NYC Pt.1

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

JFK Airport, NYC

1:58 PM

Long plane rides had to be near the top of Taehyungs "Things I Liked But Now I Don't" list. He stood as tall as the overhead baggage compartment would allow, arms stretching wide as he yawns.

"Hyuung" Taehyung pulled lightly on Hakyeons sleeve "Will you get my luggage for me?" He pouted exaggeratedly, widening his eyes and blinking rapidly.

"Fine, if you insist." Hakyeon rolled his eyes as he stepped into the aisle, not even having to reach up to grab their bags.

"Hyung! Me too!" Jimin whined, hopping in his seat. Hakyeon let out a long suffering sigh.

"Yeah yeah, I got it."

The two younger boys smiled as they took off with shouts of "bathroom!" and "food!", leaving Hakyeon to limp along with three bags.

"Children I swear to god." He huffed, dropping the luggage unceremoniously outside of the flight terminal. "They can get it when they're done." Hakyeon stretched before walking away from the fallen bags, sending a quick text:

I left your bags by the terminal seats, you might wanna hurry before theyre taken. Meet me at the luggage claim downstairs- xoxo H

*****************************************************************

Hotel Room 244

"Oh wow!" Jimin gasped, face and hands pressed against the hotel window. "It's Time Square!"

"Times Square" Hakyeon called from the kitchen area, examining the pans and debating on if he should cook instead of spend money out.

"It's so bright! I can't wait to go to Time Square." Taehyung breathed out from beside Jimin. Hakyeon only shook his head.

"Hey boys! What would you like for dinner? I was thinking I could make something later toni—"

"No! No, we are fine let's eat out somewhere, I'll pay! Haha, we're in New York City why cook in! Haha..." Taehyung was quick to cut Hakyeon off; the younger boy didn't wish to subject the confused looking Jimin to the horror that was their hyungs cooking "expertise."

"Ok...I guess we can try the flat pizza people always talk about." Hakyeon also looked confused at Taehyungs rambling, but elected to ignore it. 

"How about we get re-dressed and show Times Square what its been missing?"

***********************************************************

2:30 AM

"Oh my god I hate everything I'm so dead holy ." Jimin complained as the three waddled towards their hotel room.

"It was your idea we go to just one more club I promise!" Taehyung shot back with a poor imitation of Jimins voice, only to trip on the carpet some seconds later and get teased right back.

"Hey, did you see the DJ at that last club? He had good taste." Hakyeon, completely oblivious to the goings on behind him spoke up as he unlocked the door.

"By good taste are you referring to his face because you're kind of drooling." Taehyung teased, poking Hakyeons side as he passed him.

"Yeah hyung, what was that guys DJ name again? Larve?"

"Ravi."

"Ah thanks Tae. Hyung you were too busy drooling over a guy you couldn't even see correctly to hear the music. I mean the man played whale sound dubstep for god sake." Jimin was quick to join his friend in teasing Hakyeon mercilessly.

"Ok you know what? I don't need this, good night, fare well." Hakyeon waved as he stomped off to bed.

"So, goodnight?" Taehyung asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, I guess. Unless you want to help me look up cool things to do tomorrow when we ditch Hakyeon hyung." Jimin smirked back.

"I guess a few more minutes awake wouldn't hurt"

*******************************************************

10:00 AM

"When making plans to ruthlessly abandon your most gracious hyung, you should probably do it quietly. And not near my door." Hakyeon smiled as he pulled Taehyung and Jimin by the elbows to the nearest restaurant. "If I would have let you escape, we wouldn't be able to enjoy a nice breakfast together! It's especially nice because you will both be splitting the bill."

The two younger men whined out loud at that, gaining strange looks from passers bye.

"It was all Jimins idea! I was just going along with it because it was so early in the morning; I would never leave you hyung!" Taehyung tried to sway Hakyeon, ignoring the affronted "hey!" from Jimin.

"Yeah, ok Tae. Anyway, I think I'm going to get waffles, but like decked out super waffles. It's not that expensive really, only hmm, twenty some dollars? You'll survive, I assure you." Hakyeon smiled impossibly wider—being oldest definitely had its perks.

Jimin dropped his head on the table in defeat, rattling the silverware. Taehyung only muttered "same" sadly before dropping his own head.

Hakyeon's waffles never tasted so good.

**************************************************************

1:00 PM

The three were currently making their way—slowly— away from Ellis Island. The tour they had embarked on earlier in the day had lead them through both Liberty and Ellis island.

"The statue of Liberty was so cool! And so tall! I wish we could've gone up in it." Jimin was leaning on the rail of the ferry, watching the islands shrink in the distance.

"I know! But it was really nice when that cute family had us take a picture for them in front of the statue." Taehyung smiled brightly as water splashed his cheeks, giggling when he recalled the cute baby the family had been toting around.

"After this we should go Central Park. Can you believe we've been here for two days and haven't gone?" Hakyeon said to the boys upon approach. "Oh, and here's your water Tae."

The boat docked shakily ten minutes later, and thus the slow procession towards the park began.

"Should we get a taxi or take the Metro?" Hakyeon turned to look at Taehyung and Jimin.

"Metro! I've always wanted to try the NY subway!"

"Taxi obviously, there aren't hundreds of people shoved into one carriage."

Taehyung and Jimin paused before slowly looking at each other.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" Jimin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Best of three." Taehyung smirked back before stepping towards Jimin.

"This is all great but we should probably get out of the way." Hakyeon mentioned before the game began, the bustling sidewalk didn't seem the best place for such heated competition.

They shuffled off to the side, and the match began.

"Ha! Take that! Guess the Metro will have to wait." Jimin laughed victoriously.

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun calling a cab!" Taehyung bumped shoulders with Jimin before they set off.

**********************************************************

1:45 PM

"I regret the taxi, lets not do that ever again." Jimin looked apologetically at his friends.

What should have been a twenty minute ride turned into forty. They weren't able to flag a car down easily, and once they did manage to get a car, the traffic only slowed them down further.

"I'm all for Metro, lets take that to the hotel later." Hakyeon and Taehyung agreed whole heartedly.

The three started their journey through the park, stopping for each food truck and watching every act along the pathway. There were people dancing, singing, and even someone making balloon animals. It wasn't until the trio began looping back around that the world stopped.

Or at least Hakyeon did.

"Guys. Is that?" Hakyeon had frozen, staring at a man a few feet ahead who appeared to be handing out flyers.

"It can't be! Club DJ? That's so cool! Should we see what he's doing?" Taehyung became excited with the memories of the previous night, jumping in place before looking at Hakyeon and Jimin.

"Do you think that'd be weird?" Hakyeon replied first, looking nervous.

"Ah, c'mon hyung, let's just see what he's giving out. Nothing weird about some people in the park collecting some info packets, right?" Jimin soothed Hakyeon, finding some humor in his usually no nonsense hyung becoming nervous in front of a cute boy. Hakyeon let out a quiet "totally normal, yeah" before they set forth towards the stranger.

As they neared, Jimin was the first to speak up.

"Hello! What ya got there?" He smiled happily, hoping to seem friendly and take attention away from Hakyeon and his nerves. The man smiled before talking.

"This is for a show I'm doing tonight, I rap, compose, and DJ. Still pretty underground, but it's what I love. You three should come, I can get you some drink on the house. Maybe." The man laughed a bit before giving Jimin three pamphlets. "I'm Wonshik by the way, or Ravi if you go by my stage name. Hope to see you there!"

Jimin thanked the man before moving away, Taehyung also gave his thanks before following. Only Hakyeon stayed behind, shuffling on his feet.

"Your set last night was really good! I mean, not anything weird, but I was at the club last night and thought it was you if it wasn't I'm so sor—" Finally looking up, Hakyeon stopped speaking.

"No wonder I liked dubstep whale sounds." Hakyeon breathed out.

Wonshik looked confused at that but laughed none the less. "I'm glad you liked it? You know, I think is unfair you know my name, but I'm still here without a name to put to such a pretty face."

Hakyeon looked like he was about to explode.

"The names Hakyeon, do you want to get married?"

Taehyung and Jimin collapsed into laughter, of all the ways they thought their hyung would act upon meeting his Soul Mate, this wasn't one.

They never thought cool Hakyeon would become such an embarrassing mess.