob's hair gently and whispered, "I'll promise you. I'll promise you that things would definitely be fine."

Yoseob lifted his head and stared directly into Doojoon's eyes, a sparkle of hope twinkling in his own eyes, "You will?"

Laughing nervously despite the situation, Doojoon shrugged and smiled, "Do you not know who is in that operation theatre? That's Yong Jun Hyung!
The man who lost all memories but still fell for you again. The man who survived a high speed car crashing into him.
The man who lived by breathing in the air that you breathe in. The man who remembered all just from a kiss with you.
The man who practically lives for you. 
Yoseob ah, Junhyung is definitely going to pull through this. Just for you, he will."

"You promise...?" Yoseob asked, his reputation and image as a cool and collected lawyer long gone when desperation had overwhelmed him completely.

"I promise." 

Yoseob smiled a little before closing his eyes and falling limp in Hyunseung's arms. "Yoseob!!!"
Doojoon hurriedly grabbed Yoseob up and ran to the nearest nurse station and asked for help. 
The rest were all rooted in the ground, dumbfounded by everything that had happened and unsure of the next best thing that they could do.

When Doojoon reappeared after a few minutes, he had a strange look of relief which in everyone's opinion, did not make sense and was not befitting in the current situation.
He loosened his tie and removed his blazer before sinking on one of the chairs in the empty rows that were outside the theatre. 
No one was sitting because of all the anxiety, worries and sadness. 
Yet, Doojoon looked too comfortable on the chair...

"How's Yoseob?" Jaesoon asked, too impatient to wait for more information regarding Yoseob.

"He fainted because of exhaustion. He has not slept for almost three whole days because of the incident and the case and I think this was the last straw for him." Doojoon sighed as he closed his eyes and slumped further into the seat.

Dongwoon frowned and sat beside Doojoon before asking quietly, "Hyung... you okay?"

With his eyes still closed, Doojoon nodded, "I'm very relieved actually. Yoseob needs the rest. 
He has been pushing himself way past his limits for the past few days and this is the first time in days that he finally get to sleep. 
The nurse has injected some medicine to calm him down and it would probably keep him asleep for hours..
Which would mean that when he wakes up.. Junhyung would hopefully and probably be out of the operation theatre."

Jaesoon's lips curled into a snarl, "What makes you think Yoseob wouldn't want to be the first to see hyung coming out of the operation theatre?"

"It's pointless for him to keep sobbing out here and what if Junhyung is not coming out of the theatre!?" Doojoon snapped, his eyes wide opened now, staring challengingly at Jaesoon.

"But you... you promised Yoseob..." Hyunseung whispered quietly.

"What was I to do??" Doojoon asked exasperatedly as he raise his arms and messed his hair up in frustration.
"Did you all not see how Yoseob was about to crumble from the reality of the situation?" 

"So you lied? Hyung, you lied to Yoseob hyung?" Dongwoon questioned.

Doojoon sighed at the tone of disbelief and accusation in Dongwoon's words, "What else could I do? Watch Yoseob fall and collapse from not even having any hope?!
There are times where people should face reality, yes.. But now it's not the time for Yoseob. 
Look at him, look at that man.

Dongwoon ah, have you heard his laughter or seen his real smile since the incident? 
Do you not realise that Yoseob is getting more and more depressed as the day progresses?

Until the day we are confirmed that Junhyung would never return, I would continue giving Yoseob hope.
Because that's all he needs right now... That's the only thing that can comfort him."

"What if Junhyung never does return?! Yoseob's hopes would be crushed!" Hyunseung shouted, mad at Doojoon for possibly worsening the condition.

Doojoon smiled sadly at the ground, "Do you think Yoseob's hopes have not already been crushed? 
Do you think he doesn't know the truth of this situation? 
Do you think Yoseob, our company's most capable lawyer, would not have estimated the odds on his own and realised that Junhyung might never be coming back?" 

"He does...?" Dongwoon asked quietly. 

Nodding slowly, as if his head weighed a ton, Doojoon's eyes slowly filled up with tears, "Yoseob is way too logical a person to believe that Junhyung would be fine.
He was the one who held that cold body in his hands, he was the one who touched the lifeless body of Junhyung.
It is impossible that he knows that what the doctors and nurses are fighting for inside wasn't for a physical win. 
They are fighting for a miracle.

That's why Yoseob is so torn, that's why Yoseob is so broken.
Because he knows. 

Which is also why he pleads so much with us.
Because deep inside him, as much as he knows that he was right, he wanted someone to prove him wrong.
He wants someone to tell him, to debate with him, to fight with him telling that he was completely and absolutely wrong.

It's like all the cases that he fought in court where he is open and happy when there are challenges from the opposite side.
However, unlike all the cases that he fought, this time, he wants to lose.
He wants the opposite to win and to tell him that for once, Lawyer Yang is wrong.

Because if Lawyer Yang was wrong, it means that Junhyung's condition is not as bad as he had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter