CH/9 On The Road

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

              The car almost hit the thick steel bar of the gate and if it actually did, Taeyeon would not know how to clean up the situation. Through the front glass of the seat, the steel gate seemed confining, and there was an extra layer of blockage protected the main gate bar, double hindrance. Slumping in the seat, the wonderful luxury of prospect in hope of getting out of the mansion in Taeyeon's heart was quenched by the sight of it.

             

              "So, it's over? We'll get arrested by grandma." Taeyeon sighed, putting one hand to cover her eyes, wishing all of these were just one of Baekhyun's joke, they were not stuck, they were going out. She then heard the other side's door opened, Baekhyun had got out the car, hands on his waist, examining the exterior of the front gate.

 

              "Don't be pessimistic, yet." His eyes fixed on those lines of bar, "No one knows the plan since it's a secret. I discharged all the security system in the morning, this lockup couldn't possibly happen. Unless..." Now Baekhyun turned his head around to see Taeyeon, who was as well looking at him in worries, they both knew what did this mean. "Unless someone from the inside, reclosed and locked the gate from the control room, and activated the emergency layer."

 

              "Could it, be grandma?"She asked carefully, wishing Baekhyun would answer differently from her assumption.

 

              "No, Mrs. Kim usually wake up at 7. Her room, along with Kris, Luhan, and Chanyeol's room are all on Fifth floor, the control room is on Fourth." Baekhyun calculated as he paced on the pavement ended at the steel railing, the watch around his wrist kept ticking. Then he stopped on his feet, Baekhyun turned to Taeyeon. "Excluded the impossibility, there only left Sehun and your brother from the Fourth floor, as the suspects of our case."

 

              Taeyeon snorted upon the mention of the Jongin's name. "My brother wouldn't, if he knew he would beg to go with us." Baekhyun rubbed his chin in agreement. Moving away from the gate he got into the black sports again, and this time he restarted the suspiring engines. "So, top suspect, Oh Sehun." The car then began to grooved backwards towards the upper path, Taeyeon watched in confusion.

 

              "What are you doing?"

 

              Baekhyun's head constantly switched in directions between the front, the back and the side mirror of the car, skillfully manipulating it to distance their relative location far off from the main gate. He smirked, and Taeyeon knew the things that were about to come out of his mouth was not going to be good.

 

              "If someone doesn't want us to get out, we're getting out. " The steering wheel was spun in uppermost certainty, they were now about in the range of 50 meters, ahead the pavement waited for the car's tires sprinting fast on it. Baekhyun casted a smile at her, which for Taeyeon it was a portent of devil's scheme. "Let's break the gate."

 

              Speechless, Taeyeon only gaped at Baekhyun's audacity, she couldn't help but felt pitiful for the sports car since it was going to suffer from the fate of being totally crashed by the hard steel bars. Although Baekhyun sounded confident, Taeyeon had to make sure he wasn't kidding. "How's this gonna work? Will the car endure the shock? And are you serious about breaking the gate, you know it's vandalism."

 

              He chuckled, looking straight into her faltering eyes. "You don't know much about my car, just wait and see the real show." Resuming the focus to the front, Baekhyun's sharp gaze fixated on the gate bar, the engines started to howling in preparation for the prison break. Taeyeon quickly fastened the seat belt tighter, her hands clamped on the side of the car on the fear being thrown out of the seat. Every cell in her body was on the edge of detonation due to intensive nervousness. Sensing Taeyeon's apprehension Baekhyun offered his hand to her. "If you're afraid, you can take my hand."

 

              "No, I'm not taking the hand that first makes me jump off a building, and then sends me into a car crash." Taeyeon tossed an disgusted look at his hand, but the shivering feeling was not under guarantee by the grasp on the car, somehow she felt an attraction of comfort in Baenhyun's hand. It was Baekhyun's patience that eventually won over Taeyeon's resistance. Her initial rejection was not sufficient to defeat his will, on the contrary Baekhyun's hand made its way down to Taeyeon's pale one that clutched dead around the seat, his fingers hovered right above the back of her hand. "Are you sure?"

 

              There was no response from Taeyeon, she avoided Baekhyun's look as she backed her face to the sideway. Baekhyun smiled, knowing the hesitation in her action signaled Taeyeon's insecurity and the need of warmth. He then gently pressed his palm against her cold skin, sending shivers down her stiffen nerves. Swung her head back, Taeyeon glanced at him uncomfortably but still let Baekhyun took the control over her hand. Her heart skipped a bit, not knowing if it was the cause of the anxiety or the touch. Now his broader one firmly enveloped her little one, it was then Baekhyun realized how pleasant their hands joined together.

 

              "Okay." Rotating his neck a bit, Baekhyun's expression was none but excitement. "Scream if you need to."

 

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter