CH/15 High Heels

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

              Her legs were practically shaking from coldness and lack of equilibrium. The pompous high heels rendered her knees weak and at any second her body would fall to the marble floor. Taeyeon cursed mentally for taking the black dress as her hands grasped desperately onto the hem of the dress trying to pull it down to cover as much of her thigh as possible.

 

              Aside from that there were so much stairs they needed to climb, the party was held in sixth floor, another realm Taeyeon had never been to but that wasn't the point, she had never worn high heels before, every step she took could mean the end of her freedom of walking since a sprain could be pretty severe, her hands never left the stair's banister as if her life depended on it.

 

              On the contrary Hyoyeon and Yuri were so far ahead of her, running, Taeyeon just gasped at how much differences there were between her type of people and the party people. How could they manage to stand on a stick? Like this was basically what high heels to Taeyeon.

              And they didn't seem to mind Taeyeon's snail like pace when they were the one who forced Taeyeon on the high heels.

 

              "Hyo? Yul? Can you give me a hand?" Taeyeon panted while leaning her back on the wall. The party girls spun to look at Taeyeon but didn't come down.

              "We'll help you." Hyoyeon smiled widely however she was only walking farther from Taeyeon. Taeyeon frowned and did not understand her words with the paradoxical action.

 

              "We'll help you get the help from the elites. I'm so excited to know who will be the first one to volunteer as your bodyguard." Hyoyeon giggled. "Trust me this is for your own good. Soon you'll be knowing it." And without a second word they sprinted to the party hall.

 

              "Wait——What? No!" But obviously before Taeyeon could make any opposition to their wicked idea Hyoyeon and Yuri were long gone. The dark staircase in various transparent lights refracted from the hall was only left with her and her shaking knees. Taeyeon daren't to think, how embarrassing would it be to tell all the guys there that she was stuck here merely because she didn't know how to work with high heels? This was a shame for girls, and Taeyeon just wanted to hide herself somewhere.

 

              And who would be the first one? The question pumped in Taeyeon's mind as she suddenly felt nervous. Couldn it be Baekhyun? No. Taeyeon shook her head fiercely and was startled by her own thought. Why should she expect him? He wouldn't come. But a strange disappointment bitterly clawed to her beating heart that was not supposed to happen to her. Taeyeon tried to persuade herself it was simply because he saved her many times and, and she realized she didn't know how to carry on with her excuse.

             

 

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨※¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

 

 

              "Oh my god, Yul, do you think it's Luhan?" Hyoyeon asked while snickering so hard while making that question up to her friend, Yuri just threw a unbelievable look at the latter.

 

              "It must not be him! But actually he can be——Maybe it's Kai, he's Tae's brother."

              Hyoyeon mocked as they both pushed the front door of the hall open, the chromatic party lights and faint buzz of the music spilling out of the door while they marching inside in great expectancy.

 

              "I think it's Chanyeol, they're close friends, remember?"

              "Ya, slim chance. I'm looking forward to see Byun Baekhyun's reaction though." Hyoyeon and Yuri both laughed hard at the comment while eyes were searching for their trials of experiment around the round table in the center of the luxurious hall.

 

              "Hey! Bi——I mean, guys!"

              The elites included Taemin diverted their attention from the drinks and card games they were previously engaging in, except for Baekhyun who was relishing the fine fragrance of the wine in his hand.

              "What Hyoyeon?" Jongin snorted in annoyance but still checking Hyoyeon out shamelessly with one card flipping between his fingers.

 

              "How do I look?" Hyoyeon slipped herself next to Jongin while pulling an arm around his shoulder, Jongin just scoffed, nevertheless allowed their enclosure around him. "Pretty Nice."

              Hyoyeon smiled, seeing this Yuri just rolled her eyes and kept gesturing her to bring up the topic of the thing they were planning the whole time. Yet Hyoyeon was about to get through this straightforward when someone spoke first.

 

              "It's just you two?"

 

              Yuri and Hyoyeon switched an amusing look. Someone helped them to say it. But unexpectedly the person was Oh Sehun. Hyoyeon pretended to be coughing and averted the question the maknae just asked, Yuri was as well looking around the room randomly. I didn't hear it, I didn't hear it.

 

              "Where's Taeyeon?"

 

              Chanyeol extended his lanky torso to watch over the table but saw nothing more than the dance floor and party stuffs, there was no sign of the girl.

              The more worried his face appeared the harder they could suppress their laughter which even burst out. Baekhyun was now fully aware of the strange thing going on here and looking at the two hysterically cackling girls he could conceive something was behind this.

 

              "Where's Taeyeon." Baekhyun's cold voice pierced through their choking laughter and Hyoyeon and Yuri had to stop snickering that much, because no one wanted to make the Boss pissed.

              "Well, Tae, actually...."

 

              "Where is she?" His voice was firmer this tine and there was spiking ray of algidity in his black pupils, Baekhyun didn't want to waste his time on them, the only thing he needed to know now was Taeyeon's safety.

              "Chill...Okay, so here's the thing. Taeyeon..."

              Everyone was waiting for the answer.

 

              "Is stuck on the staircase." However this explanation didn't help the rest to understand what actually happened to Taeyeon.

              "What do you mean by stuck on the staircase?" Taemin chuckled as he taking a sip of his Martini, as confused as the person sit next to him.

 

              "Taeyeon has a hard time with high heels, she can't walk in them and is currently on the stair and which of you guys is going to help her?" Hyoyeon raised a brow at them.

              "I'll go." Chanyeol was the first one hand up and Hyoyeon threw Yuri an victorious look, she got her second assumption correct, Chanyeol was the first one. But he wasn't the only one who wanted to help Taeyeon, because Jongin soon cut into Chanyeol.

 

              "No, I'm Taeyeon's brother I'll help her, you guys just stay."

              "You're too clumsy, she won't trust you." Taemin scoffed.

              "You're no better!"

 

              While all the others were getting into a verbal fight, Baekhyun just stood up with his cold face and walked straight to the entrance of the party hall without necessarily being noticed by most of them. He seriously had enough with these people bantering over triviality while totally forgetting Taeyeon was still in the dilemma of high heels, they said they wanted to help but there wasn't any actual manifestation of their will.

 

              Hypocrite. Baekhyun brought himself quickly to the door hoping Taeyeon would be fine. Suddenly he was quite anticipated to see her again, only this time she would be in her party dress. Baekhyun chuckled silently as he pictured Taeyeon's struggling face trying to manipulate the disobedient high heels on her feet against the stair banister. How cute.

 

              Just now the incendiary conflict on the table had come to adjourn, but soon the girls, the elites and all of them realized that Baekhyun had already took the chance. No one could ever win over Byun Boss. Maybe it was them who were to tacky at snatching things with Baekhyun but no one dared to touch Boss's favorite. Except for Sehun who was now trying to stand up but was hauled down by Luhan's hand on his arms, eyeing him not to be brash.

 

              "I knew it." Yuri looked at the tall figure disappeared by the door and turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter