Busan

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

June 12th

9:30 AM, Busan South Korea

"Hey guys, has anybody seen Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung's voice broke the excited chattering of the group.

"He told me he had to use the restroom, so I'm sure he's just looking for one." Jaehwan replied over his shoulder.

"Yeah, but wasn't that like an hour ago? Please tell me we didn't lose Yoongi."

Hakyeon chuckled nervously, "I'll call him."

Two missed calls and three rings later the call was picked up with a click.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah? You disappear, don't answer my calls, and then finally pick up with yeah? Where in the fresh hell are you?! The plane leaves in two and a half hours, and not sure if you knew but we have yet to make it to the airport- you don't even have your passport or tickets! What if we left you, huh? We still have to drive to the airport and make it through security, this was only a stop to tour around a bit because we had time but now we don't-"

"Woah! Ok, ok sorry hyung let me explain!"  Yoongi cut into Hakyeons rant before it could escalate further. "I uh, funny story really, while I was looking for a bathroom I may have run into my soul mate. Surprise!" Hakyeon's jaw dropped at the younger mans words.

"Really?" He breathed out in disbelief. "That's, that's really great!"

"So I was wondering, because we're still in Korea and all, if I could stay?" An unfamiliar voice whispered after Yoongi. "Maybe you could, give my tickets to someone else? They are under SSI right? So I mean you could, like, find someone else to search with? Sorry Hyung, I really have to go."  There was faint laughter before the line clicked off.

"So, we lost Yoongi." Hakyeon sighed lightly as he turned towards the group. "But he found his soul mate! Unfortunately though, we don't have time to talk because we really need to catch our flight. And maybe find a replacement Yoongi" He spared no more time before grabbing the arm of the closest boy, Jaehwan, and directing the giggly group towards the waiting van.

                              ************************************************************

SSI airlines Flight 628, departing from Busan, South Korea to Sapporo, Japan will begin boarding shortly. All passengers please make your way to gate C-12, thank you.

The boys looked up in surprise before beginning to rush away from the security gates. With shoes half on and belts in hand, some even shoved through loops haphazardly, the boys bolted towards gate C-12.

"Why does it take so long to get through airport security? Like who decided that wa-" Taehyung was cut off as his cheek met the floor with a thud. Twin groans sounded as he slid on the floor one handed, and away from the legs tangled with his own. Grabbing his head and sitting up, Taehyung turned to find he had tripped over a boy. A cute boy with a light voice. Who was talking to him.

"What?" Smart Taehyung, first you fall on him then you miss what he says, A plus first impression.

"Oh! Ha, I was just apologizing for lying on the floor and tripping you. I'm Jimin, Park Jimin, and I may be going through some major self pity." Said boy stuck out his right hand.

"It's nice to meet you on such a nice floor Park Jimin, I'm Kim Taehyung. May I ask why you are lying on the floor in self pity?" He looked up when he heard his name to see his friends- who kept walk after his fall, how nice- waving at him to hurry up, Minseok pointing frantically to his watch. "Not that I have much time."

"No, I don't mind you asking. Long story short, some classmates used me to get a soul mate sponsorship, and when we got here for the flight, which left two hours ago, the stole my ticket and took the driver with them. The driver!  Who it turns out was a friend of theirs, but she has a record and was denied sponsorship directly. So here I am, sad and on the floor." Jimin ended with a shrug, and pointed a thumb towards Taehyungs frantic friends. "I think they want you now."

Taehyung just stared at Jimin, thinking of how god damn lucky this was, before grabbing his arm and hauling the other boy up.

"Jimin! This is perfect! Our friend left us earlier because he found his soul mate, so why don't you come with us!" Taehyung was already halfway to his group before he even finished speaking, dragging a not so reluctant and smiling Jimin behind him. "Hyungs! I found a boy! His name Is Park Jimin and his friends abandoned him here so can we please, please bring him?"

The group laughed at the youngest, ruffling his hair before greeting Jimin with warm smiles.

"Ok, I know we are all happy to have a new face but the flight leaves in ten and we have to go, like now." Minseok said before tilting his head towards the C gates.

The boys seemed to get a shock from that and stared to move once more, all of them out of breath by the time they arrived at their gate.

"Welcome aboard Jimin." Taehyung heaved as he slid into one of the waiting dock seats.

"Thanks for having me." Jimin wheezed back, smiling brightly, his eyes all but disappearing.

SSI airlines flight 628 to Sapporo, Japan will now begin boarding. Group A please line up at the gate, thank you and have a safe flight.