SSI Pt. 2

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

"Mr. Kim? Kim Taehyung? Ms. Choi will see you now."

Taehyung's head snapped up at the cool voice of SSI's secretary. Nodding once he picks up the binder at his feet and shuffles towards the waiting man.

"Right this way sir." Are the only other words uttered by the secretary as he leads Taehyung through a maze of white corridors, ending at a large black door. A silver nameplate next to the black wood reads "CEO Choi Yeo Jin." Taehyung visibly gulps and nods in thanks when the secretary opens the impressive door for him.

As Taehyung enters he hears what must be the CEO herself clear before she begins speaking.

"Kim Taehyung, what a pleasure to meet you. I am Choi Yeo Jin, the founder and operator of Soulmate Search International. Please, have a seat."

She stands, gesturing to one of the plush chairs situated in front of her large glass desk. Taehyung walks apprehensively to one, startling when he hears the door click shut behind him.

"Ah, hello Ms. Choi, It's a pleasure to be here." He smiles and reaches to shake her manicured hand.

Taehyung settles down across from the woman and takes a moment to examine his surroundings. The office, being similar to the rest of the building, was a stark white. The CEO, now sat sat in front of him, was outlined in sun light from the wall of windows behind her. It was then Taehyung noticed both of her eyes were the same dark color.

"So Mr. Kim, I assume you are here as so many others are for one purpose- to find your soul mate. I can assure you that you have chosen the right place; now all I need is to know if you are right for our sponsorship." Her smooth voice breaks Taehyung of his trance.

"Yes! Yes, of course. I brought with me a binder containing the profiles of myself and the friends that wish to join me." He places the binder on her desk and slides it forward."As you will see, we are all going to, or are currently attending universities. We all receive high marks and have no records. That being said, it was recently decided among us that now would be an opportune time to request a gap year from our studies in order to search for our soul mates." Taehyung nods to close his short speech and watches as Ms. Choi flips through his binder, biting his lip nervously as she nods and hums at odd intervals.

"Well" She looks up some minutes later, shutting the binder and sliding it back towards Taehyung. "I will have to review what you have presented to me today Mr. Kim, but everything is looking good so far. You should all receive letters from your respective universities next week with my answer."

"Thank you Ms. Choi, It was a pleasure meeting you." Taehyung bows shortly and exits the room, coming face to face with the secretary from earlier.

"Follow me."

Taehyung only nods dumbly at the words, because really, how did the secretary know he was done? He trails the secretary back through the halls and is out of the building in record time. He picks up speed once reaches the outside, trying to escape the suffocating feeling of clinical white walls. Once the building was a respectable distance behind him, Taehyung pulled out his phone to check the time. Two thirty. Really? Taehyung thinks, Its only been an hour and a half?

Heaving a sigh, he unlocked his phone and clicked Minseok's name. Here goes nothing.

The call only rings twice before getting picked up.

"Taehyung! How did it go? Did she like you? Did we get the year?" A barrage of questions assaulted Taehyung before he could give a proper greeting.

"Uh, I think it went well? She said she needed to review and we'd have an answer by next week. Is everybody with you?"

A loud chorus of "yes" was all the response Taehyung got before the voices started talking all at once.

"What did SSI look like?"

"Was the CEO hot?"

"Did you make sure to tell her about my awards?"

"Was it really as white as everybody says it is?"

"Oh my god, everybody shut up!" Taehyung only laughed at Minseoks outburst. "Anyway, come to mine, we can talk there." Taehyung heard shuffling and a muffled "No, I'm not asking him if the CEO was hot stupid." before the call dropped.

Taehyung changed course and began the trek to Minseok's apartment, now with a grin on his face and a hop in his step.

Maybe this will all work out...