Five

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, we’re here.” Junhyung whispered softly, very weary of frightening the sleeping small male in his arms if he goes any louder.

As Yoseob blinked and sat up straight, Junhyung was hit by a strange sense of loss when he no longer feel the warm weight of the lawyer on his chest or smell the alluring scent that was radiating from the lawyer’s bed of hair.
When the younger man turn and looked straight into his eyes, Junhyung felt his heart pounding as he gazed into the hypnotising eyes.
Shaking his head in a bid to release the bizarre feelings that were running through him, he ruffled Yoseob’s hair before pulling away gently, opens the door at his side, does a short sprint to the other side and opens the door for Yoseob, guiding him to the house.

While walking, Yoseob took in the familiar sight and smiled in comfort at how everything was just like how it was before, like nothing ever changed, like it was just yesterday that Yoseob would be walking in and out of the house, like it was just yesterday that Junhyung would be holding his hands or have his arm slung around his waist out of the front door, like it was just yesterday that Yoseob would have the breathing or voice of Junhyung’s as the best accompanying music while heading to and fro work.

Junhyung peeped at Yoseob from the side of his eye and felt thoroughly relieved to see the small smile on the lawyer. He was so afraid that Yoseob would be so traumatized by what happened with Chan that it would take a while for him to see that beautiful smile again. Speaking of which, he really itched to punch Chan a few more times every time he thought of what happened. He shuddered to think what could have happened if he had not been testy and restless just thinking about the dinner in his office room, if he had not been bratty and insistent on going to the restaurant to see how the dinner was progressing, if he had not been curious and worried when he did not see them in the private area of the restaurant, if he had not been thinking fast to ask for the key to the locked private room, if he had not barged into the room before anything else could happen. He was pretty sure, from that erted look of Chan, it wouldn’t just be Yoseob’s shirt that lay on the ground if he was any later. Never had he been this thankful that his sixth sense was right and that he had acted on it rather than shrug it off.
 

“This is mine, mine only.” Junhyung murmured as he bit down on the soft white skin at the collar bone area.

“Ouch!” Junhyung exclaimed as he fell to his knees, hands clutching his head.

Yoseob kneeled down by his side and grabbed his shoulders worriedly, “Why? What happened?”

Junhyung raised his head and the moment he met Yoseob’s eyes, he felt another sharp pain in his head.

“You know what my favourite pastime is?”
“Sleeping.”
“Haha, well that’s the second favourite. My favourite is to just look into those eyes of yours.”
“Well that’s creepy.”
“Too bad, this creep is staying in your life for good.”

“Junhyung, tell me what’s wrong!” Yoseob’s eyes were welling up with tears already. Right after the harrowing experience in the restaurant, he was extremely tensed and now watching Junhyung cringing in pain, he was about to have a nervous breakdown.

Taking a few deep breaths to regain his strength, Junhyung sat on the ground, exhausted from the battling with the intense pain he had felt. When he felt much better, he gave a weak smile to Yoseob, “memories.”

Yoseob’s breath hitched as his blood turn cold, “What about them?”

“They are frustratingly unclear. I hear voices, but I don’t know who they belong to. The conversations all sounded like I was being all loving to someone.”

A gush of relief flowed through Yoseob’s body as he helped Junhyung, who was attempting to stand, up to his feet.

“Do you think it’s my ex-girlfriend?” Junhyung asked.

Yoseob plastered a false smile and nodded, “Yeah it’s probably her.”

“Strange though… In all these flashbacks, I feel so happy and contented. It’s a feeling of love I think. Yoseob ah, I’ve never felt this way before so I don’t understand… How could I have let her go?”
 

“It wasn’t you. She had to go due to her own personal reasons.”

“Does it mean, that she still loves me?”

Yoseob stared wistfully into Junhyung’s eyes, “She does, so much.”

Junhyung nodded his head, willing his mind not to think about this anymore as his therapist had warned him that shocking the brain with a sudden influx of memories is not ideal. It would be best that he regained bits of his memory slowly until they all pieced together.

When they reached the front door, Junhyung slung his arm across Yoseob’s shoulders and squeezed it slightly before opening it, “Don’t worry about me alright? Tonight, it’s supposed to be me comforting you, not the other way round.”

Yoseob nodded mutely as he followed Junhyung in, straight to his room.

“Do you want to sleep or take a bath or do you want to eat anything? I’ll go cook something now!”

“I’ll take a bath first.”

Junhyung passed a fresh set of clothes and towel to Yoseob and entered the bathroom with him.

“I… kind of want to bathe alone.”

Junhyung flushed a dark crimson red at Yoseob’s comment. He was too caught up in being worried and anxious over Yoseob that he had not realised that he was kind of overstaying in the bathroom.
Laughing nervously, he apologised and ran out immediately.

Catching his breath and calming himself down, he patted his burning face to cool it down and headed to the kitchen to cook up something for Yoseob to eat before sleeping.
He was pretty sure that the lawyer ate nothing for dinner. He started humming away as he prepared the beef stew that he knew that Yoseob loves in a completely relaxed mood.

Yoseob was however far from relaxed. He filled up the bath tub and watched the water flow from the tap as he sat on the floor. Slowly, brought his knees to his chest and tears flowed from his eyes as memories of the dinner came back to him. bunches of his hair, the silent stream of tears were soon replaced by soft sobs that were drowned by the running tap. Trying to catch his breath from the harsh sobs that were escaping from him, he focused on the level of the water and saw that it was at the right level already.

He reached to Junhyung’s jacket and to remove it from his body but an image of Chan flashed across his mind and he hugged the jacket even tighter to him before entering the water, fully clothed. He lay in the bath tub on his side, in a foetus position. His body except his head was immersed in the water, desperate to find comfort in the warmth from it.

As he thought about the night’s event, he felt an itching and disgusting sensation on his chest. ping the jacket a little, he pumped a generous amount of soap onto a body sponge and kept scrubbing his chest furiously. Every time he visualizes Chan it, he gets more upset and he scrubs even harder.

However, no matter how hard he scrubs, he still felt so dirty. Frustrated and incensed, he yelled out his annoyance, his vexation, his pain and forcefully threw the sponge aside. Soft as it was, it made a resounding bang as it came into contact with the door. Still, he did not feel any better.
His sobs started increasing in intensity and soon, he was bawling his heart out.

Yoseob was brought up in a modern family but they had traits of a conservative one. He might be bubbly, friendly and a bundle of joy, but he never allowed even Doojoon or Dongwoon to cross the line in skinship. The only man allowed to touch him intimately was Junhyung and it was Junhyung’s kisses and touches that Yoseob treasures. He held on to this ridiculous notion that although he might not be able to receive the kisses and touches that he missed anymore, at least his body was still Junhyung’s. Now, however, he felt that his body had been tainted by Chan.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of warm arms wrapped around him and he jerked his head up fearfully only to relax significantly when the worried eyes of Junhyung’s shone into his.

“I… I can’t seem… to clean myself enough”, Yoseob choked on his sobs as he tried to speak.

“I’ll help you if you want. Can I help you remove your clothes?”

Yoseob stared at Junhyung, his mind fighting against his heart. He knew that they had went to bath houses even before they got together and that this Junhyung who had lost his memories, had no idea of the meaning to Yoseob of him not being clothed in front of Junhyung. Yet, he wanted it, he craved for it, he longed for it and boy had he missed it. After the strong battle, his heart won and Yoseob nodded shyly.

Junhyung did not know why his fingers were trembling as he took away the clothes on Yoseob, piece by piece. He did not know why his heart was pounding so heart and his stomach was clenching so tightly. But he knew that just now, when he entered the room to call Yoseob down for dinner and heard the cries and shout of Yoseob, his heart had lunged to his feet and he did not hesitate a bit to enter that bathroom and to pull Yoseob into his arms.

“Where did he touch you?” Junhyung asked, his voice in a hoarse whisper as rage towards Chan and a strange feeling towards Yoseob surged in him.

“Here”, Yoseob pointed to his chest, tears falling from his eyes once again.

“Anywhere else?” Junhyung asked, afraid that there would be more.

When Yoseob shook his head, Junhyung felt better, nodded curtly and pulled Yoseob to sit straight up so that the water level falls right under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter