Three

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week after Junhyung's promise, Doojoon and Dongwoon were truly impressed by him as he had not even went to any clubs and whatever social parties and events he attended, he behaved appropriately and decently. 
He did not even need to have Yoseob around to be reminded of his promise, it seemed like he was serious and committed to the promise much to all of their relief. 

Yoseob, however, was fully utilizing of this situation where he need not busy himself with Junhyung's cases or with ensuring he does not get into trouble by immersing himself in other miscellaneous work. 
As much as he was happy and touched that Junhyung made such a promise to him, fear very quickly crept up to him as he remembered his own promise to himself.
The day Junhyung had gotten into an accident, Yoseob had promised that when he feels that Junhyung did not need him any more, he would leave him. 
Now, it seems like Junhyung knows how to behave well enough to prevent him from getting into his usual troubles and Yoseob was adamant on tying up all loose ends, closing all the small cases under him so that he would be able to fulfill his promise.

Doojoon had forced him to go drinking with him after work as the older man could not bear to see the smaller male buried so deeply into work all day long.
He knew that Yoseob needed a platform to release his stress and although alcohol is not the way to go about doing it, it was Doojoon's best solution to getting the tight lipped man to spill his inner thoughts.

One cup.

Two cups.

Three cups.

Four cups.

Yoseob kept requesting for refills, kept wanting more and more. 
He was feeling so empty on the inside and the burn of the alcohol in his body seemed to provide a little form of comfort, albeit a temporary one.

Doojoon stopped him at his sixth cup and stared severely at him, "Yoseob ah, you can keep drinking but the problem would still remain. So please, just tell me what's bugging you?"

Yoseob took a huge effort to lift his heavy head up and fixed his eyes to the older male, his gaze shaking as he struggled with sobriety and drunkardness. 

"Nothing actually. I'm not bugged. I'm just reminiscing...of all the good times with Junhyung. Of all the times I had with him before the accident."

Doojoon kept silent as he sipped on his own drink, his eyes never wavering from the other's as a sign for Yoseob to continue speaking comfortably.
Yoseob was grateful for the lack of words from Doojoon as he felt the need to let all his thoughts out once and for all, without anyone commenting, without anyone judging, without anyone pitying him. 

"It was a year or so of relationship. I can't say that it was short, neither was it long. But I was so happy, Doojoon ah, I really was.
I missed that feeling of waking up in his arms, that feeling of him kissing me lightly all over my face to wake me up, that feeling of him whispering the most beautiful words of love to me."

He breathed sharply as he fought to hold his tears and maintain his composure.

"The day he got into that accident, I knew that it was no accident. I knew that it was an attempt on my life, an attempt to kill me."

Doojoon's eyes widened as the new piece of information was revealed to him, he never knew that that was the case.

Nodding sadly, Yoseob looked afar, deep in thoughts, "Yes Doojoon ah. Hara's family is not just rich, they are also powerful and influential. Their status in the business world is of equal standing to Junhyung's family. Which is probably why they feel that only Junhyung was worthy of Hara..."

"So Hara wanted you dead...?" Doojoon asked incredulously, feeling murderous suddenly as he saw the pain being reflected in Yoseob's dazed eyes.

"No... She's spoilt, pampered and childish but she is not that evil a person deep inside. It was her parents.
A week before the accident, they had a talk with Junhyung and I. No, it wasn't even a talk. They were basically threatening us, threatening to harm me if Junhyung did not agree to the marriage with Hara."

"And judging by how much Junhyung loves you, he would never agree to that."

Once again, Yoseob nodded sadly but this time, a drop of tear escaped from his eyes and he wiped it away hastily, "Yup, he didn't. On that fateful day, I was getting a cup of corn from the side of the road and as I was crossing it to get to Junhyung, as I reached halfway across the road to, a car came speeding to my direction."

More tears fell and Yoseob was frantically trying to wipe them away but each time he clears his face, more tears fell.

"It all happened so quickly. I couldn't even react but Junhyung had pushed me away and in turn, I watched how the car crashed right into him.
The next thing I knew, there he was, lying on the ground, bleeding away..."

Letting out a heavy breath, Yoseob wiped away the final burst of tears and continued, "I'm sure you know how the story continues after that...."

Doojoon nodded his head, he was a fluent and smart lawyer but now, he was completely lost for words. 
He had no idea how to comfort Yoseob. He did not even know Yoseob had went through these much, that he probably was living in so much guilt and fear for the past one month and now he understood. 
It became clear to him why Yoseob started building up even more walls when Junhyung made the promise of not flirting.
It became clear to him why Yoseob refused to acknowledge or let anyone talk about his relationship with Junhyung.

All these while, he had thought that Yoseob felt that it was better for Junhyung's ual orientation to be kept a secret since he was someone of such a high profile which was why he made use of the loss of memory to let go of Junhyung. 
He had wondered why Yoseob would worry af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter