NYC Pt. 2

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

Koreatown Manhattan, New York City

11:30 PM

Hakyeon, Taehyung, and Jimin walked into the less than crowded club, fog stinging their eyes and music ringing their ears. There was still an hour until Ravi's set, but Hakyeon had to be there early just in case.

That and he didn't know how much longer he could stand being stuck alone with the younger boys teasing before the cops had to be called for an attempted murder.

"Ok, I'm going to grab drinks; you guys go find a table or something." Hakyeon waved them off before walking to the long bar across the room. Taehyung looked at Jimin before motioning forward.

"That table over there, the booth by the wall! I love booths." Taehyung placed his hands on Jimins shoulders and lead him to the corner seats. "Hey, do you think hyung is going to be like Minseok hyung when it's time to leave? I mean, he acts aloof but Hakyeon hyung is just as clingy deep down. A secret mother."

"Huh" Jimin wondered aloud, sliding onto the bench across Taehyung. "I think he'll pretend to be cool, but he's totally going to cry while waving us off. Speaking of leaving though, where are we supposed to go next? LA?"

"Uh, yes? Wait, no it can't be! New York is across the country from LA, so we need to go somewhere in the middle. Dallas? Lets just call Minseok hyung tomorrow and ask, he'd love to tell us what to do again."

"True." The two exchanged light giggles before Jimin noticed Hakyeon looking around, drinks in his grasp scarily close to spilling.

 "Over here Hakyeon hyung!" Jimin yelled, waving his arms frantically.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes, smiling as he made his way through the thin crowed and falling onto the seat beside Taehyung.

"Damn, this place is expensive! I'm going to be too broke to afford my own wedding, like I'm sorry to say this but if Wonshik's set is I'm leaving before you s can drain more money out of me on snacks." Hakyeon took a long drink, eyes shifting around nervously.

"Hakyeon hyung, I know you are scared to see Wonshik again after the park incident, I get that. But please, think of the children, there's no need to be upset with us." Taehyung placed a comforting hand on Hakyeons shoulder, Jimin nodding along across the table.

"If you don't move that hand I'm biting it off. And I'm not scared, ok? I just don't want to lose all my money, I have a right to be annoyed." Taehyung pulled his hand back like he got burned, but continued to tease the other.

"I'm sure Wonshik will still love you if you become broke, I mean he didn't even laugh when you proposed! Or when you ran away after!"

"Shut up." Hakyeon whines, dropping his head onto the table with a groan. "I'm your hyung, where's the respect? Let me live, I beg you."

Jimin opened his mouth, ready to reply when the lights dimmed slightly. A scratchy voice boomed through the speakers, presumably announcing Ravi—nobody knew for sure as they were covering their ears from the static screaming.

A few seconds later and the first song of the night poured through the club speakers.

"Is he playing Gangnam Style? That's it, goodbye world. Oh wow, it's a remix. I'll see you in hell boys." Unfortunately for him, Hakyeons rambling was drowned out by the younger boys happy yelling and loud off-key singing.

***********************************************************

8:00 AM

Second Bedroom, Hotel

"Jimin, hey. You awake?" Taehyung whispered, shaking the shoulder of the boy on the bed next to him. An arm flung out from under the sheets, a lazy hand swatting the air near Taehyung.

"Please leave me, it's too early and I don't know how you're alive. I also don't want to go out and see the hyungs yet, I heard them enough last night." Jimin promptly grabbed handfuls of the fluffy comforter, burring himself out of sight.

Taehyung wanted to laugh but he had to agree, seeing the elder two would be beyond awkward. They could wait a little longer, maybe a few more hours.

Or forever.

"Now that you say it, some more time in bed wouldn't hurt."

"I'm glad you have some sense, now go the hell to sleep."

Taehyung laughed before latching onto Jimin, both boys falling back into a deep sleep.

**************************************************************

10:00 AM

Second Bedroom, Hotel

The incessant vibrating of Taehyung's cell on the bedside table is what ultimately woke the two up for good. The boys yawned in unison; Jimin stretched and grabbed the phone, throwing it at Taehyung whom was slowly moving into a sitting position.

"What's it say?" Jimin asked once the other unlocked the device, scooting to read over his shoulder.

"We went out for breakfast, the hotel stopped serving complimentary at nine. I'll bring you something back. Also I know you heard us last night, you can't hide forever xoxo~ CH" Taehyung read to Jimin, both groaning simultaneously at the last line.

"Oh god hyung why." Jimin cried, falling dramatically into the pillows.

"I'm calling Minseok hyung to complain!" Taehyung threw himself down beside Jimin, covering his face with his hands.

*****************************************************************

11:00 AM

Living Room, Hotel

"I got another text from Hakyeon hyung, he said he's sorry for taking so long and that he'll be back in twenty. I'm gonna call Minseok hyung real quick too, ok?" Taehyung informed Jimin before shutting off the T.V.'s volume.

A few minutes of buzzing rang into Taehyungs ear before a click.

"Hello? Taehyung?! How are you? How's Jimin? Is Hakyeon feeding you? I'll kick his if he's not!"Taehyung laughed into the receiver before replying.

"Hi Minseok hyung, I'm good and so is Jimin—"

"Hi hyung!" Jimin screamed in the background

"Yeah, see he's great. And Hakyeon hyung is bringing food now, so it's all good! I actually had a question though, where do we go next? I forgot."

"Oh, well you should be leaving the city in two days—wait write this down because I'm sure Hakyeon has done something to my itinerary. Ok, so in two days you leave at five A.M. and drive down the coast to Florida, and down to Miami. From Miami you get a plane to Chicago, Illinois then get on a connecting flight that will take you to Dallas, Texas and eventually LA. You should spend a week traveling and sightseeing from the moment you leave New York to when you get to Chicago. You are in Chicago for three days, Dallas for three as well, and another week in California. Got all that?"

"Hyung I... think I'll just call you along the way. Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot! Hakyeon hyung found his Soul Mate. Ok love you bye!" Taehyung quickly hung up, knowing Minseok was going to freak out about the news.

"Hakyeon hyung can deal with that" he thought with a laugh before turning the television volume back on, throwing the remote to Jimin.

The door opened almost immediately after his thought, Hakyeons one sided conversation with Minseok—if the annoyed tone was anything to go by—alerting the lounging boys to the appearance of their hyung and most importantly: food.

"Food!" Jimin yelled, running to the kitchen and grabbing the bag Hakyeon was holding right out of his hands.

"Hey!" Hakyeon shouted indigently, but he went ignore by everybody aside from Minseok, who spoke loudly through the phone, "maybe if you didn't starve them they would be nicer!"

Hakyeon shook his head, walking into his own bedroom and shutting the door, continuing to get berated by Minseok.

"Tae, let's eat on the couch, come on." Jimin lead the way back to the living room, dumping the bags contents on the coffee table before falling onto the sofa. "So it looks like we have an assortment of drug store snacks, doughnuts, and some sort of leftovers box."

"Hakyeon hyung sure knows how to spoil us."

*********************************************************************

Niagara Falls, New York

12:00 PM

The trio and Wonshik had driven up to the falls together, Hakyeon having insisted seeing them with the younger boys. They were supposed to be in--or passed--Pennsylvania by now, but Taehyung couldn't say no to the pleading look on his hyungs face when he asked if they could go to the falls together.

"So, this was great, but I think it's time we hit the road." Jimin spoke first, breaking the comfortable silence and stepping away from the railing separating them and the horse shoe drop.

Hakyeon subtly sniffed, also backing away with Wonshik in tow.

"Yeah, you kids need to get going, find your happiness and all that." Hakyeon said to the boys as they meandered towards the car park.

 Wonshik offered a quick goodbye to the youngest once they reached the cars, getting in his own as to allow the three privacy in their separation.

"Be safe ok? You can always call hyung, got it? I know that that probably won't happen since we didn't call the others much after they left, so I'll try not to get too worried. I love you little brats, see you in a month." Hakyeon gathered Taehyung and Jimin in his arms, squeezing them tight before pushing them towards their car.

"Bye hyung."

"Bye Hakyeon hyung!" Taehyung and Jimin chorused, getting into their respective seats. Hakyeon stood waving at the boys as they left, watching until they were out of sight.

He then slowly made his was around Wonshik's car, getting in silently.

"Are you ok?" Wonshik asked carefully, holding Hakyeon hand on the center console.

"Of course!" Hakyeon laughed him off, waving his hand like it was nothing.

 Not five minuets later, Hakyeon burst into tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Hello! I was hoping to stave off on an authors note until finishing this story as to keep the mood, but I felt I should apologise. It has been a month since I last updated, finals was not fun and took so much time so I thank you for sticking with me.

I also have a very cool announcement--I've seen other authors do this so I thought I'd join in telling you all I'm going to see EXO in Chicago! I'm very thankful and hope some of you got tickets as well~  

Anyway, thank you so, so much for giving love to my story, I really enjoy seeing/reading what everybody thinks.

See you neXt time!~B