Berlin Pt. 2

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

Berlin, Germany

12:00 PM

Two hours into the tour and it was—finally, in Hakyeons humble opinion—drawing to a close. The group was meandering through the third, and last, park of the day when Jimin spoke up.

"Hey Minseok hyung, are you ok?" Jimin had noticed the others strange mood changes from the moment they had entered the park to the exit that was fast approaching. Startled, Minseok looked up from his shoes.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm good Jimin." Minseok gave his best everything is fine here smile, but dropped it after a minute. "Ok, fine, I don't really know? I was happy and excited when we walked into the park! My heart was pounding and it got really hot but I thought it was the air and my imagination you know? As we got closer to the end of the path it started to fade and got cold, I guess I didn't know how to handle it. Strange, right? I wonder wh-"

"Holy !" Hakyeon screamed as a soccer ball nailed Minseok in the face.

"He's out cold!" Taehyung yelled from where he dropped onto his knees, shaking Minseok's shoulder roughly. "What do we do, take him to the hospital!?" 

"Hey! You! This is your fault isn't it? What the hell were you doing kicking a ball like that!" Hakyeon yelled angrily as he spotted an approaching stranger, one who happened to be wringing his hands and biting his lip guiltily.

"Sorry! I honestly didn't mean to! I was just playing with some friends and I started to feel weird, and the next thing I know my kick misses, the ball hits the goal post and sails over here. I'm really sorry, it was an accident! I'll pay for the doctor bills, or lunch or something!" The small, dark haired stranger spoke rapidly, holding his hands up in surrender.

Jimin held onto Hakyeons arm through out the interaction, just in case the other did anything irrational. Though the boy himself, and even Taehyung look ready to pounce on the new guy. It seemed they all had a weak spot for their hyung.

Before anybody could make another move though, Minseok groaned loudly.

"Oh god, why is it so bright?" It seemed as though the hit to the face didn't keep him out for long. "Why am I on the ground? And what the in the world hit me?" Minseok was growing more confused. The confusion only escalated when he spotted Hakyeon being held back by Jimin, and Taehyung staring intently at his face.

Minseok heard shoes scuffle on his other side and slowly turned to see...the sun. Minseok squinted but couldn't identify anything besides the glare of the sun behind what must have been the culprit of his pain.

"This put you to sleep with a soccer ball, I swear to god I'm going to ki- oh come on!" Hakyeon began his angry rant only to fall short at the sight of the stranger's iris swirling when Minseok squinted up at him.

Jimin started to cackle, anger dissipating slightly as he noticed the change too.

"What?" Minseok only became more confused, looking to Taehyung who had now stood up, holding a hand out to Minseok.

"Come on hyung, I think we need to get you some headache medicine for when the pain catches up." Taehyung smiled as the other slowly got to his feet. "But first..." Taehyung clamped his hands on Minseoks shoulders and turned him around to face the stranger. "Introductions!"

Hakyeon still seemed put off by the new guy, and only sighed as the realization slowly overcame his friend.

"You're-! You-! My face, you hit me, but you and me-?" Minseok was ecstatic, to say the least.

The other man nodded frantically "Yeah I, wow ok hi."

The two looked at each other a moment at a loss for word before Jimin whistled lowly, coughing out an "awkward" under his breath.

"Oh! Oh, yes I should introduce myself! I'm Minseok, well Kim Minseok, and these are my friends Hakyeon, Jimin, and Taehyung." He pointed them out respectively, flustered by the strangers unwavering gaze.

"Hello, I'm Luhan. It's nice to meet you all! Especially you Minseok, I dare say I've never seen someone as cute and small as you!"

Bad idea.

Taehyung, sensing the eruption Minseok was about to have by being referred to as both "cute" and "small" in the same sentence, decided to jump in.

"Isn't that great? We are all so happy to meet you Luhan, now let's go get our Minseok hyung some medicine!" He quickly clamped on the elders shoulders again, steering him towards the van. Hakyeon and Jimin giggled behind their hands before taking Luhan by both his elbows and dragging him too.

"Luhan is so not going to survive!" Hakyeon laughed outright to Jimin, talking right over said boys head. Jimin could only agree while Luhan complained indignantly at Hakyeons assumptions, and the fact that he couldn't keep talking to his precious tiny soul mate.

***************************************************************

"I don't think we'll have to go to the hospital, it doesn't seem like he got a concussion or anything."

They were all sat in the car outside of the hotel. Minseok had already taken medicine with water of dubious quality he had found under his seat. Taehyung had been "examining" Minseok for the past ten minutes and now deemed him healthy.

"Ok but, how do you know?" Hakyeon asked from where he draped himself over Minseok's seat.

"His pupils aren't dilated or anything...I'm pretty sure that's how you check." Taehyung smiled sheepishly, but it wasn't really his fault Minseok refused to go to a professional.

Luhan, whom was still in the car, smartly remained quite despite the crushing urge to do something. He really wanted to help Minseok, but knew the others—Hakyeon—would chew him up for "insinuating he knew better" than the eldest's lifelong friends.

"Let's just go inside ok? And yes Luhan is going too, so don't give me that look Hakyeon." Minseok was stern despite the dull throbbing still present behind his eyes. He was also much more nervous and excited about being alone with Luhan-- Luhan his soul Mate, god that felt great to say-- than he let on. 

"Why are you still looking at me? Out! Let's go!" with that he hopped out of the car, the others following close behind.

The walk through the lobby was uneventful, but the elevator ride was a whole other matter. With Taehyung no longer filling the silence with his "examination" diagnostics on Minseok, it was painfully silent. Every attempt Luhan made to break the ice was left with him couching dryly and not actually saying anything.

"Finally!" Minseok breathed under his breath once the hotel door clicked open. "I'm going to go to my room with Luhan, alone, so we can talk." He asserted before the group could even take off their shoes or debate with him, and drug the boy away.

Unfortunately, Luhan could still see the three others. Taehyung's wide off putting smile, Hakyeons closed fist, and Jimins I'm watching you gestures followed him all the way to his Soul Mates room.

'I'm going to die here'  was the last thought that flitted through Luhans head before Minseok's door shut behind him.

*************************************************************************

Hotel "Living Room"

The three remaining men were sat around the TV, occasionally casting glances at their eldest friends door.

Hakyeon and Taehyung had always been a bit overprotective of Minseok despite his age over them. He was the one that everybody in their friend group confided in; he was the backbone and their unyielding support whether he knew it or not. Jimin, meanwhile, had grown attached to Minseok as an older brother figure over the course of the trip.

These facts obviously justified their distrust of Luhan despite him being Minseoks Soul Mate. The man did injure Minseok after all.

It had now been some hours since they arrived back and the two aforementioned men were still shut away. Hakyeon and Jimin had fallen asleep at some point in the past few minuets, leaving Taehyung awake.

He took the now peaceful mood as an opportunity to text Jaehwan, Yoongi, and Kris about Luhan and the incident he caused. That went over about as well as he thought it would, even Kris expressed concern after laughing through emojis for a solid ten minutes.

Soul Mates really aren't perfect, are they?

Taehyung was quick to chase his friends into sleep after that thought.

******************************************************************

Berlin Tegel Airport

7:30 AM

It was finally time for the group to move on and leave a very reluctant Minseok behind.

Flight 448 to London, England will begin boarding in thirty minutes. Flight 448 to London, England will begin boarding in thirty minutes. Thank you.

Minseok jumped at the announcement, visibly upset. Luhan rubbed a comforting hand on his arm slowly. It had been three days since the boys met Luhan, and one day since they genuinely accepted and admitted to liking him.

"Minseok hyung, you do realize you are coming with us right?" Jimin laughed at Minseoks jumpy appearance.

The elder had insisted on following the boys to London under the pretense of seeing Luhan's favorite soccer team.

"But once we are in London, you'll be going off on your own and I'll go back home! What will you do without me? And my itinerary! You need it to help you!" Minseok was nervous about leaving them to travel foreign countries without him, especially with Taehyung being the youngest.

"Minseok it'll be fine, I can watch out for them. You were fine when Yoongi and Jaehwan left with strangers, just in case you forgot." Hakyeon shot back as they reached their terminal.

"That's different! They were going back to Korea, a place we know, not America!" Minseok huffed before sitting down forcefully.

"We will be ok, I promise hyung. You need to be happy too, and go back home with Luhan! He needs to meet the other boys and your family, remember?" Taehyung smiled brightly to lighten his friend mood.

He wasn't really worried about the foreign places himself. Taehyung knew that when either Hakyeon or Jimin—whomever found their Soul Mate last—went back home, he would go with them.

No sense continuing to look for false hope.

************************************************************

Heathrow Airport, London

8:30 AM

"Make sure you eat lots of food ok? Hakyeon be careful and don't lose them! If I hear one bad thing I will fly right to wherever you are, got it? And call me every day, you better not forget!" Minseok was yelling as Luhan dragged him away from the other boys.

Despite already saying their goodbyes, Minseok couldn't quite part with his friends yet. They had collectively—sans Minseok—decided it would be better for them to split at the airport now, as opposed to waiting until the group had to leave for America.

Luhan had also decided to buy the next flight out of there, which began boarding in ten minuets.

"That hyung is really something, isn't he?" Jimin laughed as he watched their disappearing forms.

Taehyung and Hakyeon chimed in their agreements before the latter officially stepped into his new role of "leader."

"Ok boys, as the new man in charge I declare first we get our bags and all that fun , check in at the hotel, and then we can do whatever!"

The resounding cheers made Hakyeon feel proud, he would show Minseok he was completely capable of taking care of Taehyung and Jimin on his own.

**************************************************************************

"Would you please, for the love of god, stop calling me! We miss you too Minseok, but its been one day! Plus it's five in the morning!" Hakyeon went quiet as he listened to the other before snorting loudly. "Of course you'd have a copy of the damn itinerary; well I didn't want to wake them up so early today! And quite frankly I would like to sleep too. Goodbye Minseok, I'm turning my phone off now!"

True to his word Hakyeon shut off the device completely before collapsing back onto the springy hotel bed.

He was going to burn that itinerary the next time he had to so much as think about it

***************************************************************************

Unbeknownst to Hakyeon, Taehyung and Jimin sat giggling outside his door. Minseok had called them both multiple as well, but they knew it would be ten times worse for their hyung.

"Hey Jimin, do you think we should make Hakyeon hyung a nice breakfast in bed for all his troubles?" Taehyung smirked mischievously at the boy next to him.

"Why Taehyung, I do believe that's the best idea you've had all week."