June 5th

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

"It's been nearly two weeks, two! This is it, isn't it? I bet they are going to ignore us and hope we forget that we even tried for a sponsorship because it would be nicer then flat out rejecting us."

"Hakyeon, will you please calm down? These things take time, and they wouldn't just ignore us. SSI has a wonderful reputation for a reason." Minseok tried to reason from his place on the couch.

Hakyeon paused in his pacing and slowly turned to face the elder.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?" The rest of the group groans when they hear his tone of voice. "Well excuse me; is my pacing bothering you hyung? Is it bothering you more than the lateness of the letter that will determine our very futures? Well sorry I didn't mean to be a burden, it's just that I'm getting older and would rather not live alone and sad for the rest of my life!" With that Hakyeon stormed out of the room, the only sound following his exit is the slam of a door.

"Well" Yoongi cleared his throat "That could have gone better."

The tension eases slowly when Jaehwan starts to crack jokes and bring life back to the remaining four in the room. While everybody began joking and playing around again, Taehyung noticed Minseok was still on the couch with a distant look in his eyes. He must have felt the stare Taehyung was giving him as they lock eyes a few moments later. Taehyung mouths you should go talk to him, to which the latter only nods before pushing off towards the hallway Hakyeon had disappeared down earlier.

It was only a few minutes later that the two eldest re-appeared, Hakyeon looking suspiciously like he had cried. But before anybody could comment, the apartment buzzer sounded. They all froze and looked at each other wide eyed.

"Do you think it could finally be..?" Jaehwan questioned slowly.

"Maybe, I mean there's nobody else that I know of that would come here. I also haven't received today's mail..." Minseok replied just as slowly before moving towards the door. Once he reached the destined space, he pressed the answer button on the buzzer.

"Hello? Yes this is. OK, thank you, I will be down in a moment." He let go of the button and turned to the boys gathered behind him.

"It's a package; I have to go sign for it. I'll be back in a minute." The atmosphere of the room fell once again as the boys dispersed to different parts of the living room behind them.

"And here I thought this would be it, maybe Hakyeon hyung is right?" Yoongi voiced from the window he was stood by. They all just glanced around at each other before sighing in defeat.

*********************************************************************

"I'm back!" Minseok called as he entered the silent apartment. He was met with various grunts in reply and a muffled "Hi hyung."

When Minseok walked into the living room area, a large box held in his arms, he saw that all the lights were off and his friends were strewn about the floor. Shuffling sideways he flicked on the light switch and walked to the center of the room. Once he was there he looked about before shaking the box slightly.

"Hey guys guess what?" He questioned with a smirk "It seems SSI decided to send a care package."

The reactions were immediate; the boys all jumping up to surround Minseok.

"So are you gonna open it? What do you think it is? Wait! I'll get scissors!" Jaehwan spoke in a rush before running off to hunt for said scissors. The other boys just watched in amusement as Jaehwan ran around yelling for the scissors to come out.

"Got them!" Jaehwan's yell was muffled through the walls but the pounding of his running feet was not. "Here, open it!" He passed the scissors to Minseok upon arrival and panted to regain his breath.

Minseok cut away the tape closing the cardboard carefully, just so he wouldn't accidentally damage its contents. Setting the scissors aside he lifted the flaps and peered into the box, along with the four others.

"I can't see" Taehyung stated helpfully before Hakyeon instructed them to sit back.

One by one Minseok pulled items from the box: Passports and tickets, a map, a binder, and a letter. A collective gasp of amazement was heard before the shouting and cheering started.

"Shh! Shh! Guys, I'm going to read the letter! Come here!" Minseok yelled in excitement. Clearing his throat he began speaking.

"Dear Mr. Kim Minseok and Company,

   After much consideration and deliberation, it was decided among the board of SoulMate Search International's directors to grant your party a sponsorship. Having only received your address as the residency of which to send this information and the trip items, enclosed are the following: 10 passports paid in full through SSI- This is to allow soul mate pairs found in different countries passage to travel with the group or travel back home. 10 Ticket passes for SSI's airline- these follow the same guidelines. Both items will become invalid at the end of the 12 month trip time line. One map which shows the rout of the trip, and one binder. The binder contains a list of the cities you will visit on your journey as well as schedules to ensure you make it through the rout in the allotted 12 month period. The trip beings June 12, the plane will be departing from Busan to Sapporo Japan at 12 pm KST.

We at SSI thank you for your patience and apologies for the prolonged wait time.

Good luck! Sincerely,

CEO Choi Yeo Jin."

The following silence was deafening, as if no one dared to speak and break the spell.

"Guys, it's happening. This is really happening!" Hakyeon was the first to break the silence, laughing in disbelief. Not long after they were all laughing, jumping, and cheering.

"We're going to find our soul mates!"