Two

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Put out another fire?" 

Yoseob smiled bitterly to his colleague, waving his hand carelessly, "small fire."

"You should look at yourself in the mirror. Your face and your whole aura doesn't agree with the 'small fire' logic." 

He sighed as he sunk down, deep into his chair and rubbed his face furiously, "I know, I know."
Grabbing his cold cup of coffee, he blew into it and cursed as he realised that it was such a redundant act as it was cold.
He was losing his mind. That, he was certain of. 

Doojoon shook his head as he gave a glance at Yoseob before looking back down and continuing his pile of work. 
"Why push yourself so hard?" He muttered casually.

Yoseob frowned at the hair of the man who was seemingly deeply engrossed in his work. 
He knew that behind the casual tone and the simple question was a deeper meaning.  
He clucked his tongue and cracked his knuckles impatiently, "You promised never to talk or ask about it anymore."

A pair of narrow cat eyes met his, its accompanying eyebrows furrowed together, "I promised never to ask you about this very stupid decision you are making but I never promised to not ask you about why you are not leaving this whole situation." 

Scratching his neck in annoyance, Yoseob narrowed his eyes, challenging the set of eyes that were glaring into his. 
As he opened his mouth to retort back, he thought about it twice, closed his mouth back and pursed his lips, glaring back at Doojoon. 
Choosing to snort as a reply, he went back to his work, ignoring the intense stare that Doojoon was giving him.

Loosening the tight grimace of his face, Doojoon sighed, "Yoseob, you know I mean well."

"I know..." the smaller male murmured when he continued feeling Doojoon's eyes on him, "just know that there's a reason why I am doing all these."

"If he was the Junhyung I knew, he would not have wanted you to do this."

Finally, Yoseob looked back up at Doojoon, his eyes watery and his voice trembling as he spoke, "But he's no longer the Junhyung we all know. It's better this way." 
With that, he looked back down at his work and started typing into his laptop, his eyes displaying determined consciousness to remain focus. 

Doojoon acknowledged that silent plea to end the topic and went back to his work. 
The screen of his phone lighted up and he unlocked his phone to read the message.

"Hyung hugged him."

He looked back up at the man who was busy at work and his lips curled down into a frown once again.
That man who used to be bubbly, whose smile used to lit up the whole office, whose laughter used to fill up their ears.
He was now an image of solemnity, he was not depressed but he was quieter. Much quieter than he used to be. 

Doojoon and Dongwoon would always update each other of Yoseob's moves or any strange behaviors. 

The more they tried to interfere with his decision, the more he would build up the walls that surrounded him.
Therefore, they decided that they would silently update each other, supporting him in a subtle manner.
It wasn't just for Yoseob... Because if Junhyung remembered, he would have wanted them to be by Yoseob's side at this point of time.

----------------

It was lunch time and Junhyung found himself at the entrance of the law department's office once again.
Ever since he was discharged from the hospital and had started work again, every lunch time, he would find himself walking here as if it was something so natural. It was almost like a habit.

Looking at the receptionist, he leaned in across the counter and winked at the young lady that sat behind the counter.
"Hey babe, that dress looks beautiful on you. It brings out your eyes." 

The receptionist giggled and blushed slightly, adjusting her dress and blinking her eyes flirtatiously at the handsome CEO that everybody wanted a piece of. 
Just as she was about to reply him, a man had gruffly pulled Junhyung away, out of her sight.

"Can you stop flirting around?" 

"Why do you keep saying that? I've always been like that since college and you never had a problem with that."   Doojoon whacked him hard on the head and looked at him in the eyes seriously, "So what if I have now? Can you just be more serious and focused on gaining your memory back?" 

Junhyung laughed heartily, rubbing the sore part of his head, "Based on how you and Dongwoon have been describing my lifestyle, the lost memory of my past one year or so sounded really boring. Given a choice, I would not want to go back to those days."

Doojoon inhaled sharply as he saw Yoseob standing rooted at the end of the corridor they were walking on.
Judging from the look of distraught on him, Doojoon knew that he heard.
He hurried over and whispered to Yoseob, "don't read to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter