Twelve

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There must be a reason for you all to show this side of my father..." Hara spoke as her sobs finally faded away.

Yoseob took a deep breath, wishing that he wasn't the one who had to seek help from this woman who had just been hurt by her own father. 
"We need your help in finding evidences for your father's wrong doings." 

"So that you and Junhyung oppa can be together?"

Yoseob nodded without hesitation, there was no reason to lie to her, "Yes. Junhyung and I don't plan to leave one another. 
However, we do admit that we are very unsettled at the thought of your father sending another speeding car down my way or framing Junhyung for things he never did." 

"Daddy did what?! He sent a speeding car what?!" Hara gasped as she grasped both of Yoseob's arms in disbelief.

"He tried to kill me by knocking me down with a car. Junhyung saved me which was why he got into that car accident almost three months back." Yoseob replied, trying to phrase it in a casual tone so as to soften the blow on the woman that was gripping his arms so tightly that he was sure there would be marks left behind on his skin. 
He felt that Hara had went through so much in just a few hours and he felt guilty that Junhyung and him were the one who came up with this plan. 
However, he also knew that without Hara's help, they would not be able to go near, much less infiltrate, the heavily guarded Goo's mansion or even get near to her parents. 

"I can't believe daddy would be so.. so...."

"Try 'cruel'" Hyunseung suggested.
Ignoring Yoseob's glare, he threw a stack of pieces of paper in front of Hara, "These are case files I found in the police's database. 
All of them had evidences suggesting your father was involved but he always manage to get away."  

Shaking her head after she had flipped through the huge pile, Hara hugged her knees to herself, "I never knew... that he would harm so many people."

"Which is why we need your help. It's not just to protect my relationship with Junhyung. It's also to stop him from harming more innocent people." Yoseob injected gently, patting her lightly on the back.

"Let me think about it..." Hara mumbled as she walked towards the kitchen.

"What do you need to think ab---" Jaesoon was silenced by Yoseob's light flicking of his forehead. 

"She probably have too much to absorb. If I were her, I would not know what to do too. 
Just give her some time, no point rushing her." 

"Yoseob's right. We can afford some time since Junhyung had agreed to Mr Goo in providing the ransom sum and he's probably elated with the idea that Junhyung must really be very much in love with Hara now."
 

Jaesoon grunted in annoyance but said nothing more and leaned back on the couch coolly. 

Yoseob giggled as he settled himself by Jaesoon's side.

"What?" 

"You're just like your brother when you pout like that." 

Hyunseung was startled by Yoseob's words and slapped his own forehead at how dense and insensitive Yoseob can be sometimes.

"I'm not at all like him," Jaesoon snapped, "The only similarity we have is our faces."

Yoseob shifted on his seat uncomfortably, it had conveniently slipped out of his mind that even though he was happy now with Junhyung, Jaesoon was nursing a broken heart and he should have been more aware and sensitive with his actions and words. As if it wasn't enough that they were together, Jaesoon had to be part of their team in bringing Hara's parents down and had to witness all the sweet moments between Junhyung and Yoseob.

Jaesoon watched Yoseob squirmed in his seat and when he noticed the guilt in Yoseob's eyes, his heart was tugged and he pulled him in for a hug.

"I'm not as strong as you think I would be...

I'm sorry for snapping but give me time alright? 
I promise, I'll bury these feelings and I will be the friend that you can always come to."  

Yoseob nodded silently as he returned the hug to Jaesoon. 

"Junhyung", Hyunseung whispered as he spotted the man who was standing by the open doorway and stoically staring at the hugging pair.

Hearing his name, his focus returned and he turned towards the kitchen to relieve himself of the snacks that he bought just in case the people in the house became hungry in the middle of the night.
Junhyung walked away pointedly, averting eye contact with Jaesoon and Yoseob.
It wasn't that he had no trust in Yoseob or Jaesoon. 
However, he wasn't feeling too good or happy about seeing them hugging especially when Jaesoon's feelings for Yoseob was so obvious. 
He didn't want to throw an unreasonable fit and so, he chose to avoid the situation altogether.

He heard Yoseob calling for him softly but he continued walking till he reached the kitchen.

"Hara", he called as he was slightly surprised at the sight of the woman who was sitting on the kitchen counter, dangling her legs as she gazed out of the window. 

Shifting her gaze, Hara widened her eyes and hopped off the counter, running to him. 
"You're Junhyung oppa right?" 

Junhyung nodded his head as he placed the bags of food he was holding. 
Opening a packet of sliced fruits, he offered it to her with one hand while rummaging through the other stuff with another, "Have some. I would offer you the chips but since you're always so weight conscious, I figured you might prefer fruits." 

When Hara remained silent, Junhyung looked up and was even more surprised to see her looking at him with watery eyes, "I never...knew.. you cared... You were always so cold." 

"Well, I kinda dislike you cause you are so clingy even when I am obviously uninterested. But I know that you ain't that bad a person deep inside." 

"I'm sorry, oppa. For all the trouble I've caused... and what daddy did. I feel so guilty now that you're treating me so nicely."
Hara stammered, her fingers twirling the hem of her shirt nervously.

"Hey, don't mistaken it for anything more alright? You're just like a little sister to me," Junhyung hurriedly explained.
"A pampered one though", he added cheekily when Hara still did not give a reply. 

Hara smiled and stretched her hands out, gesturing for a hug "Can I?"

Junhyung eyed her before shrugging, "why not? For my little sis", before giving her a brief hug.

"Am I disturbing?" 

Junhyung turned to the soft voice and saw Yoseob peeping out from behind the wall. 
Knowing how easily jealous Yoseob could get, he quickly walked over and held Yoseob's hand, leading him to the stairs, up to the corridor that lead to the bedrooms.

When they reached the corridor, far from everyone else, Junhyung released his hand from Yoseob and ruffled his hair endearingly.
"She's just like a little sister who needs some comforting now. That hug was merely a short one where I---" 

Junhyung was interrupted by Yoseob placing a finger on his lips.
He cocked his head to side in confusion, this wasn't usual. 
Yoseob usually made sure he made a whole speech on what he did wrong and make him promise never to do it again.

"I know...", Yoseob mumbled, looking down to the ground suddenly, hands falling to his side.
"I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about just now." 

Junhyung held his chin gently and tilted it up only to be shocked to see the trembling lips of his love.
Pulling him into an embrace, "Hey hey hey, why are you so upset? You did nothing wrong."

"I know you were affected by Jaesoon hugging me. You didn't even give me a chance to explain." Yoseob gave a little whine.

Junhyung chuckled and hugged Yoseob even tighter, he
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter