Seven

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're free to go." 

Junhyung raised his head and  looked at the policemen skeptically, "serious?"

"Yes, unless you are that to stay the night here?" 

Jumping to his feet, Junhyung grabbed the bag of belongings that the police had confiscated for him and ran out of the room in glee.
He was so proud of Yoseob, he knew that the young lawyer would be able to save him but he never expected it to be so soon.
14 hours in captivity was bad enough though and boy was he glad that he was out.

As he stepped out of the station, he spotted Doojoon waiting outside his car and waved happily.
He skipped over and hugged the man before entering the car, completely unaware of the pair of relieved and sad eyes that were staring at him from afair.

As the car drove off, Junhyung turned to Doojoon excitedly, "Where's Yoseob? Let's celebrate!"

"We're heading to his house now," Doojoon whispered.
There was a strange tone in his voice but Junhyung was too tired to think too much into it.
His neck was aching and his muscles were cramping from the small room and hard bed that he was trapped in. 
He fell into deep sleep as he leaned against the seat, and after half an hour of ride, the car finally came to a stop and he woke up groggily. 

Doojoon did not say a word and got off the car swiftly and headed to Yoseob's front door.
Junhyung watched him, puzzled by Doojoon's rush and starting to feel a little nervous by the unusual behavior of his since he picked him up.
Unbuckling his seat belt and choosing to ignore the nagging feeling in him, Junhyung hopped off the car, ready to meet and give a hug to his favourite lawyer but as he entered the house, his body froze.

The house was completely empty.

The furnitures were there but items that would show that someone was living in it were all gone.
The photoframes that used to line the television drawer were gone.
The snacks that used to be neatly lined at a corner of the kitchen were gone.
The shoe rack that used to be filled was opened and empty.
Things that were supposed to be there weren't there anymore. 

Doojoon came out of the bedroom, the only one in the house since Yoseob chose to live humbly despite his savings. 
In his hand, he was clutching a piece of paper tightly, tears rolling from his eyes. 
Reaching for his phone with the other hand, he dialed a number and within only a second of ringing, he spoke into it.

"We were right. He left." 

Junhyung watched as Doojoon kept his phone and fell to the ground, hugging his knees and rocking himself, as if to provide himself with some comfort.

"What...what's going on? Where's Yoseob? Where's his stuff?" Junhyung could hear the thumping of his heart in his ears and fear was creeping up to him. 
He had never seen Doojoon so down, he had never entered Yoseob's house in such a state. 
He needed to see Yoseob, he needed Yoseob to assure him that everything was fine. 

"He's gone... He left." Doojoon croaked as he held out the note for Junhyung to read.
Junhyung broke into a run towards Doojoon and snatched the note, his eyes scanning through it quickly.

"By the time you read this, I'm probably somewhere far away. Don't bother to look for me and don't worry for me.
I'll be safe, I'll be fine. Please take care of yourselves!

Doojoon ah, I'm sorry for all the extra work I'm giving you but I know you can do it! 
Dongwoonie, please remember to bring some change to lunch. I won't be around anymore to provide you with any for the special juice drink you want from the vending machine!
Junhyung, remember to eat on time, sleep when you need to, rest when you have to. Don't force yourself to go through all the contracts even when you are so tired, you might just end up signing something by mistake! Make sure Doojoon goes through the contracts for you too alright? Take good care of yourself and your parents! 

I wish all of you the best!"

Junhyung let the paper slip out of his hand as he stared blankly at the carpet of the floor.
"It can't be...." He whispered.
He looked around the house wildly and raised his voice, "Yoseob ah! This is not funny! Stop playing with us! Come out now!" 

Opening all the empty cupboards and drawers, Junhyung started shouting, "Come out! This is not a game! Come out!" 

Dongwoon entered the house and goggled at the hysterical man.
He had rushed to the office after he read the text message from Doojoon stating that Junhyung was released but Yoseob was not picking up his phone.
When he saw the neatly stacked and labelled case files, his heart had dropped the ground and he sped to Yoseob's house, planning to meet Doojoon there.

Receiving the call from Doojoon minutes before he reached the house did not help calm him down. 
He needed to see it to believe it himself. That Yoseob really left.
Now, watching Junhyung scrambling all over the house, yelling like a mad man for Yoseob, he knew that it was true.

His eyes met Doojoon's and they nodded in unison. They were hurt, they were distraught. Their friend had left them.
However, they knew that Junhyung was in much more pain than them. 
Whether with the memories or not, whether Junhyung knew of his own feelings or not, Junhyung always treated Yoseob specially.

They ran over and hooked their arms on either side of Junhyung and forcefully made him sit on the sofa.

"We've got to find him! He must be here somewhere!" Junhyung cried as he tried to escape from the firm grasps of the two men.

"He's gone, Junhyung. He left and that's the truth." 

"It's not true, it's not! He wouldn't leave! He never responded to me but this morning in the police station, I saw it! You saw it too right Doojoon?!"

"Saw what?" 

"When he told me that he trusted me, there was love shining in his eyes. He loves me too!!! I know it! I need to find him, to tell him that I know it!" Junhyung cried desperately, trying to kick away from his friends. 

"He loves you too? Too???" Dongwoon's eyes widened and held Junhyung even tighter than he already was.

"I kind of confessed to him a few days back. I realised I love him the night I brought him home when Chan attempted the beastly act." Junhyung whispered brokenly, his strength dissipating and progressively, he stopped resisting his friends.

He looked at his hands and started sobbing hard.
It felt as if Yoseob had slipped through his fingers.
No matter how he tries to grasp for something, to hold on to someone, it was pointless.
There was no more small male figure smiling at him, poking fun of him, taking care of him. 

When Doojoon and Dongwoon realized that he was no longer struggli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter