London

How to Lose Your Friends in Twelve Months (or the Trip heard ‘round the World)

London, England

6:30 AM

"Oh wow! That was so great—did you see his face?! This is the best day ever! I can't breathe, hold me Taehyung!" Jimin was screeching in near tears as they ran out of the hotel.

Suffice to say Hakyeon didn't quite appreciate their breakfast efforts.

"That was so worth the stain we'll probably have to pay for on the kitchen ceiling!" Taehyung was just as giggly, chest heaving as they slowed to a stop.

The boys finally ended hunched over at a street corner some blocks from the hotel. As they calmed down they realized one very unfortunate detail—they were slightly lost.

"Uh...Jimin? Do you by chance have your phone?" Taehyung asked slowly, realizing the familiar weight of his own device was vacant in his pocket.

"Haha, no. But you do right?" Taehyung shook his head "No? Great, ok this is fine! We are fine!" Jimin was not fine.

He reached up, scratching the back of his neck roughly. Jimins face scrunched in thought before he exclaimed a loud "Aha! I got it! I have my wallet, right? Bound to be some spare change in there! So lets find one of those cool telephone boxes and call Hakyeon hyung, and if he refuses we can always get Minseok hyung to harass him." Taehyung nodded along to Jimins idea before pushing his shoulder lightly.

"That's a great idea! Only problem is, where would we find those telephone boxes and what is Hakyeon hyungs number." Jimin froze at that, mouth opening and closing dumbly.

"Well ."

************************************************

8:00 AM

Hakyeon sighed loudly in frustration, pulling at his hair as he clicked off another call from Minseok. It had been two hours since he lost Jimin and Taehyung, and one hour since Minseok found out.

Hakyeon knew he should've disabled the tracking app on their phones.

He was currently running down a busy street packed with foreigners and locals alike, darting in and out of shops and, what was it, Pubs? Before getting slammed to a halt. A large crowed was gathering and he really didn't have time for this . Hakyeon caught a quick glance of what appeared to be a soul mate couple meeting, their hug garnering applause from the bystanders, before he rushed away to find his younger dev—companions.

Where could those brats have run off too?

Unbeknownst to Hakyeon, the two he was searching for were closer than anticipated.

"Jimin! Hey, look! Was that Hakyeon hyung?!" Taehyung slapped Jimins shoulder as he spoke.

Jimin looked away from the window where he had been observing two just-met Soul Mates before following Taehyungs pointing finger. Right across from them was Hakyeon, pushing through the crowed of on lookers with a crazed face.

"It totally is! Let's follow him, I bet he's looking for us!" Jimin grabbed Taehyung and pulled him from the stool he was perched on. "Come on, you can finish your ice cream on the go."

 And with that they set off to hopefully not lose their hyung again.

******************************************************************

"Sir! Sir! Would you like to have a pamphlet on our hair care produ—"

"No thanks." Hakyeon swiftly cut off the sales lady before beginning to move away.

Taehyung and Jimin are so going to get it.

"But sir I can see your roots really are in desperate need of a touch up!" Her shrill voice ground Hakyeon to a stop immediately.

"Excuse me?" He turned around slowly, hands coming to rest across his chest. "You did not just insult my hair." Hakyeon swore he heard giggling to his right but ignored it in favor of the outrageous woman in front of him.

"Oh! Oh no! I would never do such a thing! I was simply saying, from an expert's point of view that it needs just a touch up, some flare and it'll be just fabulous! I'll even give a discount hmm? What do you say?" The woman was severely backpedaling, not wanting to cause a scene and lose clientele.

Hakyeon shifted his weight slightly, still squinting suspiciously, but decided her offer wouldn't hurt. One must look presentable for their Soul Mate, yes? With that thought in mind, Hakyeon nodded before sniffing dramatically.

"I'll take your offer Ms., but only because I feel generous today." And with that he waltzed into the shop, a quiet "So I was thinking we could go bl—" sounding before the door shut.

Across the street Taehyung and Jimin were looking at each other incredulously.

"Taehyung...what just happened?"

"I think Hakyeon hyung abandoned looking for us to get his hair dyed."

*******************************************************

9:30 PM

Taehyung and Jimin were laying on the floor of the hotel, or more accurately the carpeted hallway outside their hotel room.

It had been a tiring day, and the boys may have gotten distracted by the cool shop across from the hairdresser Hakyeon had disappeared into earlier.

And then a food cart a few feet away from that.

Then another shop some feet from the food cart.

So maybe they had ended up losing Hakyeon.

Again.

But fortunately, as it had rounded late afternoon the boys had found the sense to ask for directions to their hotel. Not the best method as they still had no idea where they were going, but they found it eventually. All that was left was to sit and wait for their hyung to return.

"Jimin" Taehyung whined "It's been hours, where could he possibly be?" Jimin lolled his head to the side, looking at the other boy before shrugging nonsensically.

"No idea. Hey, do you think room service works in the hallway?"

"You mean like, hallway service?"

"Yeah, exactly the same but in a hallway, they'd do it right?"

"That is by far the stupidest I've ever heard. And I hate you." Hakyeons voice rang out as he rounded the corner, coming upon the two half asleep boys.

The reactions were immediate.

"Hyung! I've missed you! Please feed me!"

"Woah you got blond hair to cover the old man grey streaks!"

Jimin got a whack to the head for his comment before both were crushed into the eldest's arms.

"God, you kids nearly killed me! Minseok would not stop calling. He saw my phone was somewhere in the city, while both of yours were here and he flipped! Also never scare me like that again; I thought I lost you s forever!" Hakyeon pulled them closer to him, squeezing them into a tight circle.

"Aww, don't cry hyung! We didn't mean to run, you were just in a murderous rage this morning and we kind of wanted to live." Taehyung patted Hakyeons arm gently.

Seeming to remember the details of that morning Hakyeon nodded his head.

"Oh yeah, that's right! Well this has been fun hasn't it? Too bad you won't live to see tomorrow."

**************************************************

Dublin Airport, Dublin Ireland

11:10 AM

"That sure was an eventful week, ey Tae?" Jimin elbowed Taehyung lightly, giggling as the other snapped out of his sleepy trance.

"Huh? Yeah, crazy." Taehyung would have been more enthusiastic if he didn't know Jimin was teasing him. Jimin knew the latter had been woken up by Minseok calling at all hours the previous night.

"Hyung only called what, seventy two times was it?" Jimin smirked at Taehyungs pout.

"Alright children, that's enough. Yes, Minseok hyung is a monster that doesn't know the word sleep but we have a flight to catch. It's the U.S. next, and I totally can't wait to use this hair to my advantage in LA!" Hakyeon smiled widely, winking for effect, to which Taehyung stuck out his tongue.

"Flight 126 to JFK airport, New York City will now begin departure. Last call for flight 126 to JFK airport, New York City. Thank you."