Barcelona

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

Barcelona, Spain

Passeig de Gràcia

On the other side of the street, Jimin and Taehyung were frozen, leaning forward to see what was happening between Chicken Man and Kris.

"Taehyung? Jimin?" Hakyeon asked when he noticed the younger boys gawking across the street. "What are you doing?"

"We're watching Kris ask Chicken Man where he got his coat, but I think something happened because Chicken Man is just staring at Kris kind of funny." Taehyung replied without even looking at Hakyeon.

"Uh, ok. Minseok you mind coming here?" Hakyeon waved over the eldest member, now also watching Kris and the mystery man.

Minseok looked up from where he was taking a selfie with his coffee to find the rest of his group staring across the road. Confused he pocketed his phone and sidled up to Hakyeon.

"You know, it's not polite to stare so openly at others." Minseok chided as he was still not sure as to what his friends were doing.

"Yeah but this is Kris, and If my suspicions are correct he might have just met someone important. I mean he hasn't moved in like twenty minutes from what the kids have said, and judging by the look on Chicken Man's face something definitely happened." Hakyeon replied, all while never moving from his position of observation. "Chicken Man? What?" Minseok muttered in utter confusion before speaking up.

"Well, ok then. I'm just gonna go over there now." He gestured across the street before stepping away from the strange group.

"Minseok wait!" Hakyeon shouted as he frantically reached for the elder's sleeve. "You can't interrupt them!" Minseok gave a long suffering sigh.

"Well Hakyeon, seen as how we don't actually know this guys significance he could be literally anybody. Plus we are still on a schedule with today being our only break; do you really want to be stuck here for however long their statue game goes?" Minseok gave a pointed look before breaking out of Hakyeons hold and walking calmly towards Kris.

"Geez, what did I do wrong." Hakyeon huffed.

"You did interrupt Minseok hyungs very serious important coffee time. He was even taking a selfie, you know not to bother him until he's done." Taehyung replied in mock disappointment, shaking his head. Hakyeon couldn't even defend himself, knowing the truth in the others words.

He settled for crossing his arms and pouting at Minseoks back.

                                    **************************************************************************

Across the street

"I'm Tao...I can't believe you found me." The man-Tao - looked at Kris with wide eyes.

"Uhmhi." Was all Kris could get out in his shock, thoughts a jumbled mess.

Oh god Kris what kind of noise was that?!

He's so Cute! Wait, cute? Hot definitely hot.

I was supposed to be smooth.

Oh god.

That was so not smooth.

Why isn't he talking? Did I scare him? Is he disappointed?!

Should I apologize?

Do I still ask where he got his coat?!

A distant shout jolted Kris out of his warring mind.

"Minseok Wait! You can't interrupt them!" Oh no.

Kris had almost forgotten that his group would most definitely be waiting for him. Panicked he said the first things that came to his mind.

"That's a nice coat; too bad chicken is not my style. Though for you I think it could become my favorite meal." I'm finished; he's going to ask for a divorce.

One look at Tao's undecipherable expression had Kris' panic increase tenfold. In an attempt to save face Kris tried to lean against the structure next to him.

A wheeled clothing rack.

"I mean, hey I'm Kris-."

In no time at all he was on the ground covered in the clearance section.

Seemingly unable to take it anymore, Tao started cracking up, along with what sounded like four other traitorous voices.

Minseok was, as Kris looked away from Tao, suddenly looking down at him.

"On my way over I thought I'd have to push you to get your attention, but it looks like you did that on your own." Minseok smirked cheekily before noticing Kris's eyes. "Hakyeon was right..."

"What was that?" Hakyeon whispered into Minseoks ear, causing him to scream in fear.

"Nothing! And don't sneak up on me like that!" Minseok yelled at a smug Hakyeon, hand clutched against his racing heart.

"Yeah Hakyeon hyung, Minseok hyung is an old man! You can't scare the elderly like that." Jimin laughed before hiding behind Taehyung when Minseok turned to glare at him. Taehyung put his arms up in surrender as Minseok came closer.

"Why you little-"

"Absolutely wonderful young man!" Hakyeon cut in before the other could tear Jimin apart. "Minseok! Come meet Tao, He looks really cool and definitely shouldn't have murder as a first impression of us!" Hakyeon grabbed Minseok around the shoulders and steered him towards Tao. "Kris why don't you give introductions, hmm?" Hakyeon nudged the downtrodden man with his foot.

"Uh, yeah." He cleared his throat. "This is, uh, Hakyeon. He normally acts how Minseok is acting right now. Minseok is the small one in front of him." Both men looked affronted. "Over there are Jimin and Taehyung, Jimin has the hat by the way. They are the youngest." Taehyung and Jimin waved jovially despite the lackluster introduction.

"Hello, I'm Tao." Tao smiled shyly at of all the new faces, shuffling marginally closer to Kris.

Taehyung glanced around at the now awkwardly silent group and decided to help out.

"So...dinner?"

                                                ***************************************************************

Dinner had been a success, with everybody learning about Tao and where he found his coat. At one point Kris had almost started crying when it was discovered Tao had left China the same day he'd arrived.

It was also over dinner that they decided Kris would stay behind with Tao, much like the previous pairs had, before returning to their home. They parted ways later that night, but not before Minseok grilled Kris and made him promise to call unlike some others.

                                                 ********************************************************************

6:50 AM

BCN Airport

It was the next day and the boys found themselves at yet another airport.

"Time for Rome! Italy seems like it'll be nice, the airport we're going to is even called the Leonardo da Vinci International Airport. Ah, how cool is that?" Minseok was back to his trip enthusiastic self, ready to bring the mood up in the sleep deprived group.

"Why are you so chipper?" Hakyeon whined "It's six in the morning! What kind of animal is happy being on such a schedule?"

Minseok elected to ignore that, as he was happy to be leading them once again on his meticulously planned itinerary. It wasn't until they were all sat in the gate and more awake that Minseok spoke again.

"So we're heading to Rome first, which we all know. Then we'll be free of plane rides for a while, but that also means lots of driving. We will be going up Italy to Florence and Milan, and then we cut across Switzerland to Paris, France. After a few days in Paris we go across Belgium to Germany, where our last stop in Mainland Europe is-Berlin!" Minseok explained the next two weeks to the group cheerily, mentally marking off where they will stop and for how long. He was met with an enthusiastic Cool! From Taehyung and a loud snore from Hakyeon, Jimins reaction somewhere in between.

"Flight 186 to Rome, Italy will now begin boarding seats A-C. Flight 186 to Rome, Italy is now boarding."

                                           ***************************************************************

Exactly two hours later and the group were touring Rome; Taehyung seemed to be the most excited despite Minseoks previous enthusiasm.

"We should go to the Coliseum next! Then we should get a real Italian meal and gelato and then we can go to that bridge with the dome that always shows up when you search images of Rome!" Taehyung was practically jumping at this point, much to the despair of passersby.

"Whoa! Chill there Tae, the old rocks aren't going to run away." Jimin laughed at his friends sudden hyper attitude.

"See this is why Taehyung isn't allowed to order his own drinks on the plane." Hakyeon said, shaking his head as he draped an arm over Minseoks shoulders.

"Like I was supposed to know he'd be capable of drinking so much Red Bull! The flight was only 70 minutes long for god sake, I thought I could get a nap in." Minseok huffed as he shrugged out from under Hakyeons arm. "Let's just let him run off his steam. All I have planned for today is exploring the city anyway, which he seems all too ready for."

With a light chuckle they all set off behind Taehyung who was very much ready to run off his energy.

                                               ************************************************************

"Tae why. Tae. Please." Jimin was trying to get out of bed with little success.

Taehyung had, in fact, spent the whole day previous running the group around all of Rome's sights. Only to crash immediately upon entering their hotel room.

Jimin was starting to regret having Taehyung share a room with him as the boy was currently a dead weight across his chest.

"Taehyuung I need to go to the bathroom!" Jimin yelled into the sleeping boys ear.

He was also regretting shutting the door joining their room to Hakyeon and Minseok's last night. Jimin was ready to just roll them both onto the floor to rid himself of Taehyungs octopus hold, but it seemed the slumbering boy had other plans.

"Oh thank god you woke- HOLY !" Jimin went from happy to disgusted in mere seconds as what he thought was Taehyung waking up, was actually Taehyung getting sick.

On Jimin.

"Ok that's it! I'm done! Minseok! Hakyeon! Take him!" Jimin yelled as he crashed off the bed and scrambled to open the adjoining door.

"Wha?" Hakyeon mumbled from his bed.

"Taehyung just puked all over me! I'm done! Come take care of him, I need to shower! Oh god it's so warm." Jimin whined as he turned and ran into the bathroom.

Hakyeon snorted before cracking up completely. Minseok walked out of the bathroom in time to see Hakyeon crying in laughter. Upon seeing his confusion Hakyeon explained.

"T-Taehyung threw up all over Jimin! Oh my god, Jimin came in here, he was such a mess, this is the best day of my life!" Hakyeon was starting to calm down, whipping the tears from his cheeks.

"I should have known this would happen." Minseok shook his head. "Every time Tae eats too much sugar and caffeine he gets sick. He must have eaten more than I thought..." Minseok trailed off before continuing. "In any case, I just showered so you have to go!" Hakyeons bright smile instantly vanished.

"You monster."